• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Remember we once got an announcement in a Nintendo Direct that was literally just "we are working on a next gen Pokémon game for Switch right now". A formal announcement of remakes with maybe a logo and some small gameplay footage is not out of the question, especially if any potential disappointment at that could be tempered by whatever spin-offs they might announce; another Mystery Dungeon remake for example.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I don't think that's happening until they make Let's Go Johto and Let's Go Hoenn.
Nah. It's what will please both the Most Fans, and their investors. And I really want Let's Go Johto because of Gold/Silver's Core Design working so well for the Let's Go Games.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Nah. It's what will please both the Most Fans, and their investors. And I really want Let's Go Johto because of Gold/Silver's Core Design working so well for the Let's Go Games.
Its also worth noting that Gen IV is the oldest gen to have never gotten remade in any fashion. A lot of fans probably think its overdue for its chance of one, even if its a Let's Go variation.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Calling it now, it's Let's Go Sinnoh!
While I would still prefer a traditional mainline game remake, I wouldn't mind that either to be honest.

But the real reason I don't think that Gen 4 games will be "Let's Go Sinnoh" is because it would seem like a big missed opportunity for Nintendo/Pokemon Company to just skip Gen 2/Johto and Gen 3/Hoenn as potential "Let's Go" games. Doesn't really make much sense.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that this will just announce some mobile games and nothing more. I don't expect any new main series titles until 2022 because of the pandemic.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, yeah, they're just a Pokemon direct in all but name. How long before a game is released can determine the best time to announce it.

I honestly think we're getting normal Sinnon remakes before a Let's Go version, though. Let's Go isn't bad at all, but that's got, what, still Johto and Hoenn to start going through? Why would it skip two generations? It's an off-shoot set of mainline games, not a replacement for the mainline games. I can't think of a good analogy right now, but they're both an important thing in their own separated way.

D

Deleted member

I mean, yeah, they're just a Pokemon direct in all but name. How long before a game is released can determine the best time to announce it.

I honestly think we're getting normal Sinnon remakes before a Let's Go version, though. Let's Go isn't bad at all, but that's got, what, still Johto and Hoenn to start going through? Why would it skip two generations? It's an off-shoot set of mainline games, not a replacement for the mainline games. I can't think of a good analogy right now, but they're both an important thing in their own separated way.
Someone can feel free to research and correct me, but I don't think a Pokemon game has ever been announced more than a year and a half in advance. Maybe even only a year. Last couple I remember were announced at like the start of a year (Jan or Feb) and then released in October or November. They only announce them when they're confident that they can keep the wait period short (and drip feed new info at least once a month until release).

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord

True, but I simply think we're in a weird spot lol. Considering how the PokeBall Plus was rereleased, I think we're proabaly getting Let's Go next, and Two Remakes in a Row would be a Bad Look for Investors, unless Sinnoh were to receive a M A J O R Revamp for Gen 8 alone.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I still wonder why we believe in those leaks which always turn out to be fake too many times...
For many people it's not really a matter of believing these leaks, but considering them. Especially if they get something right. No, we shouldn't get our hopes up, but some people seem to behave as though true leaks and insiders don't exist. They're always fake... until they aren't.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
The problem is that this is not the right time to have Let's Go Sinnoh... and I'm thinking about a game with Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee combat system and catching system that tries to link mainline games with Pokémon GO.

Tomorrow we could see 2 different things:
1) Sinnoh remakes with the same artstyle as Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee and with a "square grid setting", but with classic combat system and catching system. It would disappoint me, but I can understand this choice.
2) Sinnoh remakes based on Sword and Shield; two semi-full 3D games (I don't expect to be able to freely move the camera in any situation, but only in Wild Areas), hopefully techincally better than Sword and Shield. Of course this is what I want, but I'm also concerned about it. This is not like building the Galar region from scratch, they would need to do a rework of many routes and places because the original Sinnoh just can't work in a 3D game! They'll also need to correctly implement Wild Areas in an already existing region (maybe the Underground can be useful at this). If they don't do that, the game will sucks in terms of level design and map design.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

True, but I simply think we're in a weird spot lol. Considering how the PokeBall Plus was rereleased, I think we're proabaly getting Let's Go nest, and Two Remakes in a Row would be a Bad Look for Investors, unless Sinnoh were to receive a M A J O R Revamp for Gen 8 alone.
Shot in the dark, but maybe the Direct is going to show off not only Sinnoh Remakes but a Let's Go, Johto as well?

I mean, the first wasn't called Let's Go, Kanto...just based in the region, so I guess...uh....

Let's Go, Pichu! & Let's Go, Togepi!

Third option I just thought of:
Since remaking/remastering Sinnoh would be a helluva task (unless they were working on this concurrently with Sword & Shield), what if they were to release a 'Gen 4 bundle'? Diamond & Heart Gold and Pearl & Soul Silver; call it the Pokemon Jewel Collection or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only evidence for Gen 4 let's go was the phrase "Let's Go" next to the word Sinnoh and General Pessimism.

The Let's Go games I don't think will ever replace Mainline titles or general remakes.
They're meant to coincidence with them, as they're a different set of mainline games. Officially, anyway. They're basically still a spin-off in their own way, of their design, but a lot of odd games are mainline titles(Super Mario, for instance, as Super Mario Land and Super Mario Maker, and even Super Mario Run, as mainline titles). It's awkward when discussing them, since people think mainline just means the normal rpg's and at best the remakes. While Let's Go is considered a spin-off to others since it's clearly a different design behind them. Though to be fair, they're still clearly similar. It helps that so far they're retakes on the regular titles anyway, compared to regular Go.

Someone can feel free to research and correct me, but I don't think a Pokemon game has ever been announced more than a year and a half in advance. Maybe even only a year. Last couple I remember were announced at like the start of a year (Jan or Feb) and then released in October or November. They only announce them when they're confident that they can keep the wait period short (and drip feed new info at least once a month until release).
Makes sense. Hopefully we learn about the Johto Let's Go games soon enough too. It's the first set of mainline titles that don't interest me, but I'm glad we have some fun new ideas to change it up a bit~

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
The problem is that this is not the right time to have Let's Go Sinnoh... and I'm thinking about a game with Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee combat system and catching system that tries to link mainline games with Pokémon GO.

Tomorrow we could see 2 different things:
1) Sinnoh remakes with the same artstyle as Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee and with a "square grid setting", but with classic combat system and catching system. It would disappoint me, but I can understand this choice.
That First One is EXACTLY what I think will happen to Sinnoh lol.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Apparently there is a difference between a Presents and a Direct:

Of course, the difference isn’t that major, so it could still be a new game.

This is also one of the longest so far:
Oh well, I was wrong.
But still... the difference is really small

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

SKX31

Smash Master
Apparently there is a difference between a Presents and a Direct:

Of course, the difference isn’t that major, so it could still be a new game.

This is also one of the longest so far:
Hmmm, so you're telling me Unite has a chance, since it's probably mobile-first?
Knowing that Pokemon Unite's recently launched its beta in Canada...

Yeah I'm betting on either A) that will get quite a lot of screentime, or B) Unite gets its own presentation again.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I think that this might just feature some mobile games and nothing else. The last few main series games were announced in directs.
Sword and Shield were announced in their own direct, as were their expansion passes.

It's pretty likely we're getting the next mainline entries tomorrow.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Wasn’t Gen 8 announced around this time in 2019? It was definitely in a Pokémon-exclusive presentation.
That was a Pokemon direct, which is different. Directs are Nintendo hosted and only feature Switch games. Pokemon Presents is TPC hosted and can cover anything Pokemon-related. We might even get news about the anime or the TCG for instance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only Gen 4 remake we actually need is Explorers of Sky DX. And even that would be overpriced so it’s hard for me to get excited for anything Pokémon related. Just gonna stick to watching VGC videos.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Even if Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remakes aren't announced here, I doubt that this is the only Pokemon Direct/Presents of this year when it's only February.

They have had "Pokemon Directs" in the past during the month of June before E3 in some years, So I wouldn't be surprised if they were announced on a later date.

Considering it's Pokemon 25th anniversary, Expect multiple presentations/directs this upcoming year.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Pokémon Unite is for mobile and switch, so even is they only show videogames here, yes or yes they had to name tomorrow’s presentation as “Presents” instead of a Direct.

This is of course if we see Pokémon Unite tomorrow , that I think that we will.

In addition, I have faith in a teaser of next Pokémon remakes to be shown tomorrow (a ~2 minute trailer like S/S was 2 years ago). More details on New Snap is an easy guess, and according to (maybe old?) Kalos info, Detective Pikachu will launch this year, so we should get more info tomorrow also.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that if tomorrow's new announcement is not Gen 9 then we will not see Gen 9 come out at all this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom