• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Crackpot Smash Ideas:

Sora comes with a stage called Chain of Memories. This isn't a location in the series nor am I suggesting the physical game itself is the stage. No. Instead the stage is reminiscent of Kingdom Heart's aesthetic, and out of context clips like these play in the background.

EDIT: Why do all the stupid posts I make get the top of the page? lol

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That poll and this image here is a funny little insight into a pre-Cloud world.

As you can see, the mindset was that the frontrunners for newcomers were mostly Nintendo characters and Nintendo-associated third parties, like Shovel Knight and Shantae and what not.

Cloud, for better or worse depending on your viewpoint on this sort of thing, pretty much changed the game. That's kinda when people began going crazy over all these other big third party characters like Master Chief, Dantae, Crash, Doomguy, etc. And unfortunately a lot of the first parties got lost in the fold. Chronobound did a great write up about this in the Dixie thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/dix...-out-dkc3-today.446464/page-303#post-24213384
Ngl, I'm quite surprised to see that Mona (A most wanted of mine) actually made it THIS high up back then. Granted, I'm sure it had to do with Ashley already confirmed to be an AT in that game, but still.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Who do you guys think are an eventuality for Smash?
They might not be the next, challenger pack, or this pass, or even next game, but they will come.
I think Issac, Waluigi, and A second Sonic Character are gonna come eventually.
Rex and Akira Howard, for next game if not this one

SharkLord

Smash Hero
They might not be the next, challenger pack, or this pass, or even next game, but they will come.
I think Bandana Dee's gonna come eventually. He's been a consistent character in the Kirby series, and he's got a lot of popularity to boot.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Ring fit is the only one I'm semi-confident will make it in in the next game but even then, I'm not that confident.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Crash is definitely one of those characters who's a matter of when rather than if.

Aside from that, I honestly don't know.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
especially when there are many big-name 3rd parties on the table competing with them
Those big name 3rd parties also have to compete with this fact
downhill.jpg

We have already passed the point where the most "hype" reveal has been revealed. 90% of everyone who would've bought FP2 has bought it, so they might as well go for smaller characters.

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
That poll and this image here is a funny little insight into a pre-Cloud world.

As you can see, the mindset was that the frontrunners for newcomers were mostly Nintendo characters and Nintendo-associated third parties, like Shovel Knight and Shantae and what not.

Cloud, for better or worse depending on your viewpoint on this sort of thing, pretty much changed the game. That's kinda when people began going crazy over all these other big third party characters like Master Chief, Dantae, Crash, Doomguy, etc. And unfortunately a lot of the first parties got lost in the fold. Chronobound did a great write up about this in the Dixie thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/dix...-out-dkc3-today.446464/page-303#post-24213384
Super grateful for Cloud in the game himself (I kind of like FFVII in case it's not obvious) but it's kind of disappointing a lot of these characters aren't given much of a spotlight anymore. At least a few of these guys became fighters though.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
View attachment 298683
We have already passed the point where the most "hype" reveal has been revealed. 90% of everyone who would've bought FP2 has bought it, so they might as well go for smaller characters.
This is far more reasonable than saying that they blew their budget including Steve and Sephiroth.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
View attachment 298683
I can see one more character who isn't one of those smaller ones for the upcoming E3.

Will it top Steve and Sephiroth? Maybe not, but I don't expect them to give something obscure for E3, of all places.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
They might not be the next challenger pack, or this pass, or even next game, but they will come.
Bandana Dee, Octoling, and Ring Fit person are all locks for the next game. If Undertale stays relevant, it will also get something.

Last edited:

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
Another Zelda rep feels likely to me. The series is bigger than ever and given its focus on more frequent releases and gradually allowing spin-offs, I suspect that will pay off in a new Smash fighter at some point.
I'd say so too and I still think there's a chance we might get someone from the BoTW sequel. That being said I'd be just a bit disappointed if we got an entirely new Zelda character and not someone like Minda, Skull Kid, or Impa.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Asked Gamefaqs a Similar Question to this, so I'll ask Smashboards as well

Would Another Sonic Character (Eggman, Tails, Shadow, & Knuckles) actually be more hype (on a Majority basis) than Sephiroth? Would you say Those 4 Characters are more Iconic than Sephiroth, and therefore perhaps garner a reaction bigger than him?

SKX31

Smash Master
Hot takes ahoy:

Mobile Rep. This is an insanely huge category, so it feels like a cop-out answer. However, there's a point to be made that the Switch and future Nintendo consoles are probably better positioned to have ports of mobile games than the Switch and future Nintendo consoles are with PS5 / XSX games and beyond. Nintendo's shown interest in the field too - despite the fact that they've stumbled there and despite the fact the Play Store and Apple Store rewards what Nintendo would never admit to doing themselves. Namely "copying the best practices". Especially when there are likely 1 million+ F2P games out there already; there's no real incentive for mobile game devs to even have $5-to-buy games on the Stores.

Hell, hot take #2: if the Battlefront 2 debacle hadn't happened and spurred many European countries to tighten their lootbox laws then I could perhaps see a world where Euden's already gotten in.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master

Would Another Sonic Character (Eggman, Tails, Shadow, & Knuckles) actually be more hype (on a Majority basis) than Sephiroth? Would you say Those 4 Characters are more Iconic than Sephiroth, and therefore perhaps garner a reaction bigger than him?
Its one of those odd cases where the likes of Eggman and Tails are probably better known than Sephiroth in sheer numbers (I mean the former two were in a major motion picture after all) but the latter likely strikes more people with sheer hype about them being in Smash.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I'm just going to go with a very blunt no on a second Sonic rep being more hype.

It doesn't matter whether or not another Sonic rep would be more iconic than Sephiroth because the way Sephi's trailer was structured is pretty much meant to make it a meteoric (pun absolutely intended) announcement.

People from all over the world absolutely lost it when hearing the first couple of notes of One-Winged Angel, a testament to how legendary this track and Sephiroth as a character have become over the last 24 years.

A Sonic rep wouldn't have the same kind of magic Sephiroth did. They'd be hype, but I doubt they'd top him.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

I guess, its hard to gauge “hype” as its just an arbitrary measure for excitement.
It would also depend on how this Sonic character would play or how they’re reveal trailer was made. Sephiroths reveal trailer made me hyped and I still haven’t gotten around to FF7.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
They might not be the next challenger pack, or this pass, or even next game, but they will come.
Crash Bandicoot

He just makes way too much sense not to be in Smash.

I mean his ****ing name rhymes with it for godsakes.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
How on earth is that legal?
Being a YouTuber isn't considered a real job by juridic systems, iirc, so there's no law against underpaying employees when you're a business like GamXplain.

It's a big loophole abuse, so technically, Andre Segers didn't break any laws.

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I think we see Springman and Rex at some point soon I’m thinking next smash game

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think we see Springman and Rex at some point soon I’m thinking next smash game
Not so sure about Springo myself. Min Min is essentially Him But Cooler(TM).

I COULD see Ribbon Girl tho. Or maybe even... Dr. Coyle? God I just NEED a humanoid female villain so badly

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Being a YouTuber isn't considered a real job by juridic systems, iirc, so there's no law against underpaying employees when you're a business like GamXplain.

It's a big legal loophole, so technically, Andre Segers didn't break any laws.
yeah I didn't buy that "leaving on good terms" stuff.

when every other person working there "coincidently" all have a reason to leave at the same time it's pretty hard to believe.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Also regarding Sephiroth, There is something else I want to ask

Around 24:43 Seconds

While it's very likely a Typo, is there a Possibility that Sephiroth might have been intially planned to be Challenger Pack 6 (therefore the first character revealed)?

Sephiroth honestly makes much more sense as that Bombshell 1st Reveal than Min-Min, and FF7R was released around April, so it would capitalize around that hype.

I guess the possibility would depend on if Min-Min and Sephiroth were in similar Stages of Development and got switched (Honestly I think Steve would just stay put even in this scenario, with Min-Min being more of the Priority

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Not so sure about Springo myself. Min Min is essentially Him But Cooler(TM).

I COULD see Ribbon Girl tho. Or maybe even... Dr. Coyle? God I just NEED a humanoid female villain so badly
That reminds me of that one time I dreamt the ARMS fighter was an aged-up Mechanica with actual ARMS and not just a mech. Back then I had a minor theory that Mechanica would be the star of ARMS 2 with actual ARMS, since she was young enough that they could still kick in.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
While it's very likely a Typo, is there a Possibility that Sephiroth might have been intially planned to be Challenger Pack 6 (therefore the first character revealed)?
No, it was a typo. Plain and simple.

Sephiroth honestly makes much more sense as that Bombshell 1st Reveal than Min-Min, and FF7R was released around April, so it would capitalize around that hype.
Because clearly Sephiroth, one of gaming's most iconic villains, needs shilling to be justified into being in Smash :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom