• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Cacomallow confirmed

I'm pretty sure the leaker was right about the wrong game tho /s
I'm honestly more shocked that Fall Guys is still alive lmao.

Also that absolute garbage '100 Interesting Nintendo characters' tweet featuring Wario 2, Yoshi 2 and Pit 3 got on my timeline and I now hate people who pretend that the tweet isn't an absolute joke

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
There was a first party roster going around, and while i like the premise it was bloated to the point that i think the message was lost (Master of Disguise Wario will not make anyone hype). Here's a more concise list of 30 cool first parties.
firstparty.png

maybe swap Starfy for DK Jr.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There was a first party roster going around, and while i like the premise it was bloated to the point that i think the message was lost (Master of Disguise Wario will not make anyone hype). Here's a more concise list of 30 cool first parties.
View attachment 298637
maybe swap dtarfy for DK Jr.
Elma, Octoling and Akira
say no more I am sold

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Also that absolute garbage '100 Interesting Nintendo characters' tweet featuring Wario 2, Yoshi 2 and Pit 3 got on my timeline and I now hate people who pretend that the tweet isn't an absolute joke
Your Telling me you don't actually want Squints very very hard Tin Star the titular character from the obscure SNES game of the same name, PREPOSTEROUS

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Your Telling you don't actually want Squints very very hard Tin Star the titular character from the obscure SNES game of the same name, PREPOSTEROUS
All I'm saying is that if you want to convince people that first parties can be exciting then don't scrape the bottom of the barrel with **** like Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Mook. **** gives me secondhand embarassment lmao

Lyncario

Smash Ace
View attachment 298637
maybe swap Starfy for DK Jr.
That's a good first party line-up, even if I would personaly put a gen 5 pokemon and Hades on it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The only thing I see a bit lacking in that lineup is no F-Zero rep. I prefer Black Shadow or Deathborn but I’ll take anyone else too

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The worst part of that list is that despite having some really bad choices like Yarn yoshi, Disguise Wario and Koopa troopa, there's a lot of way more popular choice he forgot like Octoling, Rex and Pyra, Akira Howard, Ring fit trainer. He also put Rick Kine and Coo for Kirby rep, but not Adeleine or Dark matter or really pretty much any Kirby vilains is way more popular than Rick Kine and Coo. It seems like he just hit the bottom of the barrel for the sake of it instead of adding actually popular first parties.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The worst part of that list is that despite having some really bad choices like Yarn yoshi, Disguise Wario and Koopa troopa, there's a lot of way more popular choice he forgot like Octoling, Rex and Pyra, Akira Howard, Ring fit trainer. He also put Rick Kine and Coo for Kirby rep, but not Adeleine or Dark matter or really pretty much any Kirby vilains is way more popular than Rick Kine and Coo. It seems like he just hit the bottom of the barrel for the sake of it instead of adding actually popular first parties.
Adeleine and Dark Matter were on there.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I feel like the point was including less popular ones. like they were trying to prove there are more options then the popular ones. but if that's true it's odd isaac was on there though

SharkLord

Smash Hero
As someone who knows the guy who made the big list from Fantendo, I can say that he kinda does his own thing. He doesn't really give a %$#@ about what other think. Some of his likes are obscure, and some of his dislikes are pretty popular. I think it was more of an author appeal thing. We have a lot of author appeal things over there.

Anyways if there's anything you want to tell him I'll happily be the messenger

Goombaic

Smash Ace
As someone who knows the guy who made the big list from Fantendo, I can say that he kinda does his own thing. He doesn't really give a %$#@ about what other think. Some of his likes are obscure, and some of his dislikes are pretty popular. I think it was more of an author appeal thing. We have a lot of author appeal things over there.

Anyways if there's anything you want to tell him I'll happily be the messenger
Does he hate Fire Emblem because it would've been really easy to include a couple more of those characters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Does he hate Fire Emblem because it would've been really easy to include a couple more of those characters.
Tiki and Kawaii Idoru Emblem were on the list so probably not. Guess he was worried people wouldn't consider FE characters hype. Y'know, compared to such heavy hitters such as Koopa Troopa, Baby Mario, Pit Again, Wario But With A Purple Mask, Yoshi's 8th Alt and more

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
I'm honestly more shocked that Fall Guys is still alive lmao.

I think Nintendo has some new characters that should get into smash but not 100, that's how we end up with a mk8 tier roster.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The issue with the concept at all is that it's a pretty moot point. Tastes may be subjective, but it's a fact that the current 1st party roster is way more low key than the 3rd party one. The whole thing just goes down like:

3rd Party: We have Master Chief, and Lara Croft, and Dante, and 2B, and Crash Bandicoot, and...
Everyone: Oooooh!
1st Party: Oh yeah? Well we have Waluigi, Rex & Pyra/Mythra, and Bandana Waddle Dee! But we'll probably just add whatever shill character we've got cookin' instead...
Everyone: So anyway, 1st Parties are a total snooze fest.

So, you might find 1st parties hype, but you're not going to convince anyone because there's nobody to convince them with; Save for arguably Waluigi, there's nobody that even touches the majority of 3rd party candidates.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Dragalia Lost just announced that its next crossover event is with Persona 5 Strikers (after it was originally datamined). This makes Persona the fourth Smash franchise to crossover with DL, after Fire Emblem, Mega Man, and Monster Hunter.

Per the laws of Smash speculation, we must talk about this at a great length.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Dragalia Lost just announced that its next crossover event is with Persona 5 Strikers (after it was originally datamined). This makes Persona the fourth Smash franchise to crossover with DL, after Fire Emblem, Mega Man, and Monster Hunter.

Per the laws of Smash speculation, we must talk about this at a great length.
what the **** why is it age restricted

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I missed the piercing hearts of Zelda fans when the new Spirit Board was announced but has anyone used the Koei-Tecmo association as an excuse to shill Hayabusa yet? :nifty:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So how does this do for Dragalia Lost's chances in Smash? Asking since this seems to be the current discussion.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So how does this do for Dragalia Lost's chances in Smash? Asking since this seems to be the current discussion.
If you want my opinion (though keep in mind, I'm a DL fan, so I might be a bit biased), I think all these crossovers shows that SOMEBODY at Nintendo thinks the game is worth the effort of getting them done. That would potentially bode well for a Smash spot.

Also, if you want a good old fashioned conspiracy theory, DL's next Dragalia Digest (they're kinda like Nintendo Directs, but specifically related to the game) is scheduled for March to commemorate the game's 2.5 year anniversary. You'll never guess when Amiibo Theory implies the next character will be...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If you want my opinion (though keep in mind, I'm a DL fan, so I might be a bit biased), I think all these crossovers shows that SOMEBODY at Nintendo thinks the game is worth the effort of getting them done. That would potentially bode well for a Smash spot.

Also, if you want a good old fashioned conspiracy theory, DL's next Dragalia Digest (they're kinda like Nintendo Directs, but specifically related to the game) is scheduled for March to commemorate the game's 2.5 year anniversary. You'll never guess when Amiibo Theory implies the next character will be...
Add another to the list.

Street Fighter II - Chun-Li
Super Mario Bros. - 35th anniversary ends in March
Tales - Tales rep (More likely Yuri at this point)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
If we get Dragalia Lost content in an actual Switch title I'll be more inclined to think better of its chances. Until then it feels like a franchise that Nintendo seems content as keeping strictly mobile oriented.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I don't think that the Persona 5 event in Dragalia lost means a lot for Smash. Persona 5 has done so many crossover that at this point it's not that surprising. They crossover with Bang dream¸ Granblue fantasy, AFK arena, Star ocean, Another eden. They also appear in many Sega ip like Sonic forces, Catherine and Phantasy star online.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Between the COVID spikes and Nintendo possibly preferring the more specific flow of information, I think its fairly realistic to expect much of 2021 to go the second half of 2020 (possibly even more streamlined since the company now has an infrastructure for quarantined development).

Essentially two/two and half months of semi-weekly content (Indie Directs, Partner Showcases, Pokemon presentations, Twitter drops, Sakurai Presents, franchise specific Directs) followed by a bit of silence till the cycle starts up again.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That’s odd; I don’t see anything about age restrictions.
It is on my mobile browser

what was his shirtless alt too sexy for you YouTube? :4pacman:
Something in relation to an M rated game is usually age restricted. Devil May Cry 5 trailers are age-restricted on the Devil May Cry Youtube channel.
not necessarily. Horizon Zero Dawn’s first trailer was age restricted back in the day. That game is rated T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom