• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Lets talk archetypes. Have you noticed we dont have many Mage or Spellcaster type characters? I only have counted 3. 4 if you consider Hero's gimmick.

I wonder who could fill this archetype. Tricky because no popular character fits this

Jaina Proudmoore from Warcraft

She is mainly an Ice Mage and is one of the more important characters in the franchise

Faso115

Smash Lord
Oh btw the characters i meant were Robin, Palutena and Zelda,

Then i remembered Ness and Lucas exists though they are more like psychics. But i guess they still fit the mold. So 6-7, pretty alright all things considered

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Lets talk archetypes. Have you noticed we dont have many Mage or Spellcaster type characters? I only have counted 3. 4 if you consider Hero's gimmick.

I wonder who could fill this archetype. Tricky because no popular character fits this
Vivi or Terra if Sephiroth didn't just get in.

EDIT: Also Arle from Puyo

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Well Ashley was pretty popular before her Assist Trophy got confirmed. She'd be a good fit in future games.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Indeed she does! Ahri is a Burst Mage, in League, meaning you're supposed to chain multiple abilities when engaging an enemy to deal massive damage, which she can also make use of through her mobility. Though she, like most mages in the game, is a bit of a glass cannon as a result.

About Reimu: didn't she have more of a rushdown playstyle in the Touhou fighting games? Grazing was a mechanic there too, right?
I feel like Reimu would draw more from the shooters rather than the fighters, at least in terms of playstyle. I could see her using some of the animations from the fighters, but overall she'd probably be more focused on translating the mechanics of the mainline games.

Either way, I'm not sure if Reimu's talismans and gohei really fit with the mage archetype. She doesn't really feel like she fits into any archetype, at least note one that I can think of.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I honestly have no clue how Reimu would play honestly, I can imagine some bullet hell sorcery, maybe have some of those bullets have no hitsun like Fox's laser, but occasionally have some more powerful shots inbetween. Just a swarm damage type of character, perhaps.

But just like Mega Man I would assume she'd lose to bucket to Bounce super hard, so gotta throw in some normal non-projectile attacks.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
Speaking of archetypes, i think the only one missing at this point is of a FPS character. Snake is the closest thing to it, being a character of a stealth/third-person shooter franchise. We got mages, platform game characters, slashers, RPG's, fighting game characters, 3d platform, open world (steve), etc. What else is missing?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Speaking of archetypes, i think the only one missing at this point is of a FPS character. Snake is the closest thing to it, being a character of a stealth/third-person shooter franchise. We got mages, platform game characters, slashers, RPG's, fighting game characters, 3d platform, open world (steve), etc. What else is missing?
We don't have a character from a Horror game, unless you count Castlevania for some reason

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
puzzle?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
we don't got anyone from rhythm games yet wink wink

Last edited:

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Visual Novel and Horror are two that come to mind.
My most wanted for each are actually from Capcom. Phoenix for VN and Leon or Jill for Horror.

Miles of SmashWiki

Smash Apprentice
:ultduckhunt: is from a first-person game where you shoot, although I somehow doubt that's what you meant.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Visual novels, for one. Phoenix Wright usually comes to mind due to his UMvC3 pedigree, but here's one I could think of who mostly fits that bill:
Sakura Shinguji.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch our first FPS being Tracer.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I had a friend suggest Sigma from the Mega Man X series would be a good addition to Smash and no I can't stop thinking about it.

Faso115

Smash Lord
You know Nintendo does co-own Fatal Frame, what if they manage to add one of the protagonists from one of the many games in that franchise? I mean, Yuri's camera does harm fighters in her assist trophy, honestly it would be a really interersting addition.

Unfortunately is not that hype and DLC is only allowed to be hype /s. A Fatal Frame character would be perfect for base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom