• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A Pokemon guessing game could work if it was based on Poke Balls. A guessing game for the entire franchise would be too overwhelming, while the answer would be too obvious if it was a gen 8 guessing game.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I would say that announcing a head of time that they're adding a SW/SH Pokemon to Smash and doing a proper reveal a week later would certainly help mitigate backlash like what Byleth got, as it would rip the band-aid off and help manage expectations.

Like maybe they do a Pokemon Direct on the week of February 27th to celebrate the series' anniversary, and one of the announcements is to stay tuned for a Gen 8 Pokemon reveal in Smash a week later, which would be in March and thus fitting in with Amiibo Theory.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Ridiculously humanoid rabbit that seems to wear a hat despite being based on a soccer player.
I dunno, I could think of quite a few other mons they might do

it's not like if they were to do "Kirby" "Donkey Kong" or "Golden Sun" where there is pretty much only one choice and choosing anything else would just be a curveball for the sake of a curveball

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I dunno, I could think of quite a few other mons they might do
It just seems a bit too obvious they want to push Cinderace as gen 8's star, seeing as how Gou's Scorbunny evolved way too quickly even with the anime's Covid delay.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah Pokémon's chances are like 80% Cinderace, 15% Intelleon, and 5% the generation's more popular Pokémon.
That's exactly what I mean when I say that a Poke Ball guessing game would spark more discussion than "Yeah, yeah, it's the soccer furry, now where's the next fighter?"

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I'm still on the Meowth train. He's always relevant thanks to the anime, and he's been given an Alolan and Galarian form that could work as alts. Not to mention he has one of the coolest Gigantamax's in the game that would make for a perfect final smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's the Joke.
ah, the classic "it was just a prank bro" to save face

the same can be said about water aswell
i just like the funny monkey, i fell out of pokemon after game freak made gen 7: definitive edition to throw the middle finger at my wallet. now i dont touch any pokemon product anymore.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Not really. Smash fans tend to think gen 3/5 are bigger omissions and there's also the Meowth fans.
The other options on display are more realistic picks, for example, I could see them picking Mimikyu, Scizor, Gardevoir, Deoxys, Darkrai, or Zoroark, but Eevee's importance to the series leads me to believe that it was probably the pick in this scenario. Remove Eevee from the equation and you have a much fairer game.

the same can be said about water aswell
I'll say the same about Grass. Just...no more starters plz.

i just like the funny monkey, i fell out of pokemon after game freak made gen 7: not-as-good edition to throw the middle finger at my wallet. now i dont touch any pokemon product anymore.
Fixed.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’d love Calyrex if we get a Gen 8 Pokémon.

Other picks of mine:
-Inteleon/Gexit
-Dracovish
-Falinks
-Sirfetch’d
-Impidimp
-Corviknight
-Hatterene (or another of its line)
-Dragapult
-Snom

Oracle Link

Smash Master
ah, the classic "it was just a prank bro" to save face

i just like the funny monkey, i fell out of pokemon after game freak made gen 7: definitive edition to throw the middle finger at my wallet. now i dont touch any pokemon product anymore.
I want Nothing Substanial from Gen 8 in Smash and i think the chances are relativly high that we get nothing its probably the worst main Games in the Franchise and (rightly) the most hated ones they probably should stick with Torterra or Grovile they arent from bad games and Dp will get (probably bad) Remakes so yeah

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It has a lot going for it, but Cinderace is far from guaranteed to be the next Pokémon rep should any of the remaining characters be a Pokémon.

If Cinderace is the only Gen 8 Pokémon people want to predict, then that's sort of their own problem. Imagine the irony if Nintendo announced that the next fighter was a Pokémon, and the fans complain because, "It's so obvious that Cinderace is the fighter". Then people spend several weeks being pessimistic and negative only for the character to be revealed and not be Cinderace.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
The other options on display are more realistic picks, for example, I could see them picking Mimikyu, Scizor, Gardevoir, Deoxys, Darkrai, or Zoroark, but Eevee's importance to the series leads me to believe that it was probably the pick in this scenario. Remove Eevee from the equation and you have a much fairer game.
one could say eevee has been removed from the equation

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It’s what I nicknamed my Inteleon.

I decided to include it because it’s a joke combo of Gex and “Dexit.”
Oh OK. I would have laughed so hard if it was one of its official names.

one could say eevee has been removed from the equation
We were talking about a guessing game for Poké Ball summons specifically, so it would be in that equation.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
If we're limited to gen 8, I would love to see Orbeetle. Toxtricity and Corviknight are also really cool and would be great. My top picks from each generation I'd like to see are Gengar, Houndoom, Deoxys, Gliscor, Cofagrigus, Clawitzer, Golisopod, and Orbeetle.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Good lord. If the Gen 8 fighter is going to be anything like the arms reveal then...

I'd rather kill myself Professor Farnsworth.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom