• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Given that we're now in the latter half of the pass if there were characters that were more likely to be newly chosen/negotiated fighters rather than ones initially passed over it would be these as opposed to Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are, just the timing would allow for it more.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Can anyone think of any potential 3 in 1 characters similar to Pokemon Trainer? I can think of three on the top of my head.

Erik, Baleog and Olaf from Lost Vikings
Heavy, Pyro and Scout from Team Fortress 2
Deku Link, Goron Link and Zora Link from Majora's Mask

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Can anyone think of any potential 3 in 1 characters similar to Pokemon Trainer? I can think of three on the top of my head.

Rick, Kine, & Coo from Kirby's Dream Land 2
Rash. Zitz, and Pimple from Battletoads

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace

I'm still pissed they didn't alter Young Link's moveset to incorporate his transformation masks in any way shape or form. Even the fact that Fierce Deity Link isn't his Final Smash seems like one huge missed opportunity.

But anyway, you know who would suit that 3-in-1 gimmick really well besides Pokémon Trainer? A KOF character... wait a minute.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
wait Capcom strider? he isn't from videogames?
The manga adaptation of the game came out before the game, but that's like saying Star Wars isn't a movie franchise because the adaptation novel of the movie came out before the movie.

Plus, Plant has a Palutena's Guidance, so it's pretty likely he was initially planned to be in the base game.
He also got one of these, which everyone in the base game also got, but none of the later DLC characters got(infuriatingly).

Can anyone think of any potential 3 in 1 characters similar to Pokemon Trainer?
An obvious one would be the characters from Trine. But I hate Trainer and any other transformation characters, so forget I said it.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Jack Frost, Jack O'Lantern, and Jack the Ripper from Jack Bros 🎃

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Agumon with Greymon and MetalGreymon/WarGreymon.

Cynthia with Garchomp, Spiritomb, and Milotic.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

Tora from Xenoblade 2, swapping between, Poppi, Poppi QT and Poppi QT Pi. Though, you could probably have any Xenoblade 2 fighter swapping between 3 of the Xenoblade 2 Blades with the Blades themselves being the fighters.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Vi, Kabbu, and Leif from Bug Fables.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Slightly random question, just because I don't remember seeing any answers for this:

If we got a Monster Hunter, what would their home stage be? I can only assume it wouldn't be Ancestral Steppe because Rathalos already uses it, but not much else. What can the resident MH fans tell me?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Officer Howard with three different Legions

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Given that we're now in the latter half of the pass if there were characters that were more likely to be newly chosen/negotiated fighters rather than ones initially passed over it would be these as opposed to Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are, just the timing would allow for it more.
Yeah. I don't expect all of FP2 to be scrapped characters from the base game/FP1. You are right though.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Team Fortress, you switch between Heavy, Spy, Pyro and maybe each of them could switch between the other classes in their category (Offense, Defense, Support)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

To rep Curse of the Moon, Miriam, Zangetsu and THE GOODEST 11/10 GOOD BOY HACHI

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
He also got one of these, which everyone in the base game also got, but none of the later DLC characters got(infuriatingly).
That feel when BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, Mortal Kombat 11, Granblue Fantasy Versus, and Dragon Ball Fighters get new character specific intro dialogues for their DLC characters but Smash DLC characters don't even get a montage.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Slightly random question, just because I don't remember seeing any answers for this:

If we got a Monster Hunter, what would their home stage be? I can only assume it wouldn't be Ancestral Steppe because Rathalos already uses it, but not much else. What can the resident MH fans tell me?
A traveling stage where you go to different locations with the monsters as stage hazards.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It sucks the other DLC characters didn't get it, but they'd have to keep the voice artists on for a long time, and couldn't make the Fighter's Pass 1 voices till November, about when the game got gold. They have to have them all confirmed. Likewise, imagine Fighter's Pass 2, which wasn't greenlit till at least half a year later.

They should've given Mewtwo one in Smash 4, since it was worked on before base game was finished, though? Or at least it was figured out beforehand enough to justify it. Though it's probably just a case of the Guidances being entirely done by then and they had made a placeholder variation by then?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Andy, Sami, and Max from Advance Wars
Black Mage, Warrior, and Ninja from FF1 (coming along with a White Mage Assist Trophy)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom