• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
You know what I have nothing better to do right now so I'll do a little review of thirst theory to see how much it holds up over time.

Joker: I could see some people being interested in the nerdy guy who actually is a thief going around killing people wearing a disguise while fighting with ghosts.

Hero: ummmm maybe there are some people who are that interested in Akira Toriyama's style? Maybe?

Banjo: Why am I not surprised?

Terry: Pretty obvious. He's a chad.

Byleth: Makes sense, especially with the female alt.

MIn MIn: Let's just say that when Sakurai mentioned she is 18, there were some interesting responses in the chat.

Minecraft gang: Why are people into these??

Sephiroth: I could see it, he is rocking that shirtless alt.

Pyra/Mythra: Self explanatory.

Kazuya: He and Tekken in general are just the very definition of masculinity. Literally him and half the roster are shirtless, buff men beating the **** out of each other and wrestling bears.

Oh yeah and Plant too. I've happened to stumble upon a few "spicy" fan art of this and now I'm questioning humanity all over again.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
You know what I have nothing better to do right now so I'll do a little review of thirst theory to see how much it holds up over time.

Joker: I could see some people being interested in the nerdy guy who actually is a thief going around killing people wearing a disguise while fighting with ghosts.

Hero: ummmm maybe there are some people who are that interested in Akira Toriyama's style? Maybe?

Banjo: Why am I not surprised?

Terry: Pretty obvious. He's a chad.

Byleth: Makes sense, especially with the female alt.

MIn MIn: Let's just say that when Sakurai mentioned she is 18, there were some interesting responses in the chat.

Minecraft gang: Why are people into these??

Sephiroth: I could see it, he is rocking that shirtless alt.

Pyra/Mythra: Self explanatory.

Kazuya: He and Tekken in general are just the very definition of masculinity. Literally him and half the roster are shirtless, buff men beating the **** out of each other and wrestling bears.

Oh yeah and Plant too. I've happened to stumble upon a few "spicy" fan art of this and now I'm questioning humanity all over again.
As far as I'm concerned, belt theory has not been killed.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

"Come at me."

wut

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Each DLC fighter's got a belt whether default skin or alternate
i don’t remember min min or pyra/myphra wearing a belt. If they do then my bad. It’ll probably be broken with the last character anyways since practically every character currently being speculated don’t even wear a belt.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
i don’t remember min min or pyra/myphra wearing a belt. If they do then my bad. It’ll probably be broken with the last character anyways since practically every character currently being speculated don’t even wear a belt.
Pyra/Mythra don't wear a belt, but Rex does and Rex is in their moveset for the Final Smash and Taunts.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Pyra/Mythra don't wear a belt, but Rex does and Rex is in their moveset for the Final Smash and Taunts.
ohhhhhhhh so taunts, final smashes, background characters of a stage and a 2nd character appearing on the Mural art with the main character counts. Didn’t know that. Makes sense then.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just can't imagine the last character for Smash Bros. Ultimate being one that was predicted, guessed or expected. What about you, guys?
Of course. Not a single character has been correctly predicted or expected aside the ones that were leaked, like Hero and somewhat Terry. Pyra & Mythra might have been close, but people in general were expecting Rex with Pyra & Mythra, not so much Pyra & Mythra by themselves.

But predicting and guessing isn't bad to do per se. Like I still think Phantasy Star, Dark Souls and Master Chief have a good chance, but I'm pretty open to almost any character at this point. It's okay to predict and guess as long as it's not fullhearted devotion to that prediction or guess. Like watching people say, "It was obviously supposed to be this character" and being salty about it not being that character is just not fun to deal with.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
So - was the disappearing Direct ever figured out? Like - did it come back - or did we at least get some idea of what happened?

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
I'm in the same boat. A little sad Dante is out of the running but anyone else from Capcom would be amazing. They have so many great series and characters that aren't repped in Smash yet.
Shame that even though the new bosses like the old games, Capcom's gaming division is busy milking Monster Hunter dry.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I'm in the same boat. A little sad Dante is out of the running but anyone else from Capcom would be amazing. They have so many great series and characters that aren't repped in Smash yet.
If we get another Capcom character, I would love for it to be Zero from MMX. Since he’s already an assist trophy, I’d gladly accept Bass.EXE.

I really want Pharaoh Man but he has basically 0% chance to ever get in being a random Robot Master.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

Love this idea.
Imagine Sephiroth breaking down like Klavier with his hair flying up and his hands crossed in anguish

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Love this idea.
Imagine Sephiroth breaking down like Klavier with his hair flying up and his hands crossed in anguish
That is what he’d get for the murder of Aerith!:troll:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Not a big of fan but those indieworlds are always welcome and they revealed various new games for Switch (+ some shadowdropped)

That make more likely a general direct by early september (1/2 or 8/9, I assume that would be the latter). Hopefully, we get in the next 2 weeks a Pokémon Presents with more info into upcoming products.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Love this idea.
This is a neat idea but would suppose quite the work for them. Not impossible but I wouldn't expect them to go that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom