• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
As someone who's never played Bayonetta, I genuinely can't tell if you're referring to her, Gene, or Rodon.
I would be referring to Jeanne.

Which, now that I think about it, she wouldn't exactly be impossible as CP11, and could maybe even work as a promo rep if things line up just right with Bayonetta 3, and while Jeanne has generally been seen as echo material, she could theoretically have a unique moveset. Granted, with how ??? Bayonetta 3 is I don't know about the "promo" part panning out.

that said, it would be funny if after ending on FE again with FP1, we actually end on bayonetta again with FP2. It'd be like if that final Smash 4 presentation was split in 2.

SKX31

Smash Master
What on Earth is this and why is it the funniest thing I've seen all day?
Google image searched it, and it's a photoshopped version of this banner SEGA hung up at E3 2001 to promote SA2 (suspected that's the case since that's Shadow's SA2 render):

(Still though, the photoshopped version is much better than the original.)

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
I would be referring to Jeanne.

Which, now that I think about it, she wouldn't exactly be impossible as CP11, and could maybe even work as a promo rep if things line up just right with Bayonetta 3, and while Jeanne has generally been seen as echo material, she could theoretically have a unique moveset. Granted, with how ??? Bayonetta 3 is I don't know about the "promo" part panning out.

that said, it would be funny if after ending on FE again with FP1, we actually end on bayonetta again with FP2. It'd be like if that final Smash 4 presentation was split in 2.
I wouldn't complain tbh

About this game's ending, I just noticed something:
Ken & Incineroar -> Final base game characters. Fighting game rep and a Pokémon respectively.
Kazuya & ??? -> oh no...

jk tho, I don't think we'll get another mon but just food for thought

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
I wouldn't complain tbh

About this game's ending, I just noticed something:
Ken & Incineroar -> Final base game characters. Fighting game rep and a Pokémon respectively.
Kazuya & ??? -> oh no...

jk tho, I don't think we'll get another mon but just food for thought
As long as it's not another starter, I'd be A-okay with that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Verge's situation is kind of odd. He never literally said the Champions were coming to Smash. He made a dumb joke that was easy to interpret as that. Keep in mind I do think it was meant to be a hint, and that he's backpedaling.

However, he's also about being honest. I can actually believe he was trolling with that statement(instead of actually lying). Though what we also see is he got a bad source and couldn't contact his main source, allegedly.

Frankly, while I do somewhat believe he wasn't trying to leak the Champions, the fact he got another bad source and still went in means he's no longer credible. So more or less my way of respecting the user but refuse to take his leaks seriously(Smash Ultimate-wise. Who knows on other games. Gotta wait and see).

He shouldn't have made that dumb joke(assuming for even a split second it wasn't his bad source giving leak information instead) either way. Just like people have done with Sakurai, people take things leakers say seriously, even if they're jokes. So it was just a bad idea all around. I'm not going to really give him the benefit of the doubt, but I can consider the possibility he was only leaking one character(which is still wrong, so as I said, thumbs down to his credibility).

MattX20

Smash Hero
I trust more my own speculation than general leaks these days. The stuff the game already has like the last empty spot that will remain in the music test menu next week for example are more of a proper clue to look into than 4chan leaks or Resetera posts as both haven proven to be very unreliable

Shroob

Sup?
I trust more my own speculation than general leaks these days. The stuff the game already has like the last empty spot that will remain in the music test menu next week for example are more of a proper clue to look into than 4chan leaks or Resetera posts as both haven proven to be very unreliable
I don't doubt that CP11 is probably from a new series, but I just cannot take this menu as a "hint".

This would imply that before the game came out they had already planned for exactly 8 new franchises to be added in as DLC so the menu would become a perfect rectangle when everything is finished, which just seems illogical.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't doubt that CP11 is probably from a new series, but I just cannot take this menu as a "hint".

This would imply that before the game came out they had already planned for exactly 8 new franchises to be added in as DLC so the menu would become a perfect rectangle when everything is finished, which just seems illogical.
I never said it had to be a new IP that was never in Smash before. It could be an IP that's already in Smash that doesn't have a playable character. Shantae, Famicom Detective Club, Rhythm Heaven, and Rayman fall into this category

Shroob

Sup?
I never said it had to be a new IP that was never in Smash before. It could be an IP that's already in Smash that doesn't have a playable character. Shantae, Famicom Detective Club, Rhythm Heaven, and Rayman fall into this category
That doesn't really change what I'm saying though, like, at all. It's still a series which would need a "new" music menu spot.

The point is that this theory relies on the thought process that Sakurai and the team built this menu with all future DLC in mind before the game came out, when, afaik, FP2 was only finalized in mid 2019.

MattX20

Smash Hero
That doesn't really change what I'm saying though, like, at all. It's still a series which would need a "new" music menu spot.

The point is that this theory relies on the thought process that Sakurai and the team built this menu with all future DLC in mind before the game came out, when, afaik, FP2 was only finalized in mid 2019.
And? Why is the idea of just the music menu being filled out such an impossibility here? The stage and character select screen will not be even that much is true, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily true for the music menu as well. Plus, there's nothing that says we couldn't get a rep from a new IP to close off Ultimate's DLC. It will likely end on a lower key character and I expect it to be someone not genre defining like Crash or Master Chief.

Shroob

Sup?
And? Why is the idea of just the music menu being filled out such an impossibility here? The stage and character select screen will not be even that much is true, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily true for the music menu as well. Plus, there's nothing that says we couldn't get a rep from a new IP to close off Ultimate's DLC. It will likely end on a lower key character and I expect it to be someone not genre defining like Crash or Master Chief.
I mean, I'm not saying it can't happen. In fact, I expect us to get a series which will need its own section added.

But I am saying that an incomplete menu isn't solid evidence.

Like you said, the Stage Select Screen will be missing 3 spots on it, why is this not important but the music menu is?

Smash menus have never been perfectly squared off, and trying to apply logic to it doesn't really offer much.

If it happens, it's not really a hint as much as it is a happy coincidence.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There's plenty of reasons to expect a character from a series that doesn't have a fighter. One particular menu is not one.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I mean, I'm not saying it can't happen. In fact, I expect us to get a series which will need its own section added.

But I am saying that an incomplete menu isn't solid evidence.

Like you said, the Stage Select Screen will be missing 3 spots on it, why is this not important but the music menu is?

Smash menus have never been perfectly squared off, and trying to apply logic to it doesn't really offer much.

If it happens, it's not really a hint as much as it is a happy coincidence.
At any rate, we'll likely find out who FP11 is no later than the September general Direct

Shroob

Sup?
Something to note, but if we are getting 6 Mii costumes, then that probably confirms we're not getting the boss arena as a stand-alone stage lol.

Granted, if we get less than 6 Mii outfits, then it's possible.

Shroob

Sup?
What do Mii Costumes have to do with stages?
The patch's notification spaces have been "datamined" already.

Every patch has a certain amount of stuff that's guaranteed to be included, but we roughly have 6 "free spaces". These could be Mii costumes, the most likely scenario, bonus spirits, or the least likely, a stage.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The patch's notification spaces have been "datamined" already.

Every patch has a certain amount of stuff that's guaranteed to be included, but we roughly have 6 "free spaces". These could be Mii costumes, the most likely scenario, bonus spirits, or the least likely, a stage.
I mean, didn't we only get 2 of those for Sephiroth, sending everyone and their mother into a panic?
Wow mans really waited TWO WEEKS to make an excuse

let me say it louder for the people in the back

#VergebenIsOverParty
I don't know what I think is funnier, you loudly and proudly claiming it took 2 weeks for a response when it had only been a single week or 12 people missing that and hitting like

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't know what I think is funnier, you loudly and proudly claiming it took 2 weeks for a response when it had only been a single week or 12 people missing that and hitting like
I mean, a person is smart, but people are dumb. Why else are we capable of independent speculation and thinking about possibility as a person, but not when we are a group where we point out the same thing over and over?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Okay, after reviewing the footage tons of times and looking over the way Tekken works. I have come to the following conclusions about Kazuya.

Moveset Stuff

-Devils Form is Purely Aesthetic. Seeing as of all ~30 moves we’ve seen, there is not a single example of overlapping Devil and Regular moves. As well, all Devil moves have a big impact or make use of the added abilities (ie Smashes, Wings for Double Jump and Up Special, Lazar beam for Neutral Special)

-Tekken Rage is a powerup Kazuya gets after reaching a certain percent. It at least gives access to a one use per stock hyper move which I think is called Heavens Door. And if it works the same as Tekken it should boost his attack.

-Kazuya does NOT have punch and kick buttons, as he has a full list of specials (A Min Min style Jump for Up B, Lazer Beam for Neutral Special, A Side B burst option that crumples opponents (seen at 1:25), and I think if he uses Down Special on Ground he crouches (more on that in a sec), if used in the air he instead uses Devils Scissors.)

-Kazuya has a crouch mechanic giving him a small list of moves to play around with. And may be the only character in the game with an actually useful wavedash.

-Kazuya has a Back Tilt and Diagonal Inputs. This allows for the crazy amount of moves we’ve seen.

-Kazuya’s combo attacks likely stem from inputs that are continually built upon. I guess they are standard fighting game inputs that need timed presses to keep going.

-Unlike Terry and Ryu, Kazuya can NOT cancel any attacks into others. They must be organically built to lead into each other.

- Like Ryu and Terry, his jump isn’t very useful. Though thankfully Up Special (Seen at 1:29) looks good for recovery.

-Electric Wind God Fist is missing so far. Though if I had to guess it’s a secret just like it was in earlier Tekken games till 7.

All of this makes me 100% sure that Kazuya is the most complex character in the game. By a HUGE margin.

Other Stuff

-The Tekken Announcer does seem to voice Kazuya’s victory screen. You probably already know this, but I spent so long hearing it I felt the need to bring it up. It is possible they also voice his CSS.

-Kazuya’s full list of Alts has not been shown off. If I may, there is a small chance Jin is an alt the team has saved for a surprise. Though he is more than likely a mii and/or spirit.

This took hours of work. I am confident that I maybe have this right.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, if Phoenix Wright turns out to be the last fighter for Ultimate, would you be okay with it? I've been in a bit of a debate on a Discord server over whether or not he or Dante are more likely, the most I've gotten from the Dante side is just the recent Switch ports (only one of which has any new content) over the longer, more substantial history of the Ace Attorney series on Nintendo consoles.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
So, if Phoenix Wright turns out to be the last fighter for Ultimate, would you be okay with it? I've been in a bit of a debate on a Discord server over whether or not he or Dante are more likely, the most I've gotten from the Dante side is just the recent Switch ports (only one of which has any new content) over the longer, more substantial history of the Ace Attorney series on Nintendo consoles.
He’s not really one of my most wanted but I’d be okay with just about anyone. Phoenix could be pretty funny judging by his portrayal in Marvel vs Capcom.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’ll take it, i like the AA series, loved how he played in UMvC3

and PXZ2 will be even MORE canon to Smash :awesome:

Shroob

Sup?
I really doubt legacy on a Nintendo console matters in the end tbh.

Regardless, yes, I'd be cool with it, I like Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom