• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I don't expect to see Shadow before the likes of Tails or Dr. Eggman. It would be like Wario getting in before Luigi or Bowser.
Would it? Last I checked Shadows the one with a Spinoff game and is largely the second most used protagonist in modern games.
While Tails is easily the Luigi of the classic games. I’d argue Shadow is the Luigi of the modern era.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Would it? Last I checked Shadows the one with a Spinoff game and is largely the second most used protagonist in modern games.
While Tails is easily the Luigi of the classic games. I’d argue Shadow is the Luigi of the modern era.
I love the implication that Luigi drives a motorcycle, swears, and uses a gun.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Would it? Last I checked Shadows the one with a Spinoff game and is largely the second most used character in modern games.
But who was Sonic's Player 2 and first debuted?

Tails of course. How I basically see the comparisons.

Mario = Sonic
Tails = Luigi
Peach = Amy
Bowser = Eggman
Knuckles = Donkey Kong
Wario = Shadow

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I mean, Tails got his own games too. The Archie comics even referenced them.
but tails is sonic's player 2
But who was Sonic's Player 2 and first debuted?

Tails of course. How I basically see the comparisons.

Mario = Sonic
Tails = Luigi
Peach = Amy
Bowser = Eggman
Knuckles = Donkey Kong
Wario = Shadow
I feel like I should reiterate that I see Shadow as the MODERN era Luigi. Tails had his own games and was the player 2 in the Classic Era easily.
But that role has passed over to Shadow as of late.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I feel like I should reiterate that I see Shadow as the MODERN era Luigi. Tails had his own games and was the player 2 in the Classic Era easily.
But that role has passed over to Shadow as of late.
still disagree.

1. Tails still consistantly has major roles while shadow often doesn't show up

2. Shadow's relationship to sonic is closer towards wario's relationship to mario. Tails is Sonic's sidekick, Shadow is Sonic's rival. Luigi is Mario's sidekick, Wario is Mario's rival

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
If any assist gets promoted to DLC. It's going to be Waluigi.

No ifs or buts.
Do keep in mind that if any character that's an assist gets promoted, they'll likely do so on their own merits and not "ok let's promote an assist trophy, who do we pick?" so there's really no easy way of knowing who'd hypothetically have priority for sure

I mean, I remember people back then saying that if any spirit got promoted, it'd have to be Dee or Geno or whoever, yet here we are with funny noodle lady. All of the circumstances behind Min x2 being our first spirit promotion make me feel like I have reason to believe that if assist'd characters are on the table, Sakurai and the other decision-makers likely would treat them like any other character and not as a designated promotion slot.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
No spirit event will deconfirm GG in my eyes unless it...actually involves Guilty Gear characters. Please don't let this post predict tonight’s spirits.
If we actually get a spirit event for Guilty Gear (which would be random but not as random as that Warframe spirit they added lol) I'm gonna blame you :(

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I feel like Shadow may had that role in the 2000s, but since the 2010s, the role has been passed back to Tails.
Since when?

Last time I checked, Classic Sonic had been a playable sidekick in more games than Tails since Generations.

Sonic's Player 2 is literally himself.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If we actually get a spirit event for Guilty Gear (which would be random but not as random as that Warframe spirit they added lol) I'm gonna blame you :(
I apologize in advance.
Instead of Isaac, instead, we get his son Matthew as among the three final DLC fighters.
The difference between Min Min and Matthew is that you CANNOT make a moveset for Matthew that would look awkward on Isaac. I will never stop reminding people of this.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The difference between Min Min and Matthew is that you CANNOT make a moveset for Matthew that would look awkward on Isaac. I will never stop reminding people of this.
Because Isaac, Felix, and Matthew all learn similar abilities and equip similar kinds of weapons.
Sounds to me like you're saying two opposing opinions.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Sounds to me like you're saying two opposing opinions.
Still, a couple of Dark Dawn references would not be the same as Min Min having several kicks, no way to use the ARMS of other ARMS fighters, and her dragon arm ability. There was no way for her to come with Spring Man as an alt in that state.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I see where you're coming from, but I also think Zero and Knuckles should have full mii costumes. Give it to all the big headed short limbed characters!
I wish they'd go back to ALL of the character specific Mii Costumes and give them the Sans/Cuphead treatment.

And yeah, some characters like Geno, Goemon and Protoman naturally fit a Miis proportions and others like Heihachi, Travis and Barret don't, but I still think just making a chibi model for those characters would look 100% better than just the "Mii cosplaying as that character" look they have now.

Turn Miis into playable Nendoroids and I'm totally down for that.

Anyway, saw the new G&G trailer, let's talk about that.
Uh, actually pushes up glasses, the proper abbreviation is GnG.

And it looks great. The artstyle is kooky, but not inappropriate for that series. Definitely getting it. Hope it leads to Arthur in Smash obviously.

We come into a tacit agreement that the promotion of an assist trophy for DLC is possible while I wasn't looking?
No. We just never agreed that it was impossible in the first place.

Only if he comes with his timeskip look:
Gross...chinstrap beard doesn't work with blonde.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Still, a couple of Dark Dawn references would not be the same as Min Min having several kicks, no way to use the ARMS of other ARMS fighters, and her dragon arm ability. There was no way for her to come with Spring Man as an alt in that state.
As long as the bulk of the moveset could apply to both, I don't see how having references to Dark Dawn really hurts or makes things look awkward.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
As long as the bulk of the moveset could apply to both, I don't see how having references to Dark Dawn really hurts or makes things look awkward.
I was never trying to say that Dark Dawn references would be awkward. Rather that they wouldn't be as bad as Spring Man having a moveset clearly based on Min Min's default ARMS and abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom