• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
......wait what the **** did I miss

CATCH ME UP TO DATE
@Tougon came back to the dead to give some info about how the internal files don't have any patterns, rendering stuff like Voice Theory and the 16 slots useless. However, he also added a fake leak about a codename for "Flame." It was a %$#@posty joke about Homura, but everyone took it and ran wild with it, even though he admitted it was fake multiple times.

So yeah. For that moment, Fire Theory was winning.

Shroob

Sup?
@Tougon came back to the dead to give some info about how the internal files don't have any patterns, rendering stuff like Voice Theory and the 16 slots useless. However, he also added a fake leak about a codename for "Flame." It was a %$#@posty joke about Homura, but everyone took it and ran wild with it, even though he admitted it was fake multiple times.

So yeah. For that moment, Fire Theory was winning.
I return to my slumber.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I thought that was :4cloud2:'s thing :4pacman:
Nah Cloud is barely an edgelord. He may look like that at first glance or with minimal interactions, but in reality he's kind of a dork. His portrayal outside of OG FFVII (and so far, FFVII Remake) might have built a different perspective for a lot of people, but if we stick to his OG game, which is the most important one for obvious reasons, he's pretty much the opposite of an edgy guy or an emo character, a description people have used from time to time for Cloud and I don't think it's really appropiate.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Nah Cloud is barely an edgelord. He may look like that at first glance or with minimal interactions, but in reality he's kind of a dork. His portrayal outside of OG FFVII (and so far, FFVII Remake) might have built a different perspective for a lot of people, but if we stick to his OG game, which is the most important one for obvious reasons, he's pretty much the opposite of an edgy guy or an emo character, a description people have used from time to time for Cloud and I don't think it's really appropiate.
I was being completely sarcastic with my original post.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I played FF7 for the first time recently, and I have to agree; Cloud tries to act edgy in non-serious situations, which probably makes him one of the funniest characters in the game. That being said, he still has plenty of badass moments.
It was a %$#@posty joke about Homura, but everyone took it and ran wild with it, even though he admitted it was fake multiple times.
Okay, so just to be clear... which Homura are we talking about?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Okay, so just to be clear... which Homura are we talking about?
Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Started as a anime (I thought it started as a manga, but did some research and found it did begin as anime) and is ineligible, but I believe Sakurai once posted a tweet featuring a piece of merchandise with her on it.

I think...
Pyra's Japanese name.
Huh, today I learned, though I wonder how Pyra would work in Smash without Rex.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I kinda see it more like making Echo Fighters, since it would be the exact same model doing different moves.
That makes it the exact opposite of an Echo fighter, which is different model, same moves.

Him only ripping his shirt in his FS would be certainly cool, but he has a few crazy moves in the series they could use as a FS. Climax Heat Actions from Yakuza 5 could work very well, just add some effects and flashy visuals to make it more appropiate for a FS:

I also have another possible FS in mind but it's a bit spoilery.
Is it this? :p

7NATOR

Smash Master
Are you still confidant about the leak with Shadow, Scorpion, and Elma?
To answer your Question

I wrote that leak. All of the Shadow, Scorpion, and Elma leaks (except for one, since I think someone was mocking me) were made by me. Making fake leaks is a favorite pass time of mine

But at the end of the day, I rather be a Prophet than be under the illusion of being a leaker, or in other words, Predict the next 3 rather than leak the next 3

I'm certain on Scorpion and Shadow being playable 100%. I thought Shadow would be revealed first, but I think Scorpion would come next to be honest. The Ryu Amiibo thing kind of makes me think Scorpion is coming very soon. I know people like to attribute either Sol or Chun-Li to the amiibo thing, But I think it means Scorpion. Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter is a selling point Nintendo would use

Elma I'm confident in, But I go between her and Euden, but I think there's more in Elma's Court

My predictions come from no Bias at all (despite Shadow being my Most wanted). I looked into some of the Ingame hints, the Amiibo theory, and looked at each character individually

zumaddy

Smash Ace
"I'd rather fall into a bush of briar,
then see another man from Emblem of Fire!"

"I've had stronger and meatier broths,
than the man who calls himself Sephiroth!"

"That food stinks, put it in the bin,
Oh wait, that smell is just Min Min!"

Terrible attempt at Grunty's Misguidance DLC

7NATOR

Smash Master
What is this fire theory you guys speak of?
It might refer to 3 things

1. The fake codename that @Tougon made as a "Leak", which became a speculation point today, but probably will rightfully be treated as a joke that managed to get people to at least speculate about it

2. Shroob Shroob Fire theory, which states that every character in FP2 has Fire Moves. Min-Min, Steve, and Sephiroth have fire moves, so there's the theory the next 3 fighters will have fire moves as well

3. I never talked about this, but I do think there's a possibility that the lack of a Fire based tourney (since there are many characters that have fire moves) might suggest that one of the next 3 fighters has heavy relation to Fire perhaps

cothero

Smash Lord
To answer your Question

I wrote that leak. All of the Shadow, Scorpion, and Elma leaks (except for one, since I think someone was mocking me) were made by me. Making fake leaks is a favorite pass time of mine

But at the end of the day, I rather be a Prophet than be under the illusion of being a leaker, or in other words, Predict the next 3 rather than leak the next 3

I'm certain on Scorpion and Shadow being playable 100%. I thought Shadow would be revealed first, but I think Scorpion would come next to be honest. The Ryu Amiibo thing kind of makes me think Scorpion is coming very soon. I know people like to attribute either Sol or Chun-Li to the amiibo thing, But I think it means Scorpion. Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter is a selling point Nintendo would use

Elma I'm confident in, But I go between her and Euden, but I think there's more in Elma's Court

My predictions come from no Bias at all (despite Shadow being my Most wanted). I looked into some of the Ingame hints, the Amiibo theory, and looked at each character individually
Your faith in these characters touches me. As a Scorpion fan myself (he's the character i want most), i wish i could be as confident as you, but i just can't see Nintendo aproaching Sakurai to ask him to put a character like Scorpion in the game like they did with Steve. From a selling point of view, you could be right, MK is big deal. As for the Nintendo "family friend" point of view... Not so much.

But i'll be damn happy if you end up being right.

Shroob

Sup?
It might refer to 3 things

1. The fake codename that @Tougon made as a "Leak", which became a speculation point today, but probably will rightfully be treated as a joke that managed to get people to at least speculate about it

2. Shroob Shroob Fire theory, which states that every character in FP2 has Fire Moves. Min-Min, Steve, and Sephiroth have fire moves, so there's the theory the next 3 fighters will have fire moves as well

3. I never talked about this, but I do think there's a possibility that the lack of a Fire based tourney (since there are many characters that have fire moves) might suggest that one of the next 3 fighters has heavy relation to Fire perhaps
I'd like to add an addendum that I made Fire Theory as a joke theory, no one should take it seriously.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why would this thread be talking about a theory you never told anyone about

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Personally, I think the "M and S" leak is pretty credible. Claims that every character's name in this pass will start with either the letter "M" or the letter "S".

I'm being facetious, but sometimes that's really how speculation feels in this thread.
To think, if we got Spring Man, it would've all been "S"s

cothero

Smash Lord
Personally, I think the "M and S" leak is pretty credible. Claims that every character's name in this pass will start with either the letter "M" or the letter "S".

I'm being facetious, but sometimes that's really how speculation feels in this thread.
Huh? This sounds more like a theory than a leak. Could you elaborate that (or provide a link for this theory/leak)?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Your faith in these characters touches me. As a Scorpion fan myself (he's the character i want most), i wish i could be as confident as you, but i just can't see Nintendo aproaching Sakurai to ask him to put a character like Scorpion in the game like they did with Steve. From a selling point of view, you could be right, MK is big deal. As for the Nintendo "family friend" point of view... Not so much.

But i'll be damn happy if you end up being right.
Warner Bros. Was Worried Mortal Kombat 11 Wouldn't Be "Nintendo-Friendly" - Nintendo Life

Nintendo themselves actually re-assured Warner Bros that there is an Audience for Mortal Kombat on Nintendo.

So at the least, Nintendo does see the value of Mortal Kombat with Nintendo audiences. granted this is probably on the NOA (and maybe NOE) side, as MK11 is officially available in Japan, but NOA is still apart of Nintendo , and also perhaps apart of the character decision process

I also like to mention that Ed Boon has been supportive of a MK character since 2015. a Big part of why Banjo got in for example was because of the support from Phil Spencer himself

Still, Scorpion does have the major obstacle of Mortal Kombat not officially being sold in Japan, but I think he can get in spite of that problem, and I think he will.

Why would this thread be talking about a theory you never told anyone about
Exactly. but now that I talked about it, you can too!

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Still, Scorpion does have the major obstacle of Mortal Kombat not officially being sold in Japan, but I think he can get in spite of that problem, and I think he will.
Granted this is probably on the NOA (and maybe NOE) side, as MK11 is officially available in Japan
I was so confused till I realized it was a spelling mistake.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Probably worth clarifying, but Mortal Kombat was sold in Japan. Very quickly it did stop being sold, though. But the idea it was never localized is false. It's no longer being allowed to be regularly ported/translated is an obstacle, but it's being ever so slightly exaggerated. There is no "banned". It's "they choose not to localize/translate it" and that's it.

That does hurt it, but honestly the difference is just in the argument being used for information behind it. IMO, I don't think anything really changes overall. It not being sold anymore in Japan is a pretty big deal. Nintendo still wanting it makes sense. Just not in Japan. Though it'd be much worse if it never actually got localized there in the first place.

cothero

Smash Lord
Probably worth clarifying, but Mortal Kombat was sold in Japan. Very quickly it did stop being sold, though. But the idea it was never localized is false. It's no longer being allowed to be regularly ported/translated is an obstacle, but it's being ever so slightly exaggerated. There is no "banned". It's "they choose not to localize/translate it" and that's it.

That does hurt it, but honestly the difference is just in the argument being used for information behind it. IMO, I don't think anything really changes overall. It not being sold anymore in Japan is a pretty big deal. Nintendo still wanting it makes sense. Just not in Japan. Though it'd be much worse if it never actually got localized there in the first place.
Thanks for clarifying that. That's a sentence repeatedly used by people who thinks Scorpion's chances of getting in as a character are null.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Random Thought: What if they added a Sim, and it's thing was that you had a set of three random goals and aspirations that you could meet to gain powerful new abilities. So like, one match, your Sim would want to Meteor Smash an opponent, Parry three times, and Grab the opponent 5 times. Upon completing these you would gain better dunk setups, a powerful counter or something (EDIT: Perhaps that or something could be a Rivals of Aether style Parry), and a command grab. Then in another match, your Sim could want to land a 5 hit combo, keep from being K.O.'ed for a set amount of time, and taunt (without canceling) a silly number of times, with each goal met giving you an appropriate new tool to work with.

I'd keep the pool decently small so as not to introduce goals that directly conflict with one another, but it could still make for a character who's strategies changed from battle to battle. Alternitively, the goals could be set on the character select screen or through a Down Special, which could be even more interesting depending on the implementation. Like, instead of reacting to your Sim's goals, you can set one to work with at the start of the match, and then set another one after you reach the first one, and a third after you reach that one. That way instead of reacting to what your Sim wants, you can set your own goals to follow throughout the match. It would also allow for silly or niche goals like getting K.O.'ed so many times or catching so many items.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Random Thought: What if they added a Sim, and it's thing was that you had a set of three random goals and aspirations that you could meet to gain powerful new abilities. So like, one match, your Sim would want to Meteor Smash an opponent, Parry three times, and Grab the opponent 5 times. Upon completing these you would gain better dunk setups, a powerful counter or something (EDIT: Perhaps that or something could be a Rivals of Aether style Parry), and a command grab. Then in another match, your Sim could want to land a 5 hit combo, keep from being K.O.'ed for a set amount of time, and taunt (without canceling) a silly number of times, with each goal met giving you an appropriate new tool to work with.

I'd keep the pool decently small so as not to introduce goals that directly conflict with one another, but it could still make for a character who's strategies changed from battle to battle. Alternitively, the goals could be set on the character select screen or through a Down Special, which could be even more interesting depending on the implementation. Like, instead of reacting to your Sim's goals, you can set one to work with at the start of the match, and then set another one after you reach the first one, and a third after you reach that one. That way instead of reacting to what your Sim wants, you can set your own goals to follow throughout the match. It would also allow for silly or niche goals like getting K.O.'ed so many times or catching so many items.
I really love this idea and each of the alts could be an iconic sim from the previous games.

One of my most wanted Mii hats is a Plumbob, So I hope that happens at least at some point in the future of the universe.

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
A Sim has been one of my "Never Happening, but would be Amazing" Picks for the longest time and that is such a cool way to implement them.

I've been thinking about how they could work in some ways.
Neutral B: Something with the Plumbob
Side B: Carpool Picks them up and Drives them fast to the other side of the stage, acting like Warios Bike.
Up B: Abducted by Alien Tractor Beam before it loses strength and drops them.
Down B: Change Outfits (With Each Outfit having its own Ability.)
  • Everyday being the standard outfit
  • Formal makes them harder to launch
  • Athletic makes your attacks stronger
  • Sleepwear gives The Sim a Snooze Aura that makes anyone they get near fall asleep
  • Swimewear makes it so your Sim can last a bit longer in water before drowning
  • Naked/Pixelated occurs at random as a gag

Final Smash could be Summoning the Grim Reaper that would work 2 Ways.
  • If it Hits an Opponent, the Reaper Reaps them. (Not Instakill unless over 100% Maybe)
  • If it Misses an Opponent the Sim Pleads for their Life and the Reaper heals them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom