• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly I don't even believe the Crei-MOS rumor.

Especially given Monolith said that KOS-MOS/XenoSaga ain't profitable which is a huge blow of any credibility to that leak.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Especially given Monolith said that KOS-MOS/XenoSaga ain't profitable which is a huge blow of any credibility to that leak.
It was actually Namco Bandai who said that. And I don't know if Monolith can get Nintendo behind KOS-MOS because of that. In my opinion, that leak is highly fake.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Not like a random 5chan leak is credible in general 🤷‍♂️

The most it's got going for it is "But they predicted SEPHIROTH!" like it's a mindblowingly impossible occurrence. Sure, we thought he was unlikely, but we're just a small portion of over 20 million Smash players. Granted, a lot of those purchases are little kiddos and casual players who are just in it because Mario's on the boxart, but that's still a lot of people. More than one person must've predicted the most iconic JRPG villain of all time, and when you factor that into the equation, the rumor's credibility dries up like the Mediterranean Sea will in a couple million years, except much faster.

(Yeah, weird analogy, I know.)

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Someone predicted Steve and Sephiroth and then said Crash, Reimu and Kos-Mos are the final three.
Correction, the initial post came up after Steve was already confirmed.

Said leak also claims that none of the DLC Mii Fighters from Smash 4 would be promoted (for this I think they meant the 3rd parties)

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

nobody ever said KOS-MOS wasn't profitable though.

On the topic of these leaks though I feel the Chun Li one is easily the most fake and that list leak. 5chan i'm skeptical about but I'm sure the next reveal will either confirm or debunk it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, it ain't happening lol. KOS-MOS is Already dead, Crash is the most overrated Character in Smash Speculation, and Reimu is ...in an Awkward Position to say the least.
Being in an 'awkward position' never stopped you insisting Euden's likely though, has it?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Crash would be a nice choice, even if I was always more of a Spyro fan growing up.

Wouldn't bank on any character in particular, hell even with ARMS, I tried to keep an open mind on who it could be(I remember thinking they'd pull a Hero), but that wasn't the only possibility I considered. Granted, I was also the only Misango shill, so that might be part of the reason why, lmao.

If the guessing game was Capcom as a whole company, that'd be crazy. Definitely a situation where I'd be happy with most of the choices, but there's some I'd want more than others, like Mega Man X, Chun-Li or Dante.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I kinda want to see Nintendo tell viewers that if they want to play Dragalia Lost in Europe, they'll have to use outside methods.

What? It would only help sales.
Yeah just download it illegally and emulate it. I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't mind.

Just imagine Sakurai saying something like this.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
nobody ever said KOS-MOS wasn't profitable though.

On the topic of these leaks though I feel the Chun Li one is easily the most fake and that list leak. 5chan i'm skeptical about but I'm sure the next reveal will either confirm or debunk it.
Harada (manager at Namco) said that a remaster of Xenosaga was planned, but they judged it would be not profitable enough after a market analysis.

Personally, if Namco have so little faith in the future of Xenosaga, I don't see why she would be chosen as a second Namco rep.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah just download it illegally and emulate it. I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't mind.

Just imagine Sakurai saying something like this.
"Y'know, if my status was any lower I'd be forced to commit ritual suicide by the Nintendo ninjas."
-Masahiro Sakurai, after explaining the best illegal emulators to use to play Dragalia Lost in Europe (2021)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that I think of it, is the only major "fan rule" left is the "Assist Trophies can't be characters" one right? Cause as of Sephiroth, it seems like most barriers have technically been broken through in that regard.

Final Smashes with Chrom, Westerners with Steve and Banjo, Spirits with Min-Min, Ridley being too big, Capcom, Konami, Square and Sega all having more than 1 character, Joker, Snake and Bayo being from M-rated series and Sephiroth being a fully unique character from an already represented third party franchise.

Of course, this does lead into the fact that these characters could still be more of an exception than a rule.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"Y'know, if my status was any lower I'd be forced to commit ritual suicide by the Nintendo ninjas."
-Masahiro Sakurai, after explaining the best illegal emulators to use to play Dragalia Lost in Europe (2021)
Nintendo seen gnashing their teeth when he does the same promoting the Mother 3 fan translation for Duster's presentation.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Now that I think of it, is the only major "fan rule" left is the "Assist Trophies can't be characters" one right? Cause as of Sephiroth, it seems like most barriers have technically been broken through in that regard.

Final Smashes with Chrom, Westerners with Steve and Banjo, Spirits with Min-Min, Ridley being too big, Capcom, Konami, Square and Sega all having more than 1 character, Joker, Snake and Bayo being from M-rated series and Sephiroth being a fully unique character from an already represented third party franchise.

Of course, this does lead into the fact that these characters could still be more of an exception than a rule.
That and “Mii Costumes and Pokeballs can’t be promoted to Playable in the same game”

emphasis on in the same game

Gengar84

Smash Hero
That and “Mii Costumes and Pokeballs can’t be promoted to Playable in the same game”

emphasis on in the same game
There is also that the character has to originate from a video game. That one wasn't really a fan rule as Sakurai said it himself but he has changed his stance on several other things throughout the series. That one is a lot more likely to hold though. Although something in me wouldn't be totally shocked if Sakurai added Goku as the final character even if it is extremely unlikely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New metric: can you picture Sakurai waxing poetic about a character’s game and/or series of origin talking about its influence on the industry? Don’t point out the times a Sakurai Presents didn’t play out like this that’s not fun

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Rather curious why people always quote with that Harada tweet. Like is that really all you have to prove that Xenosaga is dead? Genuinely curious here. And here's my counter: The Market analysis was years ago, hell Harada even says it was sad and he talked to Monolith Soft in 2019 about Xeno after a LONG TIME.

I'm not saying Xenosaga is alive but it was a really long time ago that this analysis happened. Harada has been historically trying to ask for Xenosaga HD since 2014 when he wasn't in a high position

So yeah go ahead and say it all you want that Xenosaga or KOS-MOS is dead when that's factually untrue because KOS-MOS is still marketable enough to get big crossover appearances and her biggest one yet in Xenoblade 2 where she's very important that even her original designer and her designer in Episode III collaborated for a artwork in Torna.

"Long ago, even longer than 500 years, a single Driver, not Rex nor Amalthus, engaged KOS-MOS Re: and T-elos Re: and attempted to climb to the top of the World Tree but failed and died. This is those two falling into Alrest's cloud sea. KOS-MOS Re:" "T-elos Re:, the data of you in my memory is unfortunately disappearing". T-elos Re:"There is an inseverable tie between us...We will meet again"....Using this fantasy of CHOCO as a base, this was created collaboratively. The artists swapped characters that they each designed, with Kunihiko Tanaka being put in charge of drawing T-elos Re: and CHOCO drawing KOS-MOS Re: and the background.
Since I'm the one joining in on CHOCO's work for this illustration...It's hard for me to say much about it but, if I had to say, this is the "culmination of my feelings that were confined within the amber that is Xenoblade 2". For these two, who have met in many different places, this is a dream-like moment in time until they are once again separated. In my work for Xenoblade 2, there were many parts that I wanted to make something I will cherish, and parts that I wanted to make well. This piece allows me to remember that. CHOCO, thank you very much!"
(Kunihiko Tanaka)
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...me_translated_illustrators_comments_from_the/

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
...Joker, Snake and Bayo being from M-rated series...
The goalpost will probably never stop moving on that one. You'll still see people against the inclusion of franchises like Doom & Grand Theft Auto, though at least for the former, it is less common.

There's also a new one about scantily clad women being impossible. Never mind the fact that Zero Suit Samus and female Byleth wear short shorts and Bayonetta has sheer material on her butt, if the character wears a short skirt and I wear a T-shirt and/or has their chest exposed in any way, they're impossible.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Aside from that, we also don't believe that post-launch content (Re: Spirit Events and Mii Costumes) can be promoted, as the timing wouldn't line up. People aren't really optimistic about the returning 3rd-party Miis (Lloyd and MH) coming back, either. Also, region-centric characters based off of Sakurai's comments towards Takamaru, though we don't know how he and Nintendo feel about bigger characters in that situation.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
The goalpost will probably never stop moving on that one. You'll still see people against the inclusion of franchises like Doom & Grand Theft Auto, though at least for the former, it is less common.

There's also a new one about scantily clad women being impossible. Never mind the fact that Zero Suit Samus and female Byleth wear short shorts and Bayonetta has sheer material on her butt, if the character wears a short skirt and I wear a T-shirt and/or has their chest exposed in any way, they're impossible.
I don't think they're impossible but I think they would likely be censored like the Mythra spirit if their outfit is too revealing. I don't really have a problem with that since I want Velvet and I wouldn't be bothered if they covered her up a bit.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Crash would be a nice choice, even if I was always more of a Spyro fan growing up.

Wouldn't bank on any character in particular, hell even with ARMS, I tried to keep an open mind on who it could be(I remember thinking they'd pull a Hero), but that wasn't the only possibility I considered. Granted, I was also the only Misango shill, so that might be part of the reason why, lmao.

If the guessing game was Capcom as a whole company, that'd be crazy. Definitely a situation where I'd be happy with most of the choices, but there's some I'd want more than others, like Mega Man X, Chun-Li or Dante.
I'm also more partial to Spyro. Nothing against Crash or his fans, I just don't think he looks or will play that interesting. Spyro's just got a lot more tricks to pull from his games, I think, and he's cuter.

The other "rule" I often see people bring up is the one company per fighter's pass thing. Unlike the assist trophy rule, I think this one's baloney, but technically it hasn't been broken yet.

Aside from that, we also don't believe that post-launch content (Re: Spirit Events and Mii Costumes) can be promoted, as the timing wouldn't line up. People aren't really optimistic about the returning 3rd-party Miis (Lloyd and MH) coming back, either. Also, region-centric characters based off of Sakurai's comments towards Takamaru, though we don't know how he and Nintendo feel about bigger characters in that situation.
I think people often take the region-centric example out of context when dismissing characters like Reimu or Master Chief. The biggest notable feature Takamaru had was that he was a Nintendo character, he wasn't even that popular in Japan. If a character is popular enough, I think they can easily overcome the regional bias thing. We already sort of have proof of that with Banjo and Hero.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom