• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
If Shadow gets into the roster, I bet Sakurai would give Shadow at least one gun attack just to make him edgier (though he probably wouldn't make him say "damn", since that could bump up the age rating, which Sakurai doesn't wanna see happen). XD
I personally wouldn't want guns, since they remind me of a certain game...

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
lol
I don't think it's a hint, but more so further proof that the guy clearly likes rival/edgy characters.

Anyway, it's kinda neat when one of your MWs gets praised by the man himself
I think he said that Iori Yagami was his main in King of fighters. Yeah the guy clearly loves edgy character lol. Maybe this is why Dark pit even exist in the first place.

This how reboot Dante can win :4pacman:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Need a reminder, did they censor “damn” in Mass Destruction? Feel like they did
You're right, they did. For proof, use the search function Ctrl-F and put the word "damn" in the search box on this article:

I personally wouldn't want guns, since they remind me of a certain game...
I see; personally, I'd rather they give Shadow a gun attack than have him have two Spin Dash specials.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You're right, they did. For proof, use the search function Ctrl-F and put the word "damn" in the search box on this article:

I don’t see why they couldn’t just add “Mild Lyrics” retroactively to the rating

now if it’s “Strong Lyrics” with words that’d get censored here THAT would bump up the rating

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don’t see why they couldn’t just add “Mild Lyrics” retroactively to the rating

now if it’s “Strong Lyrics” with words that’d get censored here THAT would bump up the rating
I blame the "think of the childern" state of mind

Children ruin everything they touch

Technomage

Smash Champion
They can't say "Hell" in the DK rap

Of course they would censor Damn in Mass Destruction lol.
On the other hand, Kaz and Sephy each have an attack that has "Hell" in its name (the latter's move is even called that in the Tips section); on the other hand, maybe it was because it was something minor and obscure enough that the ratings board people wouldn't come accros it?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I blame the "think of the childern" state of mind

Children ruin everything they touch
Parents: "Children can't be hearing this kind of stuff man. It'll ruin their fragile little brains!"
Me in 5th grade: hears 1st graders casually drop the F-bomb

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sakurai, the same guy who has expressed his love of Iori and Navarre, also likes Shadow's design.

Sounds about right. :p
Sakurai definitely loves his edgey black and red characters. He clearly has a type of character he loves.

Which makes his creation of Kirby all the more confusing.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sakurai definitely loves his edgey black and red characters. He clearly has a type of character he loves.

I mean, he did make Meta Knight after Kirby. And he also made Dark Pit too.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
New game: Make a Fighters Pass consisting solely of edgy characters.

My picks:

Shadow the Hedgehog
Squall Leonhart (well, he is an even edgier and more emo version of Cloud)
Donte
Riku
Velvet Crowe

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Black, Red and Blue are good colors, but I think Yellow/Gold is the best at mixing with other colors. Like I really like alot of color schemes where there's alot of one or two colors, but with gold or yellow trims and edges. Like Xander from Fates.

Like you could replace the black and purple with other colors, like white instead of black and red instead of purple, and the gold would still look really good.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I think Bayonetta should've been able to say "Don't **** with a witch." Personally I think the censoring of swear words is a ridiculous thing to prioritize. Slurs are another story however.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Not particularly. Phantom does use a Melee, Ranged and Technique weapon, but it's not focused around switching compared to the Hero and can stick to one weapon. Heck, it's a bit infamous for being a much better Force/Techter for dealing damage and evading and the amount of damage it does with Techniques and it's Melee attack are very much stronger than it's damage with Katana and Assault Rifle. It's not that those weapons are bad for Phantom, but the Rod and Techniques just do so much more damage.

For stages, the most likely stage would be travelling around the outside of the ships of the ARKS Fleet. The Guardian and Matoi are members of ARKS and your main Hub is in an ARK ship. However, you get alot of sight-seeing on the actual ARKs fleet itself and for a stage, you can have the players fight outside the ships of the ARKS Fleet, then transport them to the outside of the different planets of PSO2, like Naverius and Lilipa. They can also transport to the ARKS Mothership and witness it be corrupted by Luther the Fallen as an idea.

As for music, Behold! The Main Theme of Phantasy Star Online 2, The Whole New World

Pretty much the main theme for not just being on the first Intro sequence, but for being used as the climatic final touch of the majority of the Story Bosses. Here's a good case example that includes an old favourite theme of Phantasy Star RPG fans.

As for other music, Phantasy Star Online 2 has alot from ambient tracks that switch to battle tracks when an enemy appears:

To Normal Boss tracks, with most Bosses you encounter in areas having their own theme sorta like Monster Hunter:

To the Urgent and Story Quest Boss tracks:

To some remixes of Phantasy Star RPG and PSO tracks like the one track above:

To the Guardian's own theme in Episode 5 and 6:

To Idol and Concert music:

To the Opening Themes that aren't the Main theme:

To ****ing Leygender! Because it deserves to have it's own Spoiler Slot and Mention!

And there we go People! So many Phantasy Star Online 2 music tracks for you to check out if Phantasy Star gets a character in Smash. And if you really like them, there's still plenty of music I didn't show that you can find on Youtube. At the very least, listen to frickin' Leygender. To me, that music track alone is worth a Phantasy Star character like Ezio is worth it for Venice Rooftops. But still, try to give all the tracks a good listen, even the Idol and Concert music.

Now if you excuse me, after doing this post:
Finally got some time to answer this. Great selection! The locales sound interesting too. I'll admit a few tracks have me hooked now lol.

Honestly, I might try PSO2... if I can somehow find a slot with Genshin now slowly taking over my life.

Uh... have you seen Kirby lore?

Might not be red and black like Shadow and Iori, but come on, I'd argue Kirby has at least half the edgyness. :4pacman:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Finally got some time to answer this. Great selection! The locales sound interesting too. I'll admit a few tracks have me hooked now lol.

Honestly, I might try PSO2... if I can somehow find a slot with Genshin now slowly taking over my life.
It will feel very weird at first since New Genesis came out and New Genesis has a much different feel from the original PSO2, due to New Genesis being open-world while original PSO2 is more mission-based kinda like early Monster Hunter. Also, New Genesis' new gameplay elements aren't in original PSO2, so you will need to find the feel on how to play between them. Also, New Genesis is the one being mainly supported with stuff compared to original PSO2 now, with things like Log-in bonuses and whatnot being only in New Genesis and no longer in original PSO2.
But it is easy to switch between them when you get the option to after doing the New Genesis bit. And the learning gap between them isn't drastic. Like once you learn a good amount from playing one of them for a while, the other is easier to get into even if some gameplay elements are different. And thankfully, there's still a good amount of people still doing original PSO2. And original PSO2 has gotten some changes that make levelling up alot easier.

That said, PSO2's story is honestly decent. Early on, it has a rough start and it's definitely rigid with how it does things. Like you'd think after Episode 2 would end after beating the antagonist and the credits come, but it doesn't exactly, same with Episode 3. Whereas Episode 4, 5 and 6 are much more fluid with it and they actually end for the most part after the big moments.
But the story does get better as it goes on. I think the strongest points of it's story comes from the "pay-offs" from it's build-ups. Like there will be points in the story where they are building up to something big and it "feels predictable", but the pay-offs are much better than anticipated. IMO anyway. And I give it props for giving me some very good dread chills.
That said, the ENG voice acting is much what you'd expect from anime translations. It sounds bad, but there are also some legitimately good voice acting moments. The music is great. Don't expect much from the Partner AI and if you are doing missions where you need one AI Partner, it's best to do those after levelling up alot. But some of the Force/Techter AI Partners, like Matoi, are good to keep around when doing quick stuff, since they come with buffs and heals.

And be ready for your storage to get full quick, especially when material farming. Make sure any outfits you want are ones that you really want to keep, cause they will clutter your storage otherwise.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
If Shadow gets into the roster, I bet Sakurai would give Shadow at least one gun attack just to make him edgier (though he probably wouldn't make him say "damn", since that could bump up the age rating, which Sakurai doesn't wanna see happen). XD
Yeah, they'll censor Shadow alright hahaha he'll talk like this instead of swearing!

Shadow Poop.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom