• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I wanted to refresh my memory on who all yelled full sentences in Star K.O.s, but it turns out I already remembered them both. I did find some sad news though:
SmashWiki said:
For the first time in the series, there are characters who speak a complete sentence during Star KO; Pit has a unique Star KO line, where he yells "I never learned how to read...!". This is a reference to Chapter 17 in Kid Icarus: Uprising, where he yells the same line after his Power of Flight is cut en-route to the Aurum Fortress [1]. Byleth speaks during a Star KO, shouting "My battle ends here...!", a reference to one of their defeat lines from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Both characters also do not speak in the Japanese version.
Japan be missin' out...

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I wanted to refresh my memory on who all yelled full sentences in Star K.O.s, but it turns out I already remembered them both. I did find some sad news though:

Japan be missin' out...
Sounds kind of cringey in my opinion. Like we already know they're dying so why do they have to announce it to everyone?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Let’s go further and imagine if it’s a character that hasn’t been mentioned on Smashboards, ever. Like, you’d type their name into the search bar and absolutely nothing from before their reveal would come up.
Proceeds to name every video game character ever
And yes, I will be including the solider from Skyrim that took an arrow to the knee.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
View attachment 330160

For real though it's funny and that's cool. Hell, it even gives Byleth some goofier characterization
Nah. It's funny when Chrom says "Sorry" when he gets KO'd because he apologising for doing badly. I just don't get it with Byleth. They're just stating the obvious but oh well, humour is subjective.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I would like to make a public apology to Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium for not knowing of his famous Sgt Cortez support thread. I have known for long of his admiration for the Timesurfing hero our time, but alas the limitations of the technology I use to peruse these forums limits me from viewing the signatures of our fine community members. I have rectified this great sin by pledging my loyalty to the House of Sgt Cortez.

SKX31

Smash Master
Let’s go further and imagine if it’s a character that hasn’t been mentioned on Smashboards, ever. Like, you’d type their name into the search bar and absolutely nothing from before their reveal would come up.
I got one.

The upcoming MMO Genshin Impact with connections to TikTok (no really):

Now that's a surefire way of turning this forum into a nuclear fall out zone.

Yes. More full sentence Star K.O. voice clips. They're always hilarious.
Now that you mention it (oh jeez Dota 2 has so many great death lines* I could just go with that game):

"This ain't a manga!" - Sol Badguy (when defeated by Goldlewis and subsuquently hijacked by aliens)
"This was the bad medicine!"** - Reimu (refers to Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, where she apparently says:
"Of course, you wouldn't know if it's good medicine or not
unless you drank it for yourself.")

Have to confirm with SharkLord, but this line does look legit.

"I should've filled been the one to -" - Dante (yup, that line. Assuming he doesn't have the time to say the whole line, so I'm cutting it.)
"Foul... sorceries..." or "Thou art a devil, pure and simple." - Anti-Mage (Dota 2, a character whose personality is exactly what it says on the tin. Extra hilarious in the scenario where the Devil AT indirectly causes him to be Star KOed.)

*(The game's resident ghost pirate captain and watermelon kraken hate each other so much that the rivalry became notorious within the fanbase.)
**(Okay, yeah, Touhou games are not usually voiced IIRC, but just for fun.)

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I would like to make a public apology to Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium for not knowing of his famous Sgt Cortez support thread. I have known for long of his admiration for the Timesurfing hero our time, but alas the limitations of the technology I use to peruse these forums limits me from viewing the signatures of our fine community members. I have rectified this great sin by pledging my loyalty to the House of Sgt Cortez.
The council forgives you

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nah. It's funny when Chrom says "Sorry" when he gets KO'd because he apologising for doing badly. I just don't get it with Byleth. They're just stating the obvious but oh well, humour is subjective.
Byleth's is a direct quote from when they die in 3H, just hammed up

MattX20

Smash Hero
I decided to look back at the Nintendo directs of the past decade or so in regards to October, and this is what I found: the last general direct that occurred in October was the October 1st direct of 2013 which is nearly 8 years ago. All the other directs/presentations were specialized ones https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Direct#List_of_presentations A ctrl+F search confirmed this

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Now that you mention it (oh jeez Dota 2 has so many great death lines* I could just go with that game):

"This ain't a manga!" - Sol Badguy (when defeated by Goldlewis and subsuquently hijacked by aliens)
"This was the bad medicine!"** - Reimu (refers to Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, where she apparently says:
"Of course, you wouldn't know if it's good medicine or not
unless you drank it for yourself.")

Have to confirm with @SharkLord, but this line does look legit.

"I should've filled been the one to -" - Dante (yup, that line. Assuming he doesn't have the time to say the whole line, so I'm cutting it.)
"Foul... sorceries..." or "Thou art a devil, pure and simple." - Anti-Mage (Dota 2, a character whose personality is exactly what it says on the tin. Extra hilarious in the scenario where the Devil AT indirectly causes him to be Star KOed.)

*(The game's resident ghost pirate captain and watermelon kraken hate each other so much that the rivalry became notorious within the fanbase.)
**(Okay, yeah, Touhou games are not usually voiced IIRC, but just for fun.)
I'm having trouble thinking up characters that would have death quotes so all I can come up with is one for Elma: "Just...one more hit." It would likely be a normal K.O. quote.

I did think of an interesting prospect though. What if certain characters had a chance to say something upon respawn? Here would be some examples (with characters that both are and aren't on the roster):
  • Slippy (on com): "You OK Falco?"
    • Falco: "'Course I am. Time for some payback!"
  • Wolf: "Won't let you do that again..."
  • Lucina: "No wonder they call him the [TITLE]" (only plays if Marth, Ike, or Roy are the ones to K.O. her, making it pretty remote)
  • Robin: "Nice Lucina! Keep it up." (only plays if Lucina is the one to K.O. him, making it pretty remote)
  • Ken: "Alright, round [X]." (would stop triggering after his second stock)
  • Rex: "That was poorly judged..."
    • Pyra: "Ow! Rex, be careful."
    • Mythra: "Pay attention Rex!"
  • Rex: "It's all right. We'll get 'em yet."
  • Rytlock: "Sharpen your blades and guard yourselves...I'm back.*"
*He originally says "guard your vitals", which sounds better, but this isn't a fight to the death, so I think the change is necessary.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm having trouble thinking up characters that would have death quotes so all I can come up with is one for Elma: "Just...one more hit." It would likely be a normal K.O. quote.

I did think of an interesting prospect though. What if certain characters had a chance to say something upon respawn? Here would be some examples (with characters that both are and aren't on the roster):
  • Slippy (on com): "You OK Falco?"
    • Falco: "'Course I am. Time for some payback!"
  • Wolf: "Won't let you do that again..."
  • Lucina: "No wonder they call him the [TITLE]" (only plays if Marth, Ike, or Roy are the ones to K.O. her, making it pretty remote)
  • Robin: "Nice Lucina! Keep it up." (only plays if Lucina is the one to K.O. him, making it pretty remote)
  • Ken: "Alright, round [X]." (would stop triggering after his second stock)
  • Rex: "That was poorly judged..."
    • Pyra: "Ow! Rex, be careful."
    • Mythra: "Pay attention Rex!"
  • Rex: "It's all right. We'll get 'em yet."
  • Rytlock: "Sharpen your blades and guard yourselves...I'm back.*"
*He originally says "guard your vitals", which sounds better, but this isn't a fight to the death, so I think the change is necessary.
Who’s Rytlock?

kylexv

Smash Master
I got one.

The upcoming MMO Genshin Impact with connections to TikTok (no really):

Now that's a surefire way of turning this forum into a nuclear fall out zone.
That looks so similar to Genshin that If you didn't tell me I would think that the screenshots were actually from Genshin. Then again I don't play that game.
Remember when people complained about Genshin being a Breath of the Wild ripoff? Now it's become one of the biggest mobile games in recent memory. How the turn tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom