• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
Ehhh, kinda feel like that's a stretch. Plus the original colour for Nocturne IS red.
I know I'm late in replying to this but I had no mobile data and wanted to correct this:

Nocturne's original colour is blue:
Screenshot_20210713-215517_Google.jpg

Then the maniax release was white, and chronicles had unique box art.

The American release (based on the maniax release) was red, and the European cover also had unique art.

Finally, the extra soundtrack was green.

So while the original release wasn't yellow, it wasn't red either, and more importantly, yellow is the only colour that's been used in every region.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
The source for both of these is VGChartz, which is not a reliable source by any means. Additionally, it's contradicted by the fact that Nintendo said Samus Returns had 'firm sales' in their financial report, which implies it met their expectations, and making the top 10 3ds titles in the US (it's best market) for its release year. At the very worst it did well enough for Nintendo to continue working with MercurySteam and is nowhere close to the situation that Other M or FF were in.
I see. Havent heard it like that but its good to know. Thanks!

Just to be clear, I was just following NessAtc.´s logic to its conclusion. Its not really my opinion that the series is in a bad spot. There is a reason I added "by your own logic, according to you".

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
As far as the Nickelodeon title, unfortunately there's still no sign of any of the Avatar the Last Airbender characters, including Sokka.

It figures, the one time we want an anime swordsman in a platform fighting game, and he's nowhere to be found.
Korra has been sighted on the box art, and it's possible that Aang is there too. Considering how much of a moneymaker ATLA is for Nickelodeon I expect it to have a character in some form. The Western Air Temple has also been spotted as a stage.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
The Nickelodeon game honestly looks like a carbon copy of Smash, not like Playstation All Stars which was at least kind of it's own thing.

Having said that, the fact that it's a carbon copy of Smash means I might try it out.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's 2021 and you would honestly think all video game graphics would be up to date today.

Probably the only thing setting me off from this. Come on if you're gonna do a Smash clone have impressive graphics. Even PSASBR's graphics were more impresssive.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Aged like fine wine.
Is this in relation to Nintendo Brawl?
I am so excited for it.
I don't know if it's the first one, but I would be down for this. Honestly i believe he was one of the exceptions to the "Video Game Characters only" rule that actually has a support thread on this site.

There was some but I don't think there was as much as there would have been for a lot of other Capcom characters.
I do think we're basically guaranteed a Phoenix mii but I've been pretty vocal on his support thread about the fact I don't think he has a chance anymore
I heavily support Napoleon getting in to Smash.
I think I'd be the sole person in the world happy,
but it would be the perfect end for me.
ME FOR SMASH! (Something no one else has legit been able to say!)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Most wanted characters in Nintendo Brawl:
  • Roger (Doug)
  • Twister (Rocket Power)
  • Ginger (As told by Ginger)...or better yet, Dodie, to kick her terrible-friend A**
  • Jenny (...Teenage Robot)
  • Rocko (...Modern Life)
  • Rudy (Chalkzone... I think it would be a fun moveset, if they put in any effort)
  • Every character from Avatar and Korra

I think the most likely (unrevealed) characters are:
  • Several from the Avatar series
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • Cosmo or Wanda
  • A Winx Fairy

Eldrake

Smash Lord
View attachment 322597

This is now a Garfield for Nickolodeon All Stars account.
I just imagine the Mega Man reveal trailer but with Nickelodeon characters in place of the Nintendo all stars and Garfield in place of Mega Man.

So after doing some research (aka looking at the Nicktoons Wikipedia page), it seems that Nickelodeon is making a Transformers cartoon.

What I'm saying is put Optimus Prime in the game you cowards.
Optimus Prime is too big.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Countered given Reptar is in the roster. :p
Man, I just realized, "guy with obscure Nicktoons avatar BEFORE the announcement" must be pretty psyched right now.

The Nickelodeon game honestly looks like a carbon copy of Smash, not like Playstation All Stars which was at least kind of it's own thing.
Yeah, but it's "own thing" was WAY worse.

Better to be unoriginal than bad.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
If they do a fighter pass they need to do it how Nintendo does it and have a cgi cutscenes for each character. We also need a version of WOL or SSE In it.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
This game is worth it just for the memes...
It's just a shame all Nicktoons fans have to stop showering now...

If they do a fighter pass they need to do it how Nintendo does it and have a cgi cutscenes for each character. We also need a version of WOL or SSE In it.
I don't really see the point of that. The pool of Nicktoons characters is way...WAY, shallower than the pool of "all video game characters". Nobody is going to get a big enough pop or be a big enough surprise to warrant an entire CGI trailer.

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Well, here's all the mathematically possible colors for Challenger Pack 11!

The difference between this and last time is... I decided to show everything rather than trying to simplify it myself. While this might look like the rainbow (which, it kinda does tbh), I think you could maybe look at some of those colors and boil it down.

Like, my first observation is the first three bottom colors that exist outside the statistical range kinda' look like duplicates of the last three bottom ones. Even though they technically have different values (which is why they are listed separately), they look so similar, you could just eliminate them and there'd be no difference imo.

But.... yeah. Decided to do this approach. Let me know what ya'll think about that.
Just wondering how did you get all of these colors using math

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom