• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
So what are y'all's remaining Fighter's Pass 2 predictions? My final predictions are Chun-Li, Lloyd or Yuri, and Elma. I truly believe these characters are most likely the final 3 in Fighter's Pass 2 and the game if that's it.
My pick are all underdog which is good because I don't expect the remaining slot are all going to be big and popular choice which happened rarely, so anyway mine is:

• Reimu
• Zhao Yun
• Agumon

And yes, this is also my MW character and not based on rumor, only Reimu.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So what are y'all's remaining Fighter's Pass 2 predictions? My final predictions are Chun-Li, Lloyd or Yuri, and Elma. I truly believe these characters are most likely the final 3 in Fighter's Pass 2 and the game if that's it.
All Might
Percy Jackson
Wolverine

Impa
Chun-Li
Master Chief

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
CP9: Chun-Li
CP10: Ryu Hayabusa or Yuri Lowell
CP11: Cinderace

SharkLord

Smash Hero
  • Lloyd Irving. Tales is considered one of the Big Three of JRPGs, especially in Japan, and is also one of Namco's biggest series. Lloyd himself is from the game that solidified Tales' place in the industry, especially in the West, which led to Lloyd becoming a pretty popular request for Smash. Sure, there's the Mii Costume, but Smash has a habit of breaking the precedents it sets; Joker for Nintendo connections, Min Min for Spirits, etc. Perhaps Lloyd will be the one to break the Mii Costume pattern. Aside from that, I've spun a couple theories for him.
    Going off of the Absent Content Theory, it's possible a Tales rep was planned from the beginning but got pushed back like Steve; Heihachi and the Prince were added to the Namco Roulette while Tales got jacksquat. This would support the Negotiation Rumor, which claims Lloyd and Yuri were in the planning stages but didn't turn up. A third theory for them is that they'll coincide with the upcoming Tales Anniversary Livestream, much like how Steve's reveal coincided with MineCon. Though, I must stress that this is because of the presentation, not the anniversary; If it was for the latter he'd have missed his chance back in December.

• Isaac. Isaac's in a similar situation to Banjo; Massive fan-favorite who's become irrelevant in recent years. The main difference is that the spark of hope for Isaac didn't quite pan out like with Banjo. However, given the recent non-renewal trademark that's cropped up, been turned down twice, and finally got passed this year, I think Nintendo still cares about Golden Sun-And not just in the "Oh no I gotta renew the trademark" sorta way. That leads me to suspect that Isaac will fill the role of old fan-favorite in this pass.
    And as for the Assist Trophy thing... Yeah, we've gone over that one a million times now. You know I don't consider ATs an issue and just judge them on a case-by-case basis.

• Reimu Hakurei. Admittedly, this one's largely me being optimistic. That being said, there are a couple things going for her. Touhou is huge in Japan and while it's not as big in the West, it still has a cult following there. It would be easy to get the rights to-ZUN would probably talk it out with Nintendo over breakfast and just request a ton of beer as payment-And there's a decent amount of fangames on the Switch as well. Plus, Nintendo's sold arrange CDs at the dedicated Touhou convention Reitaisai, so they're clearly aware of the series.
    The main thing going for her is the idea of an indie rep. Smash has been slowly building up indie content, from a Commander Video trophy, to the Shovel Knight AT, to the Sans Mii, and finally a former indie in Steve. However, it hasn't had a a full indie rep yet. Touhou's massive popularity and legacy makes it one of, if not the largest indie, and besides, all the indie content thus far has fairly recent Western creations. Touhou is a Japanese game that started in the 90's and hit it's stride in the early 2000's; Perhaps Nintendo's looking for something different than the indies we have so far.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
well the mechanic is counter intuitive for what Pokemon should be. You're meant to raise the pokemon and grow with them on a journey, not raise one pokemon and have the others get strong without doing anything.
In practice though, no Exp Share basically translated to "start battle with Pokemon you're trying to level, then immediately switch to your "good" Pokemon".

Exp Share is a great quality of life improvement that just allows you to use the best Pokemon for a given situation without worrying about gimping the rest of your party.

EDIT: Granted, the oldest game I've played is Black 2 so it might have been something that got better over time, and Pokémon Ultra Sun actually accounts for your higher overall levels with the Exp. Share so not using it is just...pain.
I've been playing since the start, and in early games the Pokemon League was a massive difficulty spike that often necessitated a ton of grinding in Victory Road even if nothing up to that point required grinding.

what's the most "niche" character you want in smash?
As a playable character? Maybe Goemon?

As, like, an AT or Spirit? Bernard [Maniac Mansion]

So what are y'all's remaining Fighter's Pass 2 predictions?
1610255726343.png

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'm still bummed Miku Hatsune technically doesn't qualify as 'originated from a video game', she would be fantastic oddball pick
Aside from that, I believe a lot of the Vocaloid songs have some copyrights issues to root through. It's manageable for Dragon Quest and Minecraft, but for a music software with a series of rhythm games, not being able to access the songs is practically a death sentence.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Aside from that, I believe a lot of the Vocaloid songs have some copyrights issues to root through. It's manageable for Dragon Quest and Minecraft, but for a music software with a series of rhythm games, not being able to access the songs is practically a death sentence.
Vocaloid is basically only a program that doesn't come with a music straight away as you have to make the music for yourself and you could probably tell how many vocaloid song out there that uses the Miku software but still sound different. Granted there's some original song only for the rhythm game but that's not really that iconic than let's say, World is Mine and Senbonzakura .

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
R.O.B. and Miis are also directly related to games/game programs, so they aren't exactly the same as Miku. That, and they retooled Miis into unique SSB versions(which is how a Mii is inserted into any game, remaking them to specific be based upon the game's settings. They're a bit different from a typical avatar, at least in Smash, as they don't represent their core games, the Wii Series or the Mii Games).

Wii Music is an example of a video game. But honestly, it depends how you look at it. It(Miku's program) wasn't made for a video game system, but is still a program not really different from any video game. So it's more a matter of opinion. It's not like Pinball Machines or various Electronic Toys which are pretty clearly designed to be a kind of video game either. It's not like the Witcher series having a different set of video games, since it's taking a book universe and remaking it. It's just a program for creating music. This is a case where it's a lot more subjective than your typical video game definition. I'd say it's really a bigger case of how Nintendo sees it than any obvious thing.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to inform you that Incineroar is now officially on a cereal box. Don't let your memes just be dreams.

Now that that's out of the way, how do you all think this will effect Smash speculation going forward? Toucan Sam is one of my most wanted and personally I'm excited that this might open the door for him to finally get in.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to inform you that Incineroar is now officially on a cereal box. Don't let your memes just be dreams.

Now that that's out of the way, how do you all think this will effect Smash speculation going forward? Toucan Sam is one of my most wanted and personally I'm excited that this might open the door for him to finally get in.
I'm personally rooting for nesquik bunny but I would also be down for tony the tiger as an incineroar echo

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
I gotta say.

I am starting to get annoyed at the use of "generic" as a criticism.

It's just kind of a tacked on word at this point. Overused to the point where it has no meaning anymore.
"It's obvious your most wanted characters are just generic anime swordsman nobodies, no doubt about it. But MY most wanted are the most unique characters ever, even Sakurai knows this because he played their home games!"
- Smash fans, probably.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm not even going to bother trying to guess any specific characters for the last 3 spots. if I were to make more broader guesses though:

-I highly doubt the remaining 3 fighters will all just so happen to be the most commonly speculated/talked about characters amongst Smash fans. Maybe 1 of them make it in, maaaaybe 2 depending on how you stretch the definition of "commonly discussed character", but yeah I don't think the curveballs end with Sephiroth.

-I think we will get atleast one more first party character (with how speculation has gone for Smash recently this could count for the "curveball" pick as well lol). I dunno, I guess I just feel that with 6 slots to work with it'd be kinda weird for Nintendo to only promote one game, and one they released back in 2017 at that.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
My 3 predictions as of now are Shantae, Monster Hunter rep, and Ryu Hayabusa. I have plenty of thoughts toward other possible characters, but I've narrowed down my top 3 picks to these for various reasons. One of the fun aspects of Smash speculation is finally seeing which character comes next and how their inclusion either affirms or changes up your perspective. More often than not it'll shake up your perspective. :laugh:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
-I think we will get atleast one more first party character (with how speculation has gone for Smash recently this could count for the "curveball" pick as well lol). I dunno, I guess I just feel that with 6 slots to work with it'd be kinda weird for Nintendo to only promote one game, and one they released back in 2017 at that.
I'd say the same.

Except:
Ring Fit Adventure​
Astral Chain​
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity​
Daemon X Machina​
Animal Crossing: New Leaf​
Pokemon Sword & Shield​
and heck, even Paper Mario: The Origami King​
have all gotten post-launch DLC spirits.

So honestly if there is a first party in the final 3, I have no clue who it'd be even be.
Perhaps we'd get a series that was base-game spirit like Xenoblade, Zelda, or Kirby but I'm not confident they'll pull that card again after Min MIn.

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
I'd say the same.
Except Ring Fit Adventure, Astral Chain, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Daemon X Machina, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Sword & Shield, and heck, even Paper Mario: The Origami King have all gotten post-launch DLC spirits.

So honestly if there is a first party in the final 3, I have no clue who it'd be even be.

Perhaps we'd get a series that was base-game spirit like Xenoblade, Zelda, or Kirby but I'm not confident they'll pull that card again after Min MIn.
Style Savvy 2021 is more than likely happening so...

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
My current predictions:

• Ryu Hyabusa
  • Nintendo Rep (Pokémon, Xeno or Zelda)
  • Monster Hunter or Master Chief

Kinda of think if Byleth was cobbled together with a dropped fighters moveset from FP1 and a base character m, then the inclusion of Byleth in FP1 could be due to Capcom wanting to hold back the fighter to have them incorporate more of a moveset from the upcoming Rise game and time it the character better with that games release. (If that character that had licensing issues was indeed Monster Hunter - makes sense that they could have already been working on it because we have Rathalos in the game already). We also are not getting a Monster Hunter amiibo with the amiibo releasing with Rise, so that could come from the Smash line and work with that game.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'd say the same.

Except:
Ring Fit Adventure​
Astral Chain​
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity​
Daemon X Machina​
Animal Crossing: New Leaf​
Pokemon Sword & Shield​
and heck, even Paper Mario: The Origami King​
have all gotten post-launch DLC spirits.

Well, base game stuff and I was thinking that Nintendo probably has to have some games still in development to show off during 2021.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
As for legit predictions, there are really only so many characters to consider at the moment. Of course, Sakurai can surprise us, much like he has this entire pass thus far, but we have yet to get a fan pick and there are only so many characters being rumbled about.

Thus, the characters of interest for CP9, CP10 and CP11 are:
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Dante
There are a couple I think people are sleeping on as well
  • Geno
  • Waluigi
  • Rayman
  • Doom Guy
  • Master Chief
Out of all of these, my gut screams that Crash Bandicoot is next, as there has yet to have been a Smash fandom pick and Crash perfectly blends both public appeal and Smash fandom demand. This would give Smash fans a big request while also keeping this trend of picking massive public appeal picks back to back. Essentially, Crash is maximum hype from all sides and angles and keeps the hype (and money) train chugging on.

That said, I think that CP 10 and 11 will not follow this trend of being nearly has explosive picks, standard with how things normally go. Add in the fact that the talk about Dante really didn't start until way after this pack would have been negotiated for (and the rumors of multiple delays and characters getting pushed backed from base to FP1 and possibly FP1 to FP2) it seems he wouldn't have quite made the cut for this one.

Thus, I believe Lloyd fits CP 10 as a pure Smash fandom pick and Hayabusa ends the pass as a pick that wasn't really all that requested or talked about up until recently and is somewhat underwhelming as the last pick but people end up loving the last real legend of the NES Era all the same.

Not sure which of these leads FP3 by this logic, but probably a character from some new IP Nintendo has that they think can make big 1st Party money. NOt sure who falls under that though.

7NATOR

Smash Master
My Current Predictions are right now

Shadow
Scorpion
Elma

And here's characters I'm also heavily considering

Sol Badguy
Ryu Hayabusa (Kind of)
Euden
Monokuma
Phoenix
Freddy Fazbear
League of Legends
Apex Legends

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Mmm...all this Hayabusa energy...

View attachment 298799
I was just thinking about mentioning that I'm noticing a looot of people who are apparently predicting Ryu Hayabusa. XD
I finally hopped on the bandwagon recently because I didn't know who exactly my third character prediction was quite yet, but with a lack of Ninja Gaiden representation in Ultimate despite Nintendo working closely with Tecmo on HW (and now with AoC getting Spirits) it felt like he's now ticking enough boxes for me to start considering him a real possibility. He may just as easily not happen though. I have no real bias toward Ninja Gaiden as I've never played one of those games, so my opinion on his chances could easily change in the future. But as of right now I think the character is in a decent spot when it comes to character predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom