• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
So, any new leaks or rumours indicating who the next character could be? I got really impatient after Kazuya and i think we'll have to wait at least another four months to know who the last character is going to be.
Apparently not, but it's not like there's anyone believeable at this point. Leaks are dead and PG rarely if ever gets something right (not to mention always talks about the same character(s) i.e. Crash), so I wouldn't listen to either.
Honestly I prefer it this way, unpredictability is fun, especially when this is the very last slot.

Do I want the character to be revealed soon tho? Not really, I'm very satisfied with the roster atm (although still somewhat salty with what happened to Dante), and I'm having lots of fun with Kazuya's stage (ngl the music is god tier).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The older vs newer debate I missed, but I've usually taken the stance of "just as long as they are cool in my book". Granted, I think I'm mostly biased towards 90's and 2000's characters compared to what came both before and after. But each decade has plenty of cool stuff. So as long as the character isn't sleepware, I'm good.

Ya know, I do get kind of annoyed when people just ignore Dark Samus and Bowser Jr. in villain talks.

They're great characters.
Dark Samus is pretty dank. Don't care for Jr. though, but he does count and makes sense.
I think it means that there's a theory here and it's real. We can call it...Five Theory.

Quick! Think of characters relating to the number 5!
Vile's latest canon form is Vile MKV. He can't stop winning.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Gives the Black Arwing, just like Falco's amiibo. Likely just used Falco's amiibo or a base, or copy/pasted that particular snippet of code into Wolf's amiibo. It's minor, but it's the little things that count.
Sadly some other new amiibo weren't so lucky. The Young Link Smash series amiibo doesn't give the Fierce Deity armor in BotW like the Young Link Zelda series amiibo does, for instance.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Doesn't mean that he SHOULD though...
Says WHO? You? That makes no sense. He COOOOULD pick characters that might be more obscure and could provide a unique moveset BUUUUUT...he SHOULDN'T. Instead he should only use ICONIC characters. (Which is still an arbitrary and gatekeepy term to devalue what you don't like and validate the ones you do).

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Says WHO? You?
That's right. I'm here to say who I think should be picked. Just like most people here.

Do I think I could have picked better than Ice Climbers? Absolutely.

(Which is still an arbitrary and gatekeepy term to devalue what you don't like and validate the ones you do).
If your position is that literally every character is equally valid and anticipated(and it must be, because any other position would be arbitrary and gatekeepy), then why come to this thread when your feelings on every character is the same.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What's next, Terry has 5 Special moves not including his GO moves or Final Smash?
Min Min has five forward tilts: R Dragon, R Ramram, R Megawatt, L Standard, L Powered-Up.

Steve'e equipment has five levels: Wood, Stone, Iron, Gold, Diamond

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Tinfoil hat on

Kazuya was the 10th Challenger pack character overall, but the 5th character of his pack.

Skyrim is the 5th mainline TES title.

Devil May Cry has 5 mainline games.

Shantae, has 5 games.

Tales of Symphonia was the 5th mainline Tales of game.

What does this mean?

Absolutely nothing.
Impressive deductive skills there.

Have a virtual high five.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think it means that there's a theory here and it's real. We can call it...Five Theory.

5 years ago Valve released the Meet Your Match update and Pyro won the Pyro vs Heavy contest. Pyro received a fancy update the next year.

Since then there's been nothing, obviously the consolation prize for losing the (first (please Valve)) update is that Heavy enters Smash.

I thought too much into this, but I guess Heavy is my most wanted character right now with Shantae Mii Costume'd away.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Tinfoil hat on

Kazuya was the 10th Challenger pack character overall, but the 5th character of his pack.

Shantae, has 5 games.

What does this mean?

Absolutely nothing.
It mean's it's a good thing that these coincidences all aligned with the number 5 and not the number 6......

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Min Min has five forward tilts: R Dragon, R Ramram, R Megawatt, L Standard, L Powered-Up.

Steve'e equipment has five levels: Wood, Stone, Iron, Gold, Diamond
The last character is Hero from Dragon Quest. And we all know the best Dragon Quest is Dragon Quest V.

Clearly this can only mean one thing: FP11 will be revealed at TGA, because they are the star of this year's GotY
in case you didn't get it, that's V, the main character from Cyberpunk

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master

So did you guys talk about this

Sephiroth seems to be the weirdest character added in FP2, in terms of timing. There's stuff to suggest that he was supposed to be CP6, but this seems to indicate that he could have been even later than Pyra/Mythra

I remember that Sakurai stated that the Pandemic actually messed up Discussions with a 3rd party company, where Sakurai and the team were supposed to present something. It's possible that this could have been Square at the end of the day

In terms of development order, it seems to be

Min Min - Steve - Kazuya - Pyra/Mythra - Sephiroth

If I had to take a guess on what might be happening, It seems the Dev team might have started on the more Complex characters to get them out of the way, as I would say Pyra/Mythra and Sephiroth are the least alien characters when it comes to how they operate in Smash

If the stuff pointing towards Sephiroth being CP6 were true, I want to say that Covid messed up planning with Square, which means Sephiroth had to be delayed internally. The pandemic might also be a big reason they made sure to start development on the complex characters, just to make sure everything is on schedule

Keep in mind that starting work on a character internally doesn't mean they will release before a character started later. since Sephiroth is the most simple character implemented from FP2, it was probably faster to finish and Develop him, even if work on Pyra/Mythra was started first. this would especially be true if the team had to Prioritize Sephiroth if they wanted him specifically to be at Game Awards

This doesn't say much about CP11 since it's unknown where they would fit on this timeline.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I was going on about how I was disappointed they didn't make new stages seperate from the DLC fighters, so I made a mockup for if they did. This is what I think they could've done if they released alongside Joker.

Two Sega stages, and one misc. Nintendo one. Snipperclips and Vortex World would obviously have logos, but I didn't want to make one. I'm already working on a Hero version of this.
I forgot to post the Hero one, whoops. I tried to make this realistic, so no non-Square content

I really haven't played of these games, so if there are any better options tell me. I want to stick with TWEWY/Octopath/FF6 though. On to Banjo!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What if Nintendo had the Rabbids on their list, Sakurai went to Ubisoft and Ubisoft said ”Ray-Man or quit, man” and they quit hence the Mii Costumes, but no Ray-Man costume since they held out for…something i dunno.
This makes no real sense as it's clear Ubisoft is much more interested in using Rabbids than Rayman if you just look at their releases and how the Ubisoft games with Mario are Rabbid games with Rayman nowhere to be seen
Ya know, I do get kind of annoyed when people just ignore Dark Samus and Bowser Jr. in villain talks.

They're great characters.
Tbf Dark Samus is an echo which changes perception, especially as they can stack meaning they technically don't appear on the CSS the same way everyone else does

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
At least you're not waiting for a Virtual Boy character.
Who would that be? I can’t think of any characters who originated in VB game being considered worthwhile.
Um, Pangero from Teleroboxer is right there, guys.

teleroboxer_02.png

(Real talk, I would unironically love for content from this game to get in Smash. It's a fun first-party franchise that Nintendo should at least try to revive. The character designs are so good.)

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Its final smash could be forcing its opponents to figure out how the **** you're supposed to comfortably play the thing.
The game gets rerated due to Sakurai insisting that the fighters' eyes bleed after using it.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Well whaddya know, it just so happens to be the case that Xenoblade Chronicles X currently has exactly five spirits in the game!
. . .I'm still coping.

I forgot to post the Hero one, whoops. I tried to make this realistic, so no non-Square content

I really haven't played of these games, so if there are any better options tell me. I want to stick with TWEWY/Octopath/FF6 though. On to Banjo!
Flamesgrace honestly feels a bit random as a prospective Octopath stage. It would maybe fit with regards to this being Ophelia's starting area, who forms the first O in the Octopath anagram that's spelled out by the first letter of each traveler's name, but it'd be still pretty odd. If anything, I could see Sunshade, Primrose's starting area being featured since she was in the demo, and the demos of games by the Bravely/Octopath team generally feature the respective desert settings, so it'd also pay respects to the Bravely series.
Oh, and the Gate of Finis could also work, even if it is rather spoilery.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Tinfoil hat on

Shantae, has 5 games.

What does this mean?

Absolutely nothing.
Half-Life 5 confirmed :4pacman:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The fact people are entertaining a TGA reveal makes me happy. I was saying for a while after the showcase that you should not expect anything pre October with those comments Sakurai made. Now, It could be a final smash showcase, it could the the tgas, or maybe the fall direct is in October. Who knows at this point? But I would say expecting something in September just doesn’t seem likely to me.

I’ll say this, depending on when the reveal is, it might also benefit some characters more than others. More niche stuff like Rean or Monokuma benefit more from a direct drop, while bigger characters like Crash enjoy the TGAs.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Five theory huh? How can I stretch and skew this theory in to my favour?

TimeSplitter Future Perfect was released in 2005!

Cortez meets up with 5 companions in TimeSplitters Future Perfect!

If you have two copies of TimeSplitters 2 and one copy of TimeSplitters 1, that adds up to 5!

In TimeSplitters 2, There are 5 versions of each Privates, Sergeants, Lieutenants, Troopers and Captains belonging to either the Arctic, Desert, Special, Regular and Undead force shown below.

TimeSplitters 2 forces compressed.png

Finally in TimeSplitters 2, in mulitplayer you can choose up to 5 weapons that can spawn in a map.

That means Cortez fits the 5 theory as well!

Time to Split!

Oh yeah I'm ready.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom