• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
why don't you all want to predict any of these three?

Ahri __ ( League of Legends ) via Riot Games & Tencent

Master Chief __ ( Halo ) via 343 Industries & Microsoft

Matoi __ ( Phantasy Star Online 2 ) via Sega

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
OK I gotta say it

Had this character in mind for like an hour now and I kinda like the idea:

or the CoC king maybe

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Characters we're not thinking of?

How about I show you who'd be the ACTUAL great Sony rep for Smash:

I'd also be cool with Wild Arms 3's main protagonist:

I don't think this franchise or ANY Sony franchise is getting into Smash Bros Ultimate, but when the **** else am I ever going to bring up Wild Arms?

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm really out of hype fuel to make another character guess. I know there are still plenty more characters out there, but my mind settled on this one.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Characters we;re not thinking of?

I don't think this franchise or ANY Sony franchise is getting into Smash Bros Ultimate, but when the **** else am I ever going to bring up Wild Arms?
This would be the most based Sony option and it makes me sad that it'll never happen

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Battletoads
Fulgore
Lu Bu
Oda Nobunaga
Magus
Velvet Crowe
Bill Rizer
Joanna Dark
Illidan Stormrage
Arthas
Sarah Kerrigan
Diablo
Nightmare
Gengar
Goomba
Etna
Lilith
Etna
Medusa
Jena Anderson
Bugzzy
Zegram Ghart
H’aanit
Sub-Zero
You uh

you listed Etna twice lmao

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm in a weird position of being excited and not excited at all for the last character.

On one hand, I feel like for the first time in forever people aren't flocking to specific characters and acting like it's not a matter of "if", but "when" those characters will be added. It's pretty easy to bring up a character nowadays without everyone briefly glancing at the character before bringing up Crash or Geno once again. On the other hand, the energy feels low, and that makes it hard to get invested. I guess knowing that we're down to a final character has made a lot of people accept that it's probably over for a lot of their favs, so the debates and theories aren't as rampant.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Didn't we discuss this not too long ago?

Master Chief has been predicted and talked about plenty and Ahri's not far behind. Only recently has Phantasy Star in general been getting attention and I'm still sticking with my Phantasy Star prediction.

But seriously, Master Chief and Ahri have been talked about lots, so of course people want to discuss other potentials than just the same ones over and over.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
OK I gotta say it

Had this character in mind for like an hour now and I kinda like the idea:

or the CoC king maybe
Clash of clans would be goated in smash. Would prefer a clash royal rep though. Gimme the elite barbs or the lava hound.

Last edited:

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Someone quick! Think of as many characters we're not thinking about that could be the last fighter!
Pepper Roni (Lego Island)
Wei Shen (Sleeping Dogs)
Juan Aguacate (Guacamelee)
Artyom (Metro)
Mae Borowski (Night in the Woods)
Water Drain Pipe (Cities: Skylines)
An entire planet at 1:1 scale (Elite) (will increase game size to several hundred gigabytes)
FV4034 Challenger 2 (War Thunder) (anyone using this fighter will be extradited to the United Kingdom for viewing classified British Army material)
NASA Astronaut (Moonbase Alpha)
Vito Scaletta (Mafia)
日 (Learn Japanese to Survive)

None of these will happen now. Sorry to anyone who was hoping for them. I did absolutely not look through my Steam library to come up with any of these.

SKX31

Smash Master
Didn't we discuss this not too long ago?

Master Chief has been predicted and talked about plenty and Ahri's not far behind. Only recently has Phantasy Star in general been getting attention and I'm still sticking with my Phantasy Star prediction.

But seriously, Master Chief and Ahri have been talked about lots, so of course people want to discuss other potentials than just the same ones over and over.
That - especially the latter - feels pretty damn weird to see (even if it is true). Says quite a lot about how speculation has changed as a whole.

Especially since she's mentioned as one of League's "mascots" for the most part and not much about her actual abilities / lore (granted, MOBA lore is oftentimes in the background and / or really wonky sometimes, but still).

Okay, I'll admit that I haven't talked much about her abilities either, but still, Smash doesn't have many characters who can dash instantly to a destination, and her multiple projectiles could be really fun in the context of Smash. The closest I can think off are the teleports, but they're not exactly alike.

Speaking of characters who can do that and are almost never mentioned around here:

One of the underrated Capcom reps and I'll gladly die on that hill.

sorry guys but like, the fighter is already revealed, speculation over
time to close the thread? :4pacman:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Because I've little faith in any of them?
Same reason to not predict any character, really.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

I think if we get an SMT rep it's not garunteed to be Nahobino. Could be Demi Fiend.

People sleep on Mortal Kombat a lot. I could see Scorpion or Sub Zero

Maybe Nintendo saw the positive reaction to Banjo and went "Let's put Conker in too to recreate that"

We've talked about the Legends Arceus starters, but what if it's Samurott or Typhlosion instead of decidueye since we already have a gen 7 starter?

Is Nintendo perhaps bringing back a dead series like Custom Robo or Sin and Punishment? Because Ray MKIII and Saki are no longer assist trophies.

Everyone's expecting a big Microsoft character, but what if we get a big Sony character instead? Ratchet and Clank would fit perfectly in smash.

I'm not betting on any of these characters to be honest, but I could see any of them as potential curve balls.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Someone quick! Think of as many characters we're not thinking about that could be the last fighter!
The hill I'll die on - Jason and SOPHIA from the Blaster Master series, a pair that are in my opinion some of the most underrated, but plasusible, picks for the final slot - paired with classic roots on the NES, a very successful modern revival with the Zero series - ESPECIALLY on the Switch - and a laundry list of moveset potential with various items in the games, as well as the gimmick of being able to just... get into a tank, would make them fun, unique, relevant, historical, and interesting!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Pepper Roni (Lego Island)
Wei Shen (Sleeping Dogs)
Juan Aguacate (Guacamelee)
Artyom (Metro)
Mae Borowski (Night in the Woods)
Water Drain Pipe (Cities: Skylines)
An entire planet at 1:1 scale (Elite) (will increase game size to several hundred gigabytes)
FV4034 Challenger 2 (War Thunder) (anyone using this fighter will be extradited to the United Kingdom for viewing classified British Army material)
NASA Astronaut (Moonbase Alpha)
Vito Scaletta (Mafia)
日 (Learn Japanese to Survive)

None of these will happen now. Sorry to anyone who was hoping for them. I did absolutely not look through my Steam library to come up with any of these.
The sad thing is that you know there's SOMEONE out there who unironically wants water drain pipe.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Part of me wants you to be right only because I like it when other people get characters they want and squeal in joy.
I also want you to be right because gosh darn, Hayabusa and Doomguy have been widely speculated on for over 2 years now regarding Ultimate DLC and I kinda want both of them to get SOMETHING in this game, whatever it may be

7NATOR

Smash Master
Something I got to add

Could whatever September presentation that's rumored just be a Separate Smash Presentation?

It could be coincidental or not, but every "Last Character" that had been revealed in Smash since we started getting these elaborate reveals, were in a Smash focused presentation, rather than a regular Direct

Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt were revealed in the 50 Fact extravasngatsa, Bayonetta (along with Corrin before) was revealed in the Final Smash Broadcast. Incineroar and Ken were revealed in the Final Smash Direct, Byleth was revealed in the Last FP1 Sakurai Presents

If we go by history, couldn't we get a Similar treatment here. This would especially be true if like the other Last Character reveals, CP11 is a character that is Most Associated with Nintendo in Some way, whether the character is Nintendo themselves or they have a Large appeal to Nintendo Fanbase already

At this point, the only difference between having CP11 be revealed in a Direct and having CP11 be revealed in a Separate presentation would just be delay in timing, and to be honest, Nintendo does not need Smash anymore to hype up their Directs. Smash Ultimate is on it's last character to reveal and the game is about to be 3 years old at this point, and Nintendo has very hype games in the upcoming future.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Probably because people don't think they're likely (or in LoL/PSO2's case, aren't familiar with the series either). Chief was actually brought up lots in this DLC cycle though, I've no idea why you think he wasn't.

Still a tiny bit surprised the LoL 4chan leak survived to this day.
I mean, I don't think it did, and I say this as the owner of two LoL threads. I don't see any reasonable way someone would know CP11 that far ahead (almost two years).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yo

what if Gunvolt was the last character

Gunvolt 3 and Luminous Avenger iX 2 are on the way

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Too bad Sony has seemingly abandoned their Japanese side in favor of appealing to the West...

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I cannot wait for the announcement of the final character, specifically being The Human Manifestation of the Trolley Problem, as their reveal for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be very exciting. However, I will be disappointed when The Narrator of The Stanley Parable and his echo fighter, Bennett Foddy from the hit indie game Getting Over It With Bennett Foddy, are deconfirmed as a result.

Shroob

Sup?

We already talk about Master Chief a lot.

As for the other 2, we really don't care about those fake leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom