• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I wonder what an old visual novel character would even look like in Super Smash Bros...
They should add Manny from Grim Fandango and he control the same way the original game did. You push your joystick up to move in the direction you're facing, and if you want to change direction you need to rotate by pushing the joystick left or right.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Probably because of the syntax? Usually English has "I'm wondering what this thread is smoking" in that situation.

Huh, never noticed that. Probably because the strange stuff was seeing Wario together with 80s horror villains. Then again, might not be the strangest moment in the Mario comics...

... Since we have the time when Peach ate Mario's bowling ball.

View attachment 300965

Wait, Link's in the comic too? And the demon's name is from a ****ing 16th century occult book? And Mario, Link and Kirby grab Van Helsing's stuff to counteract the 80s horror bad guys? Wuh-wha-huh-WHAT?

Okay, I take it back, this is the strangest Mario comic.
you should see the one where Mario is sent back in time by Dr.Wily and meets Joe & Mac and The Lost Vikings before going to an alien planet to Ice Skate with the Battletoads

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Is that before or after she betrays the school and her friends, becoming a blood thirsty dictator and unleashing her emo boyfriend onto the unsuspecting masses?
You mean the dictatorship that she sparked because of her hatred for a fundamentally flawed system that sparked because of terrible experiments she endured that drastically shortened her lifespan and greatly traumatized her?

Last edited:
He doesn't even have any sort of poison skill in Three Houses.
I know. It's a shame because he talks about it at least 5 times. I actually find him to be a rather boring unit. He's just a normal archer with a wyvern mount that doesn't do anything (and probably wouldn't work in Smash).

I also would want Dimitri to have a command grab, because otherwise he'd probably be a normal spear boy and that doesn't really represent what the character is about. Dimitri (in part) is about brute strength and savagery. Claude's thing is wits and trickery, and limiting him to his in-game battle mechanics won't get that across.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
What a coincidence. Everyone is talking about the German Nintendo comics I found this one while browsing twitter.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I know. It's a shame because he talks about it at least 5 times. I actually find him to be a rather boring unit. He's just a normal archer with a wyvern mount that doesn't do anything (and probably wouldn't work in Smash).

I also would want Dimitri to have a command grab, because otherwise he'd probably be a normal spear boy and that doesn't really represent what the character is about. Dimitri (in part) is about brute strength and savagery. Claude's thing is wits and trickery, and limiting him to his in-game battle mechanics won't get that across.
For his down special, he shoves your skull down your spine

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Is that before or after she betrays the school and her friends, becoming a blood thirsty dictator and unleashing her emo boyfriend onto the unsuspecting masses?
Kind of an unfair thing to say considering everything but the school beytayal and dictator parts only happen in Dimitri's route.

Even then the dictator part is different in routes that aren't Dimitri's, since she's only bloodthirsty in his route.

In other words, I can tell you only played Azure Moon because that route really ruined her character :p

You mean the dictatorship that she sparked because of her hatred for a fundamentally flawed system that sparked because of terrible experiments she endured that drastically shortened her lifespan and greatly traumatized her?
Also this.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
...Uh, yeah. That one.

Kind of an unfair thing to say considering everything but the school beytayal and dictator parts only happen in Dimitri's route.

Even then the dictator part is different in routes that aren't Dimitri's, since she's only bloodthirsty in his route.

In other words, I can tell you only played Azure Moon :p
Firstly, I was just trying to be satirical. I fully understand the real context. Secondly, lol nice try, but no, I played all four story routes including the DLC and have over 200+ hours on the game and I can testify that she was pretty brutal in more routes than just Dimitri's as evidenced by her efforts (or at very least the efforts of her minions) to kill you in all routes but the one where you join forces with her. Granted, there's a special place in my heart for the Black Eagle route since that was the first one I played and the Black Eagles are my favorite house, but I think it's justified to have opposing opinions about Edelgard. I can certainly see the reason for her motivations, though I don't fully agree with her execution of said motives.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
...Uh, yeah. That one.
Or how if you think Edelgard is evil, she's still far less ****ed up than Rhea, who has hidden the fact that Crests are born from the slaughtering of her family by ancestors of those Crest bearers, with the Relics and Stones being those relatives' bones and hearts, all to uphold a system where those with a Crest get to have power over those who don't and ensure her Church gets to keep its power over the continent of Fodlan, leaving countless tales of people being unjustly abandoned by their family and forced to survive as criminals only to be executed by Rhea's hand as "punishment" simply because their blood wasn't special?

That civilization is hella racist when you think about it, and Rhea encourages it while Edelgard tries to stop it.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It really is bizarre when you look at how this topic has progressed:

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield -> Sonic and Elise's relationship vs. Jessica & Rodger Rabbit's relationship -> the heck is this conversation? -> this is where our souls burn lol -> weird German Mario crossover comics -> the heck is this conversation?

Where will we go next? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It really is bizarre when you look at how this topic has progressed:

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield -> Sonic and Elise's relationship vs. Jessica & Rodger Rabbit's relationship -> the heck is this conversation -> this is where our souls burn lol -> weird German Mario crossover comics

Where will we go next? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!
There's some Edelgard talks already, so I guess you didn't need to axe where we'd go next? :p

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Probably because of the syntax? Usually English has "I'm wondering what this thread is smoking" in that situation.

Huh, never noticed that. Probably because the strange stuff was seeing Wario together with 80s horror villains. Then again, might not be the strangest moment in the Mario comics...

... Since we have the time when Peach ate Mario's bowling ball.

Wait, Link's in the comic too? And the demon's name is from a ****ing 16th century occult book? And Mario, Link and Kirby grab Van Helsing's stuff to counteract the 80s horror bad guys? Wuh-wha-huh-WHAT?

Okay, I take it back, this is the strangest Mario comic.
...Do I want to ask what the clown suit has to do with Peach swallowing the bowling ball?

German Club Nintendo comics didn't give a heck and got away with stuff that's absolutely bizarre. Like whatever the actual [redacted] is going on here.
There's being ticklish and then there's being so ticklish you can get tickled with ******* boots on.

This was one of the first Mario comics I came across as a kid, it certainly uh.... left an impression on me.
You know that stuff about Nintendo games being satanic and making kids evil?

They got the company right, but the product wrong. :4pacman:

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What WOULD help is more rumors...

...IF WE HAD ANY!
I feel like the Internet as a whole has decided the rumor well dried up and nobody believes them anymore.

That and Nintendo Ninjas are apparently real or so I heard, and I don't think anyone wants to tango with them, so everyone is playing it safe by... not throwing their hat into the rumor ring.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If we're talking Three Houses, I was thinking we could have a Byleth semiclone that uses the Sacred Items instead of the Relics. They'd have less power, but would have a passive healing effect instead. The original idea was a random thought based on Sitri, but based on popularity and moveset options I think I'd go with Lysithea (Also because we get to see her heaving a giant axe over her head). Since since also very fragile we could potentially implement a self-harm mechanic like with Pichu, so the Sacred Weapons heal you but the magic hurts you (Plus being extremely lightweight)

SKX31

Smash Master
What WOULD help is more rumors...

...IF WE HAD ANY!
Oh goody. Rumors..... again.

Holographic Meatloaf - Album on Imgur

When am I going to get some REAL leaks?!
I'll just let Civ VI's Hojo Tokimune summarize my own thoughts:

In other words, I have no clue when or where something new will come.

...Do I want to ask what the clown suit has to do with Peach swallowing the bowling ball?
I don't have the comic (or any other comic) with me, but then again, the German Mario comics seem to be about as consistent as the AI-created movesets.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If we're talking Three Houses, I was thinking we could have a Byleth semiclone that uses the Sacred Items instead of the Relics. They'd have less power, but would have a passive healing effect instead. The original idea was a random thought based on Sitri, but based on popularity and moveset options I think I'd go with Lysithea (Also because we get to see her heaving a giant axe over her head). Since since also very fragile we could potentially implement a self-harm mechanic like with Pichu, so the Sacred Weapons heal you but the magic hurts you (Plus being extremely lightweight)
I don't think a Byleth semi-clone would do justice for Lysithea.

Anna would probably be the best pick due to being a highly-recurring character and as always been a merchant, so it'd make sense for her to carry multiple weapons.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't have the comic (or any other comic) with me, but then again, the German Mario comics seem to be about as consistent as the AI-created movesets.
Which are...weirdly consistent.

EDIT: Considering how often it gives characters demonic attacks.

Anna would probably be the best pick due to being a highly-recurring character and as always been a merchant, so it'd make sense for her to carry multiple weapons.
I'd question why Anna has ancient relics, but it would probably be on brand for her to have them.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Yeah, it's more or less a rough outline. Went "Hey, this would be cool" and tried to find someone who would fit. I do think it could work with Lysithea on the basis that she'd be using the healing effect to get around how fragile she is, but realistically she'd probably be pure magic.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
What's happening is that we're all really bored cause there's not much to say about newcomer speculation that hasn't already been said a million times already.
Well, if we want a new discussion, I still think Balan Wonderworld would make a good Spirit Event.

And since I'm talking about Balan Wonderworld, I'm probably gonna have to talk about... recent events.

Okay, so I know a lot of people have been disappointed by the demo. Like, a LOT of people. But naturally, because this is my most anticipated game this year, I went and tried it anyway. And to be honest? I thought it was okay. Not great, and I can definetly see why people don't like it, but I honestly had a good time with it. Admittedly, being a demo meant there wasn't TOO much to offer, but it gave me a good idea of what to expect, as well as some things that weren't mentioned before, like how you can take costumes found in later chapters into previous ones and find more collectables. And I was playing the Switch version, which is apparently the worst version.

Though, I am known for having low standards, so I might not be the best guy to talk to about it. Still, I figured as the guy who keeps Balan Wonderworld-posting on this thread, I figured I should comment on it.

But anyway, yeah, Spirit Events are cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom