• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm glad we agree on such a clear concept. Because they won't.
Who needs to work on their reading comprehension?

My point was that you're being a hypocrite here. You can't rag on someone for making a not completely proven claim as if it were absolute and then turn around and doing the exact same thing.

Just as you can't say for certain that Nintendo would rather pick a large Bandai-Namco pick instead of KOS-MOS, we also can't say for certain what the deal with Rex's Mii costume is or if Nintendo would decide to add him after giving him a second look. All we have are precedents and contextless logic, which is clearly insufficient.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ngl it'd be hilarious to see Lloyd, Monster Hunter, and Rex as the last 3 characters all being sold alongside their Mii Costumes
Honestly it wouldn't. K. Rool, Inkling, Isabelle, and Chrom were Mii costumes in Smash 4 before they became playable in Ultimate and all of their Smash 4 Mii costumes came back with them in base game. It's not too farfetched to say that if Lloyd or Monster Hunter is in Fighter's Pass 2 that their Mii costumes will come back with them because that's entirely possible.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
People say that Rex is deconfirmed due to being a Mii Costume that only came to be because of poor timing (a hurdle ARMS could overcome no problem), yet still think that Assist Trophies can be fighters even though most of them were planned to be Assist Trophies from the beginning.

I really need to stay off this thread.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
I understand, but it's just the same character. That's really all it takes, he's just locked out until next Smash.
I know. It still doesn't hurt to dream though, since we only have 3 slots left in Fighters Pass Vol. 2, and I'm fine if Zero gets in one of those slots or not. By the way, did you like the little fun fact about Batman being voiced by Zero (Rino Romano voiced both of them)?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Who needs to work on their reading comprehension?

My point was that you're being a hypocrite here. You can't rag on someone for making a not completely proven claim as if it were absolute and then turn around and doing the exact same thing.

Just as you can't say for certain that Nintendo would rather pick a large Bandai-Namco pick instead of KOS-MOS, we also can't say for certain what the deal with Rex's Mii costume is or if Nintendo would decide to add him after giving him a second look. All we have are precedents and contextless logic, which is clearly insufficient.
We know what the deal with Rex is though, what we don't know is what Nintendo is thinking. That's completely different. We don't know what Sakurai would do either, as I find it likely he can veto some of Nintendo's decisions. We don't have a full understanding, but even without complete context, I can say that with 100% confidence that Rex's Mii costume deconfirms him for this DLC period because we know what Mii costumes do to people, they deconfirm them.

It's very simple. This isn't a matter of comprehension now, it's just using your noggin.

I don't have high hopes for another Xenoblade character either, especially Rex, but claiming he's "100% out" is mighty silly after the last few characters have broken significant fan rules.
The fan rule that costumes deconfirm? It's in the same ballpark as Assists deconfirming. Would it be a monument if it happened and got broken? Yeah, totally. Is it gonna happen? Nope. You can dream but there are things that just aren't gonna happen within certain conditions. Rex was just ****ed and got the worst case scenario.

I know. It still doesn't hurt to dream though, since we only have 3 slots left in Fighters Pass Vol. 2, and I'm fine if Zero gets in one of those slots or not. By the way, did you like the little fun fact about Batman being voiced by Zero (Rino Romano voiced both of them)?
I just imagine Zero in the Arkham games and that's pretty funny.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The reasons people treat KOS-MOS as more than just one contender in a sea of unlikely additions don't justify the heightened expectations.

They all involve implausible scenarios like letting Monolith choose a character, letting Namco choose (and them landing, for some reason, on KOS-MOS) or Nintendo finding value in another Xeno character, even though it's a character less popular, less visible, less recent, less successful and with less personal utility than options they themselves own, from a series they probably don't even see as the same. Smash doesn't; it considers Xenoblade its own thing.

There almost seems to be sort of a Geno effect going on, where the character is cool, and would be neat to see, and therefore you have people bending reason a bit to put additional weight on paths to their inclusion less likely in reality than as presented.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
People say that Rex is deconfirmed due to being a Mii Costume that only came to be because of poor timing (a hurdle ARMS could overcome no problem), yet still think that Assist Trophies can be fighters even though most of them were planned to be Assist Trophies from the beginning.

Not really supporting ATs at the moment, but I wouldn't say Mii costumes are in a better position to include, since Sakurai has explicitly said three different times (Geno interview, Rex in November 2018 Direct and Sans) that they're compensating for the character not being playable in the game, and thus, don't have that much of a chance to become playable.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
We know what the deal with Rex is though, what we don't know is what Nintendo is thinking. That's completely different. We don't know what Sakurai would do either, as I find it likely he can veto some of Nintendo's decisions. We don't have a full understanding, but even without complete context, I can say that with 100% confidence that Rex's Mii costume deconfirms him for this DLC period because we know what Mii costumes do to people, they deconfirm them.
Alright, you can believe that. But in turn you can't say that people are being silly for thinking that, while Nintendo doesn't always go for the biggest name, given the choice between all of Bandai-Namco's characters, they'd want one that has a bit more general appeal than KOS-MOS, of which there are quite a few.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The reasons people treat KOS-MOS as more than just one contender in a sea of unlikely additions don't justify the heightened expectations.

They all involve implausible scenarios like letting Monolith choose a character, letting Namco choose (and them landing, for some reason, on KOS-MOS) or Nintendo finding value in another Xeno character, even though it's a character less popular, less visible, less recent, less successful and with less personal utility than options they themselves own, from a series they probably don't even see as the same. Smash doesn't; it considers Xenoblade its own thing.

There almost seems to be sort of a Geno effect going on, where the character is cool, and would be neat to see, and therefore you have people bending reason a bit to put additional weight on paths to their inclusion less likely in reality than as presented.
For me, it's just KOS-MOS being possible in general and likely since the pool of "viable" and available RPG characters has been pretty thinned since Sephy got on the scene. You got other dudes like SMT, technically Kiryu, and whoever else I can't immediately think of, but KOS-MOS has benefitted in the pool of choices lately if you ask me. Not in a significant no-brainer type situation, but one where yeah, I could see a Nintendo exec picking them. :nifty:

This entire pass, at least to me, hasn't been noticeably filled with the presence of Nintendo choices. I'm still pretty amazed Nintendo had the soul to even choose Sephiroth, so the idea of them picking KOS-MOS doesn't really faze me because whichever executive is requesting these characters has the same type of vibe as any other season of DLC characters. It could be whatever.

Alright, you can believe that. But in turn you can't say that people are being silly for thinking that, while Nintendo doesn't always go for the biggest name, given the choice between all of Bandai-Namco's characters, they'd want one that has a bit more general appeal than KOS-MOS.
Yeah dude pick Jin or whoever the **** you want, KOS-MOS just isn't impossible. That's what I'm getting at. They always can go smaller, you at least should accept that mentality or always anticipate they choose something that doesn't immediately come to mind. For all we know they're simps for some Xenosaga.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Assist Trophies aren't planned from the beginning. The project plan first decides who the fighters that will be added are then later on they add notable characters that didn't make it to the roster as Assist Trophies. If anything ATs and Mii costumes aren't that different when it comes to the challenges they face.

Paraster

Smash Lord
The questions on Rex inspired me to make a tier list of how likely certain categories of Mii costumes are to be promoted into characters.
This list ignores how likely the characters they represent are and the ranks are only relevant relative to each other.

S: Mii costume in base game (example: Ashley)
A: Mii costume as free bonus during previous pass (example: Rex)
B: Mii costume paid for, but released during previous pass (example: Zero)
C: Mii costume as free bonus during current pass (example: Ancient Soldier?)
D: Mii costume paid for and released during in same pass (example: Travis)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The questions on Rex inspired me to make a tier list of how likely certain categories of Mii costumes are to be promoted into characters.
This list ignores how likely the characters they represent are and the ranks are only relevant relative to each other.

S: Mii costume in base game (example: Ashley)
A: Mii costume as free bonus during previous pass (example: Rex)
B: Mii costume paid for, but released during previous pass (example: Zero)
C: Mii costume as free bonus during current pass (example: Ancient Soldier?)
D: Mii costume paid for and released during in same pass (example: Travis)
Why make A Tier when literally it's just Rex Tier

EDIT: C Tier too, that's just Ancient Tier

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord

It's very simple. This isn't a matter of comprehension now, it's just using your noggin.

The fan rule that costumes deconfirm? It's in the same ballpark as Assists deconfirming. Would it be a monument if it happened and got broken? Yeah, totally. Is it gonna happen? Nope. You can dream but there are things that just aren't gonna happen within certain conditions. Rex was just ****ed and got the worst case scenario.

I just imagine Zero in the Arkham games and that's pretty funny.
Nihilism!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yeah dude pick Jin or whoever the **** you want, KOS-MOS just isn't impossible. That's what I'm getting at. They always can go smaller, you at least should accept that mentality or always anticipate they choose something that doesn't immediately come to mind. For all we know they're simps for some Xenosaga.
And for all we know, Nintendo could have looked at they IPs they want to promote via fighters, decided to pick Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and either requested Rex directly, or let Sakurai pick, and he picks Rex.

I know KOS-MOS isn't impossible, I'm not arguing that she is. I'm simply saying that there isn't really enough evidence to determine pretty much any disconfirmations, and this applies to Rex as much as it does KOS-MOS.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Then the order would be S, Rex, B, Ancient, D. I wanted it to stay consistent.
Understandable, I guess. Unorthodox, but that's how these things already are so I got no room to complain.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And for all we know, Nintendo could have looked at they IPs they want to promote via fighters, decided to pick Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and either requested Rex directly, or let Sakurai pick, and he picks Rex.

I know KOS-MOS isn't impossible, I'm not arguing that she is. I'm simply saying that there isn't really enough evidence to determine pretty much any disconfirmations, and this applies to Rex as much as it does KOS-MOS.
Throw Waluigi's promotion in there too and you got yourself something I will 100% totally agree with you on. :191: I'm serious.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For me, it's just KOS-MOS being possible in general and likely since the pool of "viable" and available RPG characters has been pretty thinned since Sephy got on the scene. You got other dudes like SMT, technically Kiryu, and whoever else I can't immediately think of, but KOS-MOS has benefitted in the pool of choices lately if you ask me. Not in a significant no-brainer type situation, but one where yeah, I could see a Nintendo exec picking them. :nifty:
Well, but, one, we already have an RPG character in the pass (and a lot of RPG characters as DLC), two, there are still bigger "viable" RPG candidates out there (including from Namco), but lastly, and most importantly, they don't seek out characters to fill genre quotas. If they were trying to carve out allocations you'd think we'd have at least one FPS character by now, that's a pretty popular genre with some viable options. But that's not how it works.

I mean you might as well say they'd choose KOS-MOS to fill out a female quota like people were doing back for FP5, when they don't do that either.

This entire pass, at least to me, hasn't been noticeably filled with the presence of Nintendo choices. I'm still pretty amazed Nintendo had the soul to even choose Sephiroth, so the idea of them picking KOS-MOS doesn't really faze me because whichever executive is requesting these characters has the same type of vibe as any other season of DLC characters. It could be whatever.
I'm not quite sure where you're getting that from. The fact that they added an ARMS character has big Nintendo-involvement energy, and Sakurai said Steve came at their repeated "requests". I'm not really seeing the correlation between Sephiroth and KOS-MOS either, past just being RPG characters. One is much much bigger than the other. If anything, Steve and Sephiroth set a tone that KOS-MOS doesn't exactly match.

And I agree the vibe isn't much different than other seasons... but I was saying people were overrating KOS-MOS' chances last pass too.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
"Hey guys, I think KOS-MOS could possibly be one of the remaining DLC chara-"

DLC Spec Thread: "You fool. You imbecile. You complete and utter buffoon. There is no way that KOS-MOS could be one of the remaining characters because I don't think she will and here are the reasons that may or may not actually be real since all speculation is subjective but I am RIGHT and you are WRONG."

I don't think anyone was saying KOS-MOS is likely, just that she's possible and that, like any character, there are reasons to support her inclusion.

No need to gang up and curb stomp her behind the Wendy's lol.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't think anyone was saying KOS-MOS is likely, just that she's possible and that, just like any character, there are reasons to support her inclusion. No need to get the gang together to curb stomp her behind the Wendy's lol.
Yeah, from what I've seen of Wendy's social media presence I don't think she needs any help in doing that. :4pacman:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, but, one, we already have an RPG character in the pass (and a lot of RPG characters as DLC), two, there are still bigger "viable" RPG candidates out there (including from Namco), but lastly, and most importantly, they don't seek out characters to fill genre quotas. If they were trying to carve out allocations you'd think we'd have at least one FPS character by now, that's a pretty popular genre with some viable options. But that's not how it works.
Half of Smash 4's DLC was RPG characters. Slightly less than half of our current DLC roster (Exactly half if you cut the plant) are RPG characters. Chances are that there might be another RPG character in the next three characters. I'm not closing it as a hard case, but you can't deny that it's definitely plausible. I'm not trying to fill a quota, it's just that Smash really likes RPGs.

I'm not quite sure where you're getting that from. The fact that they added an ARMS character has big Nintendo-involvement energy, and Sakurai said Steve came at their repeated "requests". I'm not really seeing the correlation between Sephiroth and KOS-MOS either, past just being RPG characters. One is much much bigger than the other. If anything, Steve and Sephiroth set a tone that KOS-MOS doesn't exactly match.

And I agree the vibe isn't much different than other seasons... but I was saying people were overrating KOS-MOS' chances last pass too.
The tone I see is "Ah, same **** as usual.". That's it. Like Min Min gave off the Nintendo shill vibe at first but now it's just... a thing? I don't know how to quite describe it, but I don't see anything Nintendo's thrown at us that gives us a theme of what they like to pick, y'know?

I don't want to hype up KOS-MOS, but I'm not just gonna let her get buried alive and have people end up making the surprised pikachu face if she ever ended up actually getting revealed.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The three characters I'm predicting are all RPG characters. There's an asterisk around two of them, but there's no doubt they're an RPG at some level.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

DLC Spec Thread: "You fool. You imbecile. You complete and utter buffoon. There is no way that KOS-MOS could be one of the remaining characters because I don't think she will and here are the reasons that may or may not actually be real since all speculation is subjective but I am RIGHT and you are WRONG."

I don't think anyone was saying KOS-MOS is likely, just that she's possible. No need to get the gang together to curb stomp her behind the Wendy's lol.
I don't even think a Namco inclusion is likely in this pass but I still think people are too quick to shoot KOS-MOS in the head lol
Most people that I've seen bring up KOS-MOS do so in a dark horse fashion, as in they acknowledge she's not likely but is still a possible inclusion. Despite her series being dead, the character itself still sees new appearances outside of her original series. I think she'd be cool but I don't know much about the character besides XC2 since most of my knowledge about her comes from a certain someone I know on Discord fangirling over her after playing the saga trilogy recently.

Also I just wanna say that Will Will does bring a good point, like it or not RPGs do get added a lot in Smash DLC. And I have no doubt that we will get another RPG character in this pass, the Lloyd and Monster Hunter costumes are missing after all and they're both RPG characters. We could get one of them upgraded as a fighter (and my money is on Monster Hunter for that), or we could get another RPG character like Adol to bring these costumes back in his pack or something. Either way it's not crazy to claim that we'll get another RPG character in this pass based on past precedence, like damn the last pass alone had 3 RPG characters.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
Do you have a source on that?
Source?
A source. I need a source.
Sorry, I mean I need a source that explicitly states your character is likely. This is just tangential to the discussion.
No, you can't make inferences and observations from the sources you've gathered. Any additional comments from you MUST be a subset of the information from the sources you've gathered.
Do you have a degree in Smash speculation?
A college degree? In Smash speculation?
Then your arguments are invalid.
You still haven't provided me a valid source yet.
Nope, still haven't.
I just looked through all 308 pages of your user history, figures I'm debating a Kosmos supporter. A moron.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I don't think anyone was saying KOS-MOS is likely, just that she's possible. No need to get the gang together to curb stomp her behind the Wendy's lol.
This conversation started when someone called her a strong contender, and all my points have been how she's overrated, not impossible. It's hard to reconcile someone who will advocate for "good argumentation" when we're talking about characters they don't have an affinity for like Shadow, but will then misrepresent an entire side when characters they care about get challenged.

If all that prompts this reply is dispute over character chances you could post this thing several times a page. It's a bit disingenuous to make special exception here, isn't it? No one was even rude.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'm a complete lunatic who thinks we aren't getting a single JRPG character for the rest of the pass, unless Monster Hunter counts, and I still think it's a complete toss-up with Dante on the Capcom front regardless. I have a bad feeling Lloyd is next on the Mii Costume chopping block, we would have gotten Rex already if Nintendo was actually interested in putting him in, Sora is stuck in Disney Jail, there's no Fire Emblem or Pokemon game coming out in 2021 for Nintendo to promote, and I'm too boring and safe to think of any other RPG franchises Nintendo would seriously add at this point.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Do you have a source on that?
Source?
A source. I need a source.
Sorry, I mean I need a source that explicitly states your character is likely. This is just tangential to the discussion.
No, you can't make inferences and observations from the sources you've gathered. Any additional comments from you MUST be a subset of the information from the sources you've gathered.
Do you have a degree in Smash speculation?
A college degree? In Smash speculation?
Then your arguments are invalid.
You still haven't provided me a valid source yet.
Nope, still haven't.
I just looked through all 308 pages of your user history, figures I'm debating a Kosmos supporter. A moron.
I went to Smash University for 8 years. I majored in "timeline theory", with lesser degrees in "hyping up random pokemon" and "using the same steven universe reaction images over and over again".

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This conversation started when someone called her a strong contender, and all my points have been how she's overrated, not impossible. It's hard to reconcile someone who will advocate for "good argumentation" when we're talking about characters they don't have an affinity for like Shadow, but will then misrepresent an entire side when characters they care about get challenged.

If all that prompts this reply is dispute over character chances you could post this thing several times a page. It's a bit disingenuous to make special exception here, isn't it? No one was even rude.
If it started like that then I certainly didn't get that impression.

All I saw was my man Will Will out here saying "guys she's possible" and then getting like 5 quotes telling him how she's not lol. And I say the same and get 3 quotes saying the exact same thing. Thought I'd make a joke about it since the discussion seemed lopsided.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Half of Smash 4's DLC was RPG characters. Slightly less than half of our current DLC roster (Exactly half if you cut the plant) are RPG characters. Chances are that there might be another RPG character in the next three characters. I'm not closing it as a hard case, but you can't deny that it's definitely plausible. I'm not trying to fill a quota, it's just that Smash really likes RPGs.

The tone I see is "Ah, same **** as usual.". That's it. Like Min Min gave off the Nintendo shill vibe at first but now it's just... a thing? I don't know how to quite describe it, but I don't see anything Nintendo's thrown at us that gives us a theme of what they like to pick, y'know?

I don't want to hype up KOS-MOS, but I'm not just gonna let her get buried alive and have people end up making the surprised pikachu face if she ever ended up actually getting revealed.
...but none of this has anything to do with why they'd choose KOS-MOS.

"We might get another RPG character". That is true, as is saying we might get another character from any genre. That doesn't help KOS-MOS specifically. They don't pick characters because of their genre. They pick them because of them, or their series. And to that end, KOS-MOS is unremarkable.

And then the second point, which is that Nintendo is hard to predict. That's true... but the "Sakurai/Nintendo/Smash is unpredictable" argument is usually just used in absence of better points because stressing unpredictability doesn't really help any character, it just hinders the more expected ones.

I mean these are really just points to not consider KOS-MOS impossible. Which I don't, she's not impossible. But they're not really reasons in her favour either. At least no more than a countless number of other options.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I'm a complete lunatic who thinks we aren't getting a single JRPG character for the rest of the pass, unless Monster Hunter counts, and I still think it's a complete toss-up with Dante on the Capcom front regardless. I have a bad feeling Lloyd is next on the Mii Costume chopping block, we would have gotten Rex already if Nintendo was actually interested in putting him in, Sora is stuck in Disney Jail, there's no Fire Emblem or Pokemon game coming out in 2021 for Nintendo to promote, and I'm too boring and safe to think of any other RPG franchises Nintendo would seriously add at this point.
well, if we go from patterns of dlc. We have one fighter ( terry,min min), rpg ( hero, sephy) a nintendo rep,},(min,min, byleth)
could be that steve is the extra pattern or it was a microsoft rep, so we´re missing another rpg(joker) and a strategy rpg( maybe it´s another nintendo rep, with an advance wars rep?)
and a platformer (crash,rayman?)

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
If it started like that then I certainly didn't get that impression.

All I saw was my man Will Will out here saying "guys she's possible" and then getting like 5 quotes telling him how she's not lol. And I say the same and get 3 quotes saying the exact same thing. Thought I'd make a joke about it since the discussion seemed lopsided.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
If you call:
I better see you eat your shorts when they reveal her next.
Just a "guys, she's possible," then there's clearly a misunderstanding here.

I don't personally care that much whether KOS-MOS happens or not. Haven't really cared about possible inclusions that much since November last year or so. But I don't think this discussion was a case of lynching possible additions or not.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
We're talking KOS-MOS again?

Yeah, my opinion hasn't changed much on her. I think she's possible, but not necessarily likely. While MonoSoft loves her and she as a character seems to pop up in media and merchandise decently often, Xenosaga as a series seems to be largely forgotten beyond the Xenoblade fandom. As I've said a couple times before, she's like the Morrigan of Bamco; Shows up in a ton of crossovers and hails from a series largely forgotten beyond dedicated communities. Besides, if you're gonna have a Xeno/MonoSoft rep, it'd just be easier to go for the face of the game that got the series noticed and is the most recent (Barring XC:DE, which is a remake and is already represented anyways).

In other words, KOS-MOS is in and her splash screen will be SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE X LITERALLY EVERYTHING BUT XENOSAGA :4pacman:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
We're talking KOS-MOS again?

Yeah, my opinion hasn't changed much on her. I think she's possible, but not necessarily likely. While MonoSoft loves her and she as a character seems to pop up in media and merchandise decently often, Xenosaga as a series seems to be largely forgotten beyond the Xenoblade fandom. As I've said a couple times before, she's like the Morrigan of Bamco; Shows up in a ton of crossovers and hails from a series largely forgotten beyond dedicated communities. Besides, if you're gonna have a Xeno/MonoSoft rep, it'd just be easier to go for the face of the game that got the series noticed and is the most recent (Barring XC:DE, which is a remake and is already represented anyways).

In other words, KOS-MOS is in and her splash screen will be SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE X LITERALLY EVERYTHING BUT XENOSAGA :4pacman:
My feelings as well. I have to also add as well that she's competing with several Namco characters and other RPG characters in general: the Tales protagonists, Chosen Undead, Nightmare, Mitsurigi, Adol Christin... and also the fact that there's just a lot of characters, tons of them to be more specific, and when there's only three slots left in this pass, it's not really possible to say she's more likely than many other candidates running for those trophies.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400

7NATOR

Smash Master
So on the topic of RPG Characters, so after looking into the Katalina Rumors from back then, It seems I was misinformed

The person who leaked [NAME REDACTED] as DLC for Smash and who Vergeben supports as legitimate now believes he may have been misinformed : smashbros (reddit.com)

So Pretty much it seems the whole thing with the Katalina Negotiations falling through is not what happened, instead Hitagi must of heard some other type of negotations that weren't for Smash

I think that difference in events is important, because a Negotation falling through implies that it's less likely for a Cygames character to come in.

The interesting think though is that we know Nintendo and Cygames talked about smash

Euden, Nintendo's OTHER Dragon-Blooded Prince from Dragalia Lost | Page 3 | Smashboards

Cygames did the Fire Emblem Heroes track in Smash. We know they are on board with Smash

and I think the interesting thing I noticed is that Dragalia lost is the only Nintendo I.P (well Major one) that has not been represented in Smash, and I think around a Month ago would have been the perfect time to drop a Spirit event because it was it's anniversary. Dragalia Lost is co-owned by Nintendo and Cygames

Also Dragalia Lost and/or Granblue Fantasy would fit my theorycraft of there being another 2010's Character, Since Granblue came out 2013 and Dragalia Lost came out 2018.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom