• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Perhaps not, but it's funny that we're getting a reveal while I'm in the middle of my own project. Doubly so because I'm doing my own mock presentations on the Discord and I should be finishing it up today, so it would be an absurd coincidence if it actually happens tomorrow.
Hey, anything to stop the infinite loop.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
My prediction of the character tomorrow is someone we won't expect or has been overlooked/slept on. That I can be certain on.
But if we expect someone who's unexpected, then we won't expect someone we would usually expect, thus making the expected the unexpected. But then if we take this recursive logic and start expecting the original expected, then the original unexpected will become unexpected again....

Image result for my head hurts meme

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Well, here's my five predictions for tomorrow. Let's see how wrong I am.
Dante.
Gordon Freeman.
Lloyd.
Rayman.

We doin FIVE predictions? Oh alright you rogue, I'll play your game!

My five, no particular order:

Chun-li

Hayabusa

Eggman

A Pogey Man, probably Galarian in nature but not NECESSARILY (and if it IS, we probably won't get any other Pokemon news in the Direct and they'll wait for a Pokemon Direct probably next week)

Porky. I'll be the one that bets Porky so that if Porky gets in, then I'LLLLLLLLLLLLLL get all the moneyyyyyyyyyyyy war har har har har har harrrrrrrrrrrrio!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, here's my five predictions for tomorrow. Let's see how wrong I am.
Dante.
Gordon Freeman.
Ryu Hayabusa.
Lloyd.
Rayman.
If it has to be five...
Reimu
KOS-MOS
Elma
Arle
?????? (Wildcard)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Five GAME, Non-Smash predictions?

No particular order

1. Sonic Anniversary Acknowledgement/game announcement, probably either a Collection (like a GBA collection), or Mario/Sonic Beijing 2022 Olympics if that is indeed not getting cancelled

2. A Capcom Switch exclusive thing (either Resident Evil or Ace Attorney

3. If there is a new DKC, this a good place to show it off

4. A Wii U port, either Xenoblade X Switch or Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD

5. THE BIG "ONE LAST THING" SURPRISE: Something Earthbound for the hardcore Nintendo fans watching this thing.

D

Deleted member

Ok here are my direct predictions:
  • Smash trailer to start, just gonna say Reimu because over analyzing houhou is funny. Sakurai presents after the direct
  • Zelda 35 is the main hook, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, and Wind Waker in an HD bundle. Botw 2 late this year
  • Pokémon Day direct announcement, new New Pokémon Snap trailer in the meantime
  • Xenoblade X port
  • Obligatory Indie montage with a release date for Fisti-Fluffs since that’s the only one I care about
  • SMT V gameplay and release date
  • Ys and Trails ports for Falcom’s 40th later that day & a Ys IX trailer (a girl can dream)
  • Tales of Symphonia port
  • Obligatory segments on MH Rise, Persona 5 Strikers, Crash 4, and Bravely Default 2
  • FF6 because why isn’t it on switch already
  • The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles official announcement and release date
  • 3D Kirby to close things out
Can’t wait to be wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:

SKX31

Smash Master
Hmmm... Laugh Theory... LoL leak is still standing... laughing out loud (lol)...

:4pacman:
:teemo: is comin' to town. :4pacman:

If working on a SSBU X [FRANCHISE] thing can summon a character then you might not like my results...
You know, I'd 100 % go anarchy with that summoning. And summon Garena Free Fire: the biggest game that practically no one in JP / NA / EU knows.

For an added bonus to the ensuing carnage, it's a mobile Battle Royale.

And... hmm... Predictions huh? If I had to choose five:

Crash
Reimu
Arle
Yuri Lowell
(Wildcard) Dragonborn

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah if we get a Wii U port I’m expecting WW HD & TP HD in one pack due to the Zelda anniversary being this week.

I’m sorry Xenoblade X Definitive Edition, you’ll have to wait a little longer. But I promise your time will come... 🥺

Staarih

Smash Master
My prediction of the character tomorrow is someone we won't expect or has been overlooked/slept on. That I can be certain on.
Yeah, I do love me some surprises, those are the best reveals... but I'd also be content with someone circulating a lot within the speculation scene. They are a favorite of someone's after all and at least could be dropped from future speculation haha.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here's my predictions; it's either gonna be:

-Calyrex
-Reimu
-Undertale character
-Ryu Hayabusa

OR

-Boyfriend from Friday Night Funkin'

Bonus:

-Isaac from Golden Sun

Tomorrow, I will watch the direct, and I will have been proven to be incorrect.
I see you’re a man of culture as well

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m only predicting Ryu Hayabusa right now. He’s been my most wanted since Banjo got announced and I feel like it’s now or never for him since I don’t seem him being one of the final two. Praying that my dude makes it in.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah, I do love me some surprises, those are the best reveals... but I'd also be content with someone circulating a lot within the speculation scene. They are a favorite of someone's after all and at least could be dropped from future speculation haha.
Y'know, the gray area between frontrunner and sleeper has been widening by a lot lately. Everyone has a darkhorse they want to get more attention, they try and push them, and sometimes they strike gold and the darkhorse gets a lot more discussion than you'd expect. Adol's a good example of this; After us supporters jumped at the chance with the Falcom rumor, Adol and Falcom as a whole are brought up a lot whenever darkhorses are mentioned. We might end up getting a character who is both a sleeper and a popular topic.

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
Lets see... my predictions.

Since it's a Direct, looking at the characters who WERE Revealed in a Standard Direct. We're looking at: :ultcloud::ultgreninja::ultisabelle::ultminmin:ult_terry:(Might be missing some) But we're looking at a pretty even split of Nintendo/Third Party. But also for the most part Family Friendly Characters with Appeal thats generally broad (Aside from Terry) and not Japan Exclusive when it comes to popularity.

So with that and thinking the next fighter isn't a Swordsman or a Villain, I'm guessing....

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Pokemon Rep
3. Rayman
4. Zelda Rep
5. Xenoblade Rep

If its a Pokemon/Zelda Rep. I could easily see them doing an ARMS thing again with a list of viable fighters.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Since it's a Direct, looking at the characters who WERE Revealed in a Standard Direct. We're looking at: :ultcloud::ultgreninja::ultisabelle::ultminmin:ult_terry:(Might be missing some) But we're looking at a pretty even split of Nintendo/Third Party. But also for the most part Family Friendly Characters with Appeal thats generally broad (Aside from Terry) and not Japan Exclusive when it comes to popularity.

So with that and thinking the next fighter isn't a Swordsman or a Villain, I'm guessing....

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Pokemon Rep
3. Rayman
4. Zelda Rep
5. Xenoblade Rep

If its a Pokemon/Zelda Rep. I could easily see them doing an ARMS thing again with a list of viable fighters.
Greninja was revealed in a Smash Direct.

Shroob

Sup?

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Pokemon Rep
3. Rayman
4. Zelda Rep
5. Xenoblade Rep

I mean, E3 presentations ARE Nintendo Directs. Like, E3 was one of the first times Nintendo test ran the concept of a Direct iirc.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Pokemon Rep
3. Rayman
4. Zelda Rep
5. Xenoblade Rep

I mean most Xenoblade characters do use swords. Lora uses a whip, though, and Elma uses twin guns in addition to twin swords

yes I took this opportunity to shill Elma I have NO SHAME. 😤

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Predictions:

Crash Bandicoot
Doomguy/Slayer/Marine(any version, really)
Gen 8 Pokemon(Urshifu's my pick, but I dunno who is most popular)
Ryu Hayabusa
Reimu
Waluigi

Wishlists are Brian and Agumon. Agumon I doubt(this early only) cause he requires a lot of work to make the Digivolution mechanic work. This would feel a bit too early, imo. I could see him being last, honestly. Brian obviously I don't think has a ghost of a chance.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
For realistic predictions....

• Rayman
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Not Reimu

A few choices that arguebly could be worthy enough for E3 but fit for a regular hype announcement as well

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I just learned today is the anniversary of the "All your base are belong to us" meme.

Coincidence? I think not.
CATS is taking over the Smash base!

Edit: For clarification, I am specifically talking about the anniversary of the newgrounds video that is responsible for making it a big pop culture meme.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway

Regardless who gets in tomorrow, two important things:

1# It's a new character, hell yeah. Someone new is joining the roster. That's always fun. Even if it's a hype character, or someone more lowkey, it's still a character.

2# It's very possible that we put some long standing leaks in the trashbin once and for all...or not. Depends entirely on who we get tomorrow.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
So ... Been out of the speculation loop for awhile for my own sanity. Back because this is a curse. What's the hottest take on who it might be?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Yeah. I'm tired of people always talking about the most obvious picks. It's tiring seeing the same characters be brought up over and over again.
This is dumb and recursive. Whichever characters get brought up the most are, by default, the most obvious picks.

If we were talking about other characters more...THOSE would be the most obvious, talked about characters.

You're essentially tired of how social communication works...

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I just learned today is the anniversary of the "All your base are belong to us" meme.

Coincidence? I think not.
CATS is taking over the Smash base!
Ah, but is he a jellical cat?

What? You wanted the hottest take. This is the hottest thing I have taken.
Amateur.
1613510327152.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom