• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We live in a world where GTA V has been resold for seven years straight across three console generations. I think Nintendo would be fine with an Ultimate port as the next console's Smash game.
GTA V on Switch would be like, what, the 3rd least powerful version, above the PS3 and Xbox 360?

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If Ultimate did get ported, what do you guys wish would come with it?
Character Changes
-Give Ganondorf a completely unique moveset. Make Black Shadow Captain Falcon's echo and give him Ganondorf's old moveset.
-Replace Mario's FLUDD with Cappy.
-Make each of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon a separate character, give every Pokemon except Mewtwo a trainer.
-Give Chrom a new unique moveset. Make Lucina his echo. Make Roy Marth's echo.
-Give Young Link and Toon Link different subweapons so they aren't just using the same Bow/Bomb/Boomerang combo as Adult Link.
-Give Falco the Sniper Rifle and Wolf the Machine Gun from StarFox Assault.
-Make Dr. Mario and Pichu echoes.

Gameplay Features
-Make Hazardless versions of stages selectable from stage select the same way Omega and Battlefield versions are.
-Remember my last color selection for each character. Smash 3DS did this. No idea why Wii U and Ultimate don't.
-Actually balance FS Meter FSes so that people will actually use them in competitive.
-Boss Rush mode.

Additional Content
-More Characters, Echoes, Bosses, obviously.
-Mii Mages.
-Bring back any missing Stages and Assist Trophies that didn't already return.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The next Nintendo system will probably be backwards compatible with the Switch, I think that would mean something. It might make them more open to a reboot, the magmum opus of classic Smash is still on the system.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The next Nintendo system will probably be backwards compatible with the Switch, I think that would mean something. It might make them more open to a reboot, the magmum opus of classic Smash is still on the system.
Makes sense for negotiations too, as a system that can play Ultimate as is (presumably with save information being carried over) likely means a lot less contracts needed to redone for what would officially be a new game.

cothero

Smash Lord
Quick question: Crash was as much requested as Rayman back in Fighter's Ballot in 2015? Cuz i got the impression Crash only started to be largely requested from 2018 on with N' Sane trilogy's announcement on Switch .

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
This is Sunshine erasure. :191: I bet you wanted the Galaxy Spin to replace it in Smash 4 too, you sicko.
Ironically, he would have it in Brawl if they kept the Mario Tornado. All that would be missing is Young Master Luma popping out, which could easily be done similarly to how Cappy appears during Mario's Super Jump Punch.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, another reason why the Wii U ports on Switch worked was because the Switch wasn't backwards compatible with the Wii U. Porting Ultimate makes no sense if you could play Ultimate itself on the new system.

LemonBoy65

Smash Rookie
I rarely come here much sadly, so I'm out of loop with all the speculation.

reads all the past posts

Okay, so what I'm getting at is:

FACTION A: Ryu Hayabusa/Rayman/Doomguy

FACTION B: Crash/KOS-MOS/Reimu

And (I assume) special guests Chun-Li, Lloyd Irving and the Monster Hunter!

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
The Reason Fighter Pass 2 exists, in my opinion, is that negotiations were mostly done for most of the characters, and they probably used the time between June and November to finalize

I Imagine we would have gotten Fighter Pass 3 if negotiations for some characters did not fail, since it seems Nintendo, Sakurai and the Team were prepared to do up to 15 more characters after Plant, which totals to 3 Fighter Passes

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Yeah, another reason why the Wii U ports on Switch worked was because the Switch wasn't backwards compatible with the Wii U. Porting Ultimate makes no sense if you could play Ultimate itself on the new system.
That's implying the next system will continue to use game cartridges and not go back to disks. Meaning it'd be a handheld and console at the same time again.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Reason Fighter Pass 2 exists, in my opinion, is that negotiations were mostly done for most of the characters, and they probably used the time between June and November to finalize

I Imagine we would have gotten Fighter Pass 3 if negotiations for some characters did not fail, since it seems Nintendo, Sakurai and the Team were prepared to do up to 15 more characters after Plant, which totals to 3 Fighter Passes
THIS. reminding y'all this is a thing and to my knowledge that number hasn't changed (adding or removing).

also, the CSS can hold 91 characters before the game crashes, as a modder discovered

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Make Roy Marth's echo...Make Dr. Mario and Pichu echoes.
This either wouldn't actually matter or is straight up a bad idea. The first option would be to just slap the label on them which...OK, and the second option would be to actually make an effort to make them less unique, which would just be a lose lose for everyone.

I suppose you could add the ability to compartmentalize some of the clones as well if you so chose, which is what I imagine would be what you want. Might make the full, "clones out" version of the character select screen even worse than before though...

Actually speaking of, an Ultimate port should have a better character select screen. The order they're in is incredibly non-intuitive, and though this is anecdotal, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be playing the DLC characters all the time since they're in the center of the screen if I didn't have to go searching every time I wanted to play a non-DLC character.

EDIT: Oh, and remember what character and pallet swap we were using in the last match. That was such a great feature and it's pretty dumb that only Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3Ds has it.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
THIS. reminding y'all this is a thing and to my knowledge that number hasn't changed (adding or removing).

also, the CSS can hold 91 characters before the game crashes, as a modder discovered
Wait, I thought it could hold up to 90 before it crashes

do you mean it crashes when the CSS hits 91 characters, or can it actually hold 91 characters without crashing?

SharkLord

Smash Hero

reads all the past posts

Faction A and Faction B are correct, but the special guests are more like a bunch of splinter factions drawing their own conclusions from the implications of the negotiations rumor. Some think Chun-Li and Lloyd, some just think Chun-Li, some just think Lloyd, some thing Yuri instead of Lloyd, etc. The leak is just negotiations that supposedly fell through, so it's a lot less final than most leaks.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait, I thought it could hold up to 90 before it crashes

do you mean it crashes when the CSS hits 91 characters, or can it actually hold 91 characters without crashing?
im pretty sure it's 91 without crashing. this of course also includes Random

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

reads all the past posts

You won't find many people thinking Doomguy has a chance considering dev interviews implied he didn't make the cut.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
The game that had these deserves to be erased.

Super Mario Sunshine - Pachinko Level
The Watermelon Festival - Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia
Thoughts - My Top 5 Hardest Super Mario Sunshine Shines
Trust me, if you replay the last 2, you'll find out they're much easier than you remember, even if you don't first try them.
Pachinko, however, is just completely broken; you don't even have to do much more than move the controller left and right to prove that.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That's implying the next system will continue to use game cartridges and not go back to disks. Meaning it'd be a handheld and console at the same time again.
Nintendo is probably going to do that again, as the Switch was a massive success for the company.

7NATOR

Smash Master
If Sephiroth and Ken Masters were planned around 2015, I Imagine another Sonic Character is already in the Pipeline

7NATOR

Smash Master
Not really. It's possible that Sega might add in another new franchise rep.
They added Joker

They could add in another franchise rep, but it's possible like with Sephiroth, there may have finally been idea to have Another Sonic Character in Smash playable since 2015

Ken Masters and Sephiroth were in the pipeline. I can't imagine that they ignored Sonic

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Not really. It's possible that Nintendo might add in another new franchise rep.
Fixed.

Even so, with characters like Tails, Dr. Eggman, and potentially Shadow and Knuckles, it isn't exactly a no-brainer decision to go for other franchises instead. We could get Demi-Fiend, Shenmou, or Kiryu next, but I wouldn't count out a second Sonic the Hedgehog character either. Not by a long shot.

venomthebest

Smash Apprentice
I have an idea to propose. So if we look at all the spirit events after byleth, there is no spirit event with min min in it assuming they didn't want to put any spotlight on that spirit since they had already decided to put min min in smash at that point. So if that is something to take seriously then if chun li was shown in any of the spirit events post byleth, then it could be safe to assume that her chances might drop since it doesn't make sense to include her spirit when they know she is coming as a character. It just sounds weird to me and would be easy to just not include her in events to avoid confusion. Idk I've been obsessing on finding little crumbs of information the past week. OH side note to that same idea, waluigi is shown in events post byleth and also elma isnt in the spirit event with the theme of long hair and she totally would fit the bill for that event. IDK, what are your guys thoughts

edit: the spirit event chun li is in https://www.ssbwiki.com/Sleeve-Free_Zone

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I have an idea to propose. So if we look at all the spirit events after byleth, there is no spirit event with min min in it assuming they didn't want to put any spotlight on that spirit since they had already decided to put min min in smash at that point. So if that is something to take seriously then if chun li was shown in any of the spirit events post byleth, then it could be safe to assume that her chances might drop since it doesn't make sense to include her spirit when they know she is coming as a character. It just sounds weird to me and would be easy to just not include her in events to avoid confusion. Idk I've been obsessing on finding little crumbs of information the past week. OH side note to that same idea, waluigi is shown in events post byleth and also elma isnt in the spirit event with the theme of long hair and she totally would fit the bill for that event. IDK, what are your guys thoughts
Elma I never took to have that long of Hair. I always thought it was considered short-ish

anyway as for Chun-Li, she is in this Spirit Board event

and this is a very recent one

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Elma hasn’t been in ANY spirit events, I’d imagine it’s due to the special unlock conditions for her spirit

venomthebest

Smash Apprentice
Elma I never took to have that long of Hair. I always thought it was considered short-ish

anyway as for Chun-Li, she is in this Spirit Board event

and this is a very recent one
yes elmas hair isnt incredibly long but one spirit in that event is trevor belmont and his hair isnt even as long as her hair. That's probably reaching tho.
but ya in my book chun li isnt getting in

Elma hasn’t been in ANY spirit events, I’d imagine it’s due to the special unlock conditions for her spirit
Ah that would explain her absense, this is good information to know.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
yes elmas hair isnt incredibly long but one spirit in that event is trevor belmont and his hair isnt even as long as her hair. That's probably reaching tho.
but ya in my book chun li isnt getting in
I mean (X spoiler) her true form has longer hair. Though tbf her true form may be a fighter spirit... at least I am hoping so

7NATOR

Smash Master
If she was WOL Exclusive, I'd be inclined to agree

But she's Spirit board exclusive, and We've had a Spirit board Exclusive Spirit headline a Spirit Event before

Wario-Man is Spirit Board exclusive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom