• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I've recently taken another stab at The Ultimate Choice (Soul Melter) in Kirby Star Allies, and now I really want a similar mode in Super Smash Bros.

"Isn't that just a boss rush with extra steps?"

No I just want more Kirby bosses.

EDIT: Also, add True Destroyer of Worlds and Astral Birth - Void pls.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Here's where I win by being too lazy to make a Shanoa or Minamimoto thread
Not making a Gill Grunt thread is how I could win as well

Does Sgt Cortez have a support thread? Otherwise I’d vote for him
Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium probably read this and is crying rn

If they ever give Super Smash Bros. the equivalent to support conversations, I want there to be one where characters (Likely a duo like Robin and Pit) theorize on who could use what choosey weapon.
  • Could Link wield The Sword of the Creator?
  • Could Shulk wield the Master Sword?
  • Could Byleth wield the Monado?
No answers are achieved. They just sit there and ponder it a bit. EDIT: They could end the conversation by testing their theories with the swords that don't go crazy and kill everyone should the wrong wielder hold it.
Mans already has a script for a Smash Bros "What if..."

Here's one..
What if Kirby was the only one who didn't survive WoL and everyone else did?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know. At this point I'm not that excited for the next Smash character. I'm more excited for games I already have (like Great Ace Attorney), or games that aren't out yet (like Metroid Dread).

I still love Smash and play/watch it frequently, and I'll inevitably be excited when it's time for that last newcomer but... I'm just not that invested at the moment.

It's probably healthier this way honestly.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
You know. At this point I'm not that excited for the next Smash character. I'm more excited for games I already have (like Great Ace Attorney), or games that aren't out yet (like Metroid Dread).

I still love Smash and play/watch it frequently, and I'll inevitably be excited when it's time for that last newcomer but... I'm just not that invested at the moment.

I feel more anticipated and hyped than ever before to the point it steered me to this thread. It's definitely less healthy this way lol.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

Same. I'm way more invested in inhaling anything Metroid atm than Smash. Still fun to talk about Smash, but when I've got most of my dream picks it's hard to be passionate about characters anymore.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord

I know that the moment I first see that last character trailer will be like extremely hype but in terms of adding to my life yeah other games like Metroid Dread will totally take the cake this year.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm in a really weird situation.
I got into Smash speculation in 2017, before Ultimate was even announced, and got burned out by mid 2019. I only recently became interested in speculation again, so I'm a bit worried that there will be a hole in my life after the final character gets released....
It's not gonna stop me from making fan rosters though

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Speaking is GAA, how are you liking that game?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
To be honest, given the current state of Activision Blizzard, I think it’s best Crash be saved for next game or even an Ultimate port if that happens. Same for an Overwatch Mii or Spirits (or even a playable character, which I personally think the other two options are more likely for OW)

i can already see the “CANCEL NINTENDO/SAKURAI” tweets if Crash is the last character… hopefully by next game ActiBlizz will have cleaned their act
Sakurai has a 10-0 matchup against cancel culture.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I've recently taken another stab at The Ultimate Choice (Soul Melter) in Kirby Star Allies, and now I really want a similar mode in Super Smash Bros.

"Isn't that just a boss rush with extra steps?"

No I just want more Kirby bosses.

EDIT: Also, add True Destroyer of Worlds and Astral Birth - Void pls.
Anybody that shelved KSA after the subpar first impression missed out. If you're one of those people, you seriously owe it to yourself to revisit it. Making it through Soul Melter EX as solo Parasol Waddle Dee was the most fun I had with a Kirby game in a long time. And the music used for the Parallel/bonus bosses is amazing. As is Void's, as you mentioned.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
They need to add an old man character in Smash so it's possible to recreate the Old Man Yells at Cloud meme.
E. Gadd is fine I think, but if there are better options it's ok (Cranky is a monkey not a man -.-).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
They need to add an old man character in Smash so it's possible to recreate the Old Man Yells at Cloud meme.
E. Gadd is fine I think, but if there are better options it's ok (Cranky is a monkey not a man -.-).

Hail to the king, baby!

For his down special, he transforms into a boat. In this state, he's the only character who can swim indefinitely, but he's immobile on land, acts as a platform, and the Gust Bellows is much more effective against him in that state.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened - Richter and Piranha Plant didn’t have threads prior to their reveals iirc

Also Gil Tower of Druaga has been Mii’d TWICE and he still doesn’t have a support thread…
Now I feel tempted to make it. I think I'm the only one that cares about poor Gil though...

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
People under burn out should consider taking a break. Relax and distract yourself with something else. No need to be suffering for something that should be done for personal enjoyment.
"Why are we still here, just to suffer?"

Me: "YES"

Ivander

Smash Legend

Made a list showing the users who own the specific thread for their character since I had some free time. Who's gonna claim the last spot?
Someone said it already
But imagine if it's a character that doesn't have a support thread
So since I've been predicting Phantasy Star, what happens if it is a Phantasy Star character, but it's not Alis or Rika, the 2 with a support thread(small threads, but still threads)? Do I get that last spot if it's someone from PSO2, since I have talked about the characters from that game?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Welcome to the club, partner.

We got cookies & E-Tank for :ultmegaman: & :ultsamus: enjoyers.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Someone said it already
But imagine if it's a character that doesn't have a support thread
Let’s go further and imagine if it’s a character that hasn’t been mentioned on Smashboards, ever. Like, you’d type their name into the search bar and absolutely nothing from before their reveal would come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom