• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
If they ever give Super Smash Bros. the equivalent to support conversations, I want there to be one where characters (Likely a duo like Robin and Pit) theorize on who could use what choosey weapon.
  • Could Link wield The Sword of the Creator?
  • Could Shulk wield the Master Sword?
  • Could Byleth wield the Monado?
No answers are achieved. They just sit there and ponder it a bit. EDIT: They could end the conversation by testing their theories with the swords that don't go crazy and kill everyone should the wrong wielder hold it.
To answers the questions asked:

-Link can weild the sword of the creator, but cannot use it's full power, and would eventually get turned into a mindless beast set on destroying stuff.

-Shulk could depending on when in Xenoblade it happens, though to be specific, probably not until Zanza left his body. Or maybe Zanza being in Shulk would allow him to do so, since he's a god.

-Byleth can weild the Monado like Dunban does before the story starts, aka it would hurt them to use it and they wouldn't get visions. And if we're talking about the Monado 2 or 3, then I'm pretty sure it's just a no.

Dukefire

Smash Master
If you are wanting for an announcement from Nintendo, Usually it appears in the afternoon for either Monday or Tuesday.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
My support threads for Ultimate are
-Off the Hook
-Toadette
-Nabbit

And have made threads for Smash 4 for
-Cap’n Cuttlefish
-Pidgey
-4th Mii Fighter
-Monita

Not really the perfect deck of cards to get that award, but I’m optimistic.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
TBF, Pit's and Charizard benefited a lot from the glide too - it's just that Brawl MK's glide was tied to Shuttle Loop (Brawl SL was... something else) and Meta Knight was in the best position to take advantage of the glide. It's not just applicable to multiplayer either - the glides could be incredibly useful in SSE. To the point where someone who's used to the glide could skip entire platforming segments (hell, it's possible to circle around the entirety of Hyrule Temple using the glide IIRC!).

I'm suspecting the latter was not Sakurai's intent, and so I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai decided that gliding was not worth it to balance something that proved unintentionally wonky.
Yeah, I highly doubt it's a coincidence that Steve stalls out immediately when you try to gain altitude while using the Elytra's glide.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
This is just my openion but ult ending with splatoon would be the most anticlimactic thing I have ever witnessed
Truth.

I never played it but I hate fighting good inkling players. That said if fp11 is an inkling chr I'd have no expectations but be disappointed it wasn't a different franchise by virtue of me having 0 interest in the IP.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I don't watch Nintendo's tweet THAT close when they post one, so I can't give a definitive answer.

Edit: If you still play Tetris 99, they have a new Maximus Cup based on Warioware Get It Together

Last edited:

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 330149
Maybe?

There's a maintenance this week, and since we're halfway through September, now would be the best time...but you know, Nintendo Decision are things even Elder Gods can barely comprehend.

If it does happen tho, probably gonna wait Tuesday or Wednesday for it to be announced.
About that, If you look at the maintenance site, the one for this week just.... disappeared, it doesn't even show it when checking on the completed maintenance list

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
About that, If you look at the maintenance site, the one for this week just.... disappeared, it doesn't even show it when checking on the completed maintenance list
Guess Nintendo was worried about people using that to predict the next Nintendo Direct. Though there are better possible reasons. :p

Trevenant

Smash Lord
And have made threads for Smash 4 for
-Pidgey

Not really the perfect deck of card to get that award, but I’m optimistic.
How could you not be when you have this thing in your corner? I'd say your deck of card is lookin' pretty good all things considered.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Here is the possible news appearing based on my observation.

Monday or Tuesday Afternoon: They drop a twitter post about the next announcement. Wednesday could be another place for news drop, but doesn't happen as often compared to Monday or Tuesday.

Thursday or Friday: Direct happens either in the morning or afternoon. (Check your timezone to see when it is playing in your location.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here is the possible news appearing based on my observation.

Monday or Tuesday Afternoon: They drop a twitter post about the next announcement. Wednesday could be another place for news drop, but doesn't happen as often compared to Monday or Tuesday.

Thursday or Friday: Direct happens either in the morning or afternoon. (Check your timezone to see when it is playing in your location.)
Have directs ever been announced on Mondays? Let alone in the afternoon?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Monday isn't where directs appear most of the time. Wednesday, Thursday or Friday are the usual days depending on the announcement.

For Morning or Afternoon, it all depends.
Huh...I was under the impression it was normally Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
To answers the questions asked:

-Link can weild the sword of the creator, but cannot use it's full power, and would eventually get turned into a mindless beast set on destroying stuff.

-Shulk could depending on when in Xenoblade it happens, though to be specific, probably not until Zanza left his body. Or maybe Zanza being in Shulk would allow him to do so, since he's a god.

-Byleth can weild the Monado like Dunban does before the story starts, aka it would hurt them to use it and they wouldn't get visions. And if we're talking about the Monado 2 or 3, then I'm pretty sure it's just a no.
Yeah, in most cases, it would probably be a "no", but even if they reach that conclusion pretty quickly, there could be some interesting arguments made. Since the reason why the Monado works for Shulk is a huge spoiler, I don't think the characters should really know much about it, with the most they can come up with being that it manipulates Ether (which they could only tell through Pyra/Mythra since they could detect things like that). They could also theorize that Palutena could wield the Master Sword due to being a goddess of light just like Hylia, and maybe Pit as well. This could prompt Pit to ask Palutena, which would likely end in Palutena offering to make him a Master Sword; All she needs is his hair or something else that would make him immediately reject the idea.

There could also be a one off gag where they're like "I think I've seen Kirby wield [X Weapon]." "Yeah, but I think Kirby can just wield anything."

The whole interaction gets bonus points from me if a bunch of characters join in and it devolves into a game shop argument where everyone has an opinion and nobody can agree who's correct, then one of the characters that they've been talking about arrives, and everyone demands that they settle the argument.

EDIT: It would also be funny if someone really random like Duck Hunt could use it for no explained reason.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I’m still in awe that the Kazuya thread had less than 100 posts before he got confirmed lmao
It wasn't prior to his reveal when the creator of tekken said no and Hehachi's Mii Costume with challenger 7. Did a great job to throw the Tekken fans off the trail until Challenger 10 at E3.

Once challenger 11's arrival is announced, I think we all should put one final guess before Ultimate's DLC ends for good.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It wasn't prior to his reveal when the creator of tekken said no and Hehachi's Mii Costume with challenger 7. Did a great job to throw the Tekken fans off the trail until Challenger 10 at E3.
I don't think he ever said no. He just yelled at people for spamming him, and even then I don't think a Tekken character was involved.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I don't think he ever said no. He just yelled at people for spamming him, and even then I don't think a Tekken character was involved.
Well, we thought Tekken was done when Heihachi appeared as a Mii costume in challenger 7. Of course, we know Kazuya is here now.

Just to clarify my thoughts on the side, was there even a Crash Bandicoot Spirit during the base game to begin with? My memory is unclear, so I just want to get this settled.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Well, we thought Tekken was done when Heihachi appeared as a Mii costume in challenger 7. Of course, we know Kazuya is here now.

Just to clarify my thoughts on the side, was there even a Crash Bandicoot Spirit during the base game to begin with? My memory is unclear, so I just want to get this settled.
No, Crash and Activision/Blizzard as a whole are unaffilliated with Smash Ultimate so far iirc

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To be honest, given the current state of Activision Blizzard, I think it’s best Crash be saved for next game or even an Ultimate port if that happens. Same for an Overwatch Mii or Spirits (or even a playable character, which I personally think the other two options are more likely for OW)

i can already see the “CANCEL NINTENDO/SAKURAI” tweets if Crash is the last character… hopefully by next game ActiBlizz will have cleaned their act

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
To be honest, given the current state of Activision Blizzard, I think it’s best Crash be saved for next game or even an Ultimate port if that happens. Same for an Overwatch Mii or Spirits (or even a playable character, which I personally think the other two options are more likely for OW)

i can already see the “CANCEL NINTENDO/SAKURAI” tweets if Crash is the last character… hopefully by next game ActiBlizz will have cleaned their act
To be fair, we already had people try to cancel them after Byleth...

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Well, we thought Tekken was done when Heihachi appeared as a Mii costume in challenger 7.
I personally believed Mii costume of Heihachi meant he would be base roster in ultimate... Kazuya close enough tho and as dlc it's fair but only cause I bought it had I not been able to get Kazuya I'd be sad and angry. But the notion that Mii costumes deconfirm... That a mw or their franchise is not coming because it's a Mii costume... Eh I still don't see it that way.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To be fair, we already had people try to cancel them after Byleth...
Oh yeah, the Fire Emblem/Anime Swordman (Well, Byleth isn't JUST a swordsman) salt.
Even then that’s hardly comparable to the far more underhanded crap that went on at ActiBlizz but that’s hardly a topic for here

also imma say it again, it would be hilariously poetic if we had a Heihachi situation with the Callie and Marie miis… but we got Pearl and Marina as playable instead of Octoling

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I’m still in awe that the Kazuya thread had less than 100 posts before he got confirmed lmao
Not that surprising really. We were COMPLETELY focused on Heihachi being the Tekken rep without considering its other two main characters. And even those who knew it wasn't just Heihachi would focus on Jin due to him taking the role of main protagonist from 3-6, disregarding how 7 pushes him out of the spotlight to finish Kazuya and Heihachi's story.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I mean, if Crash was already decided, there's not much that can be done to change it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom