• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Nah, the Epic vs Apple lawsuit had them subpeona all sorts of data including that, how MS handles their competition and all sorts of ****, we know that Samus was planned and that there was special coding so unlike Chief and Kratos, she'd only be visible to Switch players, but Nintendo gotta Nintendo and screw it up when Metroid benefits immensely from such exposure
Isn't possible that it was simply supposed to happen later down the line considering that other characters (like... Naruto I think?) were also in that document and are apparently still coming to the game.
Then again it's probably not happening either way because Nintendo doesn't like when their corporate deals and secrets are revealed to the public, as the cancellation of the Netflix shows based on Zelda and Star Fox show-

In all honesty, though, I don't know how all of this has anything to do with the original point?
Like, Nintendo being overly protective with their IPs and characters is an objective fact and it's totally fair to call them out on that (especially when it undermines the growth potential of one of their series as you pointed out), but at the same time, it's not really pertinent to Smash for obvious reasons.
If we come from the assumption that Sony is no different than any other third party, then Nintendo not seeking one of their characters for Smash is no more than a bad business decision as them passing over Resident Evil or Monster Hunter for example, yet it wouldn't make sense to pull the " it's because they're greedy" card when those series are brought up.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Diablo and Shadow would be so pog
Legit would play for days on end if one of them somehow got in
see of the reason I main bowser is cuz of his design (aesthetically)

To me, Diablo’s is just..chef’s kiss

And in all seriousness he’s got a chance
Diablo has a switch bundle and it was the first Blizzard game to hit the switch iirc, so there’s that

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Nah, the Epic vs Apple lawsuit had them subpeona all sorts of data including that, how MS handles their competition and all sorts of ****, we know that Samus was planned and that there was special coding so unlike Chief and Kratos, she'd only be visible to Switch players, but Nintendo gotta Nintendo and screw it up when Metroid benefits immensely from such exposure
How do you know it was Nintendo's fault here?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
It's a safe assumption to conclude, even if there is no official confirmation.

Many rumors and credible sources were claiming Epic failed to obtain the rights to Samus and Nintendo is known for overprotecting their IPs ever since the 90s.

I agree with you. I just don’t see it happening.
And that's what makes it more exciting.
Even for CP10, this board went all in with predictions, and yet, we missed Kazuya

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
To be fair, maybe someone can correct me on this, but wasn't the continued DQ support (as opposed to FF) because it came from the Enix side of the merger? Like, Square broke off from Nintendo in the N64/PS1 era, but the merger didn't fully happen until the GC/PS2 era. If I remember correctly, Enix still had separate E3 reveals at the time and KH1 is still credited as "Squaresoft".

So it would make sense that most of the collabs were with DQ - wouldn't make too much business sense to end relations coming from one side of the merger because of the other, no?

(Do corret me if I'm wrong, I'm just spitballing here.)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I just can't imagine the last character for Smash Bros. Ultimate being one that was predicted, guessed or expected. What about you, guys?
It won't be predicted, guessed or expected. In fact this character will be so mysterious that not even Nintendo and Sakurai themselves will be able to tell you who it is even if you held a gun to their head. This is the first character where they had to blindfold themselves and create this character entirely from muscle memory all the while making sure they have no idea who they're making, then no one can leak the final character.

Sakurai will present the character as a reaction video to him reacting to the trailer.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
It won't be predicted, guessed or expected. In fact this character will be so mysterious that not even Nintendo and Sakurai themselves will be able to tell you who it is even if you held a gun to their head. This is the first character where they had to blindfold themselves and create this character entirely from muscle memory all the while making sure they have no idea who they're making, then no one can leak the final character.
So an original character (technically)
I like it..

Edit:

Indie World, folks.
Now let's see if the 8.8 directs come back

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
First of all, they have a hardline stance regarding exclusivity. Sure, you might see Nintendo characters on other places every once in a blue moon, but they have a consistent history of not allowing what's "theirs" on other platforms, be it other consoles or platforms entirely. This not only extends to emulation, but also when it comes to their music and other aspects like characters.

So Epic was already fighting an uphill battle trying to convince Nintendo on this.

(Edit: :ultgreninja: 'd in regards to the Indieworld. I don't believe that's the reason for the 8 / 8 2018 removal, since IndieWorlds and Directs have been treated separately.)

Last edited:

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman

We got out the August Indie World presentation, the September Direct probably isn't too far away, it may even happen in the first week of the month.

As always, I can't wait for the Silksong release date to not be announced tomorrow! :estatic:

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Man, I know I went on a rant a few days ago about how I want smash speculation to end because the constant theories were becoming annoying but I kinda miss the fake 4chan direct leaks. They barely happen anymore.

I saw one a few days ago which I screenshoted because it was soo random and disappointing to the point where it looked legit but other than that there’s been non and it’s quite sad honestly. Loved getting a laugh out of them.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Indie World is usually followed shortly after by a direct...perhaps we really will be getting an August Smash Direct.
Would be great. I'd love for Sakurai to give us an official hint as to who CP11 is. Not full reveal, but a hint.

I saw one a few days ago which I screenshoted because it was soo random and disappointing to the point where it looked legit but other than that there’s been non and it’s quite sad honestly. Loved getting a laugh out of them.
Care to send it? XD

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
If SNK just decides to through in another rep, it'd probably be Nakoruru and Rera from Samurai Shodown or - going for an oddball choice here - Dark Ran from Twinkle Star Sprites.
Dark Ran (Twinkle Star Sprites La Petite Princesse).jpg

Twinkle Star Sprites is... is a game. SNK made this. This is a thing that exists and was put into the world knowingly. Let me give you a taste. In one picture, I'm gonna show you what Twinkle Star Sprites is all about.
This is... is a game. Someone made this.jpg

Did you get that? Is that all sinking in for you?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
30 minutes feels short to me

Though a good chunk of the direct being dedicated to Splatoon 3 makes a lot of sense to me.
yeah agreed. Just thought it was random enough to keep an eye on. Usually they’re full of fanfiction games that people want but with this being posted a month in advance with basically no Mario, no Zelda, no bayonetta, no animal crossing, no smash etc i thought it might of been interesting to just keep an eye on. It’s probably fake though

Theguy123

Smash Lord
UM........AN SEX BOT DM ME TOO? WHERE ARE THEY COMIN' FROM.
they’re evolving. Who would’ve thought. What started as a simple Facebook takeover has leaded to Twitter and then to YT and now into smashboards. They’re taking over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom