• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Aside from Bayo3 becoming the new HL3, they also elaborated on their thoughts on the PS5, a possible Star Wars game, a quick note on Astral Chain, and how the true final reveal of Platinum4 is yet to come
1611941579726.png

Taking the AC part because Astral Chain takes top priority
(Note that I'm using a different source, which you can see here)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Clearly Nintendo announced Bayonetta 3 earlier than they should but I guess this is what happens when you make early announcements to generate hype among fans when development has barely started. Similar case with Metroid Prime 4.
And SMTV.
And Pikmin 4.
And inevitably BotW2
And Project GG though tbf that's Platinum not Nintendo.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The one about how a Tales rep would have their reveal and/or Sakurai Presents timed to be before the Tales anniversary livestream, like with Steve and MineCon. The problem is that it keeps getting associated with the anniversary itself rather than the livestream, and I sorta feel responsible for pushing the anniversary-based reveal theories.
Don't worry. I'm pretty sure the anniversary hyperfocus was a big thing long before you breathed that theory.

All you did was keep those hyperfocused people fed :4pacman:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And people wonder why Nintendo waits until right before release...
Only announcing stuff like 2 months before release isn't exactly an optimal strategy either, you want to build up on hype over time, not just go "Hey this exists and comes out next month see you then" like they did with their biggest original games last year

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
We did get SMTV news and a release date eventually tho...
It's been 6 months since and we've heard nothing in that time. I'm willing to give Atlus **** for Nocturne as that's the typical Atlus thing but V's worldwide release suggests Nintendo's got a big hand in it
personally I think the best

to be fair they didn't formally announce pikmin 4, miyamoto was just like "yup, it's coming!"
He also said it was close to finish

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Considering Retro has only just released a hiring post about a month ago where they're looking for a boss/ai designer I'm starting to think we won't see the game this year.

It'll release in 2022 if we're lucky.
But companies constantly hire people. That's not a problem. Saying this because every time Retro Studios posts a job offer people goes like "Prime 4 is in development hell" or "looks like they're still in early development" and that's not it. I mean, they could be having problems, but hiring posts aren't really related to that because developers leaving/joining companies is a frequent thing in the industry.

Also, them looking for boss/AI designer doesn't mean they just have started with that. It could mean the previous employee left, or that they need more than 1 guy for that role, which sounds like a good thing to me by the way.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
yeah, I know, that's still not a formal announcement though.
It's still 5 years of a game being "nearly finished" with nothing to show for it.

So chances are either the entire thing got cancelled or development has restarted entirely like with Prime 4.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Am I going crazy? I could’ve sworn there was some pikmin 4 news in a direct that happened sometime in the last year.

On another note, today just so happens to be the anniversary of me buying my switch. So imo Nintendo should announce something today.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Am I going crazy? I could’ve sworn there was some pikmin 4 news in a direct that happened sometime in the last year.

On another note, today just so happens to be the anniversary of me buying my switch. So imo Nintendo should announce something today.
That was Pikmin 3 Deluxe. A Wii U port.

Speaking OF Wii U ports... y’all missing the one game that matters MOST...
1611942911753.jpeg

let her in.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

You might be thinking of the 3DS spinoff Hey! Pikmin, which came out in 2017.

I don't know if that's the Pikmin 4 that Miyamoto referred to or if it is something completely different.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Half-life fans literally just got what is without a doubt a masterpiece of VR. The first. I think they’re doing fine.
I fully agree but if you want to get a VR Headset that is compatible with Alyx it will run you 600 bucks easily.

and if you want a Valve made one it's uhhhh....

Screenshot_63.png

There are options like the Oculus and Dell, but they require massive amounts of tinkering or Require Facebook

Sorry about this but I needed to go on a VR Rant^tm

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I fully agree but if you want to get a VR Headset that is compatible with Alyx it will run you 600 bucks easily.

View attachment 300947

There are options like the Oculus and Dell, but they require massive amounts of tinkering or Require Facebook

Excuse me WHAT THE $&#%?! JUST FOR ONE GAME???

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

View attachment 300947

deep inhale

BOI.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

SharkLord

Smash Hero

View attachment 300947

...Well, at least I have the opportunity to use this again
IsaacNani.jpg

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Alright Smashboards why did I just read 4 pages of discussion on anthro-human relationships

Seriously though what the ****
I mean, I wish I could say it's the weirdest discussion I've witnessed here, but I can't.

On the bright side, at least it's still better than Shared Content. Mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom