• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ok if the last character is Sam from Death Stranding

I'll take it

Would NOT be the first time Kojima Productions was involved in Smash:

According to SmashWiki:
"Kojima Productions Co., Ltd. is a prominent Japanese video game development studio founded in 2005 by video game designer Hideo Kojima, creator of the Metal Gear series as well as the Lords of Shadow subseries for Castlevania. It was established as a subsidiary of Konami. Due to restructuring in the company, as well as a falling out during production of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Kojima Productions was closed and Kojima left Konami, canceling many projects in the process such as Silent Hills. After the split, Kojima would make the studio independent from Konami, developing Death Stranding alongside Sony Interactive Entertainment."

Representation:
"Snake returns to the roster after being absent in the previous title.

Gabriel Belmont from the Lords of Shadow subseries of Castlevania appears as a spirit. Additionally, the Vampire Killer's appearance in Smashis based on its appearance here."

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Frogger as darkhorse pick
*******, bros and nonbinary hoes, here is our final challenger to the joy of nobody
26363.png

My brother came up with an idea for Bill Rizer’s moveset that I love. His neutral A and tilts would all be his gun and every so often a power up will float around the stage like a Smash Ball that only he can interact with. If he shoots it down, a random power up will drop that will change his gun until he loses a stock or gets another power up. It’s a very unique idea but it would be very faithful to the series and would help balance out his more powerful weapons.

My thought is he could have melee attacks for his Smashes. His specials could be various other things from Contra like the force field (down B), motorcycle (forward B), and spin jump where he shoots in all directions in a spiral (up B). His final smash would probably be the big screen clearing bomb from Contra 3.
Ehhhhh this sounds kinda bad as it means Bill would be forced to go to a specific spot on the screen, heavily screwing them over as depending on the stage, this can take a while to reach and the opponent gets to have a unique advantage state where they can then keep Bill away from the powerup

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well Konami and the artists don't copyright the songs on Youtube, so maybe it'll be okay?
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Ferry Corsten produce at least one of the songs on the Revengeance OST?

he’s kind of a … Big Deal

the “sell your kidneys” kind of Big Deal

Gengar84

Smash Hero
*******, bros and nonbinary hoes, here is our final challenger to the joy of nobody
View attachment 322458

Ehhhhh this sounds kinda bad as it means Bill would be forced to go to a specific spot on the screen, heavily screwing them over as depending on the stage, this can take a while to reach and the opponent gets to have a unique advantage state where they can then keep Bill away from the powerup
As long as his starting gun is still good in its own way, I don’t think that it would be much of a problem. The power ups wouldn’t necessarily be strictly better than the starting gun, just useful in different ways.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
That's specifically a DLC song for MGRR, so they don't have to use it if it would be too hard to license.
Wouldn't be the first time they avoided or couldn't acquire the rights to a song written or composed by a big name celebrity of some kind.
I said this on another page, but Snoop Dogg composed a song for TTT2 called "Knocc em Down!" and Kazuya did not bring that song with him.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Speaking of Metal Gear music licensing, I wish Konami were able to work something out in order to still use the classic theme. I know it was basically ripped off of another existing song but it would be cool if they just bought the rights to that song. That song was just too iconic to the series, it’s like if Zelda lost its main overworld theme.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The sonic forces games
There's more than one?

On the one hand we do already have a spirit of him in base game and Min Min and Pyra/Mythra made the jump to playable

on the other hand isn’t the music a ***** to license with copyright issues?
Is that why we just got another version of Snake Eater and that's it?

A Konami character huh?

Not if Kojima has anything to say about it.
Please...I don't want to see anymore surprise baby in womb jokes.

Not Frogger: The Great Quest Frogger. Any Frogger but Frogger: The Great Quest Frogger!

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Would like to point out that Jason Miller who is a famous singer and vocalist of Rules of Nature, seems rather easy to work with. He worked with FamilyJules' cover of that very song perfectly fine, so a big company like Nintendo shouldn't be a problem.
Jimmy Gnecco, who is also a famous singer and vocalist of It Has To Be This Way and Collective Consciousness (the two final boss themes) on the other hand I have no clue on.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Whats with the sudden Uptick in Konami talk?
Is there a new credible leak or is this just a hypothetical?

Either way, you know you want it:
View attachment 322462
Can't believe they let him smother people to death for his neutral B and murder anyone playing the game as long as they're called James

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
All this talk about Raiden in Smash makes me wish that's the case, I'd main him from day 1 and listen to those bangers 24/7
If we are gonna go with cover musicians though, LittleV is no slouch:

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
This is 100% satire; I hope you can tell.
Oh I thought you were suggesting that this would be what his render would be. I dunno, I think it's perfect for him. :4pacman:

Can't believe they let him smother people to death for his neutral B and murder anyone playing the game as long as they're called James
Shulk: "No one here is named James. I'm not sure why it's here."
Mii Fighters named James: sweats profusely

volbound1700

Smash Master
Technically speaking, Final Fantasy is actually a bigger series game sales wise compared to Sonic. Square Enix's own corporate documentation indicates that Final Fantasy has sold 159 million units as a franchise compared to Sonic's 140 million plus that is tallied up on Wikipedia. They're both massive franchises in their own right mind you, but it makes a lot of sense to revisit Final Fantasy for another character given that Final Fantasy had almost nothing in the game prior to Sephiroth's inclusion.

Good point. I didn't realize Final Fantasy had more sales than Sonic. I will say that Sonic tends to be a more popular franchise (at least in USA) than FF although both are highly iconic as you point out. Final Fantasy is probably bigger in the actual gaming community while Sonic is bigger in the casual community (most people still remember Sonic from his Sega Genesis outings).

Sonic also has had far more media outside of gaming with 4 TV shows (that I know of, there could be more), parade appearances, and the recent movie. Final Fantasy has created several animated series that have performed very well (and may even be higher quality than the Sonic content) but were just not as mainstream as some of the Sonic appearances.

However, you are correct that Sonic series has seen better times. In the gaming community, Sonic has become a meme more than a respected character which isn't good. Sonic 06 was probably the greatest contributor but there a lot more poor quality games than this one. Final Fantasy doesn't have a poor quality title to my knowledge.

One challenge with Final Fantasy is that it is like Fire Emblem in that you don't have a single protagonist character that is in every game like the Sonic series. Cloud is probably the FACE of the Final Fantasy Franchise but SE hasn't made the efforts to advertising him all over the place like you see with Sonic and Sega so, as a character, I would say Sonic would be more well known than any FF character (at least in the West). Now if FF had a singular protagonist for every game that SE paraded around in the mainstream media constantly, than they likely would have a more well known character than Sonic as the FF gaming franchise is probably higher quality than the Sonic franchise currently. (Sad for me to say that as a Sonic fan but I have to admit that FF makes better games at the moment).

volbound1700

Smash Master
Bonus points if he high fives Snake while heading to Smash
Interestingly, Snake was supposed to be in PSABR. I always though his appearance in Brawl perhaps limited his ability to be in PSABR but that wasn't the case at all. The Metal Gear Franchise was in the middle of changing Snake's appearance and they didn't want to use their past models for PSABR so they decided to give BluePoint Games Raiden instead so that they could at least have an appearance in the game (this was at least the story according to the creator from Blue Point games. He also cited a similar problem with Lora Croft as to why she didn't appear in the game).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Interestingly, Snake was supposed to be in PSABR.
Not really "supposed" more than it was the studio having had ideas for a roster that truly felt All-Stars, with characters like Cloud or Crash among many others, but things just didn't line up for us to have the roster they wanted.

Stuff like companies wanting to push for upcoming/recent games causing changes (DmC Dante is the biggest example) or other characters being outright refused because the IP owners had their doubts on this brand new studio handling their characters (Cloud was scrapped for that reason, iirc)

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
That's also possible; he was wrong about Square having the very first DLC.

But a part of me heavily doubts the idea that Chief wouldn't be the one used for E3.

If I'm wrong, I'll be wrong, but for my sanity's sake, I'm not going to expect it.

Three of them, iirc. And one of them is Vergeben's, which didn't come true, while another is from ResetEra, which also didn't come true.
As far as chief not being the E3 reveal, if you watched Microsoft's E3 2021 Halo presentation and you are a longtime halo fan from 2007 then you would know how weak it was. i'd give it a 6/10. So the likelihood of Master Chief with Nintendo bringing more hype than Microsoft is basically nonexistent.

Now as for official leaks go I am actually referencing either persons employed at high level by the Xbox division of Microsoft A.K.A. Phil Spencer or High level employees of 343 Industries.

1 XBox Head Phil Spencer has had multiple interviews as of 07/11/2021 with a Nintendo Switch in the background and it means Microsoft is actually working very well with Nintendo.
1.1 via Co-Founder of http://XboxEra.com Nick "The cat seems to be out of the bag on Nintendo and Xbox. You'll hear more in the fall" https://twitter.com/Shpeshal_Nick/status/1380691678072238080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

2 Creative Director For Halo ( Frank O’Connor’s ) Tweet @franklez “( Master Chief is not is Smash DLC. )” on 12/23/2018

3 Official Halo Twitter account response on ( 4/2/2019 ) to If you could bring any character in to Smash, who would it be?
a picture of Master Chief holding his helmet https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1113166542881951744

4 Official Halo instagram account shares ( Mario & Halo ) crossover artwork. https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkRuC6gtw2/

5 Official XBox France Tweet @XBoxFR ( A quand le masterchief dans supersmashbros ? ;) )
@XBoxFR response = Il attend toujours son invitation… https://twitter.com/XboxFR/status/1311676187622748165

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Not really "supposed" more than it was the studio having had ideas for a roster that truly felt All-Stars, with characters like Cloud or Crash among many others, but things just didn't line up for us to have the roster they wanted.

Stuff like companies wanting to push for upcoming/recent games causing changes (DmC Dante is the biggest example) or other characters being outright refused because the IP owners had their doubts on this brand new studio handling their characters (Cloud was scrapped for that reason, iirc)
Or Crash not making the cut because reportedly, Activision asked for too much, even more than the budget that the PSASBR studio had.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
As far as chief not being the E3 reveal, if you watched Microsoft's E3 2021 Halo presentation and you are a longtime halo fan from 2007 then you would know how weak it was. i'd give it a 6/10. So the likelihood of Master Chief with Nintendo bringing more hype than Microsoft is basically nonexistent.

Now as for official leaks go I am actually referencing either persons employed at high level by the Xbox division of Microsoft A.K.A. Phil Spencer or High level employees of 343 Industries.

1 XBox Head Phil Spencer has had multiple interviews as of 07/11/2021 with a Nintendo Switch in the background and it means Microsoft is actually working very well with Nintendo.
1.1 via Co-Founder of http://XboxEra.com Nick "The cat seems to be out of the bag on Nintendo and Xbox. You'll hear more in the fall" https://twitter.com/Shpeshal_Nick/status/1380691678072238080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

2 Creative Director For Halo ( Frank O’Connor’s ) Tweet @franklez “( Master Chief is not is Smash DLC. )” on 12/23/2018

3 Official Halo Twitter account response on ( 4/2/2019 ) to If you could bring any character in to Smash, who would it be?
a picture of Master Chief holding his helmet https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1113166542881951744

4 Official Halo instagram account shares ( Mario & Halo ) crossover artwork. https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkRuC6gtw2/

5 Official XBox France Tweet @XBoxFR ( A quand le masterchief dans supersmashbros ? ;) )
@XBoxFR response = Il attend toujours son invitation… https://twitter.com/XboxFR/status/1311676187622748165
When one of your sources for a """""leak"""""" is crossover fanart, you know you're arguing an extremely weak case.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This could be for literally anything that involves the two companies teaming up.

Doesn't have to be Chief in Smash, could just be something like Master Chief Collection for the Switch... which wold still be amazing, tbf.

The fact that it's a direct "no" instead of a non-answer makes me think that this isn't a NDA.

I could be wrong, but one statement from one person, no matter how important, isn't reliable either way.

It's the Halo Twitter. Of course they'd say they want their mascot in Smash if someone asks them who they want?

That's not a leak, that's just a reminder that twitter accounts are handled by humans.

Again, doesn't mean anything all that much. Just a sign of the two companies being on good terms.

Assuming this is a Smash leak is really grasping for straws.

This is a vague enough statement that it can be interpreted in many ways, from a "confirmation" to a "he wasn't chosen for this game" and anything in between.

But with how heavy on NDAs Nintendo can be, I am certain that the France division of Microsoft isn't all that much aware of what the Nintendo and Microsoft executives discussed concerning Smash.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master

The studio was very aggressive on what the roster should be like and the final roster wasn't what they envisioned but was still strong.

I think what ruined PSABR was the unique gameplay. The finishing moves were the focus on the game instead of the actual fighting.

Although it would have looked bad, they would have been better off just doing a pure Smash clone.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I don’t really understand the reasoning to why people think a 2nd Microsoft rep would happen in this pass. It’s not a rule but there’s no way they’d put 2 reps from the same company in 1 pass. They just wouldn’t.

The only exception is Nintendo because it’s a Nintendo game. If we could get 2 reps from the same company in the pass then we’d have gotten Steve and banjo in the same pass or sephiroth and hero since we know banjo was apart of the Steve deal and it’s assumed sephiroth was a deal for cloud coming back (this one was pure speculation but it makes sense)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom