• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm hoping. I do wonder if there'll be one last non-character update that comes along with the final character. Like making that 4 platform version of final destination from the Galeem/Darkon battle playable in normal matches for example.
Tbh I kinda wish we got that instead of Small Battlefield

but I personally want the Galeem/Dharkon auras and full body puppet effects usable on any character, any alignment, outside of WoL. Hero’s trailer had me wanting that feature hardcore even if they only showed the latter alignment

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I feel like the fact people need to be reminded to be patient is a bit telling lol
I think saying it once or twice is enough to get the message across.

and if not, it's better to ignore it & move on to something more meaningful.

SKX31

Smash Master
The more time that passes, the more I'll start speculating hardcore on a TGA announcement for a big character. I'm not betting on it yet but this is certainly a fishy situation.
Big character you say?

nuke.png

Sorry, couldn't resist. :roll:

Honestly I don't think the next character will come in a general direct anyway. I think they will make a big deal out of Ultimate ending and do a full on smash direct with lots of celebratipn related stuff.
I'm hoping. I do wonder if there'll be one last non-character update that comes along with the final character. Like making that 4 platform version of final destination from the Galeem/Darkon battle playable in normal matches for example.
I could definetely see both those happening. That I really hope that some of the dev team do stay on to at least balance patch / bug fix for at least a year (there's some precedence, although there were only two patches after Smash 4's final characters were released). The dream scenario if you ask me is a FighterZ-esque last patch where they really shake up a lot of the roster, but it's difficult to tell how likely it is.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Not even Samus is saying a Direct this week lol. Talk about people taking things out of context and making assumptions.
What Samus does is say "could we be seeing something in the coming days 👀", and then either claim victory or stay completely silent depending on whether or not something actually happens

They also claim to have a "list" of potential CP11's, and they've only said so far that Doomguy is on the list, among others... I'm expecting them to say "yep, (whoever CP11 turns out to be) was on the list 😎" in a similar manner

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
What Samus does is say "could we be seeing something in the coming days 👀", and then either claim victory or stay completely silent depending on whether or not something actually happens

They also claim to have a "list" of potential CP11's, and they've only said so far that Doomguy is on the list, among others... I'm expecting them to say "yep, (whoever CP11 turns out to be) was on the list 😎" in a similar manner
I call BS on her Smash info (best case scenario, it's very outdated) because distribution wouldn't started yet and nothing leaks if it hasn't been distributed yet. No distribution = no way the character or Miis leak.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I mean, “could be seeing something” could literally mean anything

like that Bluetooth update

it’s SOMETHING. [eye twitch]

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
The more time that passes, the more I'll start speculating hardcore on a TGA announcement for a big character. I'm not betting on it yet but this is certainly a fishy situation.
YESSIR
I've been saying that was a possibility for a while
What if Sakurai also wants to pay homage
The DLC reveals started at TGA
and now they end at TGA
^ Ok this last part was thought of spontaneously, I swear

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
I call BS on her Smash info (best case scenario, it's very outdated) because distribution wouldn't started yet and nothing leaks if it hasn't been distributed yet. No distribution = no way the character or Miis leak.
I'm kinda calling BS on SamusHunter in general. iirc, she got something wrong recently, and claimed it was just a typo. Like "I actually knew!" and stuff :/

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
YESSIR
I've been saying that was a possibility for a while
What if Sakurai also wants to pay homage
The DLC reveals started at TGA
and now they end at TGA
^ Ok this last part was thought of spontaneously, I swear
I doubt Nintendo and/or Sakurai are going to bend the schedule that far to appeal to his gamingness Geoff Keighley.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I mean, “could be seeing something” could literally mean anything

like that Bluetooth update

it’s SOMETHING. [eye twitch]
Thanks for reminding me. I need to check out if my headphones work with my Switch.
I wonder if Smash's oversized MP3 mode will work with wireless headphones.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm kinda calling BS on SamusHunter in general. iirc, she got something wrong recently, and claimed it was just a typo. Like "I actually knew!" and stuff :/
Ditto. I would personally call them an attention seeking, try-hard wannabe leaker.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Tbh I kinda wish we got that instead of Small Battlefield

but I personally want the Galeem/Dharkon auras and full body puppet effects usable on any character, any alignment, outside of WoL. Hero’s trailer had me wanting that feature hardcore even if they only showed the latter alignment
I'd also absolutely adore those sorts of things... to be honest, I would also like to see stages like Ganon's boss arena being playable as well. I know that they're not exactly interesting, but the complete inability to select them as an option is kinda a bummer... kinda like FD and Metal Cavern in Smash 64 being Classic Mode exclusive.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I doubt Nintendo and/or Sakurai are going to bend the schedule that far to appeal to his gamingness Geoff Keighley.
I never said they could reveal it at the TGA JUST for that
If other reasons pop up for them to push back the reveal , e.g. complex character, intentionally waiting for a new game the character is in to release for promotion purposes, etc., then those factors become the main focus as to why the push happened.
Sakurai could easily want something like what I said but not necessarily make it a deciding factor in when CP11 is revealed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remind me again real quick

when they permanently add spirits to a rotation is that before a reveal of a new character or is it before the release?

cuz if it’s the former I think we should just chill until a permanent spirit addition announcement drops

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

when they permanently add spirits to a rotation is that before a reveal of a new character or is it before the release?

cuz if it’s the former I think we should just chill until a permanent spirit addition announcement drops
Isn't it after the release?
Arthur and Sophia were permanently added to the rotation after Kazuya came out, iirc.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

EVerYone an their dog has that "list" of characyers. Its a huge ****ing nothing burger at this point

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Isn't it after the release?

Arthur and Sophia were permanently added to the rotation after Kazuya came out, iirc.
Lol. i read Kazuya as Kazuma and thought "They added Ace Attorney Characters while I was asleep?"

Last edited:

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209

If you're talking about Spirit Event-exclusive Spirits, there's no pattern. The Bravely Default 2 Spirits were permanently added 3 weeks before :ultkazuya:'s reveal, then the Monster Hunter Rise Spirits were permanently added 2 weeks after his release.

If you're talking about save data gift Spirits, they're always permanently added in the same update that adds the next fighter.

Either way, they don't seem to hint to anything.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Forgot to mention that the copium didn't work, as there's no shadowdropped Direct Mini.

Next week on Monday is Respect for the Elders Day in Japan, and Thursday is the Autumn Equinox, so there's still a chance for a Direct to be announced on Tuesday and air on Wednesday. I'm predicting an October Direct after the Switch OLED Model and Metroid Dread drop, though.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I literally saw Samus Hunter copy MrJudd's post about the purple leak being fake because the source code is all over the Nintendo eshop like 1 hour after he said it and she sold it off as her own, not to mention the fact that she even covered the purple leak in the first place was already stupid enough. Not only that, she also basically just copied everything that PracticalBrush12 was saying.

She's just a fake leaker who piggybacks off of real information for attention. Stop giving her what she wants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom