• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If we don't we go back to Cacomallow.
Another post complaining about 4chin like that and I start the topic. You've been warned. :210:
I have legit not seen a single person discuss this leak since I returned to this website. Or ever actually, but that's because I was out of the speculation game for quite some time.
We're bored.
Surely there are better ways to pass the time?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I agree with you mostly... My thing is there is an awful lot of shade getting tossed around and it's like why who gives a **** are we so insecure at smash's future that even a lower budget title in the same genre deserves so much hate?

I can't speak to the Deb teams choices about animation but I personally think it may have been a way to make the game smoother online. But this decision has definitely added to these notions of the game being "jank" or "cheap."

And beside all that when has a first entry in a fighting game ever been comparable to an established successful fighter on its 5th iteration?

Meh.
Honestly the community should know better. I mean have they seen Super Smash Bros. Melee? :4pacman:

Technomage

Smash Champion
I remember being quite bored and wanting Nintendo to release the DLCs as soon as possible, but then I took a very long hiatus from this forum (I lost track of how long, though) due to being so obsessed with playing Skyrim (and mods just made it even longer). Maybe others could find a game as immersive and full of content as Skyrim, complete with mods that are easy to find and install (such as Steam Workshop mods)?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'm a farmer, I could talk to you about what I'm harvesting currently but I don't think it's the appropriate thread for that.
We are talking about speculations for Smash in a Smash speculation thread, it's not bizarre. And for the first time in a year we actually have a "leak" that didn't get debunked in two hours. Plus I'm listening to music and waiting for my pizza in the meantime, might as well dig in. :080:

Last edited:

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
as well as 'Disney Music' not sounding like a real division of Disney to me.
It's real, but its full name is Disney Music Group, or the DMG. Most of the Kingdom Hearts soundtracks are released under Walt Disney Records, one of its subsidiaries. Which poses another question - is Walt Disney Records autonomous enough that any request to use KH music would go to them, or is that decision up to the DMG? Note that WDR's distributor is Universal Music Group. Would they have to be involved somehow as well?

All questions I have no answer to, as I know nothing about the industry in question.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
What is a person over at DMG who's up-there enough to be privy to confidential negotiations even doing on /v/ misspelling the word character...? Like, bro, you have a life.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
What is a person over at DMG who's up-there enough to be privy to confidential negotiations even doing on /v/ misspelling the word character...?
Taylor Swift went to /b/ (or /pol/ I don't recall) a few times. That's not unreasonnable to believe some high-profile people spend times on 4chan.
Granted the leak is most likely fake but even successful people can waste time on this website.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
It's real, but its full name is Disney Music Group, or the DMG. Most of the Kingdom Hearts soundtracks are released under Walt Disney Records, one of its subsidiaries. Which poses another question - is Walt Disney Records autonomous enough that any request to use KH music would go to them, or is that decision up to the DMG? Note that WDR's distributor is Universal Music Group. Would they have to be involved somehow as well?

All questions I have no answer to, as I know nothing about the industry in question.
Thanks for the info.

To an extent, I feel like if they were an official intern, they'd refer to it correctly as DMG or WDR - it reminds me of fake Nintendo leaks that incorrectly refer to NCL (Nintendo Co. Ltd) as NOJ (Nintendo of Japan). However, I don't know if actual leaks go to this mile, and if they were an official intern, they'd probably keep their mouth shut about it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What is a person over at DMG who's up-there enough to be privy to confidential negotiations even doing on /v/ misspelling the word character...? Like, bro, you have a life.
Maybe they were typing so fast to post and not get caught and made some mistakes?

still don’t believe it tho

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Maybe they were typing so fast to post and not get caught and made some mistakes?

still don’t believe it tho
But it's not like they had anything to show. They could have just waited until they got home or boarded the bus in that case. I'm kind of just being an ass with regards to the latter bit, though, haha.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, I can play any game or even IRL I'm busy. Speaking of games, I better get ready for another Scream Fortress once October rolls in.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
10 days to go y'all. We can all do this! The countdown is finally here!

If we don't we go back to Cacomallow.
Another post complaining about 4chin like that and I start the topic. You've been warned. :210:
I would not be surprised if there are still idiots who believe in that.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assuming and that's a big if Sora is the final fighter, it would make sense for him being the sixth slot.

Perhaps negotiations fell through during Pass 1 but eventually Nintendo and Disney managed to make a deal thus throwing Sora into Pass 2 as an additional character.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
If there's a Sora mii costume, then I wholly expect it to be sold separately from the mii wave.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If there's a Sora mii costume, then I wholly expect it to be sold separately from the mii wave.
Wdym?

hold on

what if that bonus space is reserved for a Sora Mii that’s free for a limited time if you own both passes?

idk just spitballing here

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I don't think AAA companies that don't already have some sort of presence in Smash will get a Mii Costume unless they get a full character. Even Ubisoft had the Rayman and Rabbids spirits.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't think AAA companies that don't already have some sort of presence in Smash will get a Mii Costume unless they get a full character. Even Ubisoft had the Rayman and Rabbids spirits.
Counterpoint; there’s no Spirits of Fallout or Skyrim

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Here's my two $1M questions on this whole predicament:

1) If Sora is happening, will Disney content of ANY king show up? Even something as minor as the Mickey Mouse emblem on Sora's key blade?
2) Would Disney be willing to get involved in Smash in a situation where Sora was only Mii'd?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Here's my two $1M questions on this whole predicament:

1) If Sora is happening, will Disney content of ANY king show up? Even something as minor as the Mickey Mouse emblem on Sora's key blade?
2) Would Disney be willing to get involved in Smash in a situation where Sora was only Mii'd?
Maybe. My name is not Disney so I don't know what they would be willing to do or not do. :luigimelee:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Maybe it could get content from other Disney games (including possible original IPs (I don't know of any such things owned by Disney, though))?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Chances are however this leak regarding Sora is likely to be fake.

Still expecting a character we weren't expecting as seen with Joker, Terry, Sephiroth, and Kazuya.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Wait I went back a few pages and saw talk about that 40 name list again
I don't 100% buy it but I can't help but notice that someone I have in mind for this pack is on it.

😳

Caboose70

Smash Rookie
Alright, we're coming down it. The final fighter. I can't wait, so I'm putting out my final predictions on who I think it'll be
Phoenix Wright
Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief
Ryu Hayabusa
Dr. Robotnik
..... and Sora as my wild card
Either way, I'm just happy to have a new character, so even when it turns out to be someone else, I'll have enjoyed the ride!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
What kind of characters would we not be expecting? All I can think of are lesser-known western IPs.
Easily, characters from franchises we dismissed because most people thought they were out for X or Y reason.
Sephiroth because he is from FF7 and we assumed they wouldn't give it more representation.
Pyra and Mythra because Rex became a costume and we assumed they wouldn't give us a Xenoblade 2 character that is not Rex.
Kazuya because we got a Tekken costume and assumed we wouldn't get a Tekken character.
Someone like a Resident Evil character that is not Jill, Leon, Chris could become playable yet unexpected for example.

Alright, we're coming down it. The final fighter. I can't wait, so I'm putting out my final predictions on who I think it'll be
Phoenix Wright
Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief
Ryu Hayabusa
Dr. Robotnik
..... and Sora as my wild card
Either way, I'm just happy to have a new character, so even when it turns out to be someone else, I'll have enjoyed the ride!
Welcome to the board!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What kind of characters would we not be expecting? All I can think of are lesser-known western IPs.
A first party?

I’m still banking on Octoling. Or if you want a real surprise, Off the Hook (like how the Heihachi Mii heralded Kazuya and the Rex Mii heralded Pyra/Mythra, what if the Squid Sisters Miis hinted at Pearl & Marina?)

ok That’s a crackpot theory but still

also - we get a fourth S-E rep but it’s not Sora. It’s Neku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom