• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
As a fighting game nerd I’m gonna scream given how little support Capcom has been showing the FGC compared to how much they used to.
The same. I DON'T CARE ABOUT MONSTER HUNTER AND HOW MANY TIMES IT'S BEEN MILKED TO DEATH! I WANT A NEW RIVAL SCHOOLS OR DARKSTALKERS GAME!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
.....okay what the **** is Thirst Theory?
It's a theory revolving around adding characters that appeal to the thirst of the audience.

For example, a lot of people wanted Pepsiman to be added and view him as one of the prime candidates of the theory, because when they're thirsty, nothing's better than a can of delicious soda to quench their thirst on a hot day.

Retro Review: Pepsiman (PlayStation) - Digital Crack Network

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Don't have to worry about Spongebob as he's without a doubt the face of Nickelodeon (No Surprise) so gonna be expecting the most representation from that cartoon, We got Patrick and Sandy, But Here's hoping for other characters like Squidward and Mr. Krabs.

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl "Top 3" My Most Wanted Characters.

- Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life)

View attachment 322615

- CatDog (CatDog)

View attachment 322616

- Ren & Stimpy (Ren & Stimpy Show)

View attachment 322617
First off, the fact we can make these Top 3s now is wild to me...

Secondly, CatDog and Ren & Stimpy seem to have been leaked by the boxart.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Don't have to worry about Spongebob as he's without a doubt the face of Nickelodeon (No Surprise) so gonna be expecting the most representation from that cartoon, We got Patrick and Sandy, But Here's hoping for other characters like Squidward and Mr. Krabs.

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl "Top 3" My Most Wanted Characters.
- Ren & Stimpy (Ren & Stimpy Show)
Well, we already do have one character from Ren & Stimpy. Maybe they will get in?
They also already showed Spongebob.

Honestly, it seems verrrrry similar to Nicktoons Racing roster.

Sadly, I'm not sure you're gonna see Doug characters, since Doug is owned by Disney now.
Oh, I am pretty sure I won't. I was surprised to see Doug on Paramount+ with the other Nicktoons.

But, who knows? Maybe they will pull a Banjo & Kazooie.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
It's a theory revolving around adding characters that appeal to the thirst of the audience.

For example, a lot of people wanted Pepsiman to be added and view him as one of the prime candidates of the theory, because when they're thirsty, nothing's better than a can of delicious soda to quench their thirst on a hot day.

Retro Review: Pepsiman (PlayStation) - Digital Crack Network
Oh, well then i see your Pepsiman and i raise you with the greatest Soda Mascot: Fido Dido

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, we already do have one character from Ren & Stimpy. Maybe they will get in?

Oh, I am pretty sure I won't. I was surprised to see Doug on Paramount+ with the other Nicktoons.

But, who knows? Maybe they will pull a Banjo & Kazooie.
How friendly are Disney and Viacom?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Wasn't Min Min the reason for the LEGS meme tho? I remember people even made shirts. :4pacman:
I wouldn't be surprised, but her gimmick is that she literally uses her legs to kick, so I can't imagine it was all people who wanted ramen.

EDIT: And if we must use that angle Twintelle is the one who is like 1/3 legs so...

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm pretty happy to see Sakuna get something in Smash. Never thought it had a chance in hell to get a playable character, but it's nice all the same.

I love it when they shout out more obscure games like this.
Game sold over a million copies. It's not something I'd call obscure.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
And Sakuna of Rice and Ruin is deconfirmed. Unfortunate for the very few people who wanted a character from this game.

The bottom 2 might be confirmed for this game going off the box art.
Where did you see the box art?
I don't expect either of them because I don't think that Microsoft would double dip in the pass.
Doom Slayer/ Bethesda was not publicly a part of Microsoft at the time of character choosing.
Game sold over a million copies. It's not something I'd call obscure.
And if it were Fire Emblem, it would warrant two characters. Since 2 million sales is apparently 'great' and warrants 3 characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

[Spirit event] "Rice is power! Amaho no Sakunahime" will be held for 5 days from 7/16 (Friday)! During the period, 3 new spirits of "Amaho no Sakunahime" will appear. Please check it! #Smash Bros SP
That's awesome, this game has an amazing art style.

3 more. So that brings us to 1490 Spirits. Just 10 more until the 1.5K mark!
Well there's almost no chance TWEWYN doesn't end up getting a spirit event down the line so there's a few more before FP11 even shows up.

Did a quick search and apparently the game was originally intended for a 2019 release...could this be one of our missing spirit events?
It could've been delayed since last year maybe, but a game such as that being planned to get content before it even released would be very strange.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Neo TWEWY, Metroid Dead and Shin Megami Tensei V (if its protagonist doesn’t become CP11) can be our final spirit events (with new spirits). Maybe also No More Heroes 3.

Don’t know how far they will continue adding new spirits, I read somewhere that its speculated they will do it until end february 2022. Its possible that we will get a Legends Arceus spirit event (if a Pokémon isn’t CP11).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My priorities for Smash these days are such that despite not having gotten around to downloading Kazuya yet I will hop on to grab these Sakuna spirits lol.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Can make out the some of them and happy to see that CatDog and Ren & Stimpy are in though I was expecting them to make the cut, Though more so the latter.

Feeling good about getting "Rocko's Modern Life" representation, So really not too worried about Rocko.

Would also like to see Dag & Norbert (Angry Beavers) and my choice for "Semi-Obscure" pick would probably have to go to Jenny XJ-9 (My Life as a Teenage Robot).

E6NBMu0WYAsyTN8.jpg

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Can make out the some of them and happy to see that CatDog and Ren & Stimpy are in though I was expecting them to make the cut, Though more so the latter.

Feeling good about getting "Rocko's Modern Life" representation, So really not too worried about Rocko.

Would also like to see Dag & Norbert (Angry Beavers) and my choice for "Semi-Obscure" pick would probably have to go to Jenny XJ-9 (My Life as a Teenage Robot).

View attachment 322641
At this point, I just really hope Rocko's in. lol. I'll probably get it if he is.

Jenny would also be neat too.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The save data for the demo for MH Stories 2 should be enough to get the spirit, right?

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman

[Spirit event] "Rice is power! Amaho no Sakunahime" will be held for 5 days from 7/16 (Friday)! During the period, 3 new spirits of "Amaho no Sakunahime" will appear. Please check it! #Smash Bros SP
Dope, I just heard SwitchUp talking about this one the other day. I never heard about it until now, but it looks charming as all hell. Might have to give it a buy.

But of course, that's his Final Smash.

I hope he plays more like Pokemon Trainer, myself...

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I think it's safer that way, PSASBR tried to be innovative and it backfired hard
Not in my opinion, I actually kind of liked that game.

I'm not saying that ripping off a genre is bad, it's what all games have done. Every fighting game has been a ripoff of the first fighting game, every shooter has been a ripoff of the first shooter, all I was saying is that it would be great if they'd make it a little more different so they can add to the genre instead of literally copying Smash.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
  • lowkey third party
  • more popular in Japan than the west (I think, not sure)
  • probably has a sword
  • fits Thirst Theory

It's all coming together. :4pacman:
Don’t get your hopes up
Don’t get your hopes up
Don’t get your hopes up
Don’t get your hopes up
Y’all are really just playing hackey-sack with my emotions now.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

"Mario Paint" released today in 1992 !! A work that includes a mouse in the software of Super Nintendo and can be enjoyed by drawing, music, and fly swatter. It's a mouse that many people use until now, but it was an era that wasn't common at that time. It was an era such as MS-DOS and Windows 3.1. #Smash Bros SP

Although it is a development environment, it is not possible to arrange assists etc. freely ... This photo was taken on an extremely rare coincidence, with a fly swatter and a fly swatter entering the screen, with 14 (dates) aligned right next to it.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Mario Paint turns 29 today!

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
How friendly are Disney and Viacom?
Viacom and Disney are capable of being friendly?! That is news to me.
Edit:

"Mario Paint" released today in 1992 !! A work that includes a mouse in the software of Super Nintendo and can be enjoyed by drawing, music, and fly swatter. It's a mouse that many people use until now, but it was an era that wasn't common at that time. It was an era such as MS-DOS and Windows 3.1. #Smash Bros SP
I am more of a Mario teaches typing kind of guy but I suppose its cool to see it get some recognition.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Although it is a development environment, it is not possible to arrange assists etc. freely ... This photo was taken on an extremely rare coincidence, with a fly swatter and a fly swatter entering the screen, with 14 (dates) aligned right next to it.
Sakurai Mentioned MS-DOS you know what that means...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom