• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if Kaz is brought back for the next game, hope he gets Jin as an Echo, considering Jin's been my actual Tekken main in every game since 3. Hell, give Terry an echo with Rock. And top it off with Protoman as an echo for Mega Man.

As for the last character of Ultimate, how many people have considered Konami? Bomberman might be out, but who's to say that Metal Gear couldn't have another fighter? Or better yet, a Contra character like Bill or Lance? Though if you wanted to go extra obscure there's also Yugo from Bloody Roar.

I've mostly seen talk about Capcom since Phoenix Wright's been a fairly popular choice for years now, while Dante seemed like an impossibility that mostly picked up with the likes of Cloud being added. And then some more with Bayo, and even more with his older titles re-releasing on Nintendo systems.
Problem with Konami is that their biggest candidate seems to be out (Bomberman), and characters like Raiden or Bill Rizer don't actually have new big games and stuff to promote. Well, Bill kinda does, but iirc Contra's latest game actually flopped hard and likely killed the franchise away: https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/26/contra-rogue-corps-review-death-franchise-10813330/

Most other possible outcomes would include extremely niche or obscure stuff as you said, but I could bet hundreds of bucks that they wouldn't go that route.
I could see, however, Alucard happening due to 2nd chance theory (he was considered for base game), but I don't think that will be the case when:
-His design kinda overlaps with Sephiroth's a bit too much
-Castlevania already has its fair share of content, having a helluva amount of songs, spirits, and even went as far to get two fighters in its first appearance
-They would have to want Alucard to happen that badly if they would be willing to put him in before another Sonic character, Zero or Chun-Li for instance

Edit: I thought about Big Boss as well but I imagine they would want a more visually distinctive character if that was the case

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yeah, if Kaz is brought back for the next game, hope he gets Jin as an Echo, considering Jin's been my actual Tekken main in every game since 3.
From what people have been saying it sounds like Jin as an echo fighter of Kazuya would be extremely unfaithful to him due to his character arc and resulting moveset changes. From what I understand it seems like Hehachi would be closer to Kazuya and he doesn't even have a devil form.

Despite what Sakurai has said, I do think it is possible for all three to show up eventually.

And top it off with Protoman as an echo for Mega Man.
Yes.

As for the last character of Ultimate, how many people have considered Konami? Bomberman might be out, but who's to say that Metal Gear couldn't have another fighter?
...I have no idea why nobody has considered another Metal Gear character.

Though if you wanted to go extra obscure there's also Yugo from Bloody Roar.
Bloody Roar...Bloody Roar...Is that the one where he turns into an animal?

Wait no, that's Altered Beast.

Wait...Is that the one where they all have animal forms?

Just Get Gud or Blame the Beasts.
Mankind couldn't get gud, so instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.

He'd also probably a strong leaping attack to let him hit grounded opponents, I think every VF fighter has one in their kit.
Hmm...I think I glossed over those since Tekken characters seem to all have one too, but Kazuya didn't get one in Super Smash Bros. Now that I think about it though, I think Akira's would be perfect for an Up Special. The OTG properties would be kind of a meme though since pretty much everything is OTG in Super Smash Bros., the attack itself is quite slow, and teching exists (though I suppose he could have something untechable if they really wanted it to be useful for this purpose).

Makes me wonder what stuff an MK Ninja could get exactly. Cause I'd think breakers or Aggressor maybe.
I still think Fatalities would be implemented by turning the final hit zoom into a "Finish Them!" moment where you could do the Fatality (or just jab them and they die like in a stamina match lol).

The only thing that makes me at all hesitant to this implementation is that the final hit zoom isn't always correct, which means that Mortal Kombat characters would sometimes win at times when they normally wouldn't.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Heihachi was implied to be impossible because he didn't have a devil form. My assumption was that they'd pick someone else because they had more stuff to incorporate.

From what I saw on a move list video, pretty much all of his moves look like normals (he does have a few interesting looking attacks but they all seem to start with a normal move so I dunno how they'd handle it).
I think you're confusing "impossible" with "not as interesting". They could have totally made Heihachi work in Ultimate but they went with Kazuya because him having the Devil Gene gave him more potential. It wasn't that Heihachi literally wouldn't work in Smash.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think you're confusing "impossible" with "not as interesting". They could have totally made Heihachi work in Ultimate but they went with Kazuya because him having the Devil Gene gave him more potential. It wasn't that Heihachi literally wouldn't work in Smash.
Hmm. I think I got that Idea from Sakurai talking about "making the impossible happen" and then going right into talking about the Devil Gene, and the fact that Heihachi not having one is why he didn't get picked.

At another glance, I think you're right; He didn't say that Heihachi was impossible.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Hmm. I think I got that Idea from Sakurai talking about "making the impossible happen" and then going right into talking about the Devil Gene, and the fact that Heihachi not having one is why he didn't get picked.

At another glance, I think you're right; He didn't say that Heihachi was impossible.
"Making the impossible happen" is likely referring to how Tekken was considered for Smash 4, but the mechanics of the game couldn't be feasibly translated into Smash at the time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
From what people have been saying it sounds like Jin as an echo fighter of Kazuya would be extremely unfaithful to him due to his character arc and resulting moveset changes. From what I understand it seems like Hehachi would be closer to Kazuya and he doesn't even have a devil form.

Despite what Sakurai has said, I do think it is possible for all three to show up eventually.

Yes.

...I have no idea why nobody has considered another Metal Gear character.

Bloody Roar...Bloody Roar...Is that the one where he turns into an animal?

Wait no, that's Altered Beast.

Wait...Is that the one where they all have animal forms?

Mankind couldn't get gud, so instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.

Hmm...I think I glossed over those since Tekken characters seem to all have one too, but Kazuya didn't get one in Super Smash Bros. Now that I think about it though, I think Akira's would be perfect for an Up Special. The OTG properties would be kind of a meme though since pretty much everything is OTG in Super Smash Bros., the attack itself is quite slow, and teching exists (though I suppose he could have something untechable if they really wanted it to be useful for this purpose).

I still think Fatalities would be implemented by turning the final hit zoom into a "Finish Them!" moment where you could do the Fatality (or just jab them and they die like in a stamina match lol).

The only thing that makes me at all hesitant to this implementation is that the final hit zoom isn't always correct, which means that Mortal Kombat characters would sometimes win at times when they normally wouldn't.
For the case of Jin being an Echo, it would depend on how much they'd be willing to reach closer to Ken, who's got a few notable differences. At the very least, most of the Devil moves would be the same. Though there are similarities between T3 Jin and T4+ Jin, he does skew quite a bit from the usual Mishima style, in a similar manner to different shotos or Kyo evolving over time, of course since Tekken characters have a few extra dozen moves, this becomes more apparent.

Outside of the Mishimas, I'd shill for Nina since she's my 2nd favorite after Jin. Or Yoshimitsu because his wild moveset would be fun to see.

Bloody Roar is the game where every character turns into a monster animal thing. Not my favorite fighting game series, but kind of neat.

Fatalities being implemented in some way(albeit, it'd turn into SNES MK1 style) could be neat. But like you said, it'd be finicky. Unless it pulled a Death Scythe Mechanic where the enemy just explodes into nothingness once performed.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
For the case of Jin being an Echo, it would depend on how much they'd be willing to reach closer to Ken, who's got a few notable differences. At the very least, most of the Devil moves would be the same. Though there are similarities between T3 Jin and T4+ Jin, he does skew quite a bit from the usual Mishima style, in a similar manner to different shotos or Kyo evolving over time, of course since Tekken characters have a few extra dozen moves, this becomes more apparent.
From what I've seen, Jin seems to want to avoid using the Devil Gene though, so having it be a big part of his moveset would probably also be out of character for him.

Or Yoshimitsu because his wild moveset would be fun to see.
Which game is Yoshimitsu actually from? I first saw him in SoulCalibur so it's weird to me seeing him be a Tekken request.

Fatalities being implemented in some way(albeit, it'd turn into SNES MK1 style) could be neat. But like you said, it'd be finicky.
I think my idea would work fine since the final K.O. zoom in effect doesn't usually trigger when it's not supposed to, but I think most people would prefer it be 100% accurate like in Rivals of Aether (at least, they claim it to be 100% accurate) since the mechanic would assure death when it gets triggered.

Unless it pulled a Death Scythe Mechanic where the enemy just explodes into nothingness once performed.
That was what I was thinking, and it's the easiest part to impliment. A handful of Final Smashes are instant K.O.s like this already (albeit it only happens at 100+%).

A Guilty Gear character's Instant Kill would probably work like this too, though it may be a Final Smash with the same restriction as the others that do this.

This train of thought got me worrying that Sol might have the issue of his Final Smash just being a bigger version of a normally executable move if they gave him a super like Terry. Then I looked up his Instant Kill and...wow it's lame. His current Super would be way better as a Final Smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
From what I've seen, Jin seems to want to avoid using the Devil Gene though, so having it be a big part of his moveset would probably also be out of character for him.

Which game is Yoshimitsu actually from? I first saw him in SoulCalibur so it's weird to me seeing him be a Tekken request.

I think my idea would work fine since the final K.O. zoom in effect doesn't usually trigger when it's not supposed to, but I think most people would prefer it be 100% accurate like in Rivals of Aether (at least, they claim it to be 100% accurate) since the mechanic would assure death when it gets triggered.

That was what I was thinking, and it's the easiest part to impliment. A handful of Final Smashes are instant K.O.s like this already (albeit it only happens at 100+%).

A Guilty Gear character's Instant Kill would probably work like this too, though it may be a Final Smash with the same restriction as the others that do this.

This train of thought got me worrying that Sol might have the issue of his Final Smash just being a bigger version of a normally executable move if they gave him a super like Terry. Then I looked up his Instant Kill and...wow it's lame. His current Super would be way better as a Final Smash.
Yoshimitsu first showed up in Tekken starting with the first game, he's also one of the few characters to be in every single title. He's in almost every Soul Calibur game, barring the very first one that's actually called Soul Edge/Soul Blade.

Normally Jin does avoid his Devil form, but he has been shown using it in stuff like Tekken 6 and that Blood Vengeance movie. So it's not entirely out of character. But otherwise, I figured showing his animations having him struggle in using it would sell the idea, while making him standout like Ken being more Bombastic Cool-Guy than the Stoic Cool-Guy Ryu.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
With that in mind, it could actually be the biggest factor in differentiating him from his dad; as Kazuya's embraced the Devil Gene, his specials and smashes would be stronger while his normal form would provide weaker attacks, while it would be the opposite with Jin; he'd do much better as a human than as a demon because of his detestment of the Gene.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
While I do think it is possible Shadow would get picked as the 2nd Sonic rep due to his clearly more abundant popularity, I’m afraid this statement isn’t completely true. Between ‘06 and Forces, Shadow has largely been brushed aside in the mainline games, whereas Tails and Eggman are the only characters to have maintained major roles in every mainline game. I would say that Shadow’s playable appearances give him the edge in some regard, but I would hesitate to say that Tails and Eggman aren’t given priority when it comes to inclusion in games. That being said, I can easily see all 3 making it in. (I’m leaning moreso toward Tails or Shadow but Eggman is possible I suppose.) This is a muddy situation since none of the 3 characters have a clear advantage because their strengths are in different categories, it really depends on which angle Sakurai is looking at.

As for Amy... I feel like Sakurai would sooner elect to not include any Sonic character at all than choose her of all characters tbh, and I’m saying this as someone who is quite fond of Amy.
Shadow hasn’t been brushed aside. Ever since 06 he’s appeared in

Black night
Sonic colours ds
The sonic boom games
The sonic forces games
And sonic generations
Not to mention the racing games as well
The tennis game
Sonic dark chronicles
And The Olympic Games

Since 06 there’s been 7 mainline sonic games with shadow appearing in 4 of the 7 and has either been a boss or has been one of the most important roles to the game. Wouldn’t call that brushed off

Not to mention iizuka has an absolute bias for shadow. It’s his favourite character so shadow’s most likely always gonna have the edge over any character whilst iizuka is in charge of the sonic team

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I'm not really sure "they know how polular he is" is a good argument for Waluigi, who's already an Assist Trophy in Ultimate, getting in as PAID DLC in the same game. For all we know, it could take more effort than we give credit for.

But more importantly, it'd not only be a wste of dev time, but also a pretty scummy thing to do in general.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I'm not really sure "they know how polular he is" is a good argument for Waluigi, who's already an Assist Trophy in Ultimate, getting in as PAID DLC in the same game. For all we know, it could take more effort than we give credit for.

But more importantly, it'd not only be a wste of dev time, but also a pretty scummy thing to do in general.
This conversation wasn't so you could start your "Assist Trophies should stay as they are" propaganda, that nearly everyone hates.

And I don't see how it'll be scummy when people want assist trophies as playable characters.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
View attachment 322445

Here you go, I’d chalk it up to some extremely lucky guesses though. This person is talking about a lot of post Pass characters even though Sakurai is adamant this is the end.
Even if this leak is fake like most 4Chan "leaks", Capcom and Sega are by far the strongest candidates for one final 3rd party character in the pass if 3rd parties can't or won't double dip.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Shadow hasn’t been brushed aside. Ever since 06 he’s appeared in

Black night
Sonic colours ds
The sonic boom games
The sonic forces games
And sonic generations
Not to mention the racing games as well
The tennis game
Sonic dark chronicles
And The Olympic Games

Since 06 there’s been 7 mainline sonic games with shadow appearing in 4 of the 7 and has either been a boss or has been one of the most important roles to the game. Wouldn’t call that brushed off

Not to mention iizuka has an absolute bias for shadow. It’s his favourite character so shadow’s most likely always gonna have the edge over any character whilst iizuka is in charge of the sonic team
In a scenario where we are comparing Shadow with other members of the same series, we must not overlook that Tails and Eggman have had either equal or significantly greater roles in every single Sonic game since ‘06. Considering Shadow had been a major player in every mainline game in the Adventure-‘06 era, in a lot of cases matching even Sonic’s prominence. I would consider that brushed aside personally as he has dropped off tremendously in terms of relevance in a lot of ways. Perhaps my wording was a little too strong, though I do believe the sentiment itself holds true. It’s impossible to deny Shadow’s importance to the Sonic series past, but I believe the current state of the series is not helping his case unfortunately. My point is, Shadow is by no means irrelevant and unimportant, but comparatively speaking, there is a lot more than Tails and Eggman have strictly in terms of prominence to the Sonic series, especially the current age, that Shadow lacks. This does not mean he wouldn’t get picked, because as I mentioned earlier his popularity in particular is a very strong point in his favour, but I would be cautious in believing that he is undoubtedly the second Sonic character to join the roster.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice

I assume you call it "scummy" because you believe that promoting an assist trophy is putting content that's already in the game behind a paywall. I must have missed the part where assist trophies were playable, had actual, full movesets, and - if the character is given their own challenger pack - came with music, a stage, and a spirit board specifically chained to them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In a scenario where we are comparing Shadow with other members of the same series, we must not overlook that Tails and Eggman have had either equal or significantly greater roles in every single Sonic game since ‘06. Considering Shadow had been a major player in every mainline game in the Adventure-‘06 era, in a lot of cases matching even Sonic’s prominence. I would consider that brushed aside personally as he has dropped off tremendously in terms of relevance in a lot of ways. Perhaps my wording was a little too strong, though I do believe the sentiment itself holds true. It’s impossible to deny Shadow’s importance to the Sonic series past, but I believe the current state of the series is not helping his case unfortunately. My point is, Shadow is by no means irrelevant and unimportant, but comparatively speaking, there is a lot more than Tails and Eggman have strictly in terms of prominence to the Sonic series, especially the current age, that Shadow lacks. This does not mean he wouldn’t get picked, because as I mentioned earlier his popularity in particular is a very strong point in his favour, but I would be cautious in believing that he is undoubtedly the second Sonic character to join the roster.
At the same time, Shadow does get used for marketing, Boom and Forces doing this to hype him up to push copies, including a DLC campaign, the cartoon also joked about him being the most popular character in canon

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I assume you call it "scummy" because you believe that promoting an assist trophy is putting content that's already in the game behind a paywall. I must have missed the part where assist trophies were playable, had actual, full movesets, and - if the character is given their own challenger pack - came with music, a stage, and a spirit board specifically chained to them.
A character with 3 moves totally takes the same amount of work as one with at least 23+an obligatory DLC gimmick. Just ignore the fact that they didn't have the resources for tons of unique newcomers in the base game but went hogwild with ATs.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Doesn't change how it's a publicity stunt like introducing new characters voiced by celebrities who can never come back after their episode due to costs
Oh yea, for sure.
Actually I just thought of a better example than the Sonic cartoon: Celebrities guest starring in Simpsons episodes lmao

but I digress.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I am confident in Konami. People like to point out that they have nothing new to promote but I don't see that as a big hurdle. To our knowledge there are no plans to add a Tekken game to the Switch as of now and I believe Terry didn't have a recent game at the time of his announcement (correct me if I'm wrong). Now I get that with Tekken at least there is the argument that it's a big enough name that it doesn't need the promotional aspect to be added and you would be correct. However wouldn't you agree that I.Ps like Contra and Silent Hill are big names too? I understand they have not been consistently strong like with Tekken over the years but at least they are strong in the legacy department so plenty of people know about them and Contra at least is still alive (Granted all that they have coming out is a mobile game, which why do you do that to us Konami??).

So I do think that there is an argument to be made for Konami's case. If I had to bet on a new rep from them I would say Bill Rizer is their frontrunner with Alucard as a good possibility, and with Pyramid Head and Frogger as darkhorse picks. Contra is a classic run and game game that influenced future games including ones that are represented in Smash already like Metal Slug. Alucard was considered for base game. Silent Hill is one of the most notable horror games and while I have my concerns about how they would incorporate its tone into Smash, Sakurai is creative and Silent Hill is one of those franchises that is definitely worth putting the effort into including it for how much impact it had on horror. And Frogger is an iconic arcade character who continues to get games to this day.

Edit: ***** I forgot about Raiden. He's a good candidate too

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I am confident in Konami. People like to point out that they have nothing new to promote but I don't see that as a big hurdle. To our knowledge there are no plans to add a Tekken game to the Switch as of now and I believe Terry didn't have a recent game at the time of his announcement (correct me if I'm wrong). Now I get that with Tekken at least there is the argument that it's a big enough name that it doesn't need the promotional aspect to be added and you would be correct. However wouldn't you agree that I.Ps like Contra and Silent Hill are big names too? I understand they have not been consistently strong like with Tekken over the years but at least they are strong in the legacy department so plenty of people know about them and Contra at least is still alive (Granted all that they have coming out is a mobile game, which why do you do that to us Konami??).

So I do think that there is an argument to be made for Konami's case. If I had to bet on a new rep from them I would say Bill Rizer is their frontrunner with Alucard as a good possibility, and with Pyramid Head and Frogger as darkhorse picks. Contra is a classic run and game game that influenced future games including ones that are represented in Smash already like Metal Slug. Alucard was considered for base game. Silent Hill is one of the most notable horror games and while I have my concerns about how they would incorporate its tone into Smash, Sakurai is creative and Silent Hill is one of those franchises that is definitely worth putting the effort into including it for how much impact it had on horror. And Frogger is an iconic arcade character who continues to get games to this day.
What about Raiden?

Getting a second Metal Gear rep like how Final Fantasy had in this pass.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Hold up hear me out

I'm not CLOSELY following the PlayStation speculation game, but there are talks of what project "Abandoned" could be: in other words, what is Kojima's next project?

Rumors are that it is a new Silent Hill game..
Silent Hill..Konami..

Oh yea, it's time boys

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
As for the last character of Ultimate, how many people have considered Konami? Bomberman might be out, but who's to say that Metal Gear couldn't have another fighter? Or better yet, a Contra character like Bill or Lance? Though if you wanted to go extra obscure there's also Yugo from Bloody Roar.
Maybe Silent hill? The franchise is pretty dead right now but there's many rumors about a revival sooner or later and even with no revival, but even with nothing to promote it has a huge legacy on it's own (Castlevania didn't really promote anything so it's not really a huge stretch that they could go with Silent hill).

An idea that I have is similar to yours, but with Brutality. Basically if you do some specific things in a match, (like the uppercut brutality that can be done if you didn't blocked in the final round in MK11), the final hit will automatically remove a stock to your opponent. This could work similarly in Smash: if you didn't shield in the game, you can end automatically your opponent when he's at 100% with an uppercut (which would most likely be down tilt). Of course the opponent wouldn't lose his head, he would just disappeared like with the death scythe, but "Brutality" would appear on screen.

For fatality, maybe they could be used if you get a shield break at high percent (I think that the dizzy effect of the shield break look similar to when characters are defeated in Mortal kombat). When you get a shield break, you can press a specific button combinations to get a special combo that would end automatically the opponents.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What about Raiden?

Getting a second Metal Gear rep like how Final Fantasy had in this pass.
On the one hand we do already have a spirit of him in base game and Min Min and Pyra/Mythra made the jump to playable

on the other hand isn’t the music a ***** to license with copyright issues?

Theguy123

Smash Lord

Konami’s a good shout for the final spot. They’re kinda the underdogs but we know they held talks for FP2 thanks to sephiroth’s trailer. It’s just down to whether they settled on a Bomberman deluxe mii costume and a regular mii costume or whether they opted for the extra mile

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I would personally love Bill Rizer in Smash. Contra was the only video game I ever played with my mother as a kid. We were able to beat it using the Konami code. It’s funny that my mother still remembers the code to this day even though that was over 30 years ago. I’m curious how he would actually play in Smash since he only ever had projectiles in the games I’ve played (Contra, Super C, and Contra 3). I don’t know if he ever got a melee attack in later games.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I would personally love Bill Rizer in Smash. Contra was the only video game I ever played with my mother as a kid. We were able to beat it using the Konami code. It’s funny that my mother still remembers the code to this day even though that was over 30 years ago. I’m curious how he would actually play in Smash since he only ever had projectiles in the games I’ve played (Contra, Super C, and Contra 3). I don’t know if he ever got a melee attack in later games.
Even if he never had melee attacks, they'd fill the gaps with some melee attacks.

Like how pretty much every single one of Joker's moves that aren't specials are original to Smash but still take into account the overall style of Persona 5.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I never said it would be the case since she's obviously far less requested than them, but I've always found it silly to say that just because character A is more important narrative-wise or has more merits, should get in over B who's just as requested if not more.

It's the case with people who put Tails and Eggman on a pedestal when it comes to the next Sonic rep, even though SEGA themselves doesn't give them the same priority as they did back in the day.
Mishimas are a big part of Tekken, not only story wise but also gameplay wise. Not picking one to rep the series would be like not picking a shoto to rep Street Fighter.

Then there's the Devil Gene which is also a big part of the story and a significant part of Kazuya's (and Jin's) character. From that perspective it makes sense they went with Kazuya.

If Heihachi was considered the frontrunner was mainly because he was already in the game and because Sakurai directly talking about him back during the Smash 4 days, I'd say. Not saying he didn't had fan support, he had, but it wasn't that big to the point that adding a different Tekken a character would be considered a travesty by the community.

View attachment 322445

Here you go, I’d chalk it up to some extremely lucky guesses though. This person is talking about a lot of post Pass characters even though Sakurai is adamant this is the end.
This justs feels like a monkey on a typewriter situation. Not to say the wording is vague enough so he can get away with pretty much anything, and some of the points are not really hard guesses.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My brother came up with an idea for Bill Rizer’s moveset that I love. His neutral A and tilts would all be his gun and every so often a power up will float around the stage like a Smash Ball that only he can interact with. If he shoots it down, a random power up will drop that will change his gun until he loses a stock or gets another power up. It’s a very unique idea but it would be very faithful to the series and would help balance out his more powerful weapons.

My thought is he could have melee attacks for his Smashes. His specials could be various other things from Contra like the force field (down B), motorcycle (forward B), and spin jump where he shoots in all directions in a spiral (up B). His final smash would probably be the big screen clearing bomb from Contra 3.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
On the one hand we do already have a spirit of him in base game and Min Min and Pyra/Mythra made the jump to playable

on the other hand isn’t the music a ***** to license with copyright issues?
Well Konami and the artists don't copyright the songs on Youtube, so maybe it'll be okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom