• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I guess I missed the Prediction talk, but I'll still post my Predictions anyway

Scorpion
Elma
Shadow the Hedgehog

Probably in that order as well. I also predict the Spirit event today won't be anything special unfortunately, but still be interesting to see what it is

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Idk I still think the River City spirit event before a playable ArcSys character doesn’t bode well for an arcsys rep. Square was an exception cause it already had two playable characters beforehand (Cloud and Hero) and they weren’t gonna drop the returning Geno costume with someone not from Square Enix.

ArcSys is a new company who hasn’t received playable rep, why spoil their presence beforehand?
I don't think Nintendo really cares about "spoiling a companies presence" when only the hardcore fandom really cares about that stuff. The majority of the playerbase is full of casual players who only think "Oh hey, more Spirits to fight. Sweet." If anything, it helps them; Nintendo would go to them for Sol or Ragna first, then quickly go back and nab some River City Spirits while the door's still open. If you didn't know anything about them, you wouldn't be able to find any connection between River City and the ArcSys fighters unless someone told you they were owned by the same guys.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't know, I just have a hard time imagining them as deluxe Miis
Knuckles and Tails I think could work as Deluxe Miis to be honest, especially if you base them on their Classic Proportions. Knuckles especially would work well since the Brawler Moveset fits him really well (though of course nowhere near perfect). I guess the only issue is that they would have one expression on their face mostly, but then again Sonic kind of has that problem anyway since he's been sterilized since Smash 4, so you know

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
ArcSys is a new company who hasn’t received playable rep, why spoil their presence beforehand?
Why would it matter? If Sol or Ragna got into Super Smash Bros., it would be cool because Sol or Ragna got into Super Smash Bros., not because ArcSystem Works is now involved with the game.

EDIT: The "company reveal" also isn't in the context of the fighter like the SNK leak was, so it's not like there was any surprise to spoil either.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Why would it matter? If Sol or Ragna got into Super Smash Bros., it would be cool because Sol or Ragna got into Super Smash Bros., not because ArcSystem Works is now involved with the game.

EDIT: The "company reveal" also isn't in the context of the fighter like the SNK leak was, so it's not like there was any surprise to spoil either.
I don't think that's the arguement, it's not

"Arc Sys is involved with the game, So we are not gonna add in Sol or Ragna"

It's that Arc System was decided not to get a Fighter in FP2 (whether Sol or Ragna), and the River City spirits is a hint that that was the conclusion to Arc Systems potential attempts at a Full fighter in FP2

It's the same logic with how Bethesda probably isn't getting a fighter in FP2 because of the Vault Boy costume, same thing with something like the Ubisoft costumes

Now because the notable series of Guilty Gear and Blazblue weren't the actual franchises that were spirited, and that Spirits aren't as much of a selling point as Mii costumes or Fighters are, there could be the argument that perhaps they could still be in, but I understand if people thik that Arc Systems getting any form of content around FP2 lifecycle, implies they weren't chosen for a Challenger pack spot

SharkLord

Smash Hero
From what I can gather, Spirits are just quick little things Nintendo nabs to add a bit more content to the game. You don't have to pay money or anything, they just swipe them when they can and plop them in. It's not like the Mii Costumes, which require some modeling and actually cost something.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't think that's the arguement, it's not

"Arc Sys is involved with the game, So we are not gonna add in Sol or Ragna"

It's that Arc System was decided not to get a Fighter in FP2 (whether Sol or Ragna), and the River City spirits is a hint that that was the conclusion to Arc Systems potential attempts at a Full fighter in FP2

It's the same logic with how Bethesda probably isn't getting a fighter in FP2 because of the Vault Boy costume, same thing with something like the Ubisoft costumes

Now because the notable series of Guilty Gear and Blazblue weren't the actual franchises that were spirited, and that Spirits aren't as much of a selling point as Mii costumes or Fighters are, there could be the argument that perhaps they could still be in, but I understand if people thik that Arc Systems getting any form of content around FP2 lifecycle, implies they weren't chosen for a Challenger pack spot
That's not what was said though, and since unrelated Spirits don't have anything to do with fighter packs, I don't think this logic holds up either. Unless Sol or Ragna would go the Terry route and include Spirits from all of ArcSystem Works (which I don't believe would make all that much sense since neither really deal with mascot fighters like that and ArcSystem Works has a lot of licensed titles), then there's no reason to believe that River City Spirits would be included on the Spirit board, and thus, it's impossible to know if the Spirit Event happened because ArcSystem Works is getting nothing else, or if they're just there because they can be.

The argument makes sense for Mii Fighter costumes because Mii Costume waves are often company themed, but even then the character could come with a series themed wave (depending on who it is), which would mean that other costumes could come independently.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No spirit event will deconfirm GG in my eyes unless it...actually involves Guilty Gear characters. Please don't let this post predict tonight’s spirits.
TOO LATE YOUVE JINXED IT 😈

also omg I’m still not over someone in the old thread deadass jinxing Travis getting mii’d l m a o

SharkLord

Smash Hero
No spirit event will deconfirm GG in my eyes unless it...actually involves Guilty Gear characters. Please don't let this post predict tonight’s spirits.
Don't worry, it's just BlazBlue. Now all of Sol's competition is gone and he is free to join Smash and break into your house

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Don't worry, it's just BlazBlue. Now all of Sol's competition is gone and he is free to join Smash and break into your house
If I had a nickel for every time that a video game character broke into my house I'd have 2 nickles, which isn't much, but it's weird that it happened twice, no?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is modding your Switch worth it though? I'd rather not get banned over a mii costume.
They technically have anti-ban apps... idk how it works but it’s effective, you just gotta remember to run it when you go online I guess? Idk how it works really but they have those countermeasures in place

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I guess I missed the Prediction talk, but I'll still post my Predictions anyway

Scorpion
Elma
Shadow the Hedgehog

Probably in that order as well. I also predict the Spirit event today won't be anything special unfortunately, but still be interesting to see what it is
I don't expect to see Shadow before the likes of Tails or Dr. Eggman. It would be like Wario getting in before Luigi or Bowser.

Pillow

Smash Lord
I never saw it for Heihachi, never saw people lament it for the likes of Knuckles, nothing else like that. We've had deluxe costumes 6 characters ago, so Geno's recency clearly isn't a factor if nobody else had it
Maybe not, but if people did say "it'd be nice if they had full costumes" I don't think anyone would've thought less of them for it. There's also nothing wrong with wanting a full Geno costume. Wanting more isn't always the same as entitlement.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
It does seem kinda strange to introduce a company to Smash with ancillery stuff like spirits before giving them a character. It'd be like we got the Octopath Traveler or Mana spirits before we even got Cloud or Hero.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I don't expect to see Shadow before the likes of Tails or Dr. Eggman. It would be like Wario getting in before Luigi or Bowser.
Then again we got Sephiroth over another protagonist of a different Final Fantasy Game (or Kefka) soooooooooooooooo.........................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom