• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
Censor dodge
His stuff is always fake. His entire channel is about speculating on the obviously fake. It's so filled with near-baseless speculation, I sometimes wonder if Papagenos is fake. He could be actually have been MamaT-elos this whole time.
The hilarious irony of someone from THIS thread, of all places, criticizing someone else for calmly discussing "near-baseless speculation" on YouTube will never be lost on me.

I am not real.
Oh ****, then who am I subbed to?

Answer me, faker!

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The only Gen 4 remake we actually need is Explorers of Sky DX. And even that would be overpriced so it’s hard for me to get excited for anything Pokémon related. Just gonna stick to watching VGC videos.
To be fair pretty much anything from Nintendo is overpriced, Especially when it comes to remakes.

It sucks, But when you have as strong as brand as them and can get away with it, I can't say I don't blame them.

(Proceeds to buy Diamond/Pearl remakes anyways)

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I think that if tomorrow's new announcement is not Gen 9 then we will not see Gen 9 come out at all this year.
Were only a little over a year into Pokemon Sword and Shield, Not even halfway through Gen 8's lifespan.

Gen 9 is definitely not happening this year, That's insane, At the "Earliest" it will be in Holiday 2022.

Last edited:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
Tomorrow is either Sinnoh Remakes or Let’s Go, Johto. Don’t think they’d hold a 20 minute presents for Pokémon’s 25th anniversary and show nothing but Mobile games.
plot twist: it’s let’s go holographic pikachu and it’s a remake of Pokémon trading card game

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow is either Sinnoh Remakes or Let’s Go, Johto. Don’t think they’d hold a 20 minute presents for Pokémon’s 25th anniversary and show nothing but Mobile games.
I'm just gonna go in expecting nothing anyway.

Last time I hyped myself up over Pokemon my expectations were thoroughly crushed. :069:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
plot twist: it’s let’s go holographic pikachu and it’s a remake of Pokémon trading card game
You joke, but having a game to teach you how to play the TCG on Switch would be rad.

...until they price it at $60 because Nintendo tax.
Considering the recent explosion and resurgence of "Pokemon Trading Cards" in collecting, playing and it's the franchise's 25th anniversary, The time is perfect to bring that game or experience to the Nintendo Switch, Surprised they haven't done so yet.

Hell, I bought myself my first "McDonald's Happy Meal" in over 20 years because of the recent Pokemon card craze and got a holographic Charmander out of it.

Oh yeah, Life's good again.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
You joke, but having a game to teach you how to play the TCG on Switch would be rad.

...until they price it at $60 because Nintendo tax.
They don't even need to make a new game, they can just port the TCG Online that they have already made and that would easily turn some heads and make some quick money.

D

Deleted member

Hell, I bought myself my first "McDonald's Happy Meal" in over 20 years because of the Pokemon card craze and got a holographic Charmander. Life's Good again.
just a small note, the Mcdonald's Happy Meal promos are outselling everything except a few specific staples, so I would hold onto them for a bit. Chances are it'll be worth a pretty penny in a few months when the promotion itself ends. Foils are already worth around $1-$2.

D

Deleted member

To be fair pretty much anything from Nintendo is overpriced, Especially when it comes to remakes.

It sucks, But when you have as strong as brand as them and can get away with it, I can't say I don't blame them.

It wouldn’t be as big a deal if Nintendo games actually went on sale. At least with other publishers you know they’ll go on sale. It’s a shame because it means when I buy Nintendo I treat it like an event and am therefore less likely to branch out and try more than the standard Switch titles that are in most people’s catalogs already.

Diamond and Pearl remakes on the horizon? Time to shill Infernape! All my homies love Sun Wukong.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It wouldn’t be as big a deal if Nintendo games actually went on sale. At least with other publishers you know they’ll go on sale. It’s a shame because it means when I buy Nintendo I treat it like an event and am therefore less likely to branch out and try more than the standard Switch titles that are in most people’s catalogs already.

Diamond and Pearl remakes on the horizon? Time to shill Infernape! All my homies love Sun Wukong.
I see your Infernape and raise you Empoleon.

D

Deleted member

The hilarious irony of someone from THIS thread, of all places, criticizing someone else for calmly discussing "near-baseless speculation" on YouTube will never be lost on me.

Oh ****, then who am I subbed to?

Answer me, faker!

View attachment 305065
I thought that by ending it with saying that I believed that he himself was fake and was actually MamaT-elos (my poor attempt at making a similar, yet opposite, sounding name) would be sufficient in showing I was joking lol.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
I thought that by ending it with saying that I believed that he himself was fake and was actually MamaT-elos (my poor attempt at making a similar, yet opposite, sounding name) would be sufficient in showing I was joking lol.
My bad, mate. Between the lockdown and diving head-first into the online speculation scene, I've heard so many unironic and terrible takes that I think I've lost the ability to pick up on jokes.

Somebody help me.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

I mean, remakes are still new games with all the same work as the usual games just without having to come up with story, layout, or characters aside from redesigns and such, so I don't feel remakes are overpriced.
Ports, maybe, but not remakes.
Roll Time.

As a fan of Roll, heck yeah, and her costumes could be MM11, MM8, & MM1-7/9-10 designs~
How about Megaman Zero?
He's not a Mii Costume yet.
Zero in his Mega Man Zero design is my dream..even Capcom hasn't used him in a crossover since Onimusha Blade Warriors and SNK in SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos..Capcom didn't even use the design for Zero's alts in MVC3 or MVCI..though they did reference his MMZ Z-Saber in Tatsunoko vs Capcom as his Lvl 3 Super.

He'd have more moveset potential than MMX Zero I feel, though a MMZ version of his MMX design would make a neat alt.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
just a small note, the Mcdonald's Happy Meal promos are outselling everything except a few specific staples, so I would hold onto them for a bit. Chances are it'll be worth a pretty penny in a few months when the promotion itself ends. Foils are already worth around $1-$2.
While my old collection from my Late 90's/Early 2000's childhood is long gone, I somewhat started a smaller binder collection back in 2016 during Pokemon's 20th anniversary and got some reprints from the "Original 151" just mainly collecting for nostalgia purposes.

I don't have kids, But my niece gets Happy Meals occasionally from my big sister and since she's more than content with just the food and isn't really interested in the cards, She's nice enough to just give them to me, Good excuse to go to McDonald's too.

D

Deleted member

My bad, mate. Between the lockdown and diving head-first into the online speculation scene, I've heard so many unironic and terrible takes that I think I've lost the ability to pick up on jokes.

Somebody help me.
Makes total sense. No worries. In your defense, it was a terrible joke on my part; no surprise it wouldn't be picked up by everyone lol.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
While my old collection from my Late 90's/Early 2000's childhood is long gone, I somewhat started a smaller binder collection back in 2016 during Pokemon's 20th anniversary and got some reprints from the "Original 151" just mainly collecting for nostalgia purposes.

I don't have kids, But my niece gets Happy Meals occasionally from my big sister and since she's more than content with just the food and isn't really interested in the cards, She's nice enough to just give them to me, Good excuse to go to McDonald's too.
My niece also gets Pokemon cards from the happy meals, but I made the mistake of making her a huge Pokemon nerd so no cards for me.

Though I still got a big tupperware container full that my mom managed to buy off some random woman in Walmart. That was pretty rad. It has Giratina in there somewhere

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
His stuff is always fake. His entire channel is about speculating on the obviously fake.
To be fair, his channel is about speculating on EVERY leak. It just SEEMS like his entire channel is about speculating on the obviously fake because EVERY LEAK IS OBVIOUSLY FAKE.

Did you actually come back onto this website just to say that? Huh.
He's probably always here. Lurking. Where do you think he gets those leaks?

How about Megaman Zero?
There is no Megaman Zero. The star of Mega Man Zero is...Zero.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It hit me that, by the end of this Fighters Pass, Smash will have almost 90 characters, which is insane. (Mythra's number 80, there are two more after her, and there are seven echo fighters, which brings it to 89)

If they wanted to get it to 90 by including an echo fighter in one of the challenger packs as an added bonus, who would you want it to be?

Presumably, they'd have to make sense (it would be pretty random to include Octoling in a Sol Badguy/Guilty Gear challenger pack, for example), so I'd think that they'd either be characters from the same series (ex. Eggman with Metal Sonic as a Sonic echo fighter - Tails could work as an echo fighter or a unique fighter, but if Rex and Pyra is any indication, they seem to be sticklers when it comes to Mii costumes) or the echo fighter would be a clone of the fighter that's included with different stats/hitboxes (ex. Crash Bandicoot, with Coco Bandicoot as an echo fighter - she wouldn't really work well as an alternate costume).

I'd be fine with either of the examples that I listed (Eggman with Metal Sonic or Tails as a Sonic echo; Crash with Coco as an echo of Crash) - I'd probably prefer Tails over Metal Sonic, but I feel like Metal Sonic would be more likely to happen.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
It hit me that, by the end of this Fighters Pass, Smash will have almost 90 characters, which is insane. (Mythra's number 80, there are two more after her, and there are seven echo fighters, which brings it to 89)

If they wanted to get it to 90 by including an echo fighter in one of the challenger packs as an added bonus, who would you want it to be?

Presumably, they'd have to make sense (it would be pretty random to include Octoling in a Sol Badguy/Guilty Gear challenger pack, for example), so I'd think that they'd either be characters from the same series (ex. Eggman with Metal Sonic as a Sonic echo fighter - Tails could work as an echo fighter or a unique fighter, but if Rex and Pyra is any indication, they seem to be sticklers when it comes to Mii costumes) or the echo fighter would be a clone of the fighter that's included with different stats/hitboxes (ex. Crash Bandicoot, with Coco Bandicoot as an echo fighter - she wouldn't really work well as an alternate costume).

I'd be fine with either of the examples that I listed (Eggman with Metal Sonic or Tails as a Sonic echo; Crash with Coco as an echo of Crash) - I'd probably prefer Tails over Metal Sonic, but I feel like Metal Sonic would be more likely to happen.
Curly Brace as an Echo Fighter of Quote; she uses the Machine Gun while he uses the Polar Star.
Alternatively, what Otoad64 Otoad64 said, except I'd prefer Galacta Knight over Dark Meta Knight. (DMK would still be cool though)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom