• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Smash fans wanting to make a meme and getting called out this badly:
View attachment 303406

I wonder if I'll get a character I outright asked for, so far it hasn't happened since Ridley though for the most part I've liked the good **** we've got. Wonder if that'll change for the better or for worse tomorrow
I'm sure you'll get Miriam...

As a Deluxe Mii Costume.

(This isn't meant to be insulting or anything, I'm just trying to make a joke).

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I dont believe it but i've seen plenty of people put stock into the chunli leak and wishlist leak and list leak. 5chan is no different and only gets talked about cause it has two things going for it.
Not sure we should be putting any stock into those ones either. The negotiations rumor is the only one I've really bought, and even then it could just end up not going anywhere since it's just about what could have happened, and I'm losing faith in it anyways. General rule of thumb is that the vast majority of textboard "leaks" are fake and whenever we stumble across one, there's no reason why it's any different.

SKX31

Smash Master
Some people will say that tomorrow's character will be a cool third party character.

Some people will say that tomorrow's character will be an underwhelming Nintendo character.

But deep down, we all know that the character...

Gives Ganondorf another losing matchup
Hey, if there's anything Ganondorf mains can take solace in ever since Sakurai and co. nerfed him away from his Melee mid-tier position in subsuquent games...

It's that that's another character to disrespect. :p

So like, what "leaks" are even alive at this point aside from Tales of Chun?

I know "The List" exists, but that's just a 40 name list that cast a huge net.
I mean, technically the LoL leak kinda sorta still is (?) although that one is dependent on a number of things still going its way.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm sure you'll get Miriam...

As a Deluxe Mii Costume.

(This isn't meant to be insulting or anything, I'm just trying to make a joke).
Good sir, you spit on my face and urinate overy corpse with this vile deed. I challenge you to a duel at the nearest parking lot.

Nah, if Miriam got a Mii costume then that means she got ****ing acknowledged and that's all you need sometimes

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So like, what "leaks" are even alive at this point aside from Tales of Chun?

I know "The List" exists, but that's just a 40 name list that cast a huge net.
People keep going back to Crei-Mos for some reason when the only definitive thing it has is Sephiroth. There's also the ones for LoL and Falcom, but the former's over a year old and we should just let it rest. Going off the idea that fighters are developed in sets of three, I think the Falcom rumor's the only really believable rumor based on the timeframe, and even then I think tomorrow is it's last chance.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Good sir, you spit on my face and urinate overy corpse with this vile deed. I challenge you to a duel at the nearest parking lot.

Nah, if Miriam got a Mii costume then that means she got ****ing acknowledged and that's all you need sometimes
Was that a Simpsons reference? Please say yes.

Shroob

Sup?
People keep going back to Crei-Mos for some reason when the only definitive thing it has is Sephiroth. There's also the ones for LoL and Falcom, but the former's over a year old and we should just let it rest. Going off the idea that fighters are developed in sets of three, I think the Falcom rumor's the only really believable rumor based on the timeframe, and even then I think tomorrow is it's last chance.
The **** is Crei-Mos?

Reimu, Kos-Mos and....?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Why, there was that one with Kubfu, 2B, Crash, Sol, Ammy and Yuri don't you know.
That one died in like, 10 seconds flat.

I'd be down for some Spirits as well. If your profile picture is any indication, it's some pretty darn good art.

The **** is Crei-Mos?

Reimu, Kos-Mos and....?
Crash I think.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Was that a Simpsons reference? Please say yes.
Damn Simpsons did literally everything it apparantly made me copy a quote.
That one died in like, 10 seconds flat.

I'd be down for some Spirits as well. If your profile picture is any indication, it's some pretty darn good art.

Crash I think.
If people get to insist a blatant fake is real for over a year I get to have a laugh about the world's ****tiest edit. For real though, outside of Kubfu and Yuri, that'd be a pretty ****in cool line up

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Laugh Theory, eh?

Anything's a theory if you look at something for five minutes and slap the word theory at the end of it.
I mean, technically the LoL leak kinda sorta still is (?) although that one is dependent on a number of things still going its way.
Hmmm... Laugh Theory... LoL leak is still standing... laughing out loud (lol)...

:4pacman:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
And this has traction why? Is it just Sephiroth or no?
Yeah, it's because of Sephiroth. Also no Smash 4 Mii promotions, but half of everyone and their mom have been calling that since Gil. I think the bulk of it is A: people wanting Reimu and/or KOS-MOS and B: People overestimating how unexpected Sephiroth was; He was unexpected, but not to the point that nobody could predict him.

Firox

Smash Master
So with the Pokemon anniversary, Legend of Zelda annivesary/BotW 2 advent and Monster Hunter Rise coming this year, what do you guys think the chances are that the next Smash character is a blatant shill pick? (shill, as in, basically an advertisement pick for something brand new or about to be released)

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
So with the Pokemon anniversary, Legend of Zelda annivesary/BotW 2 advent and Monster Hunter Rise coming this year, what do you guys think the chances are that the next Smash character is a blatant shill pick? (shill, as in, basically an advertisement pick for something brand new or about to be released)
amingo to promote amingo: the video game

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
It's gonna be Cash Banooca to promote the Switch port of Cash Banooca 4: In a Big Tent

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway, yeah, I have no idea what to expect.

Unless "Tales of Chun/Chun Leak" is actually legit and tomorrow is Chun to celebrate SF2's 30 year anniversary, all the other choices feel too nebulous to say one way or another. Or, in the 1 in one-trillion chance Crei-Mos is real and Reimu shows up tomorrow...

Only character that'll make me believe a leak 100% at this point would be Chun or Reimu, one of which seems likely, the other I severely doubt but would like.

Monster Hunter is the expected choice
Crash Bandacoot(personally) feels like an E3 drop
A "insert Nintendo rep here" is always on the table
Hayabusa exists in his awkward leak limbo

At this point, could be anyone.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Tomorrow, to celebrate Zelda's anniversary, Ganon, the King of Evil will join Super Smash Bros Ultimate, breaking the "bosses can't be fighters" fan-rule.

Fan-rule that anyway was already broken since Melee, where Bowser was both a boss (Giga Bowser) and a playable character, but still.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Tomorrow, to celebrate Zelda's anniversary, Ganon, the King of Evil will join Super Smash Bros Ultimate, breaking the "bosses can't be fighters" fan-rule.

Fan-rule that anyway was already broken since Melee, where Bowser was both a boss (Giga Bowser) and a playable character, but still.
Errr...didn't Sephiroth literally just break that a couple months ago?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Eh, that's kind of an awkward one. Giga Bowser is a revision of Giant Bowser but actually is a Smash OC officially. It was broken in Brawl as a Final Smash at best, though.

So it didn't really break the fan-rule.

Also, it'd have to be a downsized OOT Ganon to really break it, since he's also a Final Smash. That's an actual non-Smash OC in this case. Besides that, it was broken when you could play as Master Hand(even for a short while), a more proper one.

That's kind of the issue with fanrules anyway. Exactly what really counts as breaking it. Plus, the supporting is for the version of Ganon to not appear in Smash in any way, ALTTP, who is vastly different from OOT Ganon is both design and abilities.

It's also why fanrules just plain suck to deal with. It's hard to consider it broken for a lot of people, so.

I think the last character is the most likely for this. We'll find out tomorrow if there's anything new worth shilling, though.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Alright. Placin my bets.

Smash Fighter tomorrow, is either

1. Chun-li
2. Hayabusa
3. Eggman

NEWS.... my three bets are

1. Sonic anniversary acknowledgement/GBA Collection/Sonic collection of some sort
2. Capcom Switch Exclusive announcement (Resident Evil or something)
3. If there is indeed a new DKC, we're gonna see it here

There ya go. Maybe I win all the Burger King, maybe I win none.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If working on a SSBU X [FRANCHISE] thing can summon a character then you might not like my results...
Perhaps not, but it's funny that we're getting a reveal while I'm in the middle of my own project. Doubly so because I'm doing my own mock presentations on the Discord and I should be finishing it up today, so it would be an absurd coincidence if it actually happens tomorrow.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

But its the classic blue Ganon.

The one also with the trident.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Status