• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
his gun also just has a muzzle flash and a quick-moving hitbox without an actual bullet to depict the attack reads to me as circumventing some kind of issue
Don't Bayonetta's pistols have shells ejecting?

I wonder if they only want to stick with pistols in regards to guns. Joker and Bayonetta, the two characters who supposedly broke the "no guns" rule, only use pistols and not any other gun in their movesets, and most of Duck Hunt's Wild Gunmen fire revolvers.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Seriously though, I don't think Nintendo cares at all about subverting expectations. They pick who they pick. The speculation scene is going to get it right SOME of the time. It's inevitable.
I mean, we've sorta got things right; Hero, Byleth, Steve, and Pyra (By extension of Rex). Thing is, they were A: Off on some of the details (Except Hero, who was leaked), and B: When they swung around, they weren't the ultra-safe frontrunners. I'd say they were mostly mid/high-tier in the speculation scene for various reasons, but not quite top tier. (Predicted for the next pass rather than FP1, passed over in favor of Master Chief, just not as safe as the likes of Crash and Hayabusa). Though, I will admit that Steve seemed pretty popular outside of SmashBoards.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
This is based on absolutely nothing, but maybe the gun thing is more about using the guns realistically. The Gunmen are cartoony enough that most people forget they exist when talking about guns, and Bayonetta and Joker use pistols one-handed (or -footed) and have plenty of flair while doing it. Compared to that, it'd feel weird for a character to hold an assault rifle two-handed and point it directly at the target.

D

Deleted member

This is based on absolutely nothing, but maybe the gun thing is more about using the guns realistically. The Gunmen are cartoony enough that most people forget they exist when talking about guns, and Bayonetta and Joker use pistols one-handed (or -footed) and have plenty of flair while doing it. Compared to that, it'd feel weird for a character to hold an assault rifle two-handed and point it directly at the target.
Not to mention Joker's is imaginary. It's just a replica meant to look real so that in the mindscape he fights with it in, the enemies believe its real and thus are hurt realistically by it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Not to mention Joker's is imaginary. It's just a replica meant to look real so that in the mindscape he fights with it in, the enemies believe its real and thus are hurt realistically by it.
...In other words, it's effectively real in the context of Smash, just with the lore justifying why he has it. Smash never mentions the whole "Mindscape makes gun real" thing even once, so as far as it's concerned Joker's a guy with a gun.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Here's a fun discussion topic. What franchises or games have you been introduced to due to Smash speculation?

Ill say this, I have been shown the light in terms of Falcom. While Trails of the Sky and Cold Steel are on my backburner, Ys is fun. Like, real fun. And the soundtrack slaps. Honestly so glad I had it introduced to me.
Not necessarily introduced, but gotten into? Ace Attorney, Guilty Gear and most obscure Nintendo stuff I'm a fan of

Oh, and SNK. Not because of the leak/Terry's reveal, but from stumbling across his support thread in, like, 2018

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do wonder how Dragalia is doing from a financial standpoint.

I've heard it's not doing well, and as someone who's friends with someone who works on the game, his only response he can say is "It's doing crap".

lol
This is an anecdote from about six to eight months ago, but I remember someone who analyzed app charts and sales figures basically said the following.

Fire Emblem Heroes makes about 10% of what Fate: Grand Order makes per month on a good month for FEH.

Dragalia, meanwhile, makes 10% of what FEH makes in an especially good month for Dragalia and a bad month for FEH.

Basically Dragalia Lost doesn't make a lot of money from what we can tell and your friend is pretty on the ball, lol.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Can't wait for the time when I actually can walk outside regularly enough to enjoy this (haven't been active at Pokemon Go since last March).
Thank god, It gets real tired walking sometimes. I just hope Nintendos next goal is to make breathing fun:4pacman:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Fire Emblem Heroes makes about 10% of what Fate: Grand Order makes per month on a good month for FEH.
Hearing this makes me sad. Grand Order may have better characters and story than FEH, but goddamn, the horror stories of Grand Order's gacha system make me too thankful for how forgiving FEH's is and has become. The only reason some of us in the West are capable of getting through Grand Order's gacha system is because we're 2 years behind and thus can actually prepare for what we want while Japan will never get the chance to prepare.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Better CPU and more memory... hmm... 🤔

But also, it’s $100 more than the OG. Maybe they’re making the Switch a perennial thing like this?

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Hearing this makes me sad. Grand Order may have better characters and story than FEH, but goddamn, the horror stories of Grand Order's gacha system make me too thankful for how forgiving FEH's is and has become. The only reason some of us in the West are capable of getting through Grand Order's gacha system is because we're 2 years behind and thus can actually prepare for what we want while Japan will never get the chance to prepare.
They could always stop playing.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Better CPU and more memory... hmm... 🤔
Does this mean smash will stop taking a minute to load?
How do I sell my kidneys?

Ivander

Smash Legend
They could always stop playing.
You'd hope, but nope. Japan loves their waifus and Grand Order is one of those ones where the characters get so much attention, to the point where Grand Order heavily overtook Kantai and Granblue in the doujin department in sales and whatnot.

That said, last year was a slow year for Grand Order in Japan last year and it suffered for it financially. So if it still continues, I'm hoping when the 6th Anniversary comes that it gives the gacha system a much needed and proper spark system or at least a way to actually get the character you want.

D

Deleted member

Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Xenoblade, King of Fighters and soon Bayonetta.

EDIT: I just change my pfp, and then I looked up and saw basically the exact same one, im sorry I didn't mean to copy you, I wanted to do this yesterday but was really tired.
Just noticed myself and went "Wait, when did I double Post?!"

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that we are getting an upgraded Switch model, but I believe that it will not be called the "Switch Pro" in order to avoid accusations of ripping off Sony.

Polan

Smash Lord
I mean, we've sorta got things right; Hero, Byleth, Steve, and Pyra (By extension of Rex). Thing is, they were A: Off on some of the details (Except Hero, who was leaked), and B: When they swung around, they weren't the ultra-safe frontrunners. I'd say they were mostly mid/high-tier in the speculation scene for various reasons, but not quite top tier. (Predicted for the next pass rather than FP1, passed over in favor of Master Chief, just not as safe as the likes of Crash and Hayabusa). Though, I will admit that Steve seemed pretty popular outside of SmashBoards.
hey i predicted terry way back in 2018 so i should get all the credit too. if it wasnt for me he wouldnt have gotten in.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Byleth was actually a surprise character, as most people believed that CP5 was going to be a third party.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I dunno much about gachas so I'm just sitting here taking notes whenever anyone says the drop rates of a game are very generous or very unforgiving I'm just sitting here taking notes going "Hmm yes fascinating."
Basically, to sum up Grand Order's horror gacha stories. 2000 Quartz used for summoning. Not a single 5-Star. It takes 30 Quartz to do one 10-roll summon that gives you a total of 10 Servants or Craft Essances(so basically it can be 2 Servants and 8 CEs or 4 Servants and 6 CEs, etc).
2000 Quartz is approximately 66-67 10 Rolls, so like 660 or 670 Servants/Craft Essances. And yet there's this person who had 2000 Quartz did not get a single 5-Star Servant at all. 660/670 cards and no SSR at all
Then there are the horror stories that involve actual money and you have people on average spending around $400 to $500 once again to still get no 5-Star or 1 5-star they were not rolling for. One of the worst ones was the story about a guy who spent more than $1K and didn't get the Servant they wanted at all. Because while Grand Order has a spark system, it's not a proper one. If you spend a good amount of money, it will at some point guarantee you a 5-Star, but it won't necessarily give you the one that you are rolling for on the Banner.
Then combine that with tons of Servants being limited. Some Servants are only available when they are on the Banner and when they are gone, they stay gone until the next time they come up on a Banner. And basically, it's possible for these Servants to never re-appear for long periods of time. There's a limited Servant who did not appear again until around 2 years. Basically, you either have to rely on the random Guaranteed Gacha or you have to try to get them now cause the next time they appear, it may not be until after a long time. And more than 50%/60% of these 5-Star Servants are frickin' Limited.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Some consumers would think that Nintendo is trying to copy the PS4 Pro, thus causing lower sales.
You clearly don't have much of an idea of how any of this works lol. Or did people mix up a PlayStation 4 Pro and an iPad Pro and I just wasn't aware of it?

It's a placeholder name to get the idea across. And honestly the real reason they wouldn't call it a Switch Pro is because it will still inevitably not be able to compete with Sony and Microsoft's power output so the name would be a misnomer. Nintendo is scared of modern technology.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Some consumers would think that Nintendo is trying to copy the PS4 Pro, thus causing lower sales.
Man, if using a word for your product/services' name that another company uses is a bad thing that hurts sales, then somebody better tell all the TV streaming services that.

Seriously it feels like every single one just slaps the word "plus" at the end of their channel name for their streaming service.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
who would care that they use the same adjective.

would people care if they called it the New PS5? I mean, it would still be a dumb name but not because Nintendo did it first.

Polan

Smash Lord
I just want it to be announced so that used Switches get cheaper.
actually raises prices on used switches like a boss
S C A L P E R T I M E
You clearly don't have much of an idea of how any of this works lol. Or did people mix up a PlayStation 4 Pro and an iPad Pro and I just wasn't aware of it?

It's a placeholder name to get the idea across. And honestly the real reason they wouldn't call it a Switch Pro is because it will still inevitably not be able to compete with Sony and Microsoft's power output so the name would be a misnomer. Nintendo is scared of modern technology.
eh based on some of the stuff rumoured it might actually be able to keep up with them. not the super intensive series x and ps5 stuff but ill definitely be able to play some next gen stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom