• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Yet another question for whatever Phantasy Star fans out there: if a PS character was CP11, would it be someone from OG Phantasy Star, or the Online "subseries"?

The latter seems to be the likelier option in my eyes, but then again it might be my own bias speaking, as PSO2 is literally my first PS game and I've barely started playing. But to me, it not only has recency on its side with NGS, but also seems to be the more popular branch. What's the consensus - if there even is one?

Also how the hell is there no support thread for it? I searched for it several times but never found one.
Interesting question, and I honestly believe both options are valid choices - it does kinda annoy me when speculators boil Phantasy Star discussion down to only PSO, or even just PSO2.

I think it depends on what route you want to take with this. I think PSO is obviously more popular overall, but the classic stuff also has a pretty big following and is also where some of the most iconic characters in the entire franchise come from. Again, it's up to what direction you want to take things. As for me, I'd personally put it this way: do you want to go for the most popular games or the most iconic character? If the former, PSO. If the latter, classic PS. At least that's how I see it.

Alternatively, we get neither of them and we're living in the worst timeline and the Phantasy Star rep is Ethan Waber

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Fp11 getting revealed in a September direct is so anticlimactic. Dunno why loads are expecting a reveal there. They’ll skip a reveal being there but they’ll have the announcement in September.

I’m gonna go on a limb and say they’ll have the direct and then either an hour or so after the direct or maybe even a week later they’ll announce a sakurai presents for this mystery character.

i’ll go one further, it’ll probably be someone not even brought up I speculation over here whatsoever

Shroob

Sup?
Fp11 getting revealed in a September direct is so anticlimactic. Dunno why loads are expecting a reveal there. They’ll skip a reveal being there but they’ll have the announcement in September.

I’m gonna go on a limb and say they’ll have the direct and then either an hour or so after the direct or maybe even a week later they’ll announce a sakurai presents for this mystery character.

i’ll go one further, it’ll probably be someone not even brought up I speculation over here whatsoever
The reason people expect it is we've never had a Direct during a Smash cycle without Smash news, even the Feb 2019 Direct they still were able to squeeze blood from a stone and show us like 5 seconds of Joker and say "He's coming soon!"

Worst case scenario, they give us a date for a Final Smash Presentation, and that's absolute worst case scenario, no way Nintendo skips out on Smash news of some form in their final Direct of the year.

Dukefire

Smash Master
It could be one that was brought up, but not often or one that underneath a lot of people's noses.

Does anyone have canidates that fit these conditions?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yet another question for whatever Phantasy Star fans out there: if a PS character was CP11, would it be someone from OG Phantasy Star, or the Online "subseries"?

The latter seems to be the likelier option in my eyes, but then again it might be my own bias speaking, as PSO2 is literally my first PS game and I've barely started playing. But to me, it not only has recency on its side with NGS, but also seems to be the more popular branch. What's the consensus - if there even is one?

Also how the hell is there no support thread for it? I searched for it several times but never found one.
I'm not entirely positive, since it's really a case of which character does Sakurai think will work better.
  • Alis Landale is a case where she can be used to represent OG and Online, as she does have a "version" in PSO2, but she doesn't exactly bring anything exactly new concept wise, since she's still mainly a swordswoman. Other main characters are Rolf from PS2, Rhys from PS3 and Chaz from PS4 and they aren't really different from Alis.
  • Nei from PS2 is a case of being one of the most popular PS characters, being the base for the Neuman race, and her design was used for an outfit set in PSO2, but she's also a case of "Not for good boys and girls" with her outfit. In terms of weaponry, she uses claws, which are a recurring weapon in the Online series and would also be the basis for the Wired Lance weapon in PSO2, so she can be made pretty unique gameplay wise.
  • In the case for Online, you do have the main Avatar characters, which I've made a post about, alongside Matoi.
It doesn't have a proper protagonist as the player character is an Avatar character like Robin, Steve, Monster Hunter, etc. It's the case for both Phantasy Star Online 1 and Online 2. That said though, the Avatar characters do have Default looks like Robin and Corrin.

And it should be noted that the default looks for the Phantasy Star Online 2 Avatar characters are used commonly for Episode promotions, especially the main Male Hunter in the middle and the black-haired Newman girl with the pink/purple headgear.

In that last image, Matoi is the girl on the left.

The Male Hunter is also the used design for the main character in the anime.

And now the last clarification is that all of the Default designs do in fact have a default name. Technically in Phantasy Star Online, but actually in Phantasy Star Online 2. In Phantasy Star Online 1, the default designs are used for characters that can be your Partners in the game(so use the first PSO image as reference). So you know the Male Hunter with the orange outfit on the image? A character uses the same design in PSO and their name is Ash Canaan. The giant Purple Robot crossing their arms? That is Kireek. The tan pink-haired Newman beside the Hunter? That is Sue.

Now in Phantasy Star Online 2, the default characters do in fact have default names, but they aren't used since it just makes you name the character. But in promotional stuff, they do have Default names used.

They use names from Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe and once again, the main Male Hunter is once again known as Ash. So it is possible for a Player character to get in Smash and use a Default name.

Okay, onto Matoi. Matoi is a decently accurate choice as she is an important character throughout Phantasy Star Online 2. She is mainly a Force user, so she will be a big user of Magic and a big Staff weapon. But basically, in Phantasy Star Online 2, she's practically to your Player character as the character Mash is to your character in Fate/Grand Order or any other similar character like that one character from Code Vein. She starts off as a person you've found and rescued and while she lost her memories, she is open to your character for some reason. Eventually, she not only helps you with rescuing your friends from mind-control, but also confronting the final boss of Episode 2.
She eventually becomes your Partner for missions, but as it turns out, her past memories actually have a big connection to your Player character, as well as the character Dark Falz Persona. And she plays big roles for Episode 3 and 5 and I think she also has a big role in Episode 6 IIRC. So it would not be inaccurate to say she would be an accurate choice for a Phantasy Star character as she is one of the most recurring PSO2 characters in the game.
If not using the Avatar characters, the most notable NPCs/Characters are Ash Canaan(as he is a character in original PSO), Sue, Kireek(he's probably the most popular PSO NPC), Ethan Weber from Universe, Nagisa(being one of the first Deuman characters) from Portable 2 Infinity and Matoi from PSO2. There are a whole bunch of notable and important characters in PSO2, but Matoi is the most prominent one, as she is the most recurring character in the main story, becomes one of the most powerful characters and is one of two characters who have the title of "Guardian", the other one being your character. And you and her are practically each other's half of a whole.

In the end, I'm not really sure who would get in, since it's really Sakurai's decision. Both Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star Online were big deals when they were released. The games themselves have a lot of unique mechanics and weaponry that can be used for unique gameplay, while the characters themselves aren't exactly unique look-wise aside from their "space warrior" look, which there aren't a lot of characters from space games aside from Metroid, F-Zero, Star Fox and somewhat Xenoblade.
So since Sakurai wants to make sure the character is fun to play and not just recognizable, the character he would pick would most likely be based around the gameplay mechanics and whatnot and which character would work best with those mechanics. So in all honesty, I think any character from PS and PSO is possible.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This perpetuates the belief that the final character is a climax. But that's only true insofar as being the last, not insofar as being treated more ceremoniously than what preceded it. If you look at the promotional roadmap, it's almost the inverse to a typical narrative structure that would entail a climax.

Directs and Smash announcements have a sort of symbiosis where one helps boost the engagement of the other, so them deliberately skipping a reveal just to throw it out within that same window doesn't make a lot of sense.

Reveals happening during Sakurai presents was always just a function of there not being a Direct within proximity anyway.

Well, that's always possible.

SKX31

Smash Master
I'm a bit hesitant to say for sure that the Direct's coming next week guaranteed.

But between the NSO rumors, and now Monolith's website maint, it does seem plausible, moreso than normal.

The fact this could all be done in 7 days is surreal.
Especially since a lot of stuff happened this past month:

• The 8 / 8 / 2018 Direct being privated / deleted with en masse.
  • Venus closing down this thread for a minute when a user quintupled down on Nahobino.
  • A lot of crazy arguments. Lets just say that.

What if they DONT reveal the final character then and there but instead announce a date for a final presentation, stating the last character will be revealed there?

if that’s the case I hope we don’t have to wait more than 3 weeks for the final presentation
We Riot.

:4pacman:

The reason people expect it is we've never had a Direct during a Smash cycle without Smash news, even the Feb 2019 Direct they still were able to squeeze blood from a stone and show us like 5 seconds of Joker and say "He's coming soon!"
TBF that was also since Plant had recently released by that time, and it was likely planned as a base game character initially (didn't help that its reception was relatively tepid compared to Joker, although yes that's an unfair comparision). Also, the 3.0.0 update was a big one TBF, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to try and fill the gap.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Alternatively, we get neither of them and we're living in the worst timeline and the Phantasy Star rep is Ethan Waber
Not the worst timeline, since he would likely come with this outfit.

Worst timeline would be Gene, the girl with a case of "This girl is wearing too much, let's reduce what she has on even more." Although she's probably not the worst character-wise, since I don't know about her and haven't played the mobile game, why the frick did they reduce her outfit even more?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Telling yall right now it’s gonna be the penguin from club penguin

fits mute theory
isn’t from the 2010s
Is a new company
Fits purple theory
Would be as complicated as Steve
Brings a unique gimmick

I’m telling you, it’s gonna be the penguin and sakurai is gonna tell us how he still plays club penguin rewritten

I’m joking……….. but only 70% joking

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Mind if I ask but who exactly would work for a PSO rep? I imagine the original series has a main character you could use but MMOs don't really have descript main characters. Maybe there's like a popular NPC? Idk anything about PSO2 other than MoistCr1ritikal's video on it hahaha!
Ivander made a great description in a post some time ago. He quoted it himself, but here you go, just in case. There's also this older post talking about the Hero class, whic is based around changing between weapons.

Ivander also made one other post about content, like songs and a possible stage, but I can't find it for life.

Interesting question, and I honestly believe both options are valid choices - it does kinda annoy me when speculators boil Phantasy Star discussion down to only PSO, or even just PSO2.

I think it depends on what route you want to take with this. I think PSO is obviously more popular overall, but the classic stuff also has a pretty big following and is also where some of the most iconic characters in the entire franchise come from. Again, it's up to what direction you want to take things. As for me, I'd personally put it this way: do you want to go for the most popular games or the most iconic character? If the former, PSO. If the latter, classic PS. At least that's how I see it.

I'm not entirely positive, since it's really a case of which character does Sakurai think will work better.
  • Alis Landale is a case where she can be used to represent OG and Online, as she does have a "version" in PSO2, but she doesn't exactly bring anything exactly new concept wise, since she's still mainly a swordswoman. Other main characters are Rolf from PS2, Rhys from PS3 and Chaz from PS4 and they aren't really different from Alis.
  • Nei from PS2 is a case of being one of the most popular PS characters, being the base for the Neuman race, and her design was used for an outfit set in PSO2, but she's also a case of "Not for good boys and girls" with her outfit. In terms of weaponry, she uses claws, which are a recurring weapon in the Online series and would also be the basis for the Wired Lance weapon in PSO2, so she can be made pretty unique gameplay wise.
  • In the case for Online, you do have the main Avatar characters, which I've made a post about, alongside Matoi.

If not using the Avatar characters, the most notable NPCs/Characters are Ash Canaan(as he is a character in original PSO), Sue, Kireek(he's probably the most popular PSO NPC), Ethan Weber from Universe, Nagisa(being one of the first Deuman characters) from Portable 2 Infinity and Matoi from PSO2. There are a whole bunch of notable and important characters in PSO2, but Matoi is the most prominent one, as she is the most recurring character in the main story, becomes one of the most powerful characters and is one of two characters who have the title of "Guardian", the other one being your character. And you and her are practically each other's half of a whole.

In the end, I'm not really sure who would get in, since it's really Sakurai's decision. Both Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star Online were big deals when they were released. The games themselves have a lot of unique mechanics and weaponry that can be used for unique gameplay, while the characters themselves aren't exactly unique look-wise aside from their "space warrior" look, which there aren't a lot of characters from space games aside from Metroid, F-Zero, Star Fox and somewhat Xenoblade.
So since Sakurai wants to make sure the character is fun to play and not just recognizable, the character he would pick would most likely be based around the gameplay mechanics and whatnot and which character would work best with those mechanics. So in all honesty, I think any character from PS and PSO is possible.
Makes sense. Though my issue with someone like Alis or Nei (remember, I didn't play OG PS, so I've got no intimate knowledge of the characters) is that they seem to, well, not have a lot of techniques associated with them. Looking at their abilities very quickly in the wiki, it looks like Alis' only offensive Technique is a Fire one, and Nei pretty much only learns support Techs.

If that's the case, then the Smash team would probably have to pull a Hero/Ness, with either Alis or Nei using Techs they don't normally have in their home games. Well, either that or focus around the different weapons of Phantasy Star. Which isn't impossible, I suppose, if it nets a popular character for the fans.

Not the worst timeline, since he would likely come with this outfit.

Worst timeline would be Gene, the girl with a case of "This girl is wearing too much, let's reduce what she has on even more." Although she's probably not the worst character-wise, since I don't know about her and haven't played the mobile game, why the frick did they reduce her outfit even more?
Real talk, I love how insane the fashion sense of PSO characters is. And with NGS letting you equip a lot of accessories, my guess is that it'll become even more bonkers as content releases.

Also

Googles Gene

Oh damn. And people thought the Aegis and Mai weren't for good boys and girls already...

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Id be super down with Elenor too
A trap using projectile robot fighter could be cool.

Let her use launchers, rifles, handguns, and mechguns. have her moveset be based off photon moves from Ranger PSO2
Give her a Frozen Shooter for extra annoyance.

Weak Bullet and PA's as her main gimmick.
MAG Photon Blast as final smash.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Did you try finding threads for individual characters from the series like Alis?
I found one for Alis just now, but it has three posts and it's not even registered in the Newcomer Directory.

It legit went almost three years without posts since it was opened in 2018.

Didn't find any results for Nei or any PSO/PSO2 character, though. Which is just wild to me, considering that the series seems to have a decent enough following among Nintendo fans - and even some in this thread.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ivander made a great description in a post some time ago. He quoted it himself, but here you go, just in case. There's also this older post talking about the Hero class, whic is based around changing between weapons.

Ivander also made one other post about content, like songs and a possible stage, but I can't find it for life.

Makes sense. Though my issue with someone like Alis or Nei (remember, I didn't play OG PS, so I've got no intimate knowledge of the characters) is that they seem to, well, not have a lot of techniques associated with them. Looking at their abilities very quickly in the wiki, it looks like Alis' only offensive Technique is a Fire one, and Nei pretty much only learns support Techs.

If that's the case, then the Smash team would probably have to pull a Hero/Ness, with either Alis or Nei using Techs they don't normally have in their home games. Well, either that or focus around the different weapons of Phantasy Star. Which isn't impossible, I suppose, if it nets a popular character for the fans.

Real talk, I love how insane the fashion sense of PSO characters is. And with NGS letting you equip a lot of accessories, my guess is that it'll become even more bonkers as content releases.

Also

Googles Gene

Oh damn. And people thought the Aegis and Mai weren't for good boys and girls already...
“Matoi’s design is too horny”
Gene: “hold my beer”

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I found one for Alis just now, but it has three posts and it's not even registered in the Newcomer Directory.

Didn't find any results for Nei or any PSO/PSO2 character, though. Which is just wild to me, considering that the series seems to have a decent enough following among Nintendo fans - and even some in this thread.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

Rika has a thread too, actually

also I mean considering that it took a fake 4chan leak to get this community to discuss PS at all, I'm not that surprised that there are still major contenders without threads

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So the thing I'm learning most about PSO2 from all of this is

Booba.
Reject speculation, return to Thirst Theory.

Wow, this one wasn't listed in the diretory either. Thanks!

Rika has a thread too, actually

also I mean considering that it took a fake 4chan leak to get this community to discuss PS at all, I'm not that surprised that there are still major contenders without threads
Yeah, but that's what's so wild to me. We've got Sony characters with easier-to-find threads than PS reps. Who, again, have at least some presence in Nintendo systems and thus should, in theory at least, have more support among the core fanbase.

Fun anecdote - PSO on the Gamecube was actually the first time I at least heard of the series. I didn't get what the **** was the deal back then because it was an online RPG, but in the screenshots in the gaming magazine I saw (dunno if they were part of a Sega presskit or not), all player characters had the names of Sonic characters - with matching color schemes to boot.

Seriously, until I saw PSO2 for the first time a few years ago a part of me had thought that article had been a fever dream from my preteen years.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Ethan Waber isnt bad

its just, he's usually associated with early era PSU which was a mega failure in the west that killed any hope of PS coming back to the west until very recently.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Googles Gene
By any chance did you find Version 1? If you did, wait till you see Version 2.
So the thing I'm learning most about PSO2 from all of this is

Booba.
Booba? More like, "Fashion Endgame: I can't believe it's not porn." I mean, it has the Virgin Killer Sweater as an outfit. Literally.

That aside, Booba isn't all that it has going for it. After playing alot of the missions and story in PSO2, most of my thought process barrels down to "It's anime as **** dude." Like if you are a fan of anime tropes like "power of friendship", "by your powers combined", "inspirational speeches", "We're going to save you no matter what", like many of the classic anime tropes, it goes "Big Ham" on all of them. And it's awesome. Especially in regards to two of the Urgent Quests you do.
The bottom one would be perfect Final Smash material, especially if the character in question using it has 4 character costumes(like Hero) and the Final Smash involves all 4 of them.

And yes, at the end of most Big Urgent Quests, everybody poses for a picture after the battle. And there are some wacky poses.
When I checked, the only ones I found were Alis and Rika(which has been used for general PS characters), but they are low. Apparently there was one for Ethan for Smash 4, but that one was low too. Either way, Phantasy Star is definitely not a topic of attention in general. I think the only reason people speculate about Phantasy Star over here is because of how much me and Captain Shwampy Captain Shwampy have talked about it in regards to it's importance to Sega and Sakurai, and because of PSO2 finally coming out to the West.

Last edited:

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
What if they DONT reveal the final character then and there but instead announce a date for a final presentation, stating the last character will be revealed there?
I actually think this would be a great idea. Kind of like how they ended off Smash 4 in a way.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
any chance did you find Version 1? If you did, wait till you see Version 2.
...Mate, how do I even tell which is which!?

link me in private, cuz now I'm kinda scared I'll get a warning if I start searching art and posting it here for confirmation

Booba? More like, "Fashion Endgame: I can't believe it's not porn." I mean, it has the Virgin Killer Sweater as an outfit. Literally.
Fashion is a flat circle. Eventually we'll go back to nothing but leaves to cover our groins.

When I checked, the only ones I found were Alis and Rika(which has been used for general PS characters), but they are low. Apparently there was one for Ethan for Smash 4, but that one was low too. Either way, Phantasy Star is definitely not a topic of attention. I think the only reason people speculate about Phantasy Star over here is because of how much me and Captain Shwampy Captain Shwampy Captain Shwampy Captain Shwampy have talked about it in regards to it's importance to Sega and Sakurai, and because of PSO2 finally coming out to the West.
Yeah, no joke. Looking a bit over the franchise's history, it's influenced a lot of games over the years, including Monster Hunter and later entries of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

I'm willing to bet Xenoblade too (hell, maybe even the other Xeno series). First thing that came to mind when I first played NGS was "this is like Xenoblade, but MMO".

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I never see this get talked about around here but I know it’s been mentioned before.

what game series/franchises were still relevant around 2018 and 2019

from speculation of what we know about the pass, we know the fighters pass was seemingly chosen around 2018 and 2019. Since 5 of the fighters in this pass so far have not been shill picks is it probably safe to say that fp11 isn’t gonna be a shill pick (won’t be in to sell an upcoming game) and will probably be from a game series that was still relevant in 2019

so what game franchises were relevant around 2018 and 2019. It doesn’t narrow things down much but it’ll be fun to hear people’s opinions on franchises still relevant around that time.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
...Mate, how do I even tell which is which!?

link me in private, cuz now I'm kinda scared I'll get a warning if I start searching art and posting it here for confirmation

Fashion is a flat circle. Eventually we'll go back to nothing but leaves to cover our groins.

Yeah, no joke. Looking a bit over the franchise's history, it's influenced a lot of games over the years, including Monster Hunter and later entries of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

I'm willing to bet Xenoblade too (hell, maybe even the other Xeno series). First thing that came to mind when I first played NGS was "this is like Xenoblade, but MMO".
That's funny cause the first time I played Xenoblade, I was thinking "this is like an MMO but single player."

Ivander

Smash Legend
That's funny cause the first time I played Xenoblade, I was thinking "this is like an MMO but single player."
Believe me, you have no idea how much I was comparing New Genesis hub area to New Los Angeles(except no where near as big as NLA) and the Aelio Region to Primordia from Xenoblade X.

Oh, and KOS-MOS from Xenosaga is a popular creation with New Genesis' character creator.

SKX31

Smash Master
When I checked, the only ones I found were Alis and Rika(which has been used for general PS characters), but they are low. Apparently there was one for Ethan for Smash 4, but that one was low too. Either way, Phantasy Star is definitely not a topic of attention in general. I think the only reason people speculate about Phantasy Star over here is because of how much me and Captain Shwampy Captain Shwampy have talked about it in regards to it's importance to Sega and Sakurai, and because of PSO2 finally coming out to the West.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's because PSO like a lot of games have at least segments of their respective fanbases that focus a lot on their game of choice and not that much on other games. This does not mean that the majority of the fanbase doesn't play other games, mind, but there's a tendency amongst a lot of those communities to stick around a certain game and mainly talk about that. To a larger degree than say a lot of other Sega or Nintendo fanbases.

And no, I'm not just talking significant segments of multiplayer franchises like CoD or WoW as potential comparisions to PSO, but also mainly single player games with a ton of content tends to fall under this umbrella too. Whether grand strategy games like Total War or more casual-oriented games like Candy Crush: there doesn't seem to be as big of a "crossover" to other games as with more "connected" fanbases (to speak in very general terms).

Disclaimer: I could be at least a bit off here, but it's the impression I've gotten. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

(Also, now I kinda want to see Phantasy Star: Total War. I mean, Creative Assembly - nowadays part of Sega mind - have already tackled Warhammer twice and is about to release the third Warhammer Total War game, so now that you mention it I kinda want to see them tackle a really Shounen franchise and see what kind of insane **** happens.)

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I never see this get talked about around here but I know it’s been mentioned before.

what game series/franchises were still relevant around 2018 and 2019

from speculation of what we know about the pass, we know the fighters pass was seemingly chosen around 2018 and 2019. Since 5 of the fighters in this pass so far have not been shill picks is it probably safe to say that fp11 isn’t gonna be a shill pick (won’t be in to sell an upcoming game) and will probably be from a game series that was still relevant in 2019

so what game franchises were relevant around 2018 and 2019. It doesn’t narrow things down much but it’ll be fun to hear people’s opinions on franchises still relevant around that time.

So like there tons of long standing franchises that still get games but I suppose the main qualifier to your question is relevance which is probably a much shorter list.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Just look up her localized name, Jeanne. And you should see the words Ver. 01 and Ver. 02.
The funniest part to me is how in some arts, the straps are just barely there, even.

Believe me, you have no idea how much I was comparing New Genesis hub area to New Los Angeles(except no where near as big as NLA) and the Aelio Region to Primordia from Xenoblade X.

Oh, and KOS-MOS from Xenosaga is a popular creation with New Genesis' character creator.
Yeah, the whole aspect of exploration and material farming, as well as the design of the DOLLS also give me a heavy Xenoblade vibe. They're a lot more robotic-looking than vanilla PSO's Falspawn.

Even then, the architecture of Central City, the character designs, even the concept of Techs and their iconography.

If it wasn't for the obvious fact that the timeframes don't match, I'd go almost as far as saying that Xenoblade as a series looked visually closer to PSO2 than Xenosaga.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Alright, I’ve seen it mentioned a few times, but how likely do y’all think the Chozo General is?

I’m not confident myself, its just too early for Dread to get a rep imo.
With all of the blatant shill characters having their games heavily advertised before their reveal, I'd say the last game to be likely for this kind of pick was Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which has definitely missed the window for it.

I don't think we'll be seeing any characters getting picked before their game even releases this time around, especially not for Metroid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom