• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
I still have my doubts about a Direct because they revealed a new Big Brain Academy game about a week ago.

Nintendo's done weirder things before, but why unveil a new game literally a week or two before a Direct?
It's not uncommon for Nintendo to announce "casual-friendly" games outside of Directs, stuff like Labo, Ring Fit Adventure and now seemingly Big Brain Academy - Ring Fit Adventure was revealed like a week after a Direct in 2019 I think?

But anyway, it's really just a waiting game at this point, be it a week or two or longer.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Big Brain Academy was too powerful to be contained in a Direct
this absolutely confirms dr. kawashima is being promoted from an assist trophy to a fighter, and there is no way to disprove it whatsoever because i am a person on the internet so everything i say is totally factual

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
this absolutely confirms dr. kawashima is being promoted from an assist trophy to a fighter, and there is no way to disprove it whatsoever because i am a person on the internet so everything i say is totally factual
All the more impressive since Dr. Kawashima is in Brain Age, not Big Brain Academy.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's not uncommon for Nintendo to announce "casual-friendly" games outside of Directs, stuff like Labo, Ring Fit Adventure and now seemingly Big Brain Academy - Ring Fit Adventure was revealed like a week after a Direct in 2019 I think?

But anyway, it's really just a waiting game at this point, be it a week or two or longer.
Labo and Ring Fit are a little different. Labo was a scheduled reveal that Nintendo was hyping up to the press as a new and innovative use of the Switch's Joycons. It was supposed to be the unveiling of what they would've liked to have seen become a long line of new products. Ring Fit got a 30-40 minute presentation explaining how the game and the accessory worked.

Big Brain Academy is a basic three-minute reveal. Would've been perfect for one of their Nintendo Direct announcements, which is why I don't understand why they'd show it now unless the next Direct is farther away then we think.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Labo and Ring Fit are a little different. Labo was a scheduled reveal that Nintendo was hyping up to the press as a new and innovative use of the Switch's Joycons. It was supposed to be the unveiling of what they would've liked to have seen become a long line of new products. Ring Fit got a 30-40 minute presentation explaining how the game and the accessory worked.

Big Brain Academy is a basic three-minute reveal. Would've been perfect for one of their Nintendo Direct announcements, which is why I don't understand why they'd show it now unless the next Direct is farther away then we think.
No, I agree with Staarih - Nintendo clearly positions their primarily supercasual games apart from Directs now, whether it be the ones already mentioned or something like Brain Age. I think they've finally realized the differences in demographics between those they target with the Direct and the more Blue Ocean style ones.

Obviously it wouldn't hurt to put things like this in a Direct, but if you look at the commonality you can see the pattern between those that don't make the show.

Shroob

Sup?
Regardless, we'll know in a couple days, no big deal, really.

If the rumors are true, they'll want this done before the 17th, so we'll know one way or another next week.

Ideal scenario would be Direct next week, with a Sakurai Presents following, BUT considering they don't really do that often, I'd bet the following week for the Sakurai Presents.

The week of the 30th though, a bit sus on, due to Tokyo Game Show happening then.

Last edited:

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
There's also the rumblings of the NSO update for Gameboy/Color games.

While it's an unconfirmed rumor as it stands, they did announce SNES in the 2019 Direct, so if this rumor does pan out, they'd announce them in a normal Direct.
There's also the rumblings of the NSO update for Gameboy/Color games.
We're gonna get Mega Man World 4 on Switch, boys. Let's go!

SKX31

Smash Master
Personally, I'm super excited for the last Smash DLC character to be revealed in the Sony presentation in 10 minutes.
Sony's chess pieces for Smash.

So how did that go?
Looks like a solid showing from Sony overall. Serious answer:

You're not going to see revolutionary games in that presentation, but there were a lot of games elaborated on and a couple reveals (Spiderman 2 and Wolverine). Most of the games in question target themselves toward the FPS / Action crowd - with God of War Ragnarok being the centrepiece - but there were a few atypical games showcased as well (Ghostwire Tokyo, Alan Wake's remaster, Tchia).

If one's not a fan of those kinds of games I doubt that you'll get much out of the presentation, but there were not many weaknesses in that lineup really.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Damn...This presentation really made me realize, how nowadays, as technology progress and we get closer and closer to photorealism, no one is able to create a single striking and Iconic Design for their main characters.
What happened?

Also, God Of War Ragnarok look ****ing fire.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Yea, nothing on Crash
BUT
Wolverine and GOW Ragnorak Pog
I watched the Crash 25th Twitter video, and I saw what looked like a portal of power behind the Crash figure in the beginning and a portal or power icon on a coin of some sort

Dude if they do something for Skylanders's 10th anniversary I will lose my ****

Also I saw people call some of the 3rd party announcements baby games or whatever
God, not all good games need top-notch graphics or graphics resembling nearly real visuals as Irl with people like us

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm glad people are finally starting to see through Take-Two's rubbish and down voting their trailers.
Mass downvotes have been a thing for a while on GTAV PS5 trailers.

What do you mean by T2's rubbish anyway? The PS5 version seemingly lacking enhancements? Their hatred of mods?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I watched the Crash 25th Twitter video, and I saw what looked like a portal of power behind the Crash figure in the beginning and a portal or power icon on a coin of some sort

Dude if they do something for Skylanders's 10th anniversary I will lose my ****
Crash Bandicoot for that...PC? game they've got? I'd sleep pretty hard on that.

I'd be pretty excited if they dropped the whole Toys to Life idea and released a remake of the first game where everyone is simply unlockable rather than sold separately though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom