• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I suppose it's possible Sephiroth's official release was pushed back because they wanted to hold the Sephy boss event? That would explain why he seems to be an outlier.
I mean, that's obvious, they more or less even said that they wanted to release him early via the event. It was all the other stuff(Miis, Spirits, etc), that came a few days later.

Sephiroth is the odd duck since, the important stuff came after the presentation(Himself, his stage), but all the fluff stuff came several days later(The Miis, the Spirits, etc).

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I mean, that's obvious, they more or less even said that they wanted to release him early via the event. It was all the other stuff(Miis, Spirits, etc), that came a few days later.

Sephiroth is the odd duck since, the important stuff came after the presentation(Himself, his stage), but all the fluff stuff came several days later(The Miis, the Spirits, etc).
Well yeah, but the implications are different if you look at a viewpoint where he got released early for the event or the rest of the content got pushed later because they weren't ready y'know? I suppose the former is by far the more likely one but if the former was what actually happened then it would be easier to expect Pyra Mythra to be an instant release. You're right in any case

I.D.

Smash Lord
That's definitely a Weltall color, that alt just doesn't look like Poppi at all to me. Those colors are too different and black is a much more prominent color on Poppi QTπ than that shade of purple which is not n any form of her really. Poppi's hair is definitely on the lighter side as well, so odds are the alternates are going to be random references more than anything.
Yeah I don't see Poppi either. Poppi's clothes are completely black and that Mythra color uses the same purplish blue color for her clothes and hair which just so happens to be exactly the same tones as Weltall.

AAAHHHHHH SCREW YOU SAKURAI NOW I WANT THE PRESENTATION EVEN MORE BADLY

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I feel like this is going to be the one that finally kills Lloyd, if he survives this then I'm convinced Tales is one of the last 2 reps, whether it's him or Yuri.
Man y'all got no faith in Tekken huh?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
What's with this Jin and Kazuya erasure, goddamn.
I mean, that still wouldn't explain why they wouldn't bring Heihachi back with them, especially as he was added during Volume 2.

It would be one thing if it was just an unrelated Namco Mii - Hero didn't come with Chocobo and Geno, Banjo and Kazooie didn't come with Microsoft Miis and Steve only came with Minecraft costumes. But it would have been weird to get Heihachi's costume with Min Min if there was another Tekken character planned as a separate Challenger Pack down the line.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
So, pokemon news incoming:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The only guess is that one of them may be a major Xenoblade 2 spoiler so they're hiding it to give time for people to get to that part of the game.

That or they aren't ready to be seen yet.
Sakurai put multiple spoilers in smash, I don't think he cares

I feel it's nintendo trying to make these characters a bigger deal then they actually are

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Can't wait for the absolute meltdown of salt when there's no remakes for Diamond and Pearl of Gen 4 soon:
GEN 4.jpg

Last edited:

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman

20 minutes of direct...

I'd say they will do 5 minutes of talking about the anniversary, 1 minute to remind us of New Pokémon Snap, 5 minutes of Pokémon Unite, 7 minutes of other minor games and apps (maybe they'll finally show Pokémon Sleep?) and 2 minutes for the trailer of Sinnoh Remakes.

I sincerely hope it is not a "Let's Go" style remake.

Staarih

Smash Master
20 minutes of direct...

I'd say they will do 5 minutes of talking about the anniversary, 1 minute to remind us of New Pokémon Snap, 5 minutes of Pokémon Unite, 7 minutes of other minor games and apps (maybe they'll finally show Pokémon Sleep?) and 2 minutes for the trailer of Sinnoh Remakes.

I sincerely hope it is not a "Let's Go" style remake.
As it's hosted by The Pokemon Company and not Nintendo (like usual Directs), it could have non-video game news regarding the Pokemon brand as well.

Though I could see all those happening still.

D

Deleted member

I'm getting my announcement days mixed up. Were we waiting on anything to be presented 9:00 AM today?

Papagenos strikes again with the most likely fake concert leak.
His stuff is always fake. His entire channel is about speculating on the obviously fake. It's so filled with near-baseless speculation, I sometimes wonder if Papagenos is fake. He could be actually have been MamaT-elos this whole time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
20 minutes of direct...

And I say...3 more Sw/Sh DLCs get announced, so that the National Dex comes back.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Ya know, as silly as it is, I think the inclusion in Ultimate that I'm most thankful for is....

:ultrichter:

....that may be a surprise, but, Richter is iconic to soo many of us internet boomers due to being one of the first video game related memes before memes were even a thing.

The fact that Dracula swats away his glass in the boss fight, the fact that he(more or less) says the line in the reveal trailer..... god I love video games.

Long Hair Richter is still the best Richter. A shame we didn't get his Symphony of the Night look as an alt.

I mean look at this chad:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I think that this might just feature some mobile games and nothing else. The last few main series games were announced in directs.

D

Deleted member

I think that this might just feature some mobile games and nothing else. The last few main series games were announced in directs.
Doubtful. There's been abundant evidence in favor of Sinnoh Remakes and Masuda himself retweeted this Direct Announcement. The man behind Pokemon has never retweeted Pokemon news when it didn't concern something from the mainline games. It won't just be Mobile...especially since that's technically done by a Third Party and not Gamefreak themselves. It mihgt have some info on Pokemon Unite (the mobile game), but it'll probably have some news about Pokemon Snap and then confirmation on Sinnoh Remakes. Hopefully with a Summer Release lol.

1% chance that, if we're super lucky, a Third Expansion for Sword/Shield is announced.

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Doubtful. There's been abundant evidence in favor of Sinnoh Remakes and Masuda himself retweeted this Direct Announcement. The man behind Pokemon has never retweeted Pokemon news when it didn't concern something from the mainline games. It won't just be Mobile...especially since that's technically done by a Third Party and not Gamefreak themselves. It mihgt have some info on Pokemon Unite (the mobile game), but it'll probably have some news about Pokemon Snap and then confirmation on Sinnoh Remakes. Hopefully with a Summer Release lol.

1% chance that, if we're super lucky, a Third Expansion for Sword/Shield is announced.
I think that Sinnoh remakes will be 2022 games because of COVID.

D

Deleted member

I think that Sinnoh remakes will be 2022 games because of COVID.
Released, maybe; but this is the day before Pokemon Day. They aren't doing a Pokemon focused Direct for Mobile games. Trust me this direct has significant info in it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Man, I thought XBC1 was just okay. I'd probably hate 2. I just get no joy out of "plays like an MMO, but isn't" style RPGs.

You're one of the only people I've heard that like 2 better than X. Most people say 2 is the worst one.
Well, I've never played an MMO before so Xenoblade is entirely unique as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not a fan of regular RPG turn based combat, so the more action oriented real time combat of Xenoblade kept me interested enough to delve into the universe.

Dunno why people think 2 is the worst one, it's not a bad game at all, unless they're just allergic to 'anime' I guess.

X on the other hand, is a mess of a game that I couldn't even finish because progression was gated and I couldn't even accept the next story mission.

1 is the clear winner story-wise, but I guess I could see how some would favor 2 over it if they played it first, since the best moments in 2 are just taking after the first game, so it depends on which one you experienced first. The gameplay of 1 and 2 aren't so dissimilar, but 2 gets massive point reductions for the gacha bull**** and it also has gated progression points like X (but were thankfully actually passable this time, but still pointless roadblocks).

World design in the first game also strikes a perfect balance of big but straightforward, X's worlds are gargantuan wastelands with nothing in them and 2's are the smallest of the bunch with confusing layouts. It took me forever to find the path forward on one of the first worlds in the game and the map didn't help at all (there was even a part late game where I was only able to progress through a secret area, I don't know if that was intended and thus the worst kept secret area ever or if I cheesed it and the intended path forward was so out of the way I just never found it).

Oh yeah, and the first game has phenomenal music, the second game has great music, and X is like sticking a pencil in your ear.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
As it's hosted by The Pokemon Company and not Nintendo (like usual Directs), it could have non-video game news regarding the Pokemon brand as well.

Though I could see all those happening still.
You're actually right. There may be some merchandise stuff too.

And I say...3 more Sw/Sh DLCs get announced, so that the National Dex comes back.
I doubt that there will be other SwSh content tbh.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

While like everyone I'm hoping and somewhat expecting Diamond/Pearl remakes to be announced.

I also wouldn't mind a "Let's Go Johto" announcement, I actually really enjoyed "Let's Go Pikachu" and while some people like to criticize the "Go" mechanics like catching wild Pokemon, It honestly wasn't that big of a deal for me because at it's "Core" it's still played like a traditional mainline Pokemon game, I also plan on playing "Let's Go Pikachu" again this upcoming Saturday in celebration of Pokemon's 25th anniversary.

Either way I would be happy with both, I think Diamond and Pearl remakes are more likelier, But I wouldn't mind or be surprised for them to tackle another "Let's Go" game in the future with Johto as the next region.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Released, maybe; but this is the day before Pokemon Day. They aren't doing a Pokemon focused Direct for Mobile games. Trust me this direct has significant info in it.
I jut don't see them announcing a fall 2022 game now unless they intended for it to come this year and delayed it because of the virus, like with Splatoon 3.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I'm getting my announcement days mixed up. Were we waiting on anything to be presented 9:00 AM today?

His stuff is always fake. His entire channel is about speculating on the obviously fake. It's so filled with near-baseless speculation, I sometimes wonder if Papagenos is fake. He could be actually have been MamaT-elos this whole time.
I am not real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom