• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
In 8-Player Smashes, the Titans still appear and Gramps still talks, but none of the “on-the-stage” characters appear. Similar to how nobody shows up on Terry’s stage, or Banjo’s stage during an Smash match involving 5 or more players.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
About Tales, I guess Lloyd would be more visually unique even if it's because he uses two swords and his design, which I personally think it's a particular one for a JRPG protagonist. But if it was Yuri, maybe they could implement Repede in his moveset in some way? Maybe it wouldn't be super faithful to the source material but I could see it happen.

I’m glad to see someone else bring this up. Overall, I prefer Lloyd to Yuri, but if Yuri comes with Repede, I will be over the moon in excitement. This is exactly the type of character that I would really want to see in Smash.
Yeah, this makes me fear for Hayabusa's reception in particular. Right now I'm expecting him as the last character too - I'm not even a huge Ninja Gaiden buff or anything, but it would pain me to see people go hard on a historically significant NES icon who had earned his place just as well as anyone else (and would probably have a sick moveset to boot). Would definitely be undeserved toxicity and it's only amplified by how little space we have left.

I say this though, and I know I would be salty as all **** if Lloyd actually made it in LOL. So take my opinion lightly.
I think we would just need a non-sword character as a buffer between Pythra and Hayabusa. Again, another reason why Crash and Hayabusa would be a pretty strong and fitting end.

As stated before, no final character will come without its fair share of backlash. But when compared to the other FP2 characters, Hayabusa is probably one of the better, if not the best choice for a finale. A Min Min, Steve, Sephiroth or Pyra finale would probably go over a lot worse in my opinion.

Ivander

Smash Legend
About Tales, I guess Lloyd would be more visually unique even if it's because he uses two swords and his design, which I personally think it's a particular one for a JRPG protagonist. But if it was Yuri, maybe they could implement Repede in his moveset in some way? Maybe it wouldn't be super faithful to the source material but I could see it happen.

At the least make Repede a taunt character. Repede is a big part of Yuri's character, so it'd make sense for Repede to appear in one of Yuri's taunts or victory poses.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
is it just me or is everything about the presentation of the 1st party dlc characters just so uninspired compared to the third parties

1st party dlc characters (minmin, byleth, pyra/mythra, corrin)
  • Trailers that rely overly on familiarity with the source material, to the extent that non-fans get little to nothing out of them
    • Byleth and Corrin's entire scripts were "it's a Fire Emblem scene, but it's about Smash now". Pyra/Mythra's an XB2 cutscene, by the XB2 cutscene makers. Minmin at least had the aesthetic of ARMS art going for it.
  • few remixes, 3 is the most and one of those 3 is a god damn Tiger Tiger remix
  • spirits are recycled
  • no real acknowledgement of the greater history of their franchises if possible, all songs taken from a single game
    • only thing that comes close to an exception is "XB2 got one song from the DLC campaign", which is still DLC for XB2
I can agree on the songs, but everything else:
  • Sakurai likes to do different things for different trailers
  • The recycled Spirits corresponding to Min Min and the Aegis girls are already in the game, so what else would you do with them?
  • Character from a specific game taking songs from a specific game? Wow, shocker (/s)
I don't think this is to cut costs at all. In fact, I don't think the 1st party DLC has treatment THAT much different from the 3rd party DLC.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When we get a YT video worh the remixes, can someone tag me? I cant download the update right now but I want to hear them.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
God I kind of hate that all of this speculation and theorycrafting and twists and turns have led me to guess Crash and Hayabusa of all characters, lmao.

Good choices in their own right, but that feels way too easy all things considered. That's one of the reasons I'm stirring Chief into the equation, I just can't bring myself to believe that the final two characters will be the ones that we were all talking about nonstop since DLC day one. It just doesn't feel right anymore.
I mean yea, Crash (and Ryu for that matter) seems like an obvious pick for the most part, but that doesn't stop the doubt from coming to your head that "maybe Activision won't play ball" or something similar. It could easily not happen too. Just like with B&K, I'll only believe it when I see it...

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
God I kind of hate that all of this speculation and theorycrafting and twists and turns have led me to guess Crash and Hayabusa of all characters, lmao.

Good choices in their own right, but that feels way too easy all things considered. That's one of the reasons I'm stirring Chief into the equation, I just can't bring myself to believe that the final two characters will be the ones that we were all talking about nonstop since DLC day one. It just doesn't feel right anymore.
With how utterly off every last one of us has been in our guesses, I have this to say...

Shroob

Sup?

This is a first.

Faso115

Smash Lord

This is a first.
Ok, this is epic. (and cute)

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
after listennig to the song's i really dislike whoever made the decision to remix tiger! tiger! instead of drifting soul

also where is giga rosa's theme?

also the medley kind of predictably sucks although it isn't as bad as 1's, the stage is bad. mii fighter suck

this pack is really being carried by the fighter.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yay~ I called what the Fighter Spirits Artwork would be~
I think these images would work for Pyra & Mythra's Fighter Spirits, the artwork drawn to base their figures off of and were also used as the basis for the poses they took for 'Pyra Blazes Into Battle' and 'Mythra Awakens' Splash Images (I love when they reference figures like that..makes them more special imo) They have separated versions used on the boxes for the figures and would work fantastically for them as Fighter Spirits, though obviously both would be censored to represent how they appear in-game.
View attachment 303787
(Click for Full View)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Y know what third question

did Hiroyuki Sawano do ANY of those remixes...?

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
I checked the update items IDs' and this is how it turned out:

2118 Special Present: Sophia Spirit
2120 Special Present: Arthur Spirit
2122 Software update available: Ver. 11.0.0
2123 Pyra & Mythra Challenger Pack now available for purchase!
2124 Arthur's Helm + Armor now available for purchase!
2125 Felyne Hat now available for purchase!
2126 Hunter's Helm + Mail now available for purchase!
2127 Rathalos Helm + Mail now available for purchase!
2128 Fighters Pass Vol. 2 available for purchase! (Content update ④)
2130 Exclusive offer for Nintendo Switch Online members

The last time they did special spirits like this was the Tockles Spirit which was labeled as 2049, with 2050 seemingly being the notice you get when obtaining the Spirit after having bought Dragon Quest XI. This would mean that 2119 and 2121 are related to the Sophia and Arthur spirits respectively.

2129 should be the Version 11.0.0 Coming Soon message that showed up a few days ago.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
The "Flame" incident made me realise that this thread has magical powers somehow, so I'm going to try to tempt fate.

I found the codename "miko" attached to files of a character after Pyra and Mythra.
Pyra came with TWO Legend Spirits!
That means that Crash can come with both Cortex AND Spyro as Legend Spirits!
Reimu with Yukari, Okina, and Kasen as legendary spirits.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
The "Flame" incident made me realise that this thread has magical powers somehow, so I'm going to try to tempt fate.

I found the codename "miko" attached to files of a character after Pyra and Mythra.

Reimu with Yukari, Okina, and Kasen as legendary spirits.
Does it mean anything in Japanese? if not it's probably not gibberish, so maybe it's part of said characters name?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Got some playtime as Pyra and Mythra and over all they're pretty enjoyable, a bit like Byleth in that they're just satsifying to really hit with.

Something I'll really give the Second Fighter's pass is that while all four of the fighters in question aren't terribly exciting personally (with me not being into AMRS, Minecraft or Xenoblade and preferring a non VII Final Fantasy character) they all have been been fun to play as with their mechanics. By comparison, the first pass had two characters that I never really got into that much in Joker and Hero in terms of moveset while also have one that is fun but still never felt wholly natural to me in Terry.

If nothing else within the context of a Smash battle itself, the Second Pass is batting strongly.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I’m glad to see someone else bring this up. Overall, I prefer Lloyd to Yuri, but if Yuri comes with Repede, I will be over the moon in excitement. This is exactly the type of character that I would really want to see in Smash.

I think we would just need a non-sword character as a buffer between Pythra and Hayabusa. Again, another reason why Crash and Hayabusa would be a pretty strong and fitting end.

As stated before, no final character will come without its fair share of backlash. But when compared to the other FP2 characters, Hayabusa is probably one of the better, if not the best choice for a finale. A Min Min, Steve, Sephiroth or Pyra finale would probably go over a lot worse in my opinion.
I dont think we are getting hayabusa. But a non sword character as next pick would be nice.

SKX31

Smash Master
Waft nerf?
ZSS Boost Kick nerf?
Palu Dash attack nerf?
Tetrakarn nerf?
Dragon ARM nerf?

Gordo buffs?
Byleth Down Air / Down Smash buffs (for some reason*)?
A Ganondorf buff?

Arigato, blessed Sakurai. This patch is going to be really interesting.

* Think it's due to Byleth having a pretty bad online winrate (from 2 million matches):

03_wifi01.jpg

Sonic's ass is the next codename calling it.
If that happens I want the Crash mascot to personally visit Nintendo HQ again, and trash talk them with a megaphone once more.

Just to make it truly feel like the old 90s console rivalry.

Last edited:

toonito

Smash Ace
thoughts post presentation

MH dead....was actually expecting Lloyd to get got here lol and then there was one

the fact that Arthur got in leads me to believe Capcom might not make it in the pass

Capcom Miis came with Monolith Soft so Lloyd can return alongside a character not from Namco

:ultpyra: are really fun to play as so far, IMO top 4 favorite Ultimate DLC after :ult_terry::ulthero: :ultsephiroth:

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I dont think we are getting hayabusa. But a non sword character as next pick would be nice.
With only two slots left I’m not really expecting anyone at this point, but Hayabusa has consistently felt like one of the safer bets.

After Sephiroth, I had Hayabusa, Lloyd and Crash as my top predictions and I pretty much feel the same way after Pyra/Mythra. I wouldn’t say that any of them are likely, just that they stand out amongst other characters.

Polan

Smash Lord

This is a first.
you mean ultra lazy and uninspired /s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom