• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Did someone just say KOS-MOS is a strong contender?

Do people forget that the people who own her straight up said that a HD collection of Xenosaga would not be profitable enough?
That may be right, but also she's literally in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

If they want to bring more Xeno content (Saga & Blade) they could totally achieve that by adding KOS-MOS. She may be a dark horse, but she's not out of the race.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Did someone just say KOS-MOS is a strong contender?

Do people forget that the people who own her straight up said that a HD collection of Xenosaga would not be profitable enough?

Anyway, my most wanted Bamco characters go something like this:

1. Agumon
2. Nightmare
3. Klonoa
4. Don Chan

After that, I guess either a Tales of character or Chosen Undead. I'm not a big fan of those series but I would be chill with those choices.
KOS-MOS is weird

I will say that KOS-MOS is more popular than her home series is at this point, and along with that, there are plenty of other Factors that could give her a boost

-Harada, Who's in High Position at Namco, does want to revive Xenosaga.
-KOS-MOS is head of Monolioth's Favorite Character (and I think his Wife's Favorite character as week)
-Monolioth themselves love using the character, even putting her and T-LEOS in Xenoblade 2, with new Designs and everything

Now this doesn't mean she is the strongest choice, but I do think there is more merit to her than it appears on the surface. I could also see Nintendo choosing KOS-MOS over a character like Rex since KOS-MOS has shown to make reappearances beyond her Series, and is seen as Monolioth's Mascot. yes

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

If they want to bring more Xeno content (Saga & Blade) they could totally achieve that by adding KOS-MOS. She may be a dark horse, but she's not out of the race.
You’ve also got:
  • costumes in soul calibur and I think also Tales games of her
  • PRETTY sure Idolmaster has some reference to her too. Correct me if I’m wrong
  • Project X Zone series. She’s canonically met Ryu, Ken, Chrom, Lucina, Fiora and Zero all of whom are in smash in some form
  • some Super Robot Wars game. Idk about the series since it’s Japan only but yeah that’s a thing too
  • Remember Project Treasure for the Wii U? A pre release trailer had KOS-MOS appear even though she wasn’t in the final game

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

But they could also achieve that with Rex, who you know is the main character, and is very popular in Japan. I'm not saying that KOS-MOS is impossible, but I can't see Nintendo choosing her. Just because she is Bamco's crossover queen doesn't mean that she will get into Smash too.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I mean that doesn't play much just because she's a character in that game, yes it makes her popular but it's not like Bandai makes a 180° turn just by that and that's the same game where Elma appear too. Tbh KOS-MOS is basically Pauline of Xenoblade.

Oh and also: more crossover appearance ≠ double standard. I mean Chun-Li is basically Capcom's go to crossover character and yet she's get scrapped.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
KOS-MOS is weird

I will say that KOS-MOS is more popular than her home series is at this point, and along with that, there are plenty of other Factors that could give her a boost

-Harada, Who's in High Position at Namco, does want to revive Xenosaga.
-KOS-MOS is head of Monolioth's Favorite Character (and I think his Wife's Favorite character as week)
-Monolioth themselves love using the character, even putting her and T-LEOS in Xenoblade 2, with new Designs and everything

Now this doesn't mean she is the strongest choice, but I do think there is more merit to her than it appears on the surface. I could also see Nintendo choosing KOS-MOS over a character like Rex since KOS-MOS has shown to make reappearances beyond her Series, and is seen as Monolioth's Mascot. yes
Bamco sure does like KOS-MOS, but they are not choosing the characters.

7NATOR

Smash Master
You're right

It depends though, If for example Nintendo Wanted an Xenoblade Character in the same way as an ARMS Character, it is possible that KOS-MOS can be factored into the equation, especially if the character is chosen in the same way Min-Min was. She does appear in Xenoblade 2 (and no I don't think she just represent Xenoblade 2 if she got in, but Xenosaga)

Now I don't know if that's what happened though, I'm not in the negotiation table or anything like that. I don't think it's cut and dry though.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You're right

It depends though, If for example Nintendo Wanted an Xenoblade Character in the same way as an ARMS Character, it is possible that KOS-MOS can be factored into the equation, especially if the character is chosen in the same way Min-Min was. She does appear in Xenoblade 2 (and no I don't think she just represent Xenoblade 2 if she got in, but Xenosaga)

Now I don't know if that's what happened though, I'm not in the negotiation table or anything like that. I don't think it's cut and dry though.
Why would they add the Blade with a 0.1% chance of being obtained though?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
None of MvCI's problems were with it's MH rep.

Hot take: With how badly BN has ruined DBFZ with their DLC picks, they don't deserve to get more Smash representation.
First off, you are right, but that doesn't change they fact that essentially the ONE TIME the MH team said 'Okay, alright we'll use the hunter instead of the namesake of the game to represent the game.' it was a colossal ****ing disaster. If you owned a very successful IP that just recently got brought back to consoles other than a Nintendo one and was at the time current gen and made so much money it was ridiculous and that happened to you, I'm sure you would be even MORE extremely wary and unwilling to make such a decision ever again.

Also, yeah, that's definitely a hot take, mainly because it sounds almost contrarian. I say this because the DLC has thus far hit the nail on the head for most requests, even if it was mostly via Season 2 and 3.

I mean, the base roster itself nailed most of the requests on the head. But, let me go ahead and prove you wrong real quick.

This poll was done in September 2018, the year the game released, after DLC for Season 1 was already decided. In fact, Cooler and DBS Android 17 were the only characters not released yet at the time this post was made with the results of over 4k votes. This first season brought us Bardock, Movie Broly, Vegito, Fused Zamasu, Base Goku, Base Vegeta, Cooler and DBS Android 17. Out of Season 1, the only mostly panned characters were Base Goku and Base Vegeta, in which the backlash wasn't nearly as bad when you look back on it. Considering Bardock, Movie Broly, Cooler, Vegito, Zamasu and DBS Android 17 are all rather popular and well-liked, all the memes aside, the first DLC wave without real feedback to look at did pretty well. Keep in mind that this version of Vegito represents both DBZ and Super Vegito, meaning it knocks out two characters in one.

The Second Wave of DLC brought us Jiren, Videl, GT Goku, Janemba, Gogeta Blue and Canon Broly. As you can see from this picture above, Jiren was the fourth-most requested character at the time, Janemba the third-most requested character at the time, GT Goku represents Kid Goku (6th-most-requested character at the time) and all of GT Goku's forms including SSJ4 Goku which was evenly matched between being wanted and not wanted, Videl was in the Top 16 and brought Great Saiyaman with her (also brought the heavily-demanded 'more females' from the loud minority), Gogeta encompasses both Movie Gogeta (7th-most-requested at the time) and Canon Gogeta (in the Top 16) and Canon Broly was popular and an amazing success despite not being heavily requested.

This means that in Season 2, they knocked out 4 of the Top Ten biggest requests, 3 of the Bottom Ten requests, and 50/50 request while also giving us something we didn't know we wanted so badly while bringing two less characters than Season 1. Dunno about you, but that seems like a massive success.

This poll was posted in February of this year, after the announcement of both UI Goku and Kefla. This data would have been collected between December 9th of 2019 (the day Gogeta and Canon Broly dropped) and February 17 of this year (the day it was posted). Considering there were not enough votes for UI Goku and Kefla to place them as high as they were last time, it's liekly most of the votes were cast after their announcement.

Season 3 has brought us UI Goku, Kefla, Master Roshi (**** YES!), Baby Vegeta and Gogeta SSJ4.

So in order we have one of the Bottom Ten of the first poll in UI Goku, the second-most requested for the first poll (as well as a Bottom Ten and a polarizing pick) in Kefla, THE MOST REQUESTED CHARACTER PERIOD IN MASTER ROSHI, a character who went from polarizing to 8th-most requested in the second poll with Baby Vegeta, and a Bottom Ten character in both polls (as well as giving more love to a character technically already in that jumped from polarizing to Bottom Ten and the new 10th-most requested) in Gogeta SSJ4.

That seems REALLY damn good to me, and for reference, it means that the FighterZ devs have knocked out 6 of the original Top Ten requests as well as a bunch of Bottom Ten and a couple 50/50 picks as well as giving fans characters they didn't know they would love so much and only featuring two that were generally not wanted. By contrast, Ultimate arguably 3 characters nobody wanted and only 2 that were HEAVILY requested by the Smash Fandom, with the rest being cool picks we didn't know we wanted. To compare, that means that at out of 19 DLC characters, FighterZ has only failed on 2 deliveries while Ultimate has failed on 3 out of only 8. As a percentage, that means FighterZ has only a 10-11% dissatisfaction rate while Ultimate has a whopping 37.5% and has only been one Byleth 2: Electric Boogaloo away from being at a 50% dissatisfaction rate!

Like I said, some of this is arguable, but even the amount of characters released isn't really a factor as that just means FighterZ has had more opportunites at failure than Ultimate has and STILL come out with a better percentage. We can also use this data to basically lock in Hercule, Raditz and Omega Shenron should another season pass be announced, making it highly likely that they will give us at least 3 more Top Ten requests.

Facts are that, at this moment, it seems Bamco know what fans what and delivers it more often than Nintendo does, so no your nonsensical hot take is not valid here. If anything, this means it's more likely Bamco is in touch with fans and that we are VERY likely to get Lloyd Irving should they get another rep, a character the fandom has been asking for over a decade.

Nintendo has a lot to learn from Bamco, and hopefully you have learned that your clearly misinformed bias should be checked at the door before you make embarrassing comments like this. Should you still stand by your comment even after all this information, it simply proves you don't understand what fans really want or you don't care and are actually being contrarian as I mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
I think you mean MONOLOTH likes KOS MOS. I think its important to note, since Xenosaga ended, the only games she has crossed over in are game co produced by Monolith. Super Robot Taisen? Co produced by Monolith. Project X Zone 1 and 2? Developed by Monolith. And her most recent appearence? You guessed it, Xenoblade 2, a Monolith game. Without talking about her chances, KOS MOS is in a rough place as a character, as the people who seem to LOVE her and probably would make a remaster in a heartbeat don't have ownership over her, while the people who do own her don't seem to care that much about her, with the exception of Harada. But I do agree with the sentiment you stated. At the end of the day, Nintendo is choosing the DLC, not Monolith, and not Namco.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
First off, you are right, but that doesn't change they fact that essentially the ONE TIME the MH team said 'Okay, alright we'll use the hunter instead of the namesake of the game to represent the game.' it was a colossal ****ing disaster. If you owned a very successful IP that just recently got brought back to consoles other than a Nintendo one and was at the time current gen and made so much money it was ridiculous and that happened to you, I'm sure you would be even MORE extremely wary and unwilling to make such a decision ever again.

Also, yeah, that's definitely a hot take, mainly because it sounds almost contrarian. I say this because the DLC has thus far hit the nail on the head for most requests, even if it was mostly via Season 2 and 3.

I mean, the base roster itself nailed most of the requests on the head. But, let me go ahead and prove you wrong real quick.

This poll was done in September 2018, the year the game released, after DLC for Season 1 was already decided. In fact, Cooler and DBS Android 17 were the only characters not released yet at the time this post was made with the results of over 4k votes. This first season brought us Bardock, Movie Broly, Vegito, Fused Zamasu, Base Goku, Base Vegeta, Cooler and DBS Android 17. Out of Season 1, the only mostly panned characters were Base Goku and Base Vegeta, in which the backlash wasn't nearly as bad when you look back on it. Considering Bardock, Movie Broly, Cooler, Vegito, Zamasu and DBS Android 17 are all rather popular and well-liked, all the memes aside, the first DLC wave without real feedback to look at did pretty well. Keep in mind that this version of Vegito represents both DBZ and Super Vegito, meaning it knocks out two characters in one.

The Second Wave of DLC brought us Jiren, Videl, GT Goku, Janemba, Gogeta Blue and Canon Broly. As you can see from this picture above, Jiren was the fourth-most requested character at the time, Janemba the third-most requested character at the time, GT Goku represents Kid Goku (6th-most-requested character at the time) and all of GT Goku's forms including SSJ4 Goku which was evenly matched between being wanted and not wanted, Videl was in the Top 16 and brought Great Saiyaman with her (also brought the heavily-demanded 'more females' from the loud minority), Gogeta encompasses both Movie Gogeta (7th-most-requested at the time) and Canon Gogeta (in the Top 16) and Canon Broly was popular and an amazing success despite not being heavily requested.

This means that in Season 2, they knocked out 4 of the Top Ten biggest requests, 3 of the Bottom Ten requests, and 50/50 request while also giving us something we didn't know we wanted so badly while bringing two less characters than Season 1. Dunno about you, but that seems like a massive success.

This poll was posted in February of this year, after the announcement of both UI Goku and Kefla. This data would have been collected between December 9th of 2019 (the day Gogeta and Canon Broly dropped) and February 17 of this year (the day it was posted). Considering there were not enough votes for UI Goku and Kefla to place them as high as they were last time, it's liekly most of the votes were cast after their announcement.

Season 3 has brought us UI Goku, Kefla, Master Roshi (**** YES!), Baby Vegeta and Gogeta SSJ4.

So in order we have one of the Bottom Ten of the first poll in UI Goku, the second-most requested for the first poll (as well as a Bottom Ten and a polarizing pick) in Kefla, THE MOST REQUESTED CHARACTER PERIOD IN MASTER ROSHI, a character who went from polarizing to 8th-most requested in the second poll with Baby Vegeta, and a Bottom Ten character in both polls (as well as giving more love to a character technically already in that jumped from polarizing to Bottom Ten and the new 10th-most requested) in Gogeta SSJ4.

That seems REALLY damn good to me, and for reference, it means that the FighterZ devs have knocked out 6 of the original Top Ten requests as well as a bunch of Bottom Ten and a couple 50/50 picks as well as giving fans characters they didn't know they would love so much and only featuring two that were generally not wanted. By contrast, Ultimate arguably 3 characters nobody wanted and only 2 that were HEAVILY requested by the Smash Fandom, with the rest being cool picks we didn't know we wanted. To compare, that means that at out of 19 DLC characters, FighterZ has only failed on 2 deliveries while Ultimate has failed on 3 out of only 8. As a percentage, that means FighterZ has only a 10-11% dissatisfaction rate while Ultimate has a whopping 37.5% and has only been one Byleth 2: Electric Boogaloo away from being at a 50% dissatisfaction rate!

Like I said, some of this is arguable, but even the amount of characters released isn't really a factor as that just means FighterZ has had more opportunites at failure than Ultimate has and STILL come out with a better percentage. We can also use this data to basically lock in Hercule, Raditz and Omega Shenron should another season pass be announced, making it highly likely that they will give us at least 3 more Top Ten requests.

Facts are that, at this moment, it seems Bamco know what fans what and delivers it more often than Nintendo does, so no your nonsensical hot take is not valid here. If anything, this means it's more likely Bamco is in touch with fans and that we are VERY likely to get Lloyd Irving should they get another rep, a character the fandom has been asking for over a decade.

Nintendo has a lot to learn from Bamco, and hopefully you have learned that your clearly misinformed bias should be checked at the door before you make embarrassing comments like this. Should you still stand by your comment even after all this information, it simply proves you don't understand what fans really want or you don't care and are actually being contrarian as I mentioned earlier.
I know this isn't the point you were trying to make, but I wouldn't mind some Xenoverse content in FighterZ.

What? Xenoverse 2 made me a Dragon Ball fan. You can't expect me to watch ALL the anime!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Anyway, let's bring back the age-old discussion:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Between Dragalia Lost, Rhythm Heaven, and Advance Wars, which first-party franchise currently without a fighter do you want to see get a fighter?

(P.S. I was pleasently surprised to see Dragalia Lost winning)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Aside from some wonderful little scenario where Nintendo decides to add KOS-MOS purely because they want to share some of the love with Monolith/Namco, I don't see why they'd choose her. If they want to promote Xenoblade, they'll ask for an orginal Xenoblade character who's heavily associated with the franchise, not someone who crossed over because the studio loves her. If they desperately want another Namco character so things will be more even, and I think this is something that's often exaggerated, there's plenty of options besides KOS-MOS to choose from.

I'm sorry, but I can't picture Nintendo requesting KOS-MOS very easily. Best argument I've heard for her is Nintendo being nice or doing some favors, and that doesn't really match up with what we've gotten so far. Seems like Nintendo values characters who've built big names for themselves and additions that would directly benefit them.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Between Dragalia Lost, Rhythm Heaven, and Advance Wars, which first-party franchise currently without a fighter do you want to see get a fighter?

Rhythm Heaven

Rhythm Heaven

Rhythm Heaven

Rhythm Heaven

Honorable mention to Rhythm Heaven. That'd be neat too

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Personally I think if Nintendo is going to do Xeno content, they’d pick from the characters that most clearly relate to their Switch content. The easiest answer for that is Rex.

I can see the appeal of KOS-MOS, and clearly I can see why Monolith Soft would probably enjoy seeing her. But given the fact that Xenoblade is the bigger picture series right now, I just don’t know that I can see Nintendo picking KOS-MOS over Rex, or something.

Not impossible, I would just be quite surprised.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Rhythm Heaven, it did a lot for the games industry and it was also one of the first successful games you're be able to play if you're blind, it brought a lot of innovation to an otherwise stale genre that really needed it. while a Rhythm Heaven Rep is not my most wanted if i were to think of a "deserving" rep Rhythm Heaven is far and away the biggest contender.

Also there will definitely be a rhythm Haven at some point in the switch's life.

Dragalia lost has barley any legacy yet and a lot of the world can't even play the game.

I would say Advance Wars would be around 5th in line from a new 1st party franchise however.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Then what is your point? I don't see how the perspective change could change my opinion on KOS-MOS.
When people were talkin' Square reps, everyone was talking Geno, Sora, Neku, lots of others and not thinking Sephiroth was going to be it either because they wouldn't believe Nintendo would've chosen him or more Final Fantasy content. If Nintendo feels like comin' up to Sakurai and asking him for a character, just thinking "Oh they wouldn't choose KOS-MOS, there are tons of other characters they would rather have!", I better see you eat your shorts when they reveal her next. This is coming from a guy who didn't want KOS-MOS in the first place. It's just unwise to say Nintendo won't choose them because of bigger fish in the sea, you're going to bite your own ass underestimating the wacky minds of whoever is actually requesting them.

tl;dr never say never

The easiest answer for that is Rex.
Implying Rex still has a shot, anyway. :191:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Rhythm Heaven.
I don't know much about Advance Wars and we already have the real Shulk in Smash so Euden is unnecessary. :yeahboi:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Personally I think if Nintendo is going to do Xeno content, they’d pick from the characters that most clearly relate to their Switch content. The easiest answer for that is Rex.

I can see the appeal of KOS-MOS, and clearly I can see why Monolith Soft would probably enjoy seeing her. But given the fact that Xenoblade is the bigger picture series right now, I just don’t know that I can see Nintendo picking KOS-MOS over Rex, or something.

It's also worth noting that, other than developers, and the two cameos, Xenosaga has nothing to do with Xenoblade Chronicles, so KOS-MOS would likely come with nothing from the Xenoblade Chronicles series.

tl;dr never say never
Implying Rex still has a shot, anyway.
lol

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
When people were talkin' Square reps, everyone was talking Geno, Sora, Neku, lots of others and not thinking Sephiroth was going to be it either because they wouldn't believe Nintendo would've chosen him or more Final Fantasy content. If Nintendo feels like comin' up to Sakurai and asking him for a character, just thinking "Oh they wouldn't choose KOS-MOS, there are tons of other characters they would rather have!", I better see you eat your shorts when they reveal her next. This is coming from a guy who didn't want KOS-MOS in the first place. It's just unwise to say Nintendo won't choose them because of bigger fish in the sea, you're going to bite your own ass underestimating the wacky minds of whoever is actually requesting them.

tl;dr never say never
Fair enough. If I have to eat my shorts, so be it. But this is a hill I will stand on.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I'm not too familiar with any of those franchises since I have never played games from any of them. But I certainly would go with a Rhythm Heaven rep since that would appear as the most interesting choice to me on that poll.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I would gladly take Geno (or any DLC Mii Costume character) as the next fighter if it means mind****ing this thread.

All of the above, especially Dragalia Lost.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144

Don't mind me, I am just putting the ideal Capcom rep in the thread, as well as the second best newcomer in MVC3 after Amaterasu.

I know a lot of people want Phoenix, Dante, or Chun Li now. But Haggar brings something none of those do. Democracy. What elected office has Dante ever held? Haggar is a mayor. In order to be a mayor, people needed to vote for you. That means Haggar is the people's champ. B-but Phoenix is a defender of the innocent! So is Haggar. Except instead of using "THE LAW" Haggar is the law. He will defend the people with his beef and his own bare hands. Look at this guy. S Tier pick.

In all seriousness though, I would like a beat em up rep and Haggar fits that swimmingly.
Mega Man Zero.jpg

Honestly, while I do like all the other possibilities for Capcom reps, the only two franchises it has represented in there are Mega Man and Street Fighter. Plus, Street Fighter takes place in the same universe as Final Fight (as shown in the Street Fighter: Sakura Ganbaru manga where Sakura meets Maki while looking for Ken Masters), so adding a Final Fight character like Haggar basically means adding another Street Fighter rep. No offense intended.

Besides, we need more Mega Man representatives. Mega Man Zero perfectly fits that bill. Unlike his X series counterpart (who's an Assist Trophy and mii Costume), Mega Man Zero is just a spirit. As Min Min has proved, spirits can confirm fighters, so that means Mega Man Zero may have a chance, and they can easily combine Zero's moves from both the X and Zero series. Plus, do you want to know who they can get to voice him? The Batman.
The Batman.jpg

Yeah: Rino Romano's not only voiced the Dark Knight, but also the Red Hero.*

(*: For context, in 2003 there was a fighting game for the PS2 that Zero was in called "Onimusha Blade Warriors". Rino Romano voiced Zero in that game, and it came out one year before he took on the role of Batman in 2004.)

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Rex is in a bit of a rough spot considering he's not only a brand new Mii Costume added to Ultimate, but he's also an exclusive and technically $25 Mii Costume due to the fact that you can only get the costume with the purchase of Fighter's Pass 1.

Not impossible of course, but this really feels like a 'Just didn't happen, here's an exclusive instead' as a weird incentive to buy Vol 1.

That said, I believe he's the biggest request from anything Xeno and according to Imran Khan we've had lots of delays and push backs for characters, so who knows?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Besides, we need more Mega Man representatives. Mega Man Zero perfectly fits that bill. Unlike his X series counterpart (who's an Assist Trophy and mii Costume), Mega Man Zero is just a spirit. As Min Min has proved, spirits can confirm fighters, so that means Mega Man Zero may have a chance
Yeah but he's already an Assist regardless, he's the same guy, same universe, just a different design. If Richter was an Assist, would you also say SOTN Richter was viable? If you said yes, I'd say your optimism is kinda outstanding.

Rex is in a bit of a rough spot considering he's not only a brand new Mii Costume added to Ultimate, but he's also an exclusive and technically $25 Mii Costume due to the fact that you can only get the costume with the purchase of Fighter's Pass 1.

Not impossible of course, but this really feels like a 'Just didn't happen, here's an exclusive instead' as a weird incentive to buy Vol 1.

That said, I believe he's the biggest request from anything Xeno and according to Imran Khan we've had lots of delays and push backs for characters, so who knows?
Rex definitely ain't getting in, that costume really sealed his fate. But next Smash it's a no-brainer, though.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Say never when you know it's never, don't pull that **** on me boy
Ah, and of course, given the clear unpredictability of recent events and the fact that the argument "they wouldn't add a character they've already sold as a costume before" hasn't been proven, and is thus, still a theory, means that it is a definite fact that Rex is 100% disconfirmed.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ah, and of course, given the clear unpredictability of recent events and the fact that the argument "they wouldn't add a character they've already sold as a costume before" hasn't been proven, and is thus, still a theory, means that it is a definite fact that Rex is 100% disconfirmed.
I'm glad we agree on such a clear concept. Because they won't.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace

Rhythm Heaven, no doubts.

Regarding Kos-Mos, I will say it again, the only way I can see her in smash is if Nintendo wanted a Monolith Soft character and Takahashi/Saga request to be Kos-Mos.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Yeah but he's already an Assist regardless, he's the same guy, same universe, just a different design.
Yeah, fun fact about that actually: the Zero series was supposed to come after Mega Man X5, but due to the release of X6, plans were changed and the Zero series began in 2002. Zero's original body became Omega, and Zero's heart and soul were transferred to another body. I know this is just proving your statement, but still, the difference is that while that X series Zero is an Assist Trophy character as he was more of a supporting character throughout most of the X series, in the Zero series, Zero was the main character and more of a hero than he was in the X series.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Honestly, while I do like all the other possibilities for Capcom reps, the only two franchises it has represented in there are Mega Man and Street Fighter. Plus, Street Fighter takes place in the same universe as Final Fight (as shown in the Street Fighter: Sakura Ganbaru manga where Sakura meets Maki while looking for Ken Masters), so adding a Final Fight character like Haggar basically means adding another Street Fighter rep. No offense intended.
Y-You don't need to reach that far to prove Final Fight and Street Fighter take place in the same universe. Cody's been on the roster since Alpha 3.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, fun fact about that actually: the Zero series was supposed to come after Mega Man X5, but due to the release of X6, plans were changed and the Zero series began in 2002. Zero's original body became Omega, and Zero's heart and soul were transferred to another body. I know this is just proving your statement, but still, the difference is that while that X series Zero is an Assist Trophy character as he was more of a supporting character throughout most of the X series, in the Zero series, Zero was the main character and more of a hero than he was in the X series.
I understand, but it's just the same character. That's really all it takes, he's just locked out until next Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom