• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm bored so I'm going to post about characters that I like that would have been good candidates for Smash Bros if things went favourably for them. I'm going to talk positively about them so this thread can cheer up from all the doom and gloom "Challenger pack 11 is going to be disappointing" and "It always ends on a disappointing note".

The lost vikings

lostvikings.jpg

These three once lived peacefully with their wives in the snowy Norse mountains until one day they were abducted by an evil alien emperor known as Tomator to be used for his intergalactic zoo! With the use of their abilities, our heroes work their way out of the ship and accidentally warp through time and space to their next destination. Where do they end up next? That's up to you to find out as the game is available on the Nintendo Switch.

These guys would have been a pretty cool three in one fighter combo. From left to right, Olaf the Stout would obviously focus on defensive play with his big ass shield to protect him that he can also use to glide, Baelog the fierce would be your offensive powerhouse with a Sword and Bow to make sure he's able to get you no matter where you are on the field and last but not least, Erik the Swift would be the speedy and flexible type who's jumping prowess would lead to him being an aerial focused battler with a surprise head charge attack.

Also the music slaps

Cormano Wild

Cormano.jpg

Living out in the wild west with three other bounty hunters, they sought to collect bounties from the biggest and baddest outlaws of the old west. Outlaws beware because Cormano with his trusty Double Barrel Shotgun will give you a pellet of shells right to your face! I tried my best but Sunset Riders doesn't really have much of a story.

Now with Cormano, making a moveset for him is a little difficult. He can shoot a gun and throw dynamite but there isn't a lot else to him in terms of normal moves, I can tell you what his final smash could be though.
eb8.gif

Ark

Ark.png

A trouble maker from the underworld village known as Crysta. Told by his old man never to open the blue door, he decides to break the door down and investigate. Going deep underground, he finds a weird talking box that turns out to be a creature known as Yomi. The two bicker with each other before finding out the consequences of Ark's actions. Everyone in Crysta... crystalises. After a scolding from his old man, the entrance to the outside world is made and Ark sets off to put things right and travel to five towers to restore Crysta to it's normal state... However the village is not the only thing that is broken.

I've mentioned Ark before and the few gifs of his attacks that look like he could be a good Smash character. While he looks like an anime sword fighter, he uses things like Staves, tridents, spears, etc. and he uses them like what is shown below. He's a pretty rad lad!

Ark Rapid Jab.gif

Ark Neutral Aerial.gif

Ark Forward Aerial 2.gif

Ark Dash Attack.gif

He can also use magic rings like Fire, Electric, Ice, Earthquakes to use as his special moves which is pretty cool.

Also the music he would come with would have been fantastic!

So yeah that's just three old characters that never found the spotlight or were just ignored by their respective companies that I would have liked to have seen in Smash Bros if they were given more attention. I hope I've shown off how great these characters can be since they aren't talked about a lot if at all.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I've said this a lot before but Smash 4 had a notable increase in non-Scrimbo type of characters.

Back in Brawl, the only "not-normal" (as Dedede would put it) newcomers were like, :snake::pit::ike::zerosuitsamus:. Everyone else (:metaknight::dedede::wolf::sonic::wario::diddy::olimar::rob::toonlink::lucario::lucas::ivysaur::charizard::squirtle:) were all whimsical cartoon/mascot types with various bodyshapes.

But then in Smash 4, suddenly we had the likes :4bayonetta::4cloud::4corrin::4darkpit::4lucina::4palutena::4robinm::4ryu::4shulk: all together like that.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I've said this a lot before but Smash 4 had a notable increase in non-Scrimbo type of characters.

Back in Brawl, the only "not-normal" (as Dedede would put it) newcomers were like, :snake::pit::ike::zerosuitsamus:. Everyone else (:metaknight::dedede::wolf::sonic::wario::diddy::olimar::rob::toonlink::lucario::lucas::ivysaur::charizard::squirtle:) were all whimsical cartoon/mascot types with various bodyshapes.

But then in Smash 4, suddenly we had the likes :4bayonetta::4cloud::4corrin::4darkpit::4lucina::4palutena::4robinm::4ryu::4shulk: all together like that.
I've never cared about body shapes. If the characters are fun to play, then I play 'em.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Now for Ultimate:
:ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultken::ultjoker::ulthero::ult_terry::ultbyleth::ultsephiroth::ultpyra::ultmythra::ultkazuya:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I send my condolences to anyone who bought sonic colours on the switch. I hear and it looks an absolute mess.

it would be funny if eggman or tails is last and they were meant to promote sonic colours. Could imagine the sakurai presents being already done and it contained 20 minutes of sakurai telling everyone why colours is a good game and why people should play it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I send my condolences to anyone who bought sonic colours on the switch. I hear and it looks an absolute mess.

it would be funny if eggman or tails is last and they were meant to promote sonic colours. Could imagine the sakurai presents being already done and it contained 20 minutes of sakurai telling everyone why colours is a good game and why people should play it.
Well, it is still playable, and I hear there were plenty of people who ended up enjoying it, nonetheless, and play through it. The glitches are still there, though. No denying that.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
My friend once complained that Smash is becoming an "anime game"
They also wanted Dante so I have no idea what they're complaining about
It's because Dante is more western realism and less generic anime/more cool looking, he's also iconic as hell for capcom and the character action game genre.. His moveset has tons of potential too.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Well, it is still playable, and I hear there were plenty of people who ended up enjoying it, nonetheless, and play through it. The glitches are still there, though. No denying that.
i don’t think anyone’s enjoying the switch version. It’s a buggy mess. You can’t get through 1 level without any glitches I’ve heard. It’s 10x worse than 06 apparently on the switch but fine on the other consoles

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
i don’t think anyone’s enjoying the switch version. It’s a buggy mess. You can’t get through 1 level without any glitches I’ve heard. It’s 10x worse than 06 apparently on the switch but fine on the other consoles
And it runs at 30 FPS. I wasn't expecting the Switch version to be great.

But I did not think it would be this bad.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
The tier list to end all tier lists, the human tier list!

https://imgur.com/gzClYXo

No alts of characters that are meant to be genderswaps of the same character (ignore Inkling, I goofed), I'm mostly going off of at-birth, choices are debatable but it's what I went with, anthro animal means animalistic characters capable of human intellect, adios!

Attachments

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's because Dante is more western realism and less generic anime/cool looking,
How to tell someone hasn't even looked at Dante.

Meanwhile one of my best friends disappointedly said "Another swordfighter?" When Hero got revealed and he hates anime yet he's a massive ****ing Xenoblade stan and wants Fiora

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Meanwhile one of my best friends disappointedly said "Another swordfighter?" When Hero got revealed and he hates anime yet he's a massive ****ing Xenoblade stan and wants Fiora
Lol I've seen plenty of Dante. He's not a generic anime swordfighter fight wise or design wise. Shulk and Hero look generic as hell but at least Hero brings the Akira toriyama look which is fresh.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

A friend of mine (huge JRPG fan) popped off at Joker but hated Byleth initially
Based on what you said, the "Woah" part, Crash Bandicoot is next. :troll:
Well that mystery’s finally closed
Pack it up folks, I called CP11 😎😎😎😎

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's because Dante is more western realism and less generic anime/cool looking, he's also iconic as hell for capcom and the character action game genre.. His moveset has tons of potential too.
Being more western or western realism doesn't ignore the fact that Dante is a Japanese character or from a game made from a Japanese company, much like Super Mario, Final Fantasy VII and Dark Souls. Nor does it ignore the amount of tropes DMC has or uses that alot of Japanese and Anime games use. Wanting Dante while not wanting another anime swordman is still being hypocritical.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
And it runs at 30 FPS. I wasn't expecting the Switch version to be great.

But I did not think it would be this bad.
it’s a shame as well as doing a colours port properly would mean it opens the doors for future remaster or ports like unleashed, sa1, sa2 etc but botching the colours port will probably damage that idea now unless it does wonders miraculously in sales

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
it’s a shame as well as doing a colours port properly would mean it opens the doors for future remaster or ports like unleashed, sa1, sa2 etc but botching the colours port will probably damage that idea now unless it does wonders miraculously in sales
Yeah, I understand what you mean.

Still, it would just be damage. Not a permanent no-no to do. They could still do it if they try to do better next time.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Lol I've seen plenty of Dante. He's not a generic anime swordfighter fight wise or design wise. Shulk and Hero look generic as hell but at least Hero brings the Akira toriyama look which is fresh.
Dante isn't realistic though, he's anime as **** in terms of design, personality and moves

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't know which one is funnier.

How you put visual distinction as a request and then ask for Dixie Kong or how you act like scrimblo fans are an oppressed minority
This is literally the definition of a strawman. Expressing the desire for certain characters in a crossover games is not the same thing as acting as if Sakurai and the dev team committed a moral wrong against him which he never did. And considering I remember you making an equally arbitrary complaint about the lack of "newer" characters after the August 2018 Direct because of the inclusion of :ultkrool::ultsimon::ultrichter: among others acting like "newer fans" are left out, it's hypocritical of you to dismiss people wanting certain types of characters because you personally don't feel the same way. And this is coming from someone whose most wanted character is another anime guy. I don't really care if said person wants more cartoony character as long as he doesn't act obnoxious about it which he didn't.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Random semi-related tangent, but in the grand scale of things amphibians never really got to shine.

But hey, this is SmashBoards, not PaleoBoards. None of this matters because Smash is the only thing that matters :drshrug:
Sorry, I'm singling these particular sentences out, but I gotta point out:

:ultgreninja: .

See? Amphibians win in the long run! :roll:
The tier list to end all tier lists, the human tier list!

https://imgur.com/gzClYXo

No alts of characters that are meant to be genderswaps of the same character (ignore Inkling, I goofed), I'm mostly going off of at-birth, choices are debatable but it's what I went with, anthro animal means animalistic characters capable of human intellect, adios!
[Mario and Luigi are classified as "Cartoony Human", while Wario - their cousin - is classified as "Questionably Human"]

That's it, I'm gonna argue that Wario is his own specie from now on - the Homo Sapiens Warui. How else could one even explain that him getting hit by enemies in Wario Land 2 / 3 transforms him? :4pacman:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just read up on the Sonic Colors Ultimate glitches and… wow

I hope they patch that ASAP
It's honestly unacceptable

For some reason none of the reviews seemed to mention this so I want to know what the hell happened

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Looking up how busted the Sonic Colors port is, I’m glad I didn’t preorder it. Its a shame, Colors was my first Sonic game and I was really looking forward to replaying it.

Its honestly baffling how SEGA thought thePort in its current state was releasable.
Maybe they did not check through it as much as they should have? Just a guess.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It's because Dante is more western realism and less generic anime/more cool looking
Dante is definitely not "western realism" as people in this thread have pointed out. Also, anime swordsmen are pretty cool looking if you ask me.
he's also iconic as hell for capcom and the character action game genre.. His moveset has tons of potential too.
That has nothing to do with what I said, but personally there's at least 3 Capcom characters I'd rather see before Dante, and that's without including more Mega Man characters. Nothing against Dante, I just didn't really connect with his games the same way I did with Ace Attorney, the few minutes I've played of Monster Hunter, or the 5 minutes I played from Resident Evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom