• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Not that Nick probably ever owned the rights to any of such shows, but if Nick somehow included really old school characters like Danger Mouse & Count Duckula, that would be hell of a way of calling back to its legacy content.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Just wondering how did you get all of these colors using math
TL;DR

I take each RGB value for all Smash Backgrounds, and make 3 separate equations that are then mapped to a trendline.

I get the data to fit a trendline by adding all those values together. And having x represent the number of terms added, and y being those added terms. So... as an example... let's say x=1 and y =39. Then that means 39 is the first term and is only 1 term. If x=2 and y=48, that means that there are two terms being added and that 48 is the sum of 39 and 9, etc.

1626218170139.png

(Graph of the trendlines.)
I then take the trendline equations, find an answer and subtract it from the previous total to get an RGB value.

1626218318560.png

(Graph of the trendline minus previous sums.)

Technically speaking, this is an oversimplification, as you also have to factor in the movement of points around the trendline itself. But other than that, that's about it.

Last edited:

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
TL;DR

I take each RGB value for all Smash Backgrounds, and make 3 separate equations that are then mapped to a trendline.

I get the data to fit a trendline by adding all those values together. And having x represent the number of terms added, and y being those added terms. So... as an example... let's say x=1 and y =39. Then that means 39 is the first term and is only 1 term. If x=2 and y=48, that means that there are two terms being added and that 48 is the sum of 39 and 9, etc.

View attachment 322621
I then take the trendline equations, find an answer and subtract it from the previous total to get an RGB value.

View attachment 322622

Technically speaking, this is an oversimplification, as you also have to factor in the movement of points around the trendline itself. But other than that, that's about it.
So what are the equations? Can you show your work?

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
TL;DR

View attachment 322621

View attachment 322622

Even though he was a bit off, but it's in the color area. His was Light Red, and Kazuya's was Bright Red. So for the last fighter, it has to be around the green color area.
So, my guesses are Master Chief or Doom Slayer.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Even though he was a bit off, but it's in the color area. His was Light Red, and Kazuya's was Bright Red. So for the last fighter, it has to be around the green color area.
So, my guesses are Master Chief or Doom Slayer.
I don't expect either of them because I don't think that Microsoft would double dip in the pass.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
So how long does everyone think this smash clone is gonna last.

I give this new smash clone about a month and then everyone will be back to the old usual speculation about smash bros and asking for better online connection.
Based on the trailer it looks ridiculously janky. It'll probably last a week, then it will disappear. A couple years later someone will remember it exists and it will develop a cult status.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, for the Doom Slayer, the fighters of FP2 were finalized around late 2019 - early 2020, months before Microsoft bought Bethesda.
But still, with Master Chief around, I only expect Doom Slayer to join Smash if Microsoft and Nintendo were to merge and become one company.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
inb4 Doomguy is really Cp11 and the Dragonborn and Vault Boy mii costumes aren't our only forms of Bethesda representation

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
inb4 Doomguy is really Cp11 and the Dragonborn and Vault Boy mii costumes aren't our only forms of Bethesda representation
I think at this point he'll either be a playable fighter or a mii costume, probably the latter if we're being realistic though, he's just too much of a western pick to be shown at the very last moment. Not to mention Skyrim/Fallout are bigger and they got mii'd.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think at this point he'll either be a playable fighter or a mii costume, probably the latter if we're being realistic though, he's just too much of a western pick to be shown at the very last moment. Not to mention Skyrim/Fallout are bigger and they got mii'd.
Doom is arguably more iconic. FPSes were literally called "Doom clones" back in the day, it helped bring about the concept of video game modding and it is responsible for Valve Software's existence, among other claims to fame.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Don't have to worry about Spongebob as he's without a doubt the face of Nickelodeon (No Surprise) so gonna be expecting the most representation from that cartoon, We got Patrick and Sandy, But Here's hoping for other characters like Squidward and Mr. Krabs.

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl "Top 3" My Most Wanted Characters.

- Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life)

81hieE3xSxL._RI_.jpg

- CatDog (CatDog)

71WZ2kqPG3L._SL1500_.jpg

- Ren & Stimpy (Ren & Stimpy Show)

MV5BODdmNDhkMzItMjdjNC00OGNkLWJjNzEtZGY1OTE1MWUzNGU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

[Spirit event] "Rice is power! Amaho no Sakunahime" will be held for 5 days from 7/16 (Friday)! During the period, 3 new spirits of "Amaho no Sakunahime" will appear. Please check it! #Smash Bros SP

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

[Spirit event] "Rice is power! Amaho no Sakunahime" will be held for 5 days from 7/16 (Friday)! During the period, 3 new spirits of "Amaho no Sakunahime" will appear. Please check it! #Smash Bros SP
...I think we have a new winner for "Most Confusing Spirit Event in a While"

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

And Sakuna of Rice and Ruin is deconfirmed. Unfortunate for the very few people who wanted a character from this game.
Don't have to worry about Spongebob as he's without a doubt the face of Nickelodeon (No Surprise) so gonna be expecting the most representation from that cartoon, We got Patrick and Sandy, But Here's hoping for other characters like Squidward and Mr. Krabs.

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl "Top 3" My Most Wanted Characters.

- Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life)

View attachment 322615

- CatDog (CatDog)

View attachment 322616

- Ren & Stimpy (Ren & Stimpy Show)

View attachment 322617
The bottom 2 might be confirmed for this game going off the box art.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I love it when they shout out more obscure games like this.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
It's weird to see Marvelous getting this attention and not a playable, although even with the Kazuya bait-n-switch, i don't think Marvelous is gonna get a playable rep.

....no Patrick, we are not getting THAT franchise into Smash, Aegis notwithstanding.

Last edited:

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman

Ace Attorney is still safe for now, phew. Every spirit event from now on is gonna feel like dodging bullets.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

3 more. So that brings us to 1490 Spirits. Just 10 more until the 1.5K mark!

It's weird to see Marvelous getting this attention and not a playable, although even with the Kazuya bait-n-switch, i don't think Marvelous is gonna get a playable rep.

....no Patrick, we are not getting THAT franchise into Smash, Aegis notwithstanding.
  • lowkey third party
  • more popular in Japan than the west (I think, not sure)
  • probably has a sword
  • fits Thirst Theory

It's all coming together. :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom