• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
You know, maybe one of these days I'll actually play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 just to because of Pyra and M-

...nah, I'm good on second thought.
Being serious for a second the difference between poppy in the beginning and in the end is huge, in a good way. i would recommend the game, but maybe look up tutorials.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I don't think a
green alt would be spoilery at all, unless Sakurai explicitly mentions said alt is "based on Pneuma, which is Pyra's and Mythra's ascended form" or something like that.

To be honest at this point I just think Pyra and Mythra will have normal alts, referencing other Xeno 2 characters, and that they were not hiding anything and they just decided to now show the alts on the website because yes.
They acknowledged that byleth's green alts were spoilers but not what they were spoilers for, so that's the most obvious solution.

People are really overanalyzing these color swaps, huh. It's every single purple/black color-scheme character who ever appeared in any Xeno game. I don't see them having an alternate costume considering two separate characters is already more work than a single character with a costume, and they've never bothered hiding alt costumes from both the main site AND the reveal trailer.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Fair, but that didn’t stop the purple color from sticking out to me as reminiscent of T-ELOS.
View attachment 305018
Probably a reused palette across games. MonoSoft seems fond of those.

I actually thought that was T-ELOS at first glance too, but looking at them side-by-side, that's definitely Poppi. T-ELOS doesn't have the black hair or the red highlights.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the greatest games ever made, it's in my top five. 10/10

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is an alright game, nothing special. 6/10

Xenoblade Chronicles X. 1/10
Man, I thought XBC1 was just okay. I'd probably hate 2. I just get no joy out of "plays like an MMO, but isn't" style RPGs.

You're one of the only people I've heard that like 2 better than X. Most people say 2 is the worst one.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Man, I thought XBC1 was just okay. I'd probably hate 2. I just get no joy out of "plays like an MMO, but isn't" style RPGs.

You're one of the only people I've heard that like 2 better than X. Most people say 2 is the worst one.
I'm one of the few that think that 2 is better than 1. They're both great, but I think 2 shine way more with his characters interactions and the antagonists are way better in 2 than 1. I think Malos is one of my favorite jrpg antagonists in general.

But yeah, if you didn't enjoy 1 I wouldn't recommend 2. While there's a lot of differences between them it's still "kind of like a mmo but it's not" type of game so if you're not into that you wouldn't enjoy 2.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
We finally got a sneak peek an alt!
Thats for Mythra right? Thats what I see from the blade at least.

Thats a pretty fancy alt. Tons of small little tweaks. I wonder if you can select Pyra and Mythras alts separately. Or if its like Pokemon Trainer and their bundled together.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
The alt Sakurai showed is Weltall reference for sure. I think Pyra is meant to represent Weltall ID here like how ID is red, black, and gold in Xenogears.

but yeah it is Weltall for sure.
I'll believe it when it's confirmed in the new Presents.

Like I won't deny that the colors really look similar to Weltall, but Poppi also has very similar colors too. Like, the only thing that makes it against Poppi is the hair where her hair has a bit more light blue to it, but that could be also due to lighting due to them being on Spear Pillar. Yes, that is Spear Pillar they are on.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
As someone who's been in the Xenoblade fandom since the release of the first one, I usually hear that X is the least popular, not 2. (unless you're on ResetEra who never stop complaining about it)

That isn't to say X is bad, it isn't at all, but sometimes it felt like it wasn't sure whether it wanted to be a single player RPG based on characters and story or a Mech MMO.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
As someone who's been in the Xenoblade fandom since the release of the first one, I usually hear that X is the least popular, not 2. (unless you're on ResetEra who never stop complaining about it)
I think it's only less popular because it was on the Wii U, which......yeah, not many had. When you look at Xenoblade on the Wii and Xenoblade 2, as well as Xenoblade Definitive Edition, on the Switch, it's easy to see why those 2 are more talked about compared to Xenoblade X.
Sans and Cuphead fans everywhere.
And Goemon fans.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I'll believe it when it's confirmed in the new Presents.

Like I won't deny that the colors really look similar to Weltall, but Poppi also has very similar colors too. Like, the only thing that makes it against Poppi is the hair where her hair has a bit more light blue to it, but that could be also due to lighting due to them being on Spear Pillar. Yes, that is Spear Pillar they are on.
Well yeah it could be her as well. I'm just hyped we might have a potential Xenogears reference in smash.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
XC2 was my first Xenoblade game and I absolutely loved it. Heard nonstop about how XC1 is the superior game so I picked it up when they released it on the Switch and I really enjoyed it.....but not as much as XC2.

Maybe it was because XC2 I played first, but I just liked the combat system far more than XC1 and I thought the villains were far better. I have a soft spot for Rex, but I do think Shulk is the better protagonist. Also I love the idea/concept of Blades, but the way to get them was done horribly.

Haven’t played XCX so hopefully that game comes to the Switch because I always hear good things about it.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Wait. I remember getting flack when KOS-MOS was popular for saying that Xenoblade and Xenogears were the same overall series.
Now people all acknowledge it by default.
How speculation changes.

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice

That isn't to say X is bad, it isn't at all, but sometimes it felt like it wasn't sure whether it wanted to be a single player RPG based on characters and story or a Mech MMO.
2 is very popular amongst jrpg fans and actual series fans, its not in any way the least popular. Actually with it being the best selling single edition and being very popular and beloved in Japan (the game sold out there following this anouncement, and outside of that its also very talked about in what I see from their social media and pop cullture) its probably the most popular of them (which is only fair, I like the first one too, but 2 is just VERY good, an objectively good game). Its really good to see it get the love it deserves, from all these generational entries this kind of series tend to have, its one of these that really shouldnt have been skipped over due mere timing, being one of the very best games on the Switch by far and all that.

Sakurai himself had a lot of positive things to say about the open world in it too iirc, his takes are always a pleasure to hear.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know, as silly as it is, I think the inclusion in Ultimate that I'm most thankful for is....

:ultrichter:

....that may be a surprise, but, Richter is iconic to soo many of us internet boomers due to being one of the first video game related memes before memes were even a thing.

The fact that Dracula swats away his glass in the boss fight, the fact that he(more or less) says the line in the reveal trailer..... god I love video games.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
That's definitely a Weltall color, that alt just doesn't look like Poppi at all to me. Those colors are too different and black is a much more prominent color on Poppi QTπ than that shade of purple which is not n any form of her really. Poppi's hair is definitely on the lighter side as well, so odds are the alternates are going to be random references more than anything.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, did I miss anything new or exciting? I have high hopes for the next presentation btw :3

Shroob

Sup?
I will say, I hope next week's showcase is also the drop of the character. It's been a while since we've done "This character comes out... RIGHT NOW!"
Haven't had it since Terry.

Conveniently, Terry was the last character fully announced in a full-fledged Direct.

Granted, Sephiroth kinda works too.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
For something they literally had nothing to do with?
I'm afraid so. You can be okay with them but just let me do a little bit of whining about them if this does happen. It'll pass.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Haven't had it since Terry.

Conveniently, Terry was the last character fully announced in a full-fledged Direct.

Granted, Sephiroth kinda works too.
I suppose it's possible Sephiroth's official release was pushed back because they wanted to hold the Sephy boss event? That would explain why he seems to be an outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom