• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Animal Crossing isn’t exactly the most bombastic game, so not many people were looking at Isabelle and saying “I wanna beat up Ganondorf as her!”
On the contrary, I think that's the major appeal of Isabelle. The fact that you can play as such a cute unassuming character against gods and goddesses and bloodthirsty dragons and super soldier mercenaries... that kind of variety is exactly what makes Smash amazing, to me. So "I wanna beat up Ganondorf as Isabelle" was without a doubt something I was saying and a lot of other people were saying too, pretty much verbatim.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
On the contrary, I think that's the major appeal of Isabelle. The fact that you can play as such a cute unassuming character against gods and goddesses and bloodthirsty dragons and super soldier mercenaries... that kind of variety is exactly what makes Smash amazing, to me. So "I wanna beat up Ganondorf as Isabelle" was without a doubt something I was saying and a lot of other people were saying too, pretty much verbatim.
That is fair, she did get really popular after her reveal. And part of that is definitely the fact the Dancing Cleric Dog can Murder the Giant Space Dragon sometimes called “The Cunning God of Death”.

I guess the novelty of that concept wore down after a couple years. If its not that or moveset I really don’t know why a lot of people are ranking her lower on the totem pole compared to others.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Maybe they don't like playing against Izzy? I do hear plenty of people complain about her Fishing Rod and calling it cheap.
Honestly this is it for me lmao

I think Isabelle is cute and has a lot of personality, and I like how her moveset expands on Villager's to include a lot more references to real Animal Crossing stuff (like serious why does Villager have a bowling ball and Balloon Fight in their moveset instead of a fishing rod or a party popper?) Plus she's really grown into her own as a super popular character in gaming all-around, even in the mainstream outside our core Nintendo circles, so she deserves the spot.

But ugggghhhh omg I do not like fighting against her and that dumb side special or down special or slingshot in Smash, and I don't even like playing as her. If it were up to me I'd probably cut her next game and incorporate half her moveset into Villager's instead...

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Since everybody's doing it, might as well:
S::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsephiroth::ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie::ulthero2:(yeah, Hero's up here mainly because of Eight).
A::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultchrom::ultbyleth::ultinkling::ultincineroar::ultpyra::ultmythra::ultminmin
B::ultdaisy::ultpiranha::ultken::ult_terry::ultsteve::ultkazuya::ultisabelle:
C::ultjoker:(He's cool and still a fun addition and would be a B like the other ones I'm okay with, but he's mostly down here because I know heck about him and his game series besides Persona 3 which I played for a bit).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Isabelle is an odd one for me. Many already knew I preferred her as an AT, etc. It was actually Amiibo Festival of all games that convinced me she's workable in Smash. The Mario Party-style character who does these violent-like things but considers it a game. That felt actually on-personality compared to her being in a game that is violent in some way. Her personality in Smash fits this perfectly. This is the actual reason I'm satisfied with her.

That said, for me, the base newcomer(s) that were necessary was literally Inkling and that's it. The rest were a bonus, and quite a good one to boot.

For DLC, only Steve/Alex felt like a necessity. The rest are all cool choices in their own right.

For the record, I really like Isabelle, but I like her the most as a helpful character. So her being playable didn't sit right with me. That's in past tense. If she was still an AT, I wouldn't be all that bothered. At the time. If I wasn't aware of how AF worked, I would've still had that mindset. Now I'm quite happy with the base roster overall. There's changes I'd make when it comes to gameplay data/etc. for characters otherwise, but the roster is highly solid. That said, I still found Brawl's more hype, but it had more characters I wanted in comparison.

Either way, this is a great lineup for Base Game and DLC, and actually in the end, despite what I said earlier, I overall wouldn't change a thing. :)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
To save us from ranking hell...

I like Isabelle a lot. I think she's super fun and has a fun trapper playstyle.

I see her on the lower end of a lot of lists. Why is that?

Do you just not like Isabelle as a character? Do you not like her moveset? Do you not like the fact that she is a semi clone? What's the reason?
I don't like Isabelle as a character, I don't like her moveset, I don't like the fact that she is a semi clone, I don't like how her trailer overstayed her welcome, I don't like the fact that she is not an echo fighter means I can't hide her from my screen, I especially don't like how the fanbase pairs her up with Doom Guy and turned him from Ultimate wrathful incarnation of rage to a dumb, soft, idiot! Then she becomes the same dumb overused trope of cute character but with evil intentions. I wish she just stayed as an assist trophy.

That and I'm a cat person.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Do you just not like Isabelle as a character? Do you not like her moveset? Do you not like the fact that she is a semi clone? What's the reason?
I think it's a combination of a few things:
  1. I don't think she really captivated the hardcore Super Smash Bros. audience specifically before her debut. The reception seemed to be a resounding "meh".
  2. Her trailer is often cited as one of, if not the, worst character trailer for the game since basically nothing interesting happens until the CGI is over. This means that the trailer was wildly unsuccessful at getting people hyped.
  3. She's probably the only character in the game who's moveset feels half baked. She has a single trap, a strange grab, and different functioning Smash Attacks. Everything else is basically as it worked on the Villager, leading to nothing really cohesive.
For me, Isabelle is a "meh" character overall. She does have a weird allure to me though, and I do keep coming back do her occasionally even though I never really like playing as her. I dunno I see a fun playstyle in the makings and really want to play that or if she's just cute or what.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I don't like Isabelle as a character, I don't like her moveset, I don't like the fact that she is a semi clone, I don't like how her trailer overstayed her welcome, I don't like the fact that she is not an echo fighter means I can't hide her from my screen, I especially don't like how the fanbase pairs her up with Doom Guy and turned him from Ultimate wrathful incarnation of rage to a dumb, soft, idiot! Then she becomes the same dumb overused trope of cute character but with evil intentions. I wish she just stayed as an assist trophy.

That and I'm a cat person.
To be fair on the whole Doomguy x Isabelle pairing, the whole reason Doomguy became so violent and vengeful was becuase his pet bunny was murdered. So Doomguy clearly values fuzzy animals.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

A pro player got beat by a young girl's Isabelle and Smash players really didn't like that. Literal bullying ensued - not the playful kind, either. It was upsettin'.
Of course, this is obviously not why most people would have an issue with her. This discussion just reminded me of it.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
A pro player got beat by a young girl's Isabelle and Smash players came to hate her and the player almost as much as they hate showers. Literal bullying ensued - not the playful kind, either. It was upsettin'.
Of course, I'd like to think most people who don't like Isabelle have saner reasons.
Yeah that's not...
why people don't love her.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

It's literally just me not being a big Animal Crossing fan. I'm not really into life sim games.

Isabelle as a character is fine. The moveset is fine. I don't mind playing as or against her. I just don't really have any actual attachment.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Gengar84

Smash Hero

I don’t really dislike Isabelle, I’m just not really interested in Animal Crossing in general so I wasn’t really hyped for her inclusion. I wasn’t really upset with it either, just indifferent. I actually kind of like her design even though I tend to prefer darker, edgy characters overall.

The only newcomer I actually dislike is Steve. I think he was my literal least wanted character but even then I’m not really that bothered by his inclusion. Minecraft is very popular and I know a lot of people were excited to see him. As much as I’d love it to be, I know Smash isn’t exclusively designed for my personal taste and I’m fine with that. Steve also looked like he had a pretty interesting moveset to mess around with.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
:ultchrom: is the character that made me buy a Nintendo Switch - and this **** is expenside here - to play Smash Ultimate, so he's above everyone else to the point of I don't want to play a Smash game that doesn't have him as playable.

:ultrichter: :ultincineroar::ulthero3::ultbylethf: Are among the characters I like to play the most, :ultsimon::ulthero4::ulthero2::ultbyleth: are pretty cool alternatives so I ocasionally play as them too (sorry :ulthero: you never stood a chance)

:ultkazuya: will no doubt join the tier above once he's available.

:ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie::ultsephiroth::ultpyra::ultmythra:are characters I didn't exactly "want" to begin with but I greatly enjoy their presence.

:ult_terry:is a character I always liked but unfortunately will suffer for "not being Kyo" until Kyo himself shows up one day :(

:ultinkling::ultdaisy: are positive additions to me even if I don't really play as them at all.

:ultisabelle: :ultsteve: I have nothing against them yet I have an urge to F-Smash'em into oblivion anytime I see them.

:ultminmin rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

:ultpiranha: was funny for a week before I started to wonder why is this even a thing.

:ultjoker:everything about him sucks, I wish I could mod him and his fighter pack out of my Smash.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
To be fair on the whole Doomguy x Isabelle pairing, the whole reason Doomguy became so violent and vengeful was becuase his pet bunny was murdered. So Doomguy clearly values fuzzy animals.
I'm fine with it being real life animals. It's just that it's Isabelle that's the problem.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It’s sad to see so much Joker hate. Persona has become one of my favorite game series ever and I thought it was awesome he made it into Smash. There’s just something about Persona’s characters that really resonate with me. They pretty much all feel like actual people with fleshed out personalities that you’d want to hang out with.

I think it’s the down to earth style of the games that gives the characters a great chance to show off their personalities and interact with each other. Compare that to Xenoblade 2, another one of my favorite games. In Xenoblade, the characters felt more like cliches and less like their own person. Take Zeke for example. He’s cool but there is almost nothing that separates him from Owain from Fire Emblem Awakening as a character. He just feels like a stereotypical chunubio.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Moveset-wise, Isabelle's kind of a downgrade from villager for me, and this is someone who loves Villager. Her moveset just doesn't mesh as well.

Also, it doesn't quite feel right having her mute the entire time. Giving her her signature gibberish could've gone a long way.

Honestly, I kinda forget she's even on the roster, which is disappointing to say, given I was actually looking forward to her

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Also, it doesn't quite feel right having her mute the entire time. Giving her her signature gibberish could've gone a long way.
It's canonically called "Animalese". And yeah, after playing as her in MK8D, I think you could just take the animalese from there and slap it into Smash. Dunno why they didn't do that.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
As far as how the newcomers work, I think Sakurai has done an amazing job with most of them, but there are a few characters I would make changes for:

1. :ultinkling: Why is ink not a stage control mechanic? That's like, the big thing about Splatoon. Instead it's a defense debuff, which isn't really a sensible alternative since kills are more about removing opponents from their position than they are a win condition like in Super Smash Bros.
  2. :ultdaisy: I very much dislike characters who have the same exact gamefeel as another. For Daisy in particular, it doesn't make sense that she has Toads in her moveset. I would have replaced Toad Shield with something else (maybe a baseball bat reflector if we're to add something similar), removed her float in favor of a triple jump, and maybe also replaced her turnips.
  3. :ultridley: In broad strokes, his moveset is great, but I think the balancing is slightly off. I also think they could have experimented with some crazy flight mechanics, like float mixed with Wings of Icarus with the drawback of being locked to a few moves (which is where you could implement the iconic pogo tail).
  4. :ultdarksamus: Give her...something to stand out. Maybe like, give her her duplicate ability instead of Bomb and turn Charge Shot into a beam. I think that alone would change the dynamic enough to at least feel different even if it doesn't deviate too much.
  5. :ultsimon: & :ultrichter: Again, give them something to stand out from each other. Maybe just make some of their tools better (or just different) on one and others better (or different) on the other.
  6. :ultisabelle: Adjust her kit to focus more on the trapping playstyle. Oh yeah, and also give her her voice.
  7. :ultpiranha: The core moveset is fine, but it needs tweaking. If ledge trapping is its win condition then give it stuff to actually carry that out. Maybe give it some throws with a devastating knockback angle and distance, but awful knockback growth so it can yeet people off stage more consistently (this may or may not be a good idea).
  8. :ultbyleth: I actually like how Byleth's moveset functions, but I would still delete it and start over with an angle that isn't "lol sword bad".

So that's 3 victims of how lame Echo Fighters can be, 2 designs I fundamentally disagree with (and one of them's really just an overarching mechanic), and 3 designs I would like to see majorly tweaked. Everyone else I think is great (even if some of them are under-tuned). Except for Banjo & Kazooie, but I can't really say what bothers me about them.

If you're wondering why Pyra/Mythra aren't here despite my disdain for them, it's because their movesets are really good; I just don't like them as the only Xenoblade Chronicles 2 characters (like seriously, adding Rex & Pyra/Mythra alongside them would immediately remove all of my complaints about them).

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Stray thought unrelated to the roster ranking stuff, but kinda just want to share this realization that... likely won't mean anything, but either way.

Talking about which costumes were held off for FP2 and why put something into perspective for me. Geno / Chocobo belong to Square Enix, and we got Sephiroth. Heihachi / Lloyd / Gil belong to Namco, and we got Kazuya. And then Monster Hunter belongs to Capcom... with no character.

Of course I'm not suggesting this should be taken as gospel, especially when there's an easily digestible explanation of "they held off the Monster Hunter stuff to align with the release of MH Rise". But it has me thinking about whether or not additional negotiation may have went down with Capcom and if any other characters from the company would have been on the table, like what was clearly the case with the other two instances.

Capcom has the RE spirit event, brand new Felyne and Arthur costumes in addition to an Arthur spirit and a Rise spirit event too. I'd say Capcom is probably the most active third party through the course of the DLC cycle to still have nothing to show for themselves. Meanwhile SE got quite a few spirit events themselves and obviously received two new characters across both Fighter Passes.

I dunno! Again, probably doesn't mean much, but I thought it was an interesting thing to think about. I'm feeling a lot better about Capcom's odds of getting something new after the reveal of Kazuya, at least.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm honestly the opposite.

I love Isabelle's moveset, but Villager's had always felt boring to me. The traps in Isabelle's moveset made it feel exciting for me.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ya know
It'd be interesting AF if we got more Capcom Mii Costumes this round, especially given what Louie G. recently said.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Stray thought unrelated to the roster ranking stuff, but kinda just want to share this realization that... likely won't mean anything, but either way.

Talking about which costumes were held off for FP2 and why put something into perspective for me. Geno / Chocobo belong to Square Enix, and we got Sephiroth. Heihachi / Lloyd / Gil belong to Namco, and we got Kazuya. And then Monster Hunter belongs to Capcom... with no character.

Of course I'm not suggesting this should be taken as gospel, especially when there's an easily digestible explanation of "they held off the Monster Hunter stuff to align with the release of MH Rise". But it has me thinking about whether or not additional negotiation may have went down with Capcom and if any other characters from the company would have been on the table, like what was clearly the case with the other two instances. Capcom has the RE spirit event, brand new Felyne and Arthur costumes in addition to an Arthur spirit too. I'd say Capcom is probably the most active third party through the course of the DLC cycle to still have nothing to show for themselves.

I dunno! Again, probably doesn't mean much, but I thought it was an interesting thing to think about. I'm feeling a lot better about Capcom's odds of getting something new after the reveal of Kazuya, at least.
I don't think it really means anything. Keep in mind we also got a Konami Mii costume (Bomberman) and Bethesda costume (Vault Boy) in FP2, and neither of those companies have a playable character in FP2 either.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't think it really means anything. Keep in mind we also got a Konami Mii costume (Bomberman) and Bethesda costume (Vault Boy) in FP2, and neither of those companies have a playable character in FP2 either.
That isn't really what I said since I was talking about returning Mii costumes held over for FP2, in addition to multiple unique spirit events that neither of the other companies have. It's the culmination of all of that DLC content / post release content that makes Capcom's case pretty interesting. But I did also emphasize about three separate times that the costume situation itself probably doesn't mean anything. It's just food for thought.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I'm seeing one thing repeatedly and I'm frankly confused by it.

I keep seeing people say Kazuya is lame because "he's another fighting game character. Not another fighting game character."

But like... counting Kazuya, we only have five.

Ryu
Ken
Terry
Min Min
Kazuya

Like... what are people complaining about. That's five characters out of 80+.

What is even happening?

ZelDan

Smash Master
That isn't really what I said since I was talking about returning Mii costumes held over for FP2, in addition to multiple unique spirit events that neither of the other companies have. It's the culmination of all of that DLC content / post release content that makes Capcom's case pretty interesting. But I did also emphasize about three separate times that the costume situation itself probably doesn't mean anything. It's just food for thought.
I know you emphasized that it probably means nothing, I was basically agreeing with that.

I guess I kind of missed the spirit event part of your post, so my bad there.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Moveset-wise, Isabelle's kind of a downgrade from villager for me, and this is someone who loves Villager. Her moveset just doesn't mesh as well.

Honestly, I kinda forget she's even on the roster, which is disappointing to say, given I was actually looking forward to her
Yeah Isabelle was a super popular pick in Speculation and it sucks that I often forget she’s even there. And yeah I think it’s that she’s just Villager 2. Even though I am glad she’s there I wish she had been a little more unique.

Flik

Smash Journeyman

Of course I'm not suggesting this should be taken as gospel, especially when there's an easily digestible explanation of "they held off the Monster Hunter stuff to align with the release of MH Rise". But it has me thinking about whether or not additional negotiation may have went down with Capcom and if any other characters from the company would have been on the table, like what was clearly the case with the other two instances.

Capcom has the RE spirit event, brand new Felyne and Arthur costumes in addition to an Arthur spirit and a Rise spirit event too. I'd say Capcom is probably the most active third party through the course of the DLC cycle to still have nothing to show for themselves. Meanwhile SE got quite a few spirit events themselves and obviously received two new characters across both Fighter Passes.

Time to add Mr. Capcom (and his buddies) already
captain-commando-snes-banner.jpg

Faso115

Smash Lord
I have been analyzing the second pass and how it correlates with Second Chance theory and it's pretty interesting how most of them address a common complaint throught Base and Pass 1.

• Games coming out to late to matter for the base roster (:ultminmin:ultpyra:)
  • Cloud having lackluster representation from his own series (:ultsephiroth:)
  • Namco somehow not having anything other than Pacman (:ultkazuya:)
:ultsteve: is like the only one that doesn't really tick any boxes other than rumors and allegued leaks. So i had to go through most of the complaints people had over certain roster or representation issues i noticed and landed on two common ones

• Assist Trophy promotion (Insert your Waluigis, Isaacs and others here)
  • Zelda rather lackluster representation when it comes to fighters (Sticking to the triforce trio and never adding specific game characters outside of Sheik, who is just ninja zelda)
If you 100% believe second chance theory to be the most consistant theory thus far, i think it's worth keeping in mind these two points. Maybe we could get a promotion or a zelda character but i personally believe neither is super likely. But hey, prove me wrong nintendo.

Of course this is yet another pattern and we all know we are gonna get Zacian.:4pacman:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Oh yeah... I errrr... forgot about Isabelle in my previous Ultimate newcomer ratings hahahaha... guess that tells you what I think of her.

:ultisabelle: I can't play as Villager to save my life, Isabelle even less and she is very firmly in my "eh" ranking. Didn't play any Animal Crossing after City Folk, so I don't have any connection to her as a character. Any time I try to play as her it's "stupid dog, you made me look bad! Oooga booga booga"

Alright, y'all were yammering about newcomer rankings before. Now it's MY turrrrrrrrrrrrrrn har har harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr nyarrrrrrrrrrrrr oh ho ho ho hooooooooooo myarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

:ultinkling: : Ya know... I'm neither a kid nor a squid... I'm actually pretty indifferent. Didn't play Splatoon, don't really like the online multiplayer scene so much... Inkling is clearly one of Nintendo's new big things so it makes sense. I neither hate it nor love it... it falls into my "indifferent" reaction!

:ultdaisy: : Daisy WOW haha so near yet so far haha! Daisy was one of my most wanteds of all fighters! But I had imagined her as being a sports themed fighter rather than just a Peach clone... Daisy doesn't really have much association with the Toads, blue or any other color, much less vegetable tossing. I LOVE her because she's Daisy but I'm disappointed because it's not Striker/Sports Daisy... ohhhh the conundrum there.

:ultridley: : RIDLEY hahaha Ultimate's first big "never ever" that actually came to happen! I love him! I love his stock Toho monster (Megaguirus a bit?) roar taunt. I love that they ACTUALLY made him work, despite previously saying he was too big! He's wonderful! After this fighter, never let it be said that the fans don't get listened to.

:ultsimon::ultrichter: : The only Castlevania I even kinda know is old school Castlevania, so I love these guys. Great trailer, ABSOLUTELY LOVE that they both still have the "Castlevania Walk" as their standard walk animation, nothing quite like power walking through Dracula's castle to slap him with a whip hahaha. I can't play as either of them effectively to save my life but I do like them pretty good. Also JUST HOW MANY SQUATS DOES SIMON DO? JIMINY CHRISTMAS CRACKERS HE'S BUFF!

:ultkrool: : OH... OH... KING K ROOL! I screamed in JOY when he was revealed! He was the next "never ever" after Ridley and he got in, pretty much just as fans imagined him to be! He is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! One of Ultimate's VERY BEST newcomers IMO

:ultchrom: : Oh I suppose he's here too... yeah, he's ok. I'd probably like him more if I cared about Fire Emblem but yeah he's neat. Kinda odd that he's Roy's echo yet has one of Ike's moves but I suppose that just makes him a bit unique among the echoes.

:ultdarksamus: : Now Dark Samus is cool! A bit of a shame Dark Samus doesn't have the Phazon moves the Wii U assist trophy had so KIND OF a Daisy situation where I'm glad they're here just wish they were a bit different. Still, Dark Samus is really neat and I actually like Dark Samus's floatiness vs regular Samus.

:ultken: : Ken Masters... among the Street Fighter characters, he's kind of in my "least favorite" pile but eh, more Street Fighter is always good in my book. Would have preferred Sakura tho... he ranks as an "eh" for me.

:ultincineroar: : hahahaha I LOVE HIM! He's another one of my favorite Ultimate newcomers! Incineroar very quickly rose the ranks and became my favorite Fire Starter Pokemon! He's such a BUTT being a heel wrestler and all. I adore his whole thing! It's like he PURELY EXISTS to upset people and I love him! One of my go-tos for Smash!

:ultpiranha: : I LOVE HIM TOO HAHAHAHA Piranha Plant is easily one of the weirder characters to join Smash but I LOVE IT for that reason and he's actually really fun to play too! If you'd gone back in time and told me that "Ultimate is going to have DLC and the first DLC character is a Piranha Plant" I'd have laughed you out of the room but here we go! He's real and he's real GOOD too!

:ultjoker: : Didn't play Persona 5, have no connection to the series so I would mostly be "eh" on Joker if it weren't for the music. The music MAKES this character IMO.

:ulthero4: : DRAGON QUEST however I ABSOLUTELY ADORE! And them in SMASH I adore just as much! My favorite part of the 4 characters (apart from there being 4 at all) is that they all have their "Ultimate" swords and shields with them. Also Dragon Quest IV love is always good, Solo ends up being the one I play as most with his Zenithian Sword and Shield. EASILY one of my VERY FAVORITE Ultimate newcomers, BAR NONE!

:ultbanjokazooie: : This is gonna be blasphemy to some but... I have never played Banjo-Kazooie and everything I've seen of the game just looks kind of annoying. The character plays really good in Smash though, so I love playing as them, I just wish I had a better connection to them.

:ult_terry: : My connection to Terry is SLIGHTLY better, I saw the old anime thing years back and I kinda knew King of Fighters from PS2's KOF: Maximum Impact, but it didn't really leave an Impact on me, Maximum or otherwise. Overall, pretty "eh" on Terry, though I do love him yelling things in Engrish.

:ultbyleth: : Really wish I cared more about Fire Emblem. THOUGH, Byleth, once you get the hang of them, is pretty fun. Fun to land the hammer on people and such because they really whack you when they land. Once again... just wish I cared more about Fire Emblem. I rank them on the higher end of "eh".

:ultminmin : Min Min's cute! I really didn't enjoy the demo of ARMS that I played, the controls were wonky (kept throwing when I'd try to defend and such) and frankly, much like with Splatoon I really don't care for the online multiplayer focus... but I like the idea. And Min Min is easily the most visually striking of all those characters so it's good to see her here, even if she is a little hard to figure out. "Pretty neat" is what I'd rank her.

:ultsteve: : STEVE hahahaha many a rumor claimed he'd turn up in this game and at last he finally did and he's just as weird as I thought he'd be hahaha! I've never played Minecraft, don't care to (sim/building games aren't for me), but I love this character, the dude straight up broke Twitter, my Minecraft playing brother went ballistic... I gotta say... I love this dude and I love the fact that both him AND Banjo got in when people were taking camps for one or the other. A happy ending.

:ultsephiroth: : Suffice to say, I popped in Advent Children Complete (one of my favorite films ever made) after he was revealed! I. ADORE THIS! Sephiroth, in Super Smash Bros! I was part of the Geno thread at that time and while I would have loved playable Geno, I was also open to the possibilities of other Square fighters (I got yelled at for that and disparaged) and Sephiroth is PERFECT! I mean... IT'S PLAYABLE SEPHIROTH! NUFF SAID! Very high hype for this one, one of Ultimate's best!

:ultpyra::ultmythra: : I LOVED Xenoblade 2! Was a bit bummed when Smash Ultimate only had Mii and Spirits and a couple low volume songs for it (which is more than what other games got to be clear) but like... when they were revealed, I replayed Xenoblade 2 and Torna on New Game + and I LOVED it all over again! Annoying my brother with Photon Edge is wonderful haha I love these two! Two of my favorites!

:ultkazuya:: View attachment 320269

I used to quote the cliff thing from Tekken: The Motion Picture all the time prior to his reveal... now that he's here... I have clearance to ask people why they're so upset all the time hahahahahahahahah "IS IT BECAUSE YOUR FATHER THREW YOU OFF THAT CLIFF?" I love it! I'll have to see how Kazuya plays and yeah he's not the first Tekken fighter I would have imagined in Smash (was expecting Jin or Heihachi and hoping for Lars) but having another villain in Smash is so good, especially one that's so upset because his father threw him off that cliff hahaha

And that's my wall o Smash rankings. I'm off to go grab Burger King. Be back in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom