• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I like a lot of the stuff conceptually, but such having such a slow heavy and vulnerable character is a recipe for disaster to me, no matter how much damage he does. It's hard to evaluate knowing the size and frame data of a lot of the attacks, but I'd definitely recommend adding super armor to a lot of areas in your suggested moveset (super armor is a pretty easy bandaid for heavy characters in Smash in general), like his neutral B and perhaps some of his Smashes/Tilts. If he's gonna be a slow and lumbering titan, he should at least feel menacing and unstoppable while he walks up to his opponents.

I'm loving the potential moveset discussions in general. Someone please post a Phoenix Wright moveset next.
The curses (thats a much better name, thank you) are kinda supposed to make up for the bad frame data. Like PH is dragging down opponents down to his level (or lower than his level). Though some more super armor couldn’t hurt I suppose.

As for a Phoenix Wright moveset, I may have something in store soon.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
The curses (thats a much better name, thank you) are kinda supposed to make up for the bad frame data. Like PH is dragging down opponents down to his level (or lower than his level). Though some more super armor couldn’t hurt I suppose.

As for a Phoenix Wright moveset, I may have something in store soon.
Yeah, I get what you were going for, but I think it's better to go all in to try to make the character stronger rather than play it too safe. It's Pyramid Head, after all, he's supposed to be scary as ****. A character centered around debuffs is going to be unfun to play against no matter what, so he may as well be fun to play. As is, a heavy character with bad frame data, slow movement, and no horizontal recovery is just going to spend the entire time getting beat around. Super armor would be one way to help him with that, though there are also other options like just making all of his attacks have wide reach or cover large areas. I also think that the two different curses removing each other is kind of counter-intuitive. Personally I think it would be better if both specials (and perhaps some other normals or something) applied the same debuff - which both slowed and reduced opponent knockback power, still stacking up to 3 times.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait. Hold up.

A Special move that gives Pyramid Head an aura that debuffs those near him was an idea and I just realized how to visualize it.

The fog.

No, seriously, fog was super important for the game's atmosphere and slightly obscuring PH slightly also gives him an advantage as you can't quite tell what he does. We already have characters with visual clarity issues in general so a temporary effect using that isn't too bad

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I see no reason why they wouldn’t at this point. Everything Ultimate has done so far has been a resounding success on all fronts and its proven that the sales of the Fighters Pass 2, while almost certainly lower than Base and FP1, is still holding the attention of what is basically the entire industry and is still pulling in truck loads of money. There’s no reason to start over right now.
Except there is, considering licensing costs, the Switch having higher sales than the Wii U, and the possibility of the next Nintendo console having backwards compatibility with the Switch.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Pollocks here to stay.

Awesome! Glad to see that he's coming back - he's amazing in that role.

Also, that first sentence gave me flashbacks.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
REAL
We found out who FP9 is :bowsette:

No way! Brawl is getting it's own fighter pass after 13 years since it released?

But seriously, I always wondered what it'd be like if Nintendo made dlc for their old games like Super Mario World. Maybe when they get to N64 online we'll get dlc for Ocarina of Time. That'd be cool.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
No way! Brawl is getting it's own fighter pass after 13 years since it released?

But seriously, I always wondered what it'd be like if Nintendo made dlc for their old games like Super Mario World. Maybe when they get to N64 online we'll get dlc for Ocarina of Time. That'd be cool.
I genuinely think this could be amazing, but at the same time, would have to be done well. I can imagine it very easily being badly recieved.
I can just imagine, like, new cosmetics in Star Fox 64 and you could play as, say, Pit or Samus in her gunship. Hell, maybe even Sonic in the Sonic R design in Mario 64 with an improved, Adventure style control scheme. I know that this all sounds like modding but it's genuinely an idea that I feel like could be done well.

I mean, on an unrelated note I really like the low-poly aesthetic - I particularly remember one game on the Switch eShop (Sky Rogue specifically looks pretty cool) and I feel like, if they were to re-release something like N64 games and the like, I'd love to see it done in a modern low-poly style as opposed to just the ROMs (but again, only if this was done well)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pollocks here to stay.

I should be happy but Im more so pissed they let go of Sonic, Amy and Tails VA like they are nothing but oh no, hes fine to stay

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I should be happy but Im more so pissed they let go of Sonic, Amy and Tails VA like they are nothing but oh no, hes fine to stay
Tails’s VO only said she wasn’t doing Prime. She might not be off the Sonic series as a whole yet

Roger Craig Smith and Amy’s VO tho? Yup, totally retired

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Tails’s VO only said she wasn’t doing Prime. She might not be off the Sonic series as a whole yet

Roger Craig Smith and Amy’s VO tho? Yup, totally retired
If Tails does get a new VA for Prime I'm hoping it's Kathleen Barr.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Sega how about i change Sonics Voice again but yeah we Japanese Folk deserve a never Changing Actor you Plebs do not

I mean really why do english Dubs always change the voices so often

I mean even in Germany we still use Mark stachel in X and Generations and beyond (the other games where English)

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
When you find out this is an actual Nintendo thumbnail...

Now I'm going to be disappointed when the next Sakurai Presents thumbnail doesn't have Sakurai wearing a paper mask of the character he presents next.
You gotta respect the fact that they could have just edited the face over like a meme, but they printed a full paper mask instead.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
It woukd be weird to have tails voiced by someone who isnt a chick but I think it coukd work.

Plus I just wanna make persona jokes lol
I think it would work too. I don't think Tails voiced by a male voice actor is weird at all especially if their voice is really high pitched.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Yeah, on the subject of new content for a new Smash game, the thing I really have to wonder about is the Single player content. World of Light had some good ideas, some of the Spirit fights and the Bosses are pretty fun to fight, but there isn't alot of replay-ability for yourself once you complete things.

I honestly think the times when it was replayable was when it had the platform modes, like Melee's Adventure Mode, the Race to the Finish part of Melee's Classic Mode, and Smash Run. Smash Run was very replayable just because of how fun it is to fight against enemies from different series while prepping up for that final showdown by going around a big map with platform elements while Adventure was fun for going through the different stages from different series, which World of Light sorta had this with some parts of the map and the dungeons.

I feel like they should really try to bring a platforming-based mode into the next Smash. Like some possibilities would be:

-A pseudo Metrovania-like mode where you fight against enemies from different series and have to follow a series of paths to the different bosses in a bit of a linear fashion, but enough choice to decide which end goal or boss you fight at the end. Something like Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

-Smash Run, but expanded upon. Like for one:

Give an Options menu like Kirby Air Ride & City Trial to let you:
-Control on how much time the match is.
-What end game you'll do.
-Whether Events will happen or not.
-Which enemies you will face, etc.
New enemies from different series to fight against.
New powers to use, like an power to summon a specific Assist Trophy or Pokeball ally.
Some new events like an Event where you find and fight against certain Assist Trophy characters or Bosses.
Maybe possibly an additional map or two to play in that are more based on different game series in Smash.
-A straight-forward Adventure Mode like Melees with a bit of elements from Subspace and Smash Run, like doors, but also go full Mario Maker on the Stage Creator to allow players to not just make Custom Stages for Smash, but Custom Adventure Mode stages. All the stuff on Adventure Mode can be used in Stage Creator. And there are a big list of enemies from different series that you can place in Adventure mode stages. And for Adventure Mode, a main mode where you do the game's original Adventure Mode stages and a Mode where you do a series of created Adventure mode stages sorta like Mario Maker's 100 Mario Challenge.

Yeah, those are my dream content, but I do think the next Smash Bros.' single player should try to focus on platforming as the platforming-focused modes were the parts that I felt were really replayable.
[/QUOTE]No jokes this is actually my dream content too... And I really think that some of those things could spice the single player experience greatly. (I have had extremely similar ideas, but I think is because smash ultimate have a glaring hole with the shape of those ideas mostly.

At least... A board the platforms, break the targets maker with different default stages for every character

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Because you guys speak of VAs let me ask on your opinion on these Va Topics

1st. How do you find it that Goku is voiced by a Woman in japanese

2nd. What do you think of Smash Meta knight

3rd. Do you think that Zeldas german Botw voice is better than her English one

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Tbf they stopped doing that for a reason, you'd have to replace the VA every 2 years or so
Yeah, it gets hard to use child actors when the character is supposed to remain the same age forever.

...As for who I think should be Tails' new voice, dang, I never once thought about Cassandra Lee Morris voicing Tails but that could actually work.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So curious question given how much stock folks are putting into Crash. How certain are you that he's among the final 3?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So curious question given how much stock folks are putting into Crash. How certain are you that he's among the final 3?
Still fairly certain. One cancelled project isn't a death knell, especially since, if he is in, negotiations already happened long before the cartoon fell through.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
What about Tails voiced by Laura Post? Now Tails will be having Kasumi's voice actor.
I think he's one of the most likely DLC character's. He's just a pick that makes sense, with Nintendo recognizing him as a gaming icon and he's also very popular in the Smash fanbase and iconic outside of it. If they were going to go for a big pick, they'd go for either him, Chun-Li or Dante.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wouldn't say I'm as confident in his chances as I am for Ryu Hayabusa's, but I feel like he's pretty likely. I'd understand if he isn't included (since there are so many options out there and only three spots), but I'd be a little surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom