• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Pokemon and their Trainers (in my ideal timeline)
Pikachu gets Ash
Jigglypuff gets Misty.
Charizard is separated with Red & Leaf
Squrtle, Ivysaur, and Pichu are the New Pokemon Trainer, with the Trainer now being Nurse Joy.
Lucario gets Korrina, blame Mega Evolution later.
Greninja gets Sun & Moon, mostly due to how their the only other Trainers besides Ash who can use Ash Greninja.
Incineroar gets Professor Kukui, mostly due to his Canonical Wrestler Alter Ego.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Come on y’all

ur sleeping on the true galaxy brain choice

Jecht.

hearing Otherworld in Smash would be soooo badass and I loved his rushdown style in dissidia

and his VO in Japanese is a walking JoJo reference

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
So we all know about the "good boys and girls" thing, right? How Mai is too scantily clad and stuff.
How the **** did Krystal get through then?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So we all know about the "goid boys and girls" thing, right? How Mai is too scantily clad and stuff.
Furries don't count as people so the rating boards don't care, which is why they let Blaziken have a visible penis.

In all seriousness, being a furry anthro probably does count as different like how Hollywood can get away with gruesome gore in kid movies because they're aliens with blue blood instead of actual humans

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
In broad strokes, I'd probably make changes like these to the original cast:
  • :mario64: Give the character more emphasis on movement options. This would allow for the character to pretty much keep the core design, spruce it up to bring it up to the standards of later characters, and all without complicating the character all that much.
  • :dk64: Nothing much. Might swap out his Side Special for something involving barrels.
  • :kirby64: Make copy abilities change Kirby's normals based on what type of abilities they are. This would be more work, but would make balancing them a bit easier. Also make the other Special Moves suck less.
  • :fox64: Nothing. Do not touch him.
  • :pikachu64: Probably nothing. His moveset does kind of feel old, but it's also perfect for him.
  • :luigi64: I don't really know other than that he should change to reflect the new stuff Mario has.
  • :falcon64: Nothing. Do not touch him.
  • :ness64: Nothing. He's good as is.
  • :jigglypuff64: I honestly don't know. Whatever changes I do make would pretty much be to allow her to be better without making her design quite as infuriating.
  • :yoshi64: Instead of Egg Lay, I'd turn his normal grab into an egg lay and toss that works similar to how it does in the Yoshi series. Then I would put in something to replace Egg Lay.
  • :samus64: I would try to implement 2D Metroid's movement mechanics, and go from there. She'd probably change the most to be honest. If Dark Samus stays, then she would automatically be different, as she wouldn't use the new movement mechanics (among other things).
  • :link64: I really don't know. Changing him slightly based off of the latest Link is a pretty smart, but it also makes him less of a good representative of the series as a whole. Likewise, some sort of composite Link would be able to represent the series better, but would quickly become dated. This is probably why there's three of them in the official titles. EDIT: Regardless of what route I'd take, I'd probably keep the general mold that the character already has, and make sure the other two Links represent their games better.
in my opinion the pokemon trainer switching mechanic is important because it actually represents the gameplay of pokemon
Pretty sure everyone would agree with you. It's just that DarthEnderX despises the mechanic and wants it gone from Smash forever.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I think it’d be cool to give each standalone pokemon a trainer, but the current form of the three gen 1 starters is fine, actually represents pokemon properly.

Heres an idea I had, what if Pikachu and Pichu were turned into 1 fighter?
Like you start as Pichu, an Exp bar slowly charges over the course of the match. Once filled you can then evolve into Pikachu, and Raichu after that. I think that’d be a fun mechanic. It would also make reference to evolutions, which is probably the biggest pokemon thing not in Smash.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think it’d be cool to give each standalone pokemon a trainer, but the current form of the three gen 1 starters is fine, actually represents pokemon properly.

Heres an idea I had, what if Pikachu and Pichu were turned into 1 fighter?
Like you start as Pichu, an Exp bar slowly charges over the course of the match. Once filled you can then evolve into Pikachu, and Raichu after that. I think that’d be a fun mechanic. It would also make reference to evolutions, which is probably the biggest pokemon thing not in Smash.
Cool mechanic but not for Pikachu. Use that for Agumon, the Digimon Rumble Arena games did that after all

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I am Once again Shilling Story Of Seasons

Nintendo seems to be doing that as well. I honestly think a SoS rep has a good shot ngl.

(For those who don't know, Story of seasons was Harvest Moon until there was some rights shenanigans between Marvelous and Natsume)

EDIT:
The Cows are the only creature that can rival Slimes from Dragon Quest in the realms of objective perfection

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Hey, didn’t anything end up happening to that side Gamefreak game? The one with the generic placeholder name and soundtrack composed by Toby Fox? I haven’t heard anything about it for a while. Did it come out or get canceled or something?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hey, didn’t anything end up happening to that side Gamefreak game? The one with the generic placeholder name and soundtrack composed by Toby Fox? I haven’t heard anything about it for a while. Did it come out or get canceled or something?
It came out and was mediocre to the surprise of no one.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Little Town Hero?

It released October 2019 on the Switch and has since gone multiplatform.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Little Town Hero? It came out in 2019 and was rightfully completely **** on for being garbage

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I believe it's more important that a character's general "feel" is fitting to them more so than they have a lot of references to their home abilities. I don't mind that Mario only uses a few old powerups for his specials and nothing else because Mario is supposed to be a simple fundamentals character. From that perspective, I feel like most of the original 12 are fine, though not having played Earthbound or much Metriod or Star Fox I'm not in a great position to say that.

This is where I would say Falcondorf is OK, except that I would really like him to be good, and I don't think that's going to happen unless he gets reworked.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Nintendo seems to be doing that as well. I honestly think a SoS rep has a good shot ngl.

(For those who don't know, Story of seasons was Harvest Moon until there was some rights shenanigans between Marvelous and Natsume)

EDIT:
The Cows are the only creature that can rival Slimes from Dragon Quest in the realms of objective perfection

Look, I love SoS as much as the next guy, but I highly doubt the farmer has any sort of shot

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Huh, it is kinda weird how CERO be like:
Well, Tharja did eventually make it in as a spirit in Ultimate, albeit it was as a 2D PNG rather than a 3D model, and it had to use her in game portrait rather than her official artwork.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Well, Tharja did eventually make it in as a spirit in Ultimate, albeit it was as a 2D PNG rather than a 3D model, and it had to use her in game portrait rather than her official artwork.
Your point still stands, but I was more referring to the fact that they had to remove her Trophy in the previous game.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Furries don't count as people so the rating boards don't care, which is why they let Blaziken have a visible penis.

In all seriousness, being a furry anthro probably does count as different like how Hollywood can get away with gruesome gore in kid movies because they're aliens with blue blood instead of actual humans
Even Nintendo had to change blood colors for lower ratings.

Image result for ganondorf green blood

SharkLord

Smash Hero

EDIT:

Think I've heard of this series before, brought up as a darkhorse candidate. Please, tell me more. I want to know what's going for them.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Oh god, please don't make me remember that Korrina existed, I beg you I don't want to see Lucario ever again if that happened.
I just figured they'd use the PC trainers from each Pokemon's gen.

Except you'd have to double up on Gen 1. Make Red the trainer for Pikachu and Charizard, Leaf the trainer for Ivysaur and Jigglypuff, and Blue the trainer for Squirtle.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Wark-a-doodle-doo to you lot. I just woke up after dreaming that Bottles the mole was our next DLC fighter... while the presentation was held in some sort of interior garden. What weird dreams do you lot have related to Smash?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Wark-a-doodle-doo to you lot. I just woke up after dreaming that Bottles the mole was our next DLC fighter... while the presentation was held in some sort of interior garden. What weird dreams do you lot have related to Smash?
I had dreamt that Min Min was the ARMS fighter...using her design from ARMS 2 which had grey hair.

...Yeah I don't know either.

Still not as weird as the dream where I lived with Waluigi, and his crush, a nondescript anime girl, and then went on to a roman style coliseum in order to win a pillow fight battle royale though.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Even Nintendo had to change blood colors for lower ratings.

Image result for ganondorf green blood
That also reminds me of how an early boss in FF8, the fake president/zombie dude, had his guts changed from red-orange to blue-green to retain a T rating in the west

...tfw we get Squall for Smash now. I’d take it tbh

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I had a dream where Geno fans were so mad at him getting deconfirmed, they released a mod that made every character in the game Geno, but it was one of those mods where the model gets stretched squished depending on the skeleton.

That wasn't the weird part, though. The weird part was that one of those Geno fans (don't remember their username, but it was VERY obvious they took the deconfirm particularly hard) found a way to turn the mod into some kind of virus that began infecting every copy of Smash Ultimate out there, so that EVERYONE had the mod whether they wanted to or not. It got so bad, Nintendo had to issue a worldwide recall of the game, basically destroying any evidence this version of the game existed, until they could hopefully rerelease it fixed.

...What did I eat that night?

D

Deleted member

Changes I'd make to the old cast:

-Give Ganondorf a completely unique moveset. Make Black Shadow Captain Falcon's echo and give him Ganondorf's old moveset.
-Replace Mario's FLUDD with Cappy.
-Make each of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon a separate character, give every Pokemon except Mewtwo a trainer.
-Give Chrom a new unique moveset. Make Lucina his echo. Make Roy Marth's echo.
-Give Young Link and Toon Link different subweapons so they aren't just using the same Bow/Bomb/Boomerang combo as Adult Link.
-Give Falco the Sniper Rifle and Wolf the Machine Gun from StarFox Assault.
-Expand the definition of Echo to include Dr. Mario and Pichu.
All really good ideas. I'd be down with all that (except the striked out portion lol).

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I had a dream where Geno fans were so mad at him getting deconfirmed, they released a mod that made every character in the game Geno, but it was one of those mods where the model gets stretched squished depending on the skeleton.

That wasn't the weird part, though. The weird part was that one of those Geno fans (don't remember their username, but it was VERY obvious they took the deconfirm particularly hard) found a way to turn the mod into some kind of virus that began infecting every copy of Smash Ultimate out there, so that EVERYONE had the mod whether they wanted to or not. It got so bad, Nintendo had to issue a worldwide recall of the game, basically destroying any evidence this version of the game existed, until they could hopefully rerelease it fixed.

...What did I eat that night?
Geno's psychedelic, highly-explosive ashes, seasoned with powdered AK-47 assault rifles. At least, that's my theory.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
So we all know about the "good boys and girls" thing, right? How Mai is too scantily clad and stuff.
You can use the camera to get under Krystal's loincloth, and she has visible private parts. Of course, CERO doesn't care because she's a furry.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
WELL uh

this conversation is getting kinda

uncomfortable

real fast

has uhhhh has anyone checked the... playlists lately? IDK ANYTHING TO NOT TALK ABOUT THIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom