• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, Tales of Tho was a piping hot mess. Slow, clunky combat, overpowered enemies, horrendously broken leveling system, and loads and loads of loading. It's literally half an actual game; The remake, Tales of Though, is what we could've gotten if it had just finished production in the first place. How it got rushed out in such a situation, I do not know.
they couldnt even finish the title bro it was just sad

7NATOR

Smash Master
Smash 3DS had a good Single Player because I think it was focused more around Single Player whereas the Wii U version was based more around Multiplayer.

That aside, I'd say Ultimate has a better Single Player than Wii U because the bosses are legitimately fun fights, Classic Mode does not have the random amount of characters thing that Wii U did(as well as the random pop-up enemies that would replace fighters you think you'll do good against), and some of the Spirit fights are pretty fun to do.
It's definitely not as replayable as Smash Bros 3DS is, but I consider it an upgrade from Smash Wii U just because Wii U's Classic mode felt way too hectic sometimes with trying to take advantage of 8-player Smash and random pop-ups that would replace fighters you choose to go against.
Oh yeah, I'd also say Ultimate has it better than Wii U. But I do wish they took a Page from 3DS Book

Like I don't expect them add Smash Run, but perhaps making a Classic Mode based of the 3DS Version in Ultimate where you can choose whether to go Easy, Medium, or Hard Route, or even just allowing Character routes to be done with any character after you finish it (EX: you can do Sephiroth's Classic Mode route with Mario after you finish it). Add a Boss Rush mode that any character can do and I think it would go a long way in Making the Single Player more enjoyable and Replayable

I'll also say that 3DS Version deserved to sell better than the Wii U Version. I think 3DS version overall was a better game.

half of the DLC fighters have been from JRPGs

so im gonna say we have one more for balance sake :jojo:
I Also expect another RPG Character

Now as for the choices Personally it's between Tales of, Granblue, Draglia Lost, Xenosaga, and Maybe Falcom for me (But Also personally, I don't expect Falcom as full character anymore.)

If I'm going to go with my Theory Craft, if the Next character is not an RPG Character, and the Character is Not Monokuma, Freddy Fazbear, or Apex Legends character, Then I think our RPG Character would have originated in the 2010's

This would mean no Falcom or Xenosaga character, or Lloyd or Yuri.

so for me then, the Choices would be between Velvet, Euden from Dragalia lost, or Perhaps Gran from Granblue

Gran or Euden would explain why Monster Hunter Costumes are still missing, because I believe both their franchises have had a crossover with Monster Hunter in the Past (I Know Draglia Lost did). Velvet would probably be the coolest option in My Opinion, but I Know Gran could make use of a Class Change system, which is a Gameplay element Sakurai expressed interest in doing in the past

Gran and Euden also would make the Cygames relation even closer, and stuff like that. They also make sense being one of the last Characters, even we take into account how the Hype Cycle goes. I Know people, at least in the West (and especially Europe) will not be hype about Gran or Euden. Velvet

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Remember kids, this implies Jesus Christ is canon to Mario lore.
On that note, Jesus Christ is also canon to Touhou.
And not just implicitly

7NATOR

Smash Master
idk bro im going with dart

View attachment 297103

no real reason im just going with dart
Smash already got Snake, Cloud, and Sephiroth when PSASBR couldn't. Putting in Dart would just be rubbing it in at this point (not that I have a Problem with that, though I'm unfamiliar with Dart himself though)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
We already got Sephiroth, unfortunately.

View attachment 297094

Sephiroth basically killed a good bunch of RPG candidates since he's Square actually, which is funny. I mean we still got people like KOS-MOS still roaming around, and she'd definitely be the Monolith pick since Rex ain't getting nowhere.
We got Joker and Hero back to back. Both RPGs. And we got Byleth later, also an RPG.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Will is talking about Square Enix RPGs, and he's not wrong about that since Sephiroth is from Square Enix and his inclusion kinda kills off the chances of other Square Enix characters.
I'm a nerd that likes cereal box mascots. I wanted Chokobo and Slime.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We got Joker and Hero back to back. Both RPGs. And we got Byleth later, also an RPG.
ben, read my post again but very slowly :nifty: because you missed the point.

Will is talking about Square Enix RPGs, and he's not wrong about that since Sephiroth is from Square Enix and his inclusion kinda kills off the chances of other Square Enix characters.
good to see someone can read

Smash already got Snake, Cloud, and Sephiroth when PSASBR couldn't. Putting in Dart would just be rubbing it in at this point (not that I have a Problem with that, though I'm unfamiliar with Dart himself though)
yeah.... still going with dart

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Weird question

But if we got another Fighting Game Character, would Ryu, if he was a Mii Costume, fit with the theme, because he's in Dead or Alive?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Master Core is the best boss in the Smash series, no question about it. What an incredible fight, especially on the Wii U version at the highest intensities, Master Fortress and all.
I think the fortress is stupid, but aside from that, he is the best final boss in the series.

Of course he'd be even better if he wasn't a Smash OC and, instead of the Master Core, it was the core of the Devil's Machine.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
But if we got another Fighting Game Character, would Ryu, if he was a Mii Costume, fit with the theme, because he's in Dead or Alive?
sigh I don't like admitting this, but Hayabusa could easily work as a Mii Swordfighter.

In fact, a lot of my most wanteds could work as Miis. Rizer & Bean as Gunners, Kunio & Riki as Brawlers, etc.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
no because the next fighting game character is scorpion :mybodyisreggie:
I Wish. Scorpion in the Same game as Mario, Ryu, etc would be so hype. I don't know if WB Games would make the negotations easy though. It's possible though. Mortal Kombat has alot of merit in Smash

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If there’s a Tales rep I’m fairly confident it would be Lloyd, but I doubt there will be a Tales rep.

Especially now that Cacomallow is for sure false, I’m throwing any leaks involving Doom Guy straight into the garbage bin. Bethesda closed that door months ago.
Just because Microsoft bought Bethesda that doesn't mean Doom Slayer is out. The fighters in Fighter's Pass 2 were all decided and written in stone before Microsoft acquired Bethesda so Doom Slayer would still count as a Bethesda rep and not a Microsoft one since Bethesda was still on it's own when Fighter's Pass 2 was greenlited.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Just because Microsoft bought Bethesda that doesn't mean Doom Slayer is out. The fighters in Fighter's Pass 2 were all decided and written in stone before Microsoft acquired Bethesda so Doom Slayer would still count as a Bethesda rep and not a Microsoft one since Bethesda was still on it's own when Fighter's Pass 2 was greenlited.
Regardless, Bethesda reps are in an equally bad spot as additional Microsoft reps.

It could still happen, but Vault Boy probably would've been saved for a Bethesda character, not a random first-party.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well said. I thought about saying something to that effect, but I think there are some merits to working backwards to support a conclusion. After all, that's how I write my pieces. I think about a character I want to argue for, and then I work backwards to find evidence to support their possible inclusion. I think how absolute a claim is means more than the method used in this case.
True, but that's the difference between the starting point being the character, and branching out to explain how their inclusion could become a reality, and the (alleged) starting point being some material that has no inherent relevance to the character but jamming them together because the end will justify the means.

The former is just trying to collect evidence. The latter is trying to create evidence.

I think Legend of Dragoon fans would be happy to just have anyone acknowledge their existence, frankly.

Yeah I think it has less to do with the buyout and more to do with the strong implication from the DOOM guys that the character isn't in, as well as Bethesda content already showing up in an unrelated wave. It's not exactly a Capcom situation where the quantity necessitates a division...

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
On that note, Jesus Christ is also canon to Touhou.
And not just implicitly
Jesus Christ is connected to Reimu, Mario, Xenosaga, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Trials of Mana. At this point I believe all those franchises are in the same universe.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
idk bro im going with dart

View attachment 297103

no real reason im just going with dart
Immense, visible pain

The Legend of Dragoon is by far the PlayStation 1 game I spent the most time in. I REALLY hope it’s what Bluepoint remakes next.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
"With a little old driver so lively and spry,
I knew in a moment he must be Saint Sakurai
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name:

Now, Shantae! now, Isaac! now Rayman and Pyra!
On, Crash! on, Ryu! on, Phoenix and Arle Nadja!
To the top of the stage! to the top of the wall!
Now smash away! smash away! smash away all!"

Have a safe and fun holidays Smashboards, won't be back for a while. :)

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Jesus Christ is connected to Reimu, Mario, Xenosaga, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Trials of Mana. At this point I believe all those franchises are in the same universe.
So what you're saying is: if Sora gets in, the events of Metal Gear, Zelda, Metroid, all of the Marioverse; plus Buddhism and Christianity will all be linked to and canonical to it, the FF and Disney worlds?

Neat.

On a completely different topic, I want to propose a game: what's your top wishes... for Spirit Events and Mii Costumes?

For Spirits, I'd love me some Lobotomy Corporation/Library of Ruina, because that has a snowball's chance in hell of getting playable content. I'd like music the most, but eh, what can you do. Also, if Ace Attorney and Puyo Puyo don't get a playable character, I'd rather get a few Spirits than nothing at all. And an Undertale event to match the Sans costume, of course.

For Costumes, Cadence and the Knight come to mind as PreMiium, but Klonoa would be neat too.

D

Deleted member

So what you're saying is: if Sora gets in, the events of Metal Gear, Zelda, Metroid, all of the Marioverse; plus Buddhism and Christianity will all be linked to and canonical to it, the FF and Disney worlds?

Neat.

On a completely different topic, I want to propose a game: what's your top wishes... for Spirit Events and Mii Costumes?

For Spirits, I'd love me some Lobotomy Corporation/Library of Ruina, because that has a snowball's chance in hell of getting playable content. I'd like music the most, but eh, what can you do. Also, if Ace Attorney and Puyo Puyo don't get a playable character, I'd rather get a few Spirits than nothing at all. And an Undertale event to match the Sans costume, of course.

For Costumes, Cadence and the Knight come to mind as PreMiium, but Klonoa would be neat too.
Spirits: Bug Fables & Hades
Miis: Adol swordfighter, Phoenix brawler w/ Cornered, & KOS-MOS gunner

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Neat.

All I want more than anything is some kind of acknowledgement of Mischief Makers. Marina Liteyears will never be playable, but a Mii costume for a brawler would be just wonderful, or even a Spirit. It'd be a childhood dream come true.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom