• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
You could add Guilty Gear lore to that list.
I suppose GG and its counterpart BB (Blazeblue) are there too though I rarely if ever pay atention to fighting games lore.

Also, can someone explain the list discussion we are having right now? I am a bit lost. Thanks in advance to anyone that offers a hand.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing that makes me throw HEAVY shade at the list is that Sakurai first brought up "The list" back in November 2018.

"The list" appeared in May 2019, a whole 6 months after Sakurai's statement.

Sorry, but yeah, consider me non-believing. I don't care how many it got right, it had 40 names on it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Gillius Thunderhead would be a cool SEGA rep
or Axel Stone

Or just a Beat Em Up character lol

Though we don't have a viking yet so Gillius? 👀
I mean, Bayonetta does count as a Beat-em-up character, since hack-and-slashes are a sub-genre of Beat-em-ups.

Last edited:

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
I read your post.

You're talking about this(Ignore the YouTube thumbnail, it's the first image off Google):

View attachment 326478

Yes, you 100% DO need Direct proof for a leak to be proven as correct, because gonna be real with you, it's a list of 40 names, that came out MONTHS after Sakurai said he had been given a list.

No, I'm not going to believe a list of 40 names is legit, that conveniently appeared after Sakurai said he had been given a list, and the general consensus is it's fake.

If you cast a net large enough, you'll catch fish, regardless of how many holes are in it.
That's fine for you to have that opinion and we can disagree on our interpretation of that leak. Though ultimately I think we can at least agree that real or fake, this list doesn't have much bearing on who the final DLC character is because even is it's real this would not be the complete list for the second fighter pass, but only the first fighters pass. That was the original point that I was trying to get across, not that it was a reliable indicator for CP11, but that it wasn't a reliable indicator.

You might like this thing I made a while back. I only really did it for fun, but wishful thinking never hurt anybody.
I took a good look at that and those are all points I'm aware of, but there quite a few more indicators that point to Asuka in Smash being a more realistic possibility than you may realize. Though I'll wait a bit longer to share them, as I have other important matters to attend to for the time being. Probably after the rest of Sakurai's interviews with Harada is published. I do wonder if he'll touch upon a certain subject which he's touched on before...

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I took a good look at that and those are all points I'm aware of, but there quite a few more indicators that point to Asuka in Smash being a more realistic possibility than you may realize. Though I'll wait a bit longer to share them, as I have other important matters to attend to for the time being. Probably after the rest of Sakurai's interviews with Harada is published. I do wonder if he'll touch upon a certain subject which he's touched on before...
I look forward to it. No telling what will happen at this point, so might as well kick back and wait and see.

BTW, who’s your favorite character? I absolutely adore Hibari.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Can't wait for /v/ lurking to lose that lil' spark once there's no Smash character left to "leak"...
Eh, it'll probably still be fun. The gigaleak back in July 2020 was a trip...

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Can't wait for /v/ lurking to lose that lil' spark once there's no Smash character left to "leak"...
Eh, it'll probably still be fun. The gigaleak back in July 2020 was a trip...
I expect tons of “Secret Bonus Fighter” and “FP3?!?!!!?!” Posts after CP11, I can’t imagine 4chan without Fake Leaks, among other things…

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
In regards to the whole “The List” thing, did Sakurai ever say he had a list? iirc that was just a fan theory spread as fact, Sakurai actually said Nintendo chooses the fighters and he decides if he can make them work (at least on Twitter, forgive me if I missed something but I remember no official word about a list, just in an interview or column sometime after that (probably after FP2 was announced, not 100% sure when) he said he can veto characters if he doesn’t think he can make them work or something, but never implied Nintendo gives him a list).

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Gillius Thunderhead would be a cool SEGA rep
or Axel Stone

Or just a Beat Em Up character lol

Though we don't have a viking yet so Gillius? 👀
Playing through Shining Force games i havent played yet and got to this section in darkness which made me laugh.

What an icon

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Don't pretend for an instant that **** was planned out that way.
Never said that. It clearly isn't, and anyone who claims to have had 20 years worth of videogame storylines plotted out from the get-go is lying.

What I said was that all the concepts that they introduce, they use. It's convoluted, but not without purpose.
The problem is that it's the SAME character relationship repeated over and over again.

The series just keeps introducing new trios of characters, and has them enact the same Sora/Rikku/Kairi relationship with slight variations.
That's pretty reductive but hey you do you
wait for real. I thought they were Japanese.
How

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
black mage when
Ashley [WarioWare] (converted from Swordfighter)
Viridi [Kid Icarus] (converted from Swordfighter)
Lip [Panel de Pon] (converted from Swordfighter)
Veronica [Dragon Quest] (converted from Swordfighter)
Aerith [Final Fantasy] (converted from Swordfighter)
Eggplant Wizard [Kid Icarus]
Kamek [Super Mario Bros.]
Reimu [Touhou]
FF1 Black Mage [Final Fantasy]
FF1 White Mage [Final Fantasy]
Magus [Chrono Trigger]
when?

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I will create the next great Smash leak by just creating a thread on 4chan where I write up every single video game character in existence. It's bound to be right!
I think the fact that Rapper Mario is treated as gospel despite the fact it was probably intended as a meme, rather proves that this would probably gain quite a bit of traction in the Smash community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom