• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was thinking FETH was going to get a character too.

Just not for FP1...
Meanwhile I always thought Three Houses could be the one first party game to get into FP1, but I bet on the wrong character.

...At least we were all close, lol.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I am wondering tho, how much did the New 3DS XL sell? I never bothered upgrading my regular 3DS XL...

though if Katsukity is still around I may save for a New 3DS w/soldered capture card...

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Here's a fun discussion topic. What franchises or games have you been introduced to due to Smash speculation?

Ill say this, I have been shown the light in terms of Falcom. While Trails of the Sky and Cold Steel are on my backburner, Ys is fun. Like, real fun. And the soundtrack slaps. Honestly so glad I had it introduced to me.
Ace attorney, Dragon quest, Mario rpg and Yakuza.

Some consumers would think that Nintendo is trying to copy the PS4 Pro, thus causing lower sales.
Nintendo shouldn't call the next Smash "Ultimate" because some consumers would think that Nintendo is trying to copy Marvel vs capcom 3 ultimate, thus causing lower sales.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Meanwhile I always thought Three Houses could be the one first party game to get into FP1, but I bet on the wrong character.

I also bet on the wrong character (same one as yours) so you were closer than I was at least. :drshrug:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Better CPU and more memory... hmm... 🤔

But also, it’s $100 more than the OG. Maybe they’re making the Switch a perennial thing like this?
Oh for the love of god please just don't have first party exclusives.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

And here I was correctly predicting that if they were going to choose anyone, it'd be Byleth.

The part I got wrong was thinking he wouldn't be part of the DLC at all.

If we combine our predictions together, it will fuse into a correct prediction so everyone wins!

ZelDan

Smash Master
And here I was correctly predicting that if they were going to choose anyone, it'd be Byleth.

The part I got wrong was thinking he wouldn't be part of the DLC at all.

If we combine our predictions together, it will fuse into a correct prediction so everyone wins!
4+ wrongs make a right when it comes to Smash speculation I suppose.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Nintendo shouldn't call the next Smash "Ultimate" because some consumers would think that Nintendo is trying to copy Marvel vs capcom 3 ultimate, thus causing lower sales.
They clearly copied FNAF Ultimate Custom Night, those jerks.

Wait, FREDDY IN SMASH?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

KillerCage

Smash Master
Here's a fun discussion topic. What franchises or games have you been introduced to due to Smash speculation?

Ill say this, I have been shown the light in terms of Falcom. While Trails of the Sky and Cold Steel are on my backburner, Ys is fun. Like, real fun. And the soundtrack slaps. Honestly so glad I had it introduced to me.
Doom.

Just Doom.

Played through Doom 1, 2, 3, 2016, and Eternal all on Switch.

2016 is my favorite so far.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
They clearly copied FNAF Ultimate Custom Night, those jerks.

Wait, FREDDY IN SMASH?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
Don't worry, Scott Cawthon revealed there weren't any collabs planned. Granted, he didn't specifically mention Smash, but I doubt he'd troll about something beyond his control.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, what's on the docket for the 6pm event tonight? Spirit Event or another tournament?
Calling a Rise event, though I think they usually do those AFTER the game in question drops

If not that then an Overwatch event like I’ve predicted countless times before...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Please someone tell me there's some new rumour or leak to discuss about.
Aside from a projectile grazing glitch some have theorized hints at Reimu from Touhou (assuming you believe glitch theory) then no there’s nothin’

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

Wow... it's actually hard to remember them all.

As far as learning about franchises/games I barely knew existed: Super Mario RPG and Golden Sun, the latter of which I still need to buy.

As far as encouraging me to play/buy a game from a franchise: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Doom, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, and Shantae.

EDIT: This is what makes the Smash scene and franchise so fantastic. You're introduced to so much that you never knew you could love.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
PlayStation console war fans crap on Nintendo all the time, this wouldn't be new.
The same happens the other way around. Also with Xbox or PC fanboys. In the console wars you're gonna see a lot of stupid people throwing **** to the console they don't like everytime they can. Specially on Twitter.

Seriously maybe is just me but lately I feel like people is even more dumb and toxic on the official posts from Nintendo, Sony and company.

I mean, there was always people acting like kids and all but now I feel it's even worse. It doesn't help that like half of the comments are usually very annoying meme or bait posts. Saying this because after reading some answers to the last few tweets Nintendo has made, I felt like I lose neurons lol

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The same happens the other way around. Also with Xbox or PC fanboys. In the console wars you're gonna see a lot of stupid people throwing **** to the console they don't like everytime they can. Specially on Twitter.

Seriously maybe is just me but lately I feel like people is even more dumb and toxic on the official posts from Nintendo, Sony and company.

I mean, there was always people acting like kids and all but now I feel it's even worse. It doesn't help that like half of the comments are usually very annoying meme or bait posts. Saying this because after reading some answers to the last few tweets Nintendo has made, I felt like I lose neurons lol
Lockdown shoved back all the cool %$#@ that would sate their appetites. General rule of thumb regarding nature; Hungry=Aggressive.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It doesn't help that like half of the comments are usually very annoying meme or bait posts.
From what little I see about Twitter, it really just seems to be a place where people just look for stuff to be mad at, gain attention by getting people mad at stuff, or memeing everything.

Oh, and sometimes they post legitimate updates to things like business schedules.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman

I'm gonna be honest. Brawl was my first Smash game and I was primarily a Playstation kid until the Wii (Minus the Gameboy Advanced) So Literally all of them minus Mario, Pokemon, Donkey Kong and Sonic.

In fact, I made many assumptions while playing Subspace Emissary. I thought that
  • Marth was a girl
  • Samus and ZZS were separate people so I was confused when Samus came in and I never saw ZZS again.
  • Mr. Game & Watch was a guy who summoned objects from his watch
  • That it wasn't about nintendo or video games in general so I wanted Ben 10 playable
  • The Pokemon trainer was Ash
  • the human characters wouldn't be fun to play as so I intentionally avoided them
  • Ness and Lucas were brothers
But that's what happens when Brawl was one of my first Nintendo consoles. But thanks to YouTube at the time I was able to learn about all of these franchises and gain an appreciation for them. I even got my mom to buy my a Nintendo 64 and SNES to play some of their games

Technomage

Smash Champion
Sorry, that quota was met with Abigail, who was clearly the better Final Fight character anyways. :troll:
Nah, Poison's the best Final Fight character, no matter what her biological gender might be. ;P

Hmm, I'd say Falcom and the Estelle chick it owns; and I still don't even remember what game she comes from. XD

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Nah, Poison's the best Final Fight character, no matter what her biological gender might be. ;P
OK real talk, Abigail is such a "why are you the way that you are?" character. Like, I'm not intimately familiar with Street Fighter's cast, but Abigail seems to be a whole 'nother level of stupid that doesn't seem to match the universe he exists in.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'm gonna be honest. Brawl was my first Smash game and I was primarily a Playstation kid until the Wii (Minus the Gameboy Advanced) So Literally all of them minus Mario, Pokemon, Donkey Kong and Sonic.

In fact, I made many assumptions while playing Subspace Emissary. I thought that
  • Marth was a girl
  • Samus and ZZS were separate people so I was confused when Samus came in and I never saw ZZS again.
  • That it wasn't about nintendo or video games in general so I wanted Ben 10 playable
  • the human characters wouldn't be fun to play as so I intentionally avoided them
But that's what happens when Brawl was one of my first Nintendo consoles. But thanks to YouTube at the time I was able to learn about all of these franchises and gain an appreciation for them. I even got my mom to buy my a Nintendo 64 and SNES to play some of their games
I'm pretty much was in the same boat as you, except I do believe I Recognized Link as well, Because I had a 64 and one of the games was Ocarina

I didn't recognized Ganondorf, despite seeing him multiple times in Ocarina of Time because I was playing on near finished save file, because The design in Brawl was different from in Ocrarina. Same reason why I didn't recongnized Zelda either

I Recognized all the Mario characters, Some of the Pokemon, Both Donkey Kong and Diddy, and Sonic

So, what's on the docket for the 6pm event tonight? Spirit Event or another tournament?
It should be a tournament this time. Plus I'm actually more excited for the Tourneys than the Spirit events this time around

The tourneys could help in narrowing down characters depending on what the Tourneys are. As an example, if we get a 2010's tourney, Than I will suspect the last characters will originate from an older Time period

Isn't there also that glitch regarding Dark Pit?
If CP10 is supposed to be the bigger character of the last 2, Than this bigger character either has a Projectile with properties similar to Dark Pit, AND/OR they have embeding properties, where the projectile could embed in surfaces AND/OR opponents

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace

• Marth was a girl
It's always extremely fun reading about these sorts of misconceptions. My first introduction to Smash was through the Mario Wiki, so unfortunately I don't have many stories of my own. Though I do remember getting the impression that the games had 3D gameplay from the screenshots, so that was interesting.

Just for the sake of having something to share, I've seen someone who thought the names of Hero's down-B moves were original to Smash for some reason. I've also seen someone suggesting a "Banjo & Tooie" echo for Banjo (before their reveal, probably), seemingly under the impression that "Tooie" was a separate character. I guess given the titles involved, that's not an unreasonable conclusion.

You know what, I'll ask: do you have any such misconceptions gotten from Smash? Either ones you've had or ones you've seen others have?

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
OK real talk, Abigail is such a "why are you the way that you are?" character. Like, I'm not intimately familiar with Street Fighter's cast, but Abigail seems to be a whole 'nother level of stupid that doesn't seem to match the universe he exists in.
Abigail, like Hugo, were simply the muscle of the Mad Gear Gang. They weren't the brains of it like Rolento or Poison. They're quite thick headed. Literal meatheads. It matches pretty well, honestly in a universe with personalities ranging from big brained to stoic to flirty to homicidal to boisterous to zen to being just a big dum dum. All to comically exaggerated levels.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abigail, like Hugo, were simply the muscle of the Mad Gear Gang. They weren't the brains of it like Rolento or Poison. They're quite thick headed. Literal meatheads. It matches pretty well, honestly in a universe with personalities ranging from big brained to stoic to flirty to homicidal to boisterous to zen to being just a big dum dum. All to comically exaggerated levels.
On that note, I'd like to mention that the Shadaloo Combat Research Institute (that website they use for SFV updates) gave profiles for all the enemy characters in the Final Fight games, both normal and bosses. I actually liked how they went the extra mile for that, given they were so minor.

Wish they still did that...

7NATOR

Smash Master
There's a weird question I need to ask

Where do Sephiroth's and Pyra/Mythra's models come from? are they ported or are they New?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There's a weird question I need to ask

Where do Sephiroth's and Pyra/Mythra's models come from? are they ported or are they New?
I have a feeling Pythra’s is ported, with Smash lighting engine touch ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom