• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's a good thing PETA's mascot is not a video game character, or else we'd really have to worry about the mascot getting in Smash.

SKX31

Smash Master
I don't remember where he said that. Could you link me to it?
You know, I've been searching fervently for it but haven't been able to find it. I swear I remember him saying something like that, but could be misremembering that.

Still, if what that David guy said is true, this is not the first time a Direct, let alone a December one, has been delayed.

Remember the September Direct in 2018, with the earthquake or whatever and all?
Daniel's an advisor at Astra Advisory Japan KK - and like Zhuge he consults Nintendo and other corps regarding what's happening etc.

He's legit, especially since he's translated past Nintendo IR meetings (pretty much what Ninty tell their investors and corporate backers) on his twitter feed. Yes, he could be wrong (as anyone can be) but it's the closest we'll get.

Also, IR stands for Investor Relations. Nintendo and most other corps use it.

how they gonna **** on mario and pokemon and then go "uwu can i fight mario and pokemon with myyyyyy mascot"?
This feels like one of those self-insert fanfics...
Clickbait is one of the most powerful forces in the universe (sadly).

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Viable as in likely? Or just smash compatible?
Mallo is a sumo cat
Qbby is a square
Rash is a humanoid toad
Tin Star is a robot cowboy
Barbara the bat is, well, a bat thing
Viable as in within the realm of possibility that they could get in, not necessarily that they are super likely.

Those are some good choices. The Battletoads are my brother’s most wanted and I feel they have at least a small chance but I wouldn’t really say they are likely. Still, the fact that they even have a chance is more than I could have asked for.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Daniel's an advisor at Astra Advisory Japan KK - and like Zhuge he consults Nintendo and other corps regarding what's happening etc.

He's legit, especially since he's translated past Nintendo IR meetings (pretty much what Ninty tell their investors and corporate backers) on his twitter feed. Yes, he could be wrong (as anyone can be) but it's the closest we'll get.

I should have posted that I believe him, which I do.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Me: "If a TF2 fighter gets in, it'll OBVIOUSLY be Heavy."
This past Sunday I promised I would make a move set for the Pyro from Team Fortress 2. And so... here it is:

Jab: Swings the Fire Axe in a downward motion.

Dash Attack: Holds the Fire Axe in front of them while charging forward.

Side Tilt: Swings the Fire Axe in a Diagonal motion.

Up Tilt: Swings the Fire Axe above their head.

Down Tilt: Crouches and Swings the Fire Axe close to the ground.

Forward Smash: Swings the Fire Axe using the Critical Hit animation (right to left).

Up Smash: Performs the Fire Axe Critical Hit Strike above their head.

Down Smash: The Armageddon Taunt Kill. A ring of fire appears around their feet after blowing bubbles around their head.

Neutral Air: Swings the Fire Axe around their body clockwise.

Forward Air: Performs a horizontal Fire Axe swing in front of them.

Back Air: Swings the Fire Axe behind them.

Up Air: Swings the Fire Axe above them.

Down Air: Slams the Fire Axe below them.

Neutral Special: Flamethrower. Works similarly to Fire Breath but the player can move after the attack begins (but cannot change direction) and instead of getting weaker the Flamethrower (and Compression Blast Down Special) run on a Ammo system. Start with 50 ammo, uses 10 ammo per second of firing, recharges at 5 ammo per second.

Side Special: Flare Gun. Fires a quick projectile that does a small amount of damage. If it hits a opponent who is being attacked by another fire source, the attack deals 3 times damage and double knockback. Has a 3 second cooldown before being able to fire again.

Up Special: Thermal Thruster. Pyro readies the jetpack and soars through the air at a 50 Degree angle. He can attack after takeoff but cannot use the move again until landing on a platform or grabbing an edge.

Down Special: Compression Blast. Uses the Flamethrower to blast air. Deals no damage but reflects projectiles. Costs 10 ammo per 1 reflect. Only reflects projectiles in front of the player.

Grab: Reachs out in front of the opponent to grab them.

Pummel: Hits the opponent with their knee.

Forward Throw: Throws the opponent in front of them.

Back Throw: Does a half spin to throw the opponent behind them.

Up Throw: Goes for a hug, then tosses the opponent up.

Down Throw: Tosses the opponent to the ground, then stomps on them.

Final Smash: Payload. The Pyro rushes forward. If they collide with anyone a cutscene begins where the caught opponents are at the bottom of a shaft filled with explosive barrels. The Pyro then pushes the Payload cart (with the other Classes helping out) to the end, exploding the cart and dealing heavy damage and knockback to opponents.

My biggest issue were pretty much every attack except the Down Smash and all Special moves, mostly due to them using the same item, but I wanted to see how a moveset like this could work.
In the end, although I don't see Pyro joining the battle, I think the character could provide a unique yet similar play style to previous characters.
Me: "Then again..."

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
An attempt to rile people up or just completely out of touch with reality?
Yes.
You know, I've been searching fervently for it but haven't been able to find it. I swear I remember him saying something like that, but could be misremembering that.

Clickbait is one of the most powerful forces in the universe (sadly).
It’s the only lead we got so I believe him too

just gotta do something and then I’ll see y’all next week

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The fact that there are people unironically believing that Pokemon are treated as slaves is a stupid misconception that is invalidated by the obvious logic that all the Pokemon have more power than humans, meaning if they don't want to fight anyone and the trainer tries to force them to, said Pokemon can just easily kill them.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The fact that there are people unironically believing that Pokemon are treated as slaves is a stupid misconception that is invalidated by the obvious logic that all the Pokemon have more power than humans, meaning if they don't want to fight anyone and the trainer tries to force them to, said Pokemon can just easily kill them.
I'd say the Pokemon are tamed, and not enslaved. I think there is a difference. Plus, the trainers and Pokemon are usually in friendships.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
The way I see it, Pokémon stay in their balls not just out of love for their trainers, but out of respect and admiration for overpowering them. It's a bit like a hippogriff.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Why are we still here... just to suffer?
This is my new favorite thing that PETA has done. lol

EDIT: I for one will enjoy our new Super Chick Sisters rep. I hope the stage is KFC's catsup factory.

how they gonna **** on mario and pokemon and then go "uwu can i fight mario and pokemon with myyyyyy mascot"?
PETA: "Pokémon is bad because it is literally chicken fighting."
Also PETA: "Let's let our mascot beat up all the Pokémon (and also a dog), and shoot them with a gun."

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I think you're reading too much into it just as much as folks like PETA are. That said, I think there's a copypasta pertaining to your point...

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I still have my doubts about a Direct because they revealed a new Big Brain Academy game about a week ago.

Nintendo's done weirder things before, but why unveil a new game literally a week or two before a Direct?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I still have my doubts about a Direct because they revealed a new Big Brain Academy game about a week ago.

Nintendo's done weirder things before, but why unveil a new game literally a week or two before a Direct?
You probably should know Nintendo does not really do patterns, do they not?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

Revealing a few minor things a short time before a Direct, and then revealing those things again, in said Direct, is something Nintendo has done a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom