• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
COVID messed up the schedule. We had 5 characters in around a year for the first pass, so it is likely this pass could have originally ended by summer 2021.
I mean, who's to say that it won't?

October(Steve) > December(Sephiroth) >Presumably Feb for CP9

It "feels" like characters have suddenly dropped to a 2 month release window. This is 100% subject to change depending on if CP9 is actually releasing or not this month, but if they "are"? Who's to say that an April release is too farfetched?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I do think people are looking too much into this. I understand some may be joking, but man, try to ease up, guys.
Of course. But it's a funny coincidence still :D People are already reading too much into things, now things will be chaos !

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Houhou? Inb4PhoenixJokeOfSomeKind

And I don't necessarily mean Phoenix Wright, but someone associated with Phoenixes in general. Pokemon aside, I know there's Suzaku from Flying Dragon(but he's hardly more than a decently important character in the lore at best), and... I can't much think of anyone else who fits, really. ._.; At least that are game characters.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Houhou? Inb4PhoenixJokeOfSomeKind

And I don't necessarily mean Phoenix Wright, but someone associated with Phoenixes in general. Pokemon aside, I know there's Suzaku from Flying Dragon(but he's hardly more than a decently important character in the lore at best), and... I can't much think of anyone else who fits, really. ._.; At least that are game characters.
Well it is one letter away from Ho-Oh's Japanese name...

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Direct prediction:

Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne HD gets a release date outside of Japan
Shin Megami Tensei V also gets a new trailer and summer release (coming out too close to Nocturne HD would divide the sales betwen the games, coming out later would put it too close to Pokemon's hypothetical new game, which would be pretty much suicide)
Mario Kart 9
Zelda something, maybe a teaser for BotW2, maybe something for a 2D game, maybe both, also something about Zelda's 35th anniversary
The 2D Metroid is real
Probably DK something too
Crash 4
DMC4SE
Monster Hunter stuff
Ace Attorney collections, both the Great Attorney and AA4-6 are shown
No More Heroes 3
Bravely Default 2
Touhou AoCF
Bayo 3 and Metroid Prime 4 both get a "remember those things? Those exist!" trailers, and both get a 2022 release date for now
Smash character is revealed
Direct ends with a tease for Pokemon day

That's a mix of what I expect and a bit of what I want. I have no idea who will be revealed beyond the Dante-Hayabusa-Adol trifecta that I deem as the 3 most likely characters.

I just copy pasted this from the rate their chances thread, though it was worth sharing by using the almighty power of ctrl+c and ctrl+v.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Something to think about if the Houhou thing is a hint. We have a Touhou game coming to switch (Japan only) originally it was only supposed to only release after the ps4 version but got switched to same day release. What if that game gets announced for the west tomorrow and Reimu gets a smash trailer? This would make me happy cause if Reimu were in it would reassure me that the 5chan leak is real (moreso than if crash got in)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well it is one letter away from Ho-Oh's Japanese name...
Why do you think I thought of Phoenixes. >.>

Literal ones. There's a lot of games that have them in general as enemies/etc., but that's why I'm not counting those. Since if somehow it's some kind of hint(which being Sakurai, he has done this sometimes), it'd be something significant. Even Phoenix Wright counts way more, especially since that's basically similar to Von Karma's laugh.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Laugh Theory, eh?

Anything's a theory if you look at something for five minutes and slap the word theory at the end of it.
It's called Laugh Theory because all these theories will be laughed at when tomorrow's character has nothing to do with the tweet

DAMN YOU NINJA POLAN

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Laugh Theory, eh?

Anything's a theory if you look at something for five minutes and slap the word theory at the end of it.
Theory Theory.

Each character revealed thus far has probably been theorized to get in the game by some person. This eliminates any and all characters without pre-existing fan-created theories.

:4pacman:

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
Self-proclaimed Smash "speculators" when Sakurai says literally anything:
20210216_144222.jpg

Of course there's always the chance that he is dropping a hint, like with what probably happened with the August direct all the way back, but most likely Sakurai is just looking forward to the next Smash announcement.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Something to think about if the Houhou thing is a hint. We have a Touhou game coming to switch (Japan only) originally it was only supposed to only release after the ps4 version but got switched to same day release. What if that game gets announced for the west tomorrow and Reimu gets a smash trailer? This would make me happy cause if Reimu were in it would reassure me that the 5chan leak is real (moreso than if crash got in)
Seems a bit too soon for that. We just got the port announcement in the first place, without any info on a localization. It would either be announced together or with a decent gap in-between, and if it was in a direct I don't see why they'd reveal it separately a couple days prior. Maybe if it was a month or two ago, but I don't see AoCF, not in the global direct at least. Either way, I wouldn't put too much stock in an anonymous 5chan leak anyways, especially one claiming to know the entire pass.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Smash Speculators: have nothing to speculate on for months
Sakurai: gives people something to potentially speculate about
Smash Speculators: speculate on that
Killjoys:
1613505685408.png

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
View attachment 303404
Of course there's always the chance that he is dropping a hint, like with what probably happened with the August direct all the way back, but most likely Sakurai is just looking forward to the next Smash announcement.
Yes. I, too, transform into a pixelated jpeg of a bunch of robots whenever Sakurai opens his mouth :4pacman:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Gotta be honest, while I want somebody like Dante to be in... it’s kinda cool that I don’t really have any expectations going in.

Like, I’m probably going to be surprised either way and be fine with whatever it is that they add, and I haven’t had that feeling in awhile.

It’ll be cool to talk about the character themself too, because that’s something that’s been absent for over a year I think, like SharkLord SharkLord mentioned.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Killjoys: View attachment 303405
That's why I don't take killjoys seriously. Who cares. It's people having fun. It's not going to lead to drama, nor is anyone even taking it seriously.

I actually didn't know Ho-Oh's exact Japanese name either, but I knew the design of the word enough. Especially since it'd be said similar to Touhou from my understanding, which is how I figured it out. But yeah, it could just be a silly laugh. "Heh" isn't entirely inaccurate to the idea either, as PushDustIn's tweet suggests.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Seems a bit too soon for that. We just got the port announcement in the first place, without any info on a localization. It would either be announced together or with a decent gap in-between, and if it was in a direct I don't see why they'd reveal it separately a couple days prior. Maybe if it was a month or two ago, but I don't see AoCF, not in the global direct at least. Either way, I wouldn't put too much stock in an anonymous 5chan leak anyways, especially one claiming to know the entire pass.
I dont believe it but i've seen plenty of people put stock into the chunli leak and wishlist leak and list leak. 5chan is no different and only gets talked about cause it has two things going for it.

What I take from the tweet is that Sakurai is excited about the announcement.

I think Smash Bros is mentioned in the Nintendo tweet because it's an example of games with DLC. The tweet says "available games like Super #SmashBrosUltimate and games coming to #NintendoSwitch in the first half of 2021." I think Smash is the only game we have confirmation on getting DLC in 2021, so it was the natural choice to mention.

It is curious that none of the many series with big anniversaries this year are mentioned, though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Killjoys: View attachment 303405
Smash fans wanting to make a meme and getting called out this badly:
IMG_20210130_174941.jpg

I wonder if I'll get a character I outright asked for, so far it hasn't happened since Ridley though for the most part I've liked the good **** we've got. Wonder if that'll change for the better or for worse tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom